PDA

View Full Version : NHC Massive boost for Scotland qualifier

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Cech out of qualifier on September 3rd. Personally think this is massive given that he is certainly their best player and the other goalies have next to no international experience though no doubt capable in their own right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14573557.stm

Woody1985
18-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Won't make any odds if we play 4-6-0.:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
18-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Their other 'keeper Drobny is very good aswell so I don't see it making a huge difference.

hibeeleicester
18-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Jakub Diviš? :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Their other 'keeper Drobny is very good aswell so I don't see it making a huge difference.

I would disagree not saying the guy isnt a good keeper however Cech has massive expereince in this type of game and to me this is a huge loss to a team that appears to be struggling at the moment. Whether Scotland are good enough to take advantage is another thing.

R'Albin
18-08-2011, 03:53 PM
From when I've seen him Drobny looks a better keeper than Cech IMO...

Part/Time Supporter
18-08-2011, 03:57 PM
From when I've seen him Drobny looks a better keeper than Cech IMO...

Right, so a keeper who can't get a regular game for Hamburg is better than the Chelsea #1 who has over 80 caps...

R'Albin
18-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Right, so a keeper who can't get a regular game for Hamburg is better than the Chelsea #1 who has over 80 caps...

When I've seen him he has looked better, ever since that horrific head injury he(understandibly) hasn't been that great..

Ozyhibby
18-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Cech must have played about 300 games since that injury. Do you think Chelsea are keeping him for sentimental reasons?:confused:

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Cech must have played about 300 games since that injury. Do you think Chelsea are keeping him for sentimental reasons?:confused:

Obviously Czech Republic also. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
18-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Obviously Czech Republic also. :rolleyes:

Yeah but Chelsea could easily get a better keeper than Cech, don't get me wrong you have to be quality to be playing in the premier league at all but I think there is much better keepers out there Chelsea could be buying.

I have to admit I haven't seen much of Drobny so my first statement probably wasn't fair, but he has definately looked good when I have seen him.

Big_Franck
18-08-2011, 06:48 PM
When I've seen him he has looked better, ever since that horrific head injury he(understandibly) hasn't been that great..

I agree with R'Albin. Cech isn't half the goalkeeper he was before that injury. He was the best goalkeeper in the world, and although he is still a good keeper he's nowhere near the level he used to be at. He used to be virtually unbeatable.

lyonhibs
18-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Especially away from home, the Czech's could play a scarecrow in goals and it would make no difference with that turnip Levein in charge.

I don't see it making any difference whatsoever, even at Hampden