PDA

View Full Version : Clutching at straws

Exiled Hibby
18-08-2011, 12:49 PM
When we signed the new boys in the January window they, or some of them, made their debuts on the Sunday away at the Arabs - we got a pumping.

We signed 3 new players last week. Debuts on Sunday, away, this time to Killie. We got a pumping.

After Arabs defeat we went on winning run starting against St Midden at Easter Road.

A good omen or sheer desperation?:confused:

At The Edge
18-08-2011, 12:55 PM
IF and its if we play Ozzy from the start and have 2 up front in GOC and Agogo/Airey, stick Palsson back in midfield, sign a new RB before Sat then yep its looking good :wink:

need to ditch this 4-5-1 nonsense at ER as well

other than that i'm pretty optimistic about the rest of the season, :cgwa

i think i may be clutching the same straws as you :greengrin

Duffys13
18-08-2011, 01:11 PM
For me the St Mirren match is hugely important. If we were to lose thise one, I hate to think where we go from here. Could be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of people I reckon.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2011, 01:12 PM
IF and its if we play Ozzy from the start and have 2 up front in GOC and Agogo/Airey, stick Palsson back in midfield, sign a new RB before Sat then yep its looking good :wink:

Iagree:agree:. Im going to stick my neck out here and say Agogo will get us 15 goals this season. I liked the look of him when he came on. Ozzy done what was needed and played the simple ball and I think despite the hiccup at Killie we will do ok. Definitely ditch 451 and play a 442 especially at ER. Maybe not 3rd place but in the top 6. Motherwell appear to be the early runners for 3rd. I think they are the team to watch this season

R'Albin
18-08-2011, 04:00 PM
For me the St Mirren match is hugely important. If we were to lose thise one, I hate to think where we go from here. Could be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of people I reckon.

:agree: Although I hoping the same might happen after the ICT game, I was buzzing after that game!

It was last season at home to St Mirren where we sparked our mini revival so whilst we are straw clutching lets hope that happens again.

sesoim
18-08-2011, 04:07 PM

If we put Wotherspoon into his best position, ie RB, and sign an experienced CB, I'd be more confident. I'd rather have O'Hanlon and another experienced CB beside him as the first choice pairing until Hanlon and Stephens have learned to cut all the mistakes out.

HibsMax
18-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't think you are clutching at straws. I think you're not clutching at bricks.

Still early doors yet, it's too soon for me to get worried about the rest of the season.

spike220
19-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Iagree:agree:. Im going to stick my neck out here and say Agogo will get us 15 goals this season. I liked the look of him when he came on. Ozzy done what was needed and played the simple ball and I think despite the hiccup at Killie we will do ok. Definitely ditch 451 and play a 442 especially at ER. Maybe not 3rd place but in the top 6. Motherwell appear to be the early runners for 3rd. I think they are the team to watch this season

4-4-2 does not mean we will score more goals, I think a lot of the best passing teams are using the 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-2 formation which can be very good in atack and a very veristile.

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2011, 06:22 AM
4-4-2 does not mean we will score more goals, I think a lot of the best passing teams are using the 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-2 formation which can be very good in atack and a very veristile.

GGTTH

No wonder it's good in attack when they have an extra man :na na:

Albion Hibs
19-08-2011, 07:39 AM
I think the likes of Osbourne will start on Saturday, out of the three that came on he did the best, and he is a decent replacement on the face of it for Stevenson. Part of me would be inclinded to move stevenson to the left in place of Wotherspoon to give Booth a bit more cover and stop another Killie experience. Whether or not we go throwing them all in again I dont know, it certainly did not work on Sunday, and I would be inclined to think they are still miles off the pace in fitness terms.

On that note any idea when Sodje is coming back?

For what it is worth I dont see us changing the formation just perhaps getting it to work a little better! So 4-5-1 again for me. As for not playing it at home I dont agree with that, Barca play a 4-5-1 as do Man U, Arsenal etc.

Kaiser1962
19-08-2011, 07:41 AM
No wonder it's good in attack when they have an extra man :na na:

Would that help us do you think? :greengrin

RIP
19-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I think if we start with Thornhill, Stevenson or Wotherspoon we will have already lost.

Playing the invisible man, giving the ball away and conceding silly fouls was the total of their contribution last wee.

Kille had 11 players - we only had 8 - nae wonder we got gubbed. That three offered our 2-man defence zero protection