PDA

View Full Version : Cc misqoute on the beeb

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2011, 09:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14578732.stm

"What we're looking for is to be inconsistent - to do that we need to win," he said.

Or maybe it's his dry sense of humor as it's actually correct on current form

JustSimplyHibs
18-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Let's face we are where we expected to be....look at who we have played, Celtic, Inverness and Killie....before the season started given recent history we are where we expected to be for the moment in Calderwood's first full season. I would have accepted 3 points at the start given where we are with a new team and a sense of things being run differently at East Mains, it's better than 1 or nil points, and if you listened to the doom and gloomers talk just before the season started that's what they would be expecting under Calderwood.

Until Killie scored just before half time Hibs were in control of that game and were starting to boss. No experience at the back and a silly free kick given away cost us.

On Saturday we will win :flag:

keep the faith
18-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Let's face we are where we expected to be....look at who we have played, Celtic, Inverness and Killie....before the season started given recent history we are where we expected to be for the moment in Calderwood's first full season. I would have accepted 3 points at the start given where we are with a new team and a sense of things being run differently at East Mains, it's better than 1 or nil points, and if you listened to the doom and gloomers talk just before the season started that's what they would be expecting under Calderwood.

Until Killie scored just before half time Hibs were in control of that game and were starting to boss. No experience at the back and a silly free kick given away cost us.

Let's hope so mate. A good supportive post. The drama queens in here won't like it though.

Franck Stanton
18-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Personnally I think this defeat will have stung some pride/fight into the team and with the new arrivals getting their first start we will win on Saturday and go on and have a reasonable season, top 6 and with a wee bit luck in regards to injuries could even be challenging for a european spot. Glass half full and all that. Let the team gel and watch us go.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Personnally I think this defeat will have stung some pride/fight into the team and with the new arrivals getting their first start we will win on Saturday and go on and have a reasonable season, top 6 and with a wee bit luck in regards to injuries could even be challenging for a european spot. Glass half full and all that. Let the team gel and watch us go.
I hope so! If the new boys are of the right character well turn it around
Btw I missed out a smiley in my Op folks.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2011, 10:32 PM

Well said that man! :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2011, 09:55 AM
It's not a misquote, it's what he actually said. Fitba folk ken what he meant.