PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Easter Road - The truth

green.oracle
18-08-2011, 01:01 PM
After our dismal display against smellic and our equally dismal home support at that game (almost 5,000 Hibees down on opening game last season), I decide to look at the stats.

Since 6/3/10 when we beat Kilmarnock with A deek special free kick, our record in competitive games at Easter Road reads as follows;

P27 W5!!! L14 D8 F28 A44.

Yogi was slated for Hibs not winning at home for 9 months the record is not much better since.

Yogi's record in this period P9 W0 L6 D3 F9 A18
Alistair Stevenson and Gareth Evans P1 W1 L0 D0 F2 A1
Colin Calderwood P17 W4 L8 D6 F17 A25

No wonder our home crowds are dropping in huge numbers.

Other points;

We have failed to score in 9 of these games
We have failed to score more than 2 in any of these games
We have only kept 4 clean sheets
We have conceded 3 or more in 5 of these games
We conceded the most goals last season in a league that included Hamilton Accies, St Mirren and Aberdeen (who lost 9 goals in one game!!)

More importantly, if this type of home form continues, we will be looking serious relegation contenders.

Eddie Turnbull first priority was to work on the defence. His training and knowledge worked wonders with Jim Black and Erich Schaedler.

Our manager and his predecessor were no nonsense centre backs. How on earth can they not organise a defence.

Get the defence sorted as a priority.

:blah::confused::flag:

Cabbage East
18-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I think everyone is well aware that we are, to put it delicately, utterly gash. And have been for over 2 years.

I can remember we used to expect to win every single home game. Depressing stuff.

iwasthere1972
18-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Well at least it can't get any worse. Or can it?

Depressing figures but certainly not a surprise. 1 goal every 90 minutes at home is absolutely shocking. Our next manager should be someone who has played centre forward and scored a barrowload of goals. Ditch employing defenders as managers as it's clearly not working out. I would rather we get beat 5-4 or 4-3 than lose by the odd goal without scoring.

That's all.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2011, 01:48 PM
After our dismal display against smellic and our equally dismal home support at that game (almost 5,000 Hibees down on opening game last season), I decide to look at the stats.

Since 6/3/10 when we beat Kilmarnock with A deek special free kick, our record in competitive games at Easter Road reads as follows;

Yogi was slated for Hibs not winning at home for 9 months the record is not much better since.

Other points;

We conceded the most goals last season in a league that included Hamilton Accies, St Mirren and Aberdeen (who lost 9 goals in one game!!)

More importantly, if this type of home form continues, we will be looking serious relegation contenders.

Eddie Turnbull first priority was to work on the defence. His training and knowledge worked wonders with Jim Black and Erich Schaedler.

Our manager and his predecessor were no nonsense centre backs. How on earth can they not organise a defence.

Pretty damning and abysmal stats there..........

Will it get better??

Craig_in_Prague
18-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I firmly believe all other sides look forward to when Hibs are up next.

That is something that needs changed.

We can't defend and are not a "hard team to beat" like some seemed to think we would become under CC ......And we don't score many goals, so we won't out score teams.

So I am not overly optimistic about us being a comfertable top 6 side, or a side that'll be strong at home and ER a place teams don't fancy coming....nor a side that will do much damage on the road.

Maybe it really can't get worse though, so far that there's some hope.......

Keith_M
18-08-2011, 02:21 PM
There's a good reason for this. It's failure by the fans to invest in season tickets that means the manager hasn't got enough money to spend on players.

Even although we've been served such dire fare for our circa 380 quid per season for the last two seasons, we should all just cough up and trust that it's going to be better this time. Basically, it's out own fault for not buying 15,000 STs between us every year.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I firmly believe all other sides look forward to when Hibs are up next.

That is something that needs changed.

We can't defend and are not a "hard team to beat" like some seemed to think we would become under CC ......And we don't score many goals, so we won't out score teams.

So I am not overly optimistic about us being a comfertable top 6 side, or a side that'll be strong at home and ER a place teams don't fancy coming....nor a side that will do much damage on the road.

Maybe it really can't get worse though, so far that there's some hope.......

:agree:

A team not scored a goal in three months...play Hibs
A team not won at home in nine matches...play Hibs
A player hasn't scored a goal in four months...play Hibs
A manager hasn't won a game in eight months...play Hibs

We are the soft touch of Scottish football and we must be everyone's favourite opposition.

RIP
18-08-2011, 02:40 PM
These statistics remind us why none of us go to ER anymore with confidence

Well done to the OP for posting even if it makes my eyes bleed to read them

However we cannot compare the first game in the New East Stand last season with the first game of any other season. People turned up that day that might never have been to a game since. Some Hibbies cherrypick their matches but everybody wanted to be there for the first game with the completed stadium

Home crowds are down no doubt. Just not down by 5,000

Craig_in_Prague
18-08-2011, 02:47 PM

We are the soft touch of Scottish football and we must be everyone's favourite opposition.

I have some friends covering various teams, and I'm afraid, it is like this......

Wasn't the case 2-3+ years ago right enough...... but a lot of work and improvements required before opposition will somewhat worry about us and also to generate that excitement within the fans, ....when you're in ER and there's a bit of a buzz and anticipation...... nothing there anymore.......

I know we have no given right to beat any side at ER, but genuinely used to feel confident we'd do well against anyone....and even hope/expect the odd hammering to some sides (which we delivered time to time)...... now I am not even surprised when we lose to anyone, sad!

hibbymac
18-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Pretty damning and abysmal stats there..........

Will it get better??

Only if the fans start paying up, .......... it's their fault you know, :rolleyes: :wink:

Cabbage East
18-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah, forgot it was the fans fault :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
18-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Other points;

Can I ask you to confirm your stats, please?

I just did a check and I make it that we have the following home record since 6/3/10;

P-26
W-5
D-8
L-13
F-26
A-41

In that run we've had the following results;

Ross County:2-2

W-0
D-1
L-0
F-2
A-2

Dundee Utd:2-4

W-0
D-1
L-1
F-4
A-6

Celtic:0-1

W-0
D-1
L-2
F-4
A-7

Rangers:0-1

W-0
D-1
L-3
F-4
A-8

Hearts:1-2

W-0
D-1
L-4
F-5
A-10

Rangers:0-3

W-0
D-1
L-5
F-5
A-13

Inverness:1-1

W-0
D-2
L-5
F-6
A-14

Hamilton:1-1

W-0
D-3
L-5
F-7
A-15

Kilmarnock:2-1

W-1
D-3
L-5
F-9
A-16

Hearts:0-2

W-1
D-3
L-6
F-9
A-18

Motherwell:2-1

W-2
D-3
L-6
F-11
A-19

St Johnstone:0-0

W-2
D-4
L-6
F-11
A-19

Aberdeen:1-2

W-2
D-4
L-7
F-12
A-21

Dundee Utd:2-2

W-2
D-5
L-7
F-14
A-23

Ayr:0-0

W-2
D-6
L-7
F-14
A-23

Celtic:0-3

W-2
D-6
L-8
F-14
A-26

Rangers:0-2

W-2
D-6
L-9
F-14
A-28

St Mirren:2-0

W-3
D-6
L-9
F-16
A-28

W-4
D-6
L-9
F-18
A-29

Inverness:2-0

W-5
D-6
L-9
F-20
A-29

Hearts:2-2

W-5
D-7
L-9
F-22
A-31

Hamilton:1-2

W-5
D-7
L-10
F-23
A-33

St Mirren:1-1

W-5
D-8
L-10
F-24
A-34

St Johnstone:1-2

W-5
D-8
L-11
F-25
A-36

Aberdeen:1-3

W-5
D-8
L-12
F-26
A-39

Celtic:0-2

W-5
D-8
L-13
F-26
A-41

In terms of your manager stats, it would seem that John Hughes picked up a 3-2 defeat that I have apparently missed out. :dunno:

I like finding out stats like this and I would hate to think I've got it wrong! :wink:

HibbyAndy
18-08-2011, 03:21 PM

That im afraid is absolutely spot on.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2011, 03:29 PM

OUCH! P*** POOR! Interestingly, points would be:

Yogi 3 points - or 0.33 per game
CC 18 points - or 1.06 per game

CC is 3 times better than Yogi .. Aren't stats wonderful :wink: :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 03:32 PM
OUCH! P*** POOR! Interestingly, points would be:

Yogi 3 points - or 0.33 per game
CC 18 points - or 1.06 per game

CC is 3 times better than Yogi .. Aren't stats wonderful :wink: :greengrin

Thats it settled then. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
18-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Everybody know this from the board down as do we the fans. Absolutely nae point whinging about it we just need to get tore in and stop wringing our hands and wailing.

Starting this Saturday we should go out both fans and players and make life hell for St Mirren. Forget about silky soccer, somebody kick Goodwin up in the air early in the match and don't let St Mirren players settle.

Stand up for ourselves because sure as hell nobody in other teams or the media is going to do it for us. Over to you Colin!

Part/Time Supporter
18-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Everybody know this from the board down as do we the fans. Absolutely nae point whinging about it we just need to get tore in and stop wringing our hands and wailing.

Starting this Saturday we should go out both fans and players and make life hell for St Mirren. Forget about silky soccer, somebody kick Goodwin up in the air early in the match and don't let St Mirren players settle.

Stand up for ourselves because sure as hell nobody in other teams or the media is going to do it for us. Over to you Colin!

Spot on, the only way to fix it is to front up. In fairness they did a good job of that in February when everyone and their dog was predicting disaster, now they need to do it again and sustain it for a longer period.

Stevie Reid
18-08-2011, 04:08 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14578732.stm

The time for talking is most definitely over - you can never guarantee a result due to the nature of football, but if Hibs don't come out and at least put in a performance on Saturday, one where they show desire and fight from the first whistle to the last, then I truly fear for us under CC.

He needs to get the message across now.

sesoim
18-08-2011, 04:13 PM
There's a good reason for this. It's failure by the fans to invest in season tickets that means the manager hasn't got enough money to spend on players.

Even although we've been served such dire fare for our circa 380 quid per season for the last two seasons, we should all just cough up and trust that it's going to be better this time. Basically, it's out own fault for not buying 15,000 STs between us every year.

How come smaller teams with much smaller budgets than us are managing to outplay and beat us regularly? How come other teams can sign good players on £1k a week and we pay £4k a week for dross? If we had a decent manager who knew how to organize a team and spot bargains we'd be back in the top four or five this season, and the crowds would be higher again. But we don't, and I blame Petrie for that.

AL-Qaholik
18-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote from that BBC page;

"What we're looking for is to be inconsistent - to do that we need to win," he said.

Is this a misprint or has CC totally lost the plot?? Anyone know if that's what he actually said...? :confused:

down the slope
18-08-2011, 04:26 PM
The whole interview could have come from Hughes/ Mixu , surely not another one ?.

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 04:46 PM
How come smaller teams with much smaller budgets than us are managing to outplay and beat us regularly? How come other teams can sign good players on £1k a week and we pay £4k a week for dross? If we had a decent manager who knew how to organize a team and spot bargains we'd be back in the top four or five this season, and the crowds would be higher again. But we don't, and I blame Petrie for that.

We've played 3 league games and are 2 weeks from the end of the window. How do you know we wont end up there this early in the season? Lets see how things go.

Jim44
18-08-2011, 05:09 PM
For Fortress Easter Road read Wendy House Easter Road.

smurf
18-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Our problem that I've felt and expressed for some considerable time is the mentality at the club. The mindset of the players is of playing for a St Mirren, Kilmarnock or St Johnstone.

Further proof is David Wotherspoons interview in todays EEN. There is a small club at the bottom of the SPL mentality. Us supporters have expectations in the main IMHO fairly reasonable. It appears regardless to what players we have its not expectations shared by them that do it or more times than not don't do it on the park.

Pressure generates results. The players at ER don't feel it enough cocooned in their all too comfortable East Mains retreat.

Keith_M
18-08-2011, 06:04 PM
How come smaller teams with much smaller budgets than us are managing to outplay and beat us regularly?

Hibrandenburg
18-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Are they biting yet?

Keith_M
18-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Are they biting yet?

Just one so far :greengrin

I've decided to do my bit and buy a season Ticket... for 1860 München :wink:

3pm
18-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Can I ask you to confirm your stats, please?

I just did a check and I make it that we have the following home record since 6/3/10;

P-26
W-5
D-8
L-13
F-26
A-41

In that run we've had the following results;

Ross County:2-2

W-0
D-1
L-0
F-2
A-2

Dundee Utd:2-4

W-0
D-1
L-1
F-4
A-6

Celtic:0-1

W-0
D-1
L-2
F-4
A-7

Rangers:0-1

W-0
D-1
L-3
F-4
A-8

Hearts:1-2

W-0
D-1
L-4
F-5
A-10

Rangers:0-3

W-0
D-1
L-5
F-5
A-13

Inverness:1-1

W-0
D-2
L-5
F-6
A-14

Hamilton:1-1

W-0
D-3
L-5
F-7
A-15

W-1
D-3
L-5
F-9
A-16

Hearts:0-2

W-1
D-3
L-6
F-9
A-18

Motherwell:2-1

W-2
D-3
L-6
F-11
A-19

St Johnstone:0-0

W-2
D-4
L-6
F-11
A-19

Aberdeen:1-2

W-2
D-4
L-7
F-12
A-21

Dundee Utd:2-2

W-2
D-5
L-7
F-14
A-23

Ayr:0-0

W-2
D-6
L-7
F-14
A-23

Celtic:0-3

W-2
D-6
L-8
F-14
A-26

Rangers:0-2

W-2
D-6
L-9
F-14
A-28

St Mirren:2-0

W-3
D-6
L-9
F-16
A-28

W-4
D-6
L-9
F-18
A-29

Inverness:2-0

W-5
D-6
L-9
F-20
A-29

Hearts:2-2

W-5
D-7
L-9
F-22
A-31

Hamilton:1-2

W-5
D-7
L-10
F-23
A-33

St Mirren:1-1

W-5
D-8
L-10
F-24
A-34

St Johnstone:1-2

W-5
D-8
L-11
F-25
A-36

Aberdeen:1-3

W-5
D-8
L-12
F-26
A-39

Celtic:0-2

W-5
D-8
L-13
F-26
A-41

In terms of your manager stats, it would seem that John Hughes picked up a 3-2 defeat that I have apparently missed out. :dunno:

I like finding out stats like this and I would hate to think I've got it wrong! :wink:

I haven't checked but would that be Hibs 2, Maribor 3?

Gala Foxes
18-08-2011, 06:41 PM
according to David Wotherspoon in tonights News there is no crisis at Easter Road, after all the 4-1 defeat at Killie was only our 3rd league game of the season. And clearly its easy to conveniently forget how dire we were in the last 2 months of last season.

In fact he goes as far to say he could'nt understand all the fuss on the radio phone in's after the game

Thats okay then - I am sure we can all easily forget Killie 4 Hibs 1

RickyS
18-08-2011, 08:15 PM
according to David Wotherspoon in tonights News there is no crisis at Easter Road, after all the 4-1 defeat at Killie was only our 3rd league game of the season. And clearly its easy to conveniently forget how dire we were in the last 2 months of last season.

In fact he goes as far to say he could'nt understand all the fuss on the radio phone in's after the game

Thats okay then - I am sure we can all easily forget Killie 4 Hibs 1

good to see that he can confirm they fact he disnae give a dam cos thats certainly how he has been playing the last 18 months.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I haven't checked but would that be Hibs 2, Maribor 3?

:aok: You're right.

The official site somehow missed out that match.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2011, 08:52 PM
The problem is the lack of goals post Stokes' sale. Only Deeks was scoring - and not routinely either. Our other options were p*** poor - Nish, Duffy, Trakys!

This season Sodje's injured, Agogo isn't fully fit, Airey's just in the door .. In the short term, we effectively have GOC. That said, I'd rather have the latter crop over Nish, Duffy and Trakys .. They just need time (hopefully).

scuttle
18-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Why is it always the fans fault ,not going gives the manager less to spend crap. The fault is the board would not back John Collins in the transfer marke t and after he left we have had a succesion of clueless managers who didnt seem to know how to change a game. They have brought in very mediocre players and until we get a manager that actulaly knows what he is doing tactically we will struggle. One up front in home games is unacceptable unless you can play like Arsenal for example and have the players with pace to play that system and exploit weaker opposition

Hibercelona
18-08-2011, 09:24 PM
We're in a tough mans league, yet none of our own men are tough.

It's pretty much always been that way.

The problems are so obvious, yet we continue to do nothing about it.

To the poster than said it was the fault of the fans.... away and bile yer heed! :bye:

Its down to the club management and the boards failure to seek out a suitable manager to manage us in this league. Other clubs manage to do so, so why can't we?

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2011, 09:55 PM
We have a policy at the moment approved of by the board and implemented by the manager of bringing players to the club who have to a large degree been failures at their last club or clubs.

Stephens
Stack
Thornhill
O'Connor
Sproule
Sodje
Agogo
Palson
etc etc

There is nothing wrong with this policy if there is a prospect of getting this type of player to realise that if they dont get it right at Hibs the next step is probably football oblivion.

So far the jury is out, but you would think that the realisation of that prospect would galvanise the lot we have now to better than a 4 - 1 drubbing at Killie.