PDA

View Full Version : Question Hearts and Real Madrid - is there no end to the similarities?

lapsedhibee
18-08-2011, 07:59 AM
(1) Roughly equivalent worldwide fan base.
(2) Overspend massively on mediocre "Spanish Waiter" type players (eg Suso, Ronaldo).
(3) Portuguese coach.
but this is the clincher for me:
(4) While a younger man Mourinho will have watched all the big European teams in action, hoping to learn lessons from the very best of them. Cynics may say that his actions last night mimicked Sally McMoist when a player, but they were far too brazen to stand that comparison. It's clear to me that he took his lead from Fat Robbo when he coached the big team. Do we know for sure whether Jose had Robbo booting the opposition manager stored as a YouToob favourite? :dunno:

heretoday
18-08-2011, 11:14 AM
(1) Roughly equivalent worldwide fan base.
(2) Overspend massively on mediocre "Spanish Waiter" type players (eg Suso, Ronaldo).
(3) Portuguese coach.
but this is the clincher for me:
(4) While a younger man Mourinho will have watched all the big European teams in action, hoping to learn lessons from the very best of them. Cynics may say that his actions last night mimicked Sally McMoist when a player, but they were far too brazen to stand that comparison. It's clear to me that he took his lead from Fat Robbo when he coached the big team. Do we know for sure whether Jose had Robbo booting the opposition manager stored as a YouToob favourite? :dunno:

(5) Bad record at Easter Road.

Mibbes Aye
18-08-2011, 11:28 AM
(6) I believe both clubs are associated with a far-right element amongst their support :agree:

I also understand from the history books that Real led the first Spanish league until the last day of the season, when they lost the last match. If there was any conclusive evidence of the Yams doing the same then I think we have

(7) bottle merchants

Mibbes Aye
18-08-2011, 11:35 AM
A fond, non-partisan football memory from my childhood is Fergie leading his Dons to victory in the 1983 European Cup-Winners' Cup

(8) They're both outshone by Aberdeen

Pretty Boy
18-08-2011, 11:40 AM
(9) They both play in stadiums that are inferior to their biggest rivals, but would never admit this is the case.

(10) Neither own their own training ground, Hearts rent from a Univerity, the Governement had to buy Real Madrids to help control their debts.