PDA

View Full Version : Yams How would FJK have done?

proud_and_green
18-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Pretty depressing performance by a Scottish team showing the gulf in class between the leagues. I wonder though whether FJK would have done better, i think his team would not have shipped as many goals.

LancashireHibby
18-08-2011, 08:39 PM
They could have had Sir Alex, Bill Shankly, Jock Stein and Bobby Williamson on loan for the night and Spurs would have still tonked them.

Steve20
I enjoyed every minute of it.

Seveno
Pretty depressing performance by a Scottish team showing the gulf in class between the leagues. I wonder though whether FJK would have done better, i think his team would not have shipped as many goals.

Yes, well done again, Agent Vlad.

Alfred E Newman

The real depressing thing for us is the fact that Hearts will probably finish well ahead of us this season.

Franck Stanton
18-08-2011, 08:43 PM
The real depressing thing for us is the fact that Hearts will probably finish well ahead of us this season.

Could be right, however this thread is about TONIGHT and they got well and truly humped so ffs dont bring our form [ or lack of it] into it, just enjoy the moment. Well done Spurs.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-08-2011, 08:51 PM
manky hearts were just awful. Spurs never in top gear. Utterly embarrassing for HMFC.

Seekyit
18-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Aye, FJK would have made more of a game of it.

Shame.

Such a shame.

alexedwards
18-08-2011, 09:03 PM

sticking to topic they definitely would not have lost by more than 2 or 3 under FJK.

hibs0666
18-08-2011, 09:05 PM

You're a cheery chap are you not?

Hibs Class
18-08-2011, 09:11 PM
sticking to topic they definitely would not have lost by more than 2 or 3 under FJK.

I think they definitely might have lost by a similar margin.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2011, 09:12 PM
FJK would have had them battling and using the home advantage.

The new manager wants to play a European passing game.

He hasn't got the players to do that. He'll be sacked before the season's end.

gorgie_harp
18-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I enjoyed every minute of it.

:agree::agree::agree::aok:

Minder
18-08-2011, 09:15 PM
FJK would have had them battling and using the home advantage.

The new manager wants to play a European passing game.

He hasn't got the players to do that. He'll be sacked before the season's end.

Could be week end never mind seasons end ! pmsl

alexedwards
18-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I think they definitely might have lost by a similar margin.

Doubt it. That team was picked by somebody who does not know what they were doing. Playing 2 small wingers
with 1 of them unfit and leaving gaping holes all over the place would not have been an FJK tactic.
Webster also looked unfit and disorganised - not sure if he would have been picked under FJK.

Jack
19-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Spurs scored at will last night. They could have done that against any hearts team, however it was set up.

Geo_1875
19-08-2011, 07:19 AM
FJK would have had them so fired up they'd have ended up with more cards than goals against.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2011, 09:07 AM

Not sure about that, he's been in charge and even played in teams that have taken severe humpings. Mainly from Hibs i'd agree, but Spurs are just as good as we are. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Is the correct answer "he would have blamed the pitch"?

jacomo
19-08-2011, 10:21 AM
The Jambos were all agreed that results under FJK were simply unacceptable and their Glorious Leader was right to install a coach who better matched their ambition.... whoops!

ChrissyG1875
19-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Why? How on earth could you make a presumption like that this early in the season?

woody47
19-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I really don't give a flying one what FJK would have or wouldn't have done. The team that went out was his team. They are the 3rd force in Scotland and future championship winners and european champions so all they had to do was turn up last night. Didn't they? :devil:

Alfred E Newman
19-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Why? How on earth could you make a presumption like that this early in the season?

Given that we lost 4 goals last week to a side that hadn`t won in 11 games, our prospects are not looking good.

ChrissyG1875
20-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Given that we lost 4 goals last week to a side that hadn`t won in 11 games, our prospects are not looking good.

It was three of our new singnings debuts, two of them just signed, the other just back from injury. Granted I don't know a lot about O'hanlon, but I did feel our defence looked much more solid when he was on against Celtic. You can hardly base a whole season on one match!