PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow a must win!

green glory
19-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Until now I've always given CC the benefit of the doubt, and my support. He inherited someone else's team and has rebuilt it to his own liking, and I'll be honest I think he's done a great job bringing in the players he has. He's got the players he wanted and he needs to start delivering some worthwhile results starting tomorrow. Losing at home to St Mirren would be inexcusable and unacceptable. It gets serious from right now CC!

:hibees:flag::hibees

PS 'doing a Spurs' next week would be nice too. :greengrin

Malthibby
19-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I know it's all pretty depressing after the Killie debacle, but we need to get out & show support tomorrow.
Got to believe a good result can change the tone of the season.
Shalom to all Yams out there.
GG

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I said yesterday that due to the unpredictable nature of football meaning that often you don't get what you deserve, I'm very keen to see a good performance tomorrow, and hopefully the win will come from that.

We need to see a performance full of effort, commitment and fight for 90 minutes - we need to see that Calderwood can lift this group, and get the message across of what is required of these players to take Hibs were we want to be.

If we play really well and draw, I could live with that - I could obviously handle us being ***** and winning, but we really need to see serious signs of progress.

smurf
19-08-2011, 11:24 AM
We will win.

I can't bare the thought and reaction if we don't....

Sammy7nil
19-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I said yesterday that due to the unpredictable nature of football meaning that often you don't get what you deserve, I'm very keen to see a good performance tomorrow, and hopefully the win will come from that.

We need to see a performance full of effort, commitment and fight for 90 minutes - we need to see that Calderwood can lift this group, and get the message across of what is required of these players to take Hibs were we want to be.

If we play really well and draw, I could live with that - I could obviously handle us being ***** and winning, but we really need to see serious signs of progress.

Agree with that, it is not a must win game but it is a must see improvement.
If we were to get beat say 2 - 0 heading to Tynie next week our Colin would have to be thinking I will get out of this contract yet and Hibs will give Me compensation. :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Couldnt agree more we need a passionate, attacking and energetic home performance that gets the fans supporting the team. A win along with that would be ideal however if we play well and draw as long as there is signs of promise for the future would be satisfied with that. Wouldnt mind seeing a decent, entertaining game for a change also. :greengrin

3pm
19-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Couldnt agree more we need a passionate, attacking and energetic home performance that gets the fans supporting the team. A win along with that would be ideal however if we play well and draw as long as there is signs of promise for the future would be satisfied with that. Wouldnt mind seeing a decent, entertaining game for a change also. :greengrin

Jim, do you think we have the players to provide such a performance?

Also, has the bar fallen so much that that we'd take a draw at home to St Mirren?! Not a personal criticism of you. :aok: It's a sad reflection of where we are just now. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Also, has the bar fallen so much that that we'd take a draw at home to St Mirren?! Not a personal criticism of you. :aok: It's a sad reflection of where we are just now. :rolleyes:

Do you?

FWIW, myself and the others on this thread who have stated that a draw wouldn't be the end of the world, have done so on the condition that Hibs put in a good performance. No one is claiming that a point would be a good return from the game tomorrow, and a point after a bad performance will be pretty depressing stuff.

JimBHibees
19-08-2011, 12:36 PM

I think we do O'Connor, Sproule, Agogo, Airey, Booth etc are decent talents going forward so why not.

I think where we are at the moment after last Sunday is that IMO a good positive performance and signs of improvement are more important than the result. I am not saying we would take a draw of course we want to win our home games but that allied to a good performance would be ok at present. From what I have seen St Mirren arent a team to be taking lightly and they will be coming here with a bit of belief.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I think we do O'Connor, Sproule, Agogo, Airey, Booth etc are decent talents going forward so why not.

I think where we are at the moment after last Sunday is that IMO a good positive performance and signs of improvement are more important than the result. I am not saying we would take a draw of course we want to win our home games but that allied to a good performance would be ok at present. From what I have seen St Mirren arent a team to be taking lightly and they will be coming here with a bit of belief.

:agree:

They were a goal up before Hasselbaink was sent off in their draw at Tannadice, and missed a penalty in their draw away to Dunfermline, and by all accounts seem to be playing well this season.

I also agree that we have the players who should be able to put them under pressure for sustained periods.

basehibby
19-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Until now I've always given CC the benefit of the doubt, and my support. He inherited someone else's team and has rebuilt it to his own liking, and I'll be honest I think he's done a great job bringing in the players he has. He's got the players he wanted and he needs to start delivering some worthwhile results starting tomorrow. Losing at home to St Mirren would be inexcusable and unacceptable. It gets serious from right now CC!

:hibees:flag::hibees

PS 'doing a Spurs' next week would be nice too. :greengrin

:agree: We really need to see a vast improvement this week - 3 new signings made their debuts last week and from what I'm hearing O'Hanlon and Sodje are back in contention. This means that the team we see on saturday should be a lot closer to CC's strongest starting 11 - they've also had a week to train together and if they don't perform then the excuses will be wearing pretty thin.

California-Hibs
19-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to the game tomorrow. I have a good feeling that we're gonna turn on the style in this one and definatly record a good win. I seen enough in parts last week of Agogo, Osbourne and Airey to know that they have some good attributes to offer us. If they all start tomorrow, along with O'Connor and Sproule firing on all cylinders and O'Hanlon slotting back into the centre of defence, we could be looking at an entertaining performance by the lads tomorrow! My prediction is a good game with the score being ... Hibs 3-1 St Mirren O'conner, Junior Agogo x2

You heard it here first! :flag::flag::flag:

Sir David Gray
19-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Tomorrow won't be an easy match for us. St Mirren have had a reasonable start to the season and people have been congratulating them on how they've played in their first few games. I'm glad that Hasselbaink won't be playing but Teale and Thompson could cause our defence no end of problems if they perform as they did at Rugby Park.

I'm hoping that we can significantly change things from last week. I don't know if he'll be fit but having O'Hanlon in defence would give us a huge boost and it would be good to be able to start Osbourne and Agogo or Airey up front, which would allow us to drop any two of Wotherspoon, Stevenson or Murray from midfield.

We desperately need the three points tomorrow and kick start our season. We have a huge game the following week and we want to go into that in good shape.

Gatecrasher
19-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Tomorrow isn't a must win, but it will be nice of course. I think people will be more looking for a reaction from the team after last week. We do need to start picking up points though

Andy74
19-08-2011, 03:27 PM
CC is some boy obviously. He seems to have got people to such a position that a draw at home to St Mirren would be a decent thing.

Jim44
19-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I disagree strongly with those who say that tomorrow is not a 'must win' game. OK it's not a 'must win' or else dire consequences, but surely it's a 'must win' in terms of re-establishing some sort of standing in the eyes of every other SPL club. We are the undoubted 'soft touch', home and away, of the league and St Mirren will be disappointed if they don't pick up three points from the game. A defeat or even a draw will only serve to consolidate our well established ineptitude.

grunt
19-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't understand some of these comments. Every game should be a must win game. We should certainly expect to win all out home games, especially against non OF opposition. I think Spurs went into yesterday's game thinking it was a must win. If we're not treating all these games as must win games, then there's something wrong, IMO.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 03:53 PM
CC is some boy obviously. He seems to have got people to such a position that a draw at home to St Mirren would be a decent thing.

A very sad fact is that a draw tomorrow would be a better result than Hibs have managed in 20 of the 35 games Calderwood has managed us for.

However, you are just deliberately being obtuse - myself and anyone else on this thread who has said that they would tolerate a draw has said so on the premise that Hibs play exceptionally well and are unlucky not to win.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-08-2011, 03:55 PM
CC is some boy obviously. He seems to have got people to such a position that a draw at home to St Mirren would be a decent thing. Whilst I dinnae agree with your Yogithon on here, it is a sad state of affairs where people are quite to drop 2 pts to them at home as long as play well. If we play well and cannae beat St Mirren whats the point?!!

Hibbyradge
19-08-2011, 04:55 PM
We will win.

I can't bare the thought and reaction if we don't....

Please don't bare anything. I couldn't BEAR it if you did! :wink:

Hakim Sar
19-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Don't understand some of these comments. Every game should be a must win game. We should certainly expect to win all out home games, especially against non OF opposition. I think Spurs went into yesterday's game thinking it was a must win. If we're not treating all these games as must win games, then there's something wrong, IMO.

This laddie speaks sense especially with the spurs reference. Agree wholeheartedly that we need to start fighting scrapping kicking and screaming for 3 points at all costs in EVERY single minute of every game. Then see where we are in a few months