PDA

View Full Version : Holidays in October

bingo70
18-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Just had my holiday to Turkey cancelled by the travel company, apparently something to do with people who had holidays through holidays 4 u getting priority for our flights so we've been bumped off, we've been given a full refund so not all bad but trying to get something else booked somewhere other than Turkey as all this seems to have restricted the number of flights going out there.

I've been having a look around and the only place comparable that i can find price wise (really cheap budget) is Portugal but i'm a bit worried that if it looks to good to be true it probably is so i'm a bit concerned that it might not be too hot at that time of year?

I've not got any kids or anything so just looking for a week in the sun, nothing too wild but want it to be relatively lively so anybody got advice of what portugal is like at that time of year or any other recomendations?

(it's the first week in october if that makes any difference)

as always any help much appreciated.

cheers

greenlex
19-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Marrakesh

JimBHibees
19-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Canaries good climate all year round - mid high 20s/ Malta will still be hot in October / Cyprus will still be hot in October

bingo70
19-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Lex, have you been to marrakesh? Just booked up to go there.

Much better deal than anywhere in Europe and hopefully the money will last longer than it would with the euro

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm off to Scotland in October. The warm air from the Gulf Stream ensures pleasant temperatures all year round so I've heard. It's also a damn sight cheaper than here. :-)