PDA

View Full Version : Yams C'mon the Yids.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Get stuck in tonight, FTH.

hibsfan7
18-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Hearts are jew a hammering

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

MagicSwirlingShip
18-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Is the game on tv tonight?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Itv4

frazeHFC
18-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeed Armay!Mon the Spurs :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Hearts are jew a hammering

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

I think most Spurs fans would agree that it's no skin of their noses whether they win, lose or draw tonight as the Premiership would be their priority.

Gus
18-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I am a Spurs fan & I want to see them do aswell as possbile in all competitions, but they need to make a couple of very good signings IMHO.

As for tonight, I think they MIGHT find it hard to breakdown Hearts at Tynie, no question at the lane they will win but tonight I would take a score draw

Hibs90
18-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I think they will win, but not quite by the margin some are predicting. They won't put out their first XI by any means and it will quite possibly be a reserve side with some players scattered in from the first team. I think Hearts will score aswell, only one though. How many Spurs score is a different matter :greengrin

Steve-O
18-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I think most Spurs fans would agree that it's no skin of their noses whether they win, lose or draw tonight as the Premiership would be their priority.

Aye they wouldn't bother at all if they were punted out of a Europe by a Scottish team...:rolleyes:

THFC6061
18-08-2011, 09:15 AM
It should be a cracker tonight!

Spurs haven't played a competitive match so far this season, while Hearts already have six under their belt.

We don't have any fit central midfielders either - Modric, Sandro, Huddlestone, Jenas and Palacios are all out injured.

And Ledley King and William Gallas won't make the game either.

Most of our kids are either out on loan or played in Switzerland last night in the NextGen Series (http://www.myfootballfacts.com/UEFA_NextGen_Series_2011-12.html).

Our next first team game is on Monday night at Manchester United, so we should field a fairly strong team tonight against Hearts, injuries excepted.

The early stages of the Europa League can be a bit of an imposition, but things get interesting as the finishing line comes into site.

There are now only two major competitions open to European clubs and the Europa League is one of them, so the right balance has to be struck when selecting players for the tournament.

If Harry can manage to do that, I think Spurs are in with a decent shout of landing our fourth major European trophy.

For what it's worth, here's how I would imagine Harry will line-up Spurs tonight...

Gomes

Walker - Kaboul - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto

Livermore - Kranjcar

Lennon - Van der Vaart - Bale

Pavlyuchenko

Subs: Friedel, Corluka, Bassong, Pienaar, Bentley, Crouch, Defoe

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Aye they wouldn't bother at all if they were punted out of a Europe by a Scottish team...:rolleyes:

Gotcha! Whooooshhhh....(read again!)

Craig_in_Prague
18-08-2011, 09:29 AM
It should be a cracker tonight!

Spurs haven't played a competitive match so far this season, while Hearts already have six under their belt.

We don't have any fit central midfielders either - Modric, Sandro, Huddlestone, Jenas and Palacios are all out injured.

And Ledley King and William Gallas won't make the game either.

Most of our kids are either out on loan or played in Switzerland last night in the NextGen Series (http://www.myfootballfacts.com/UEFA_NextGen_Series_2011-12.html).

Our next first team game is on Monday night at Manchester United, so we should field a fairly strong team tonight against Hearts, injuries excepted.

The early stages of the Europa League can be a bit of an imposition, but things get interesting as the finishing line comes into site.

There are now only two major competitions open to European clubs and the Europa League is one of them, so the right balance has to be struck when selecting players for the tournament.

If Harry can manage to do that, I think Spurs are in with a decent shout of landing our fourth major European trophy.

For what it's worth, here's how I would imagine Harry will line-up Spurs tonight...

Gomes

Walker - Kaboul - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto

Livermore - Kranjcar

Lennon - Van der Vaart - Bale

Pavlyuchenko

Subs: Friedel, Corluka, Bassong, Pienaar, Bentley, Crouch, Defoe

:aok:

Spurs have been a breath of fresh air over the last couple of years, have been a pure joy to watch at times, whilst I've always liked 'Arry!
For these reasons and nothing else, I hope you put about 10 goals past Hearts over the 2 games, but I foresee it being quite tight.....As British team ties tend to be.

All the best for the season.

hibeedonald
18-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Think this will be similar to Aberdeen v Bayern Munich. A close game first leg, but a big win for spurs at the lane.

Hillsidehibby
18-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Gotcha! Whooooshhhh....(read again!)

You sure its skin off their noses?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Whilst im no fan of Spurs, i hope they truly pump those unwashed tonight.

Also hoping for a few injuries to the unwashed too. Nasty ones!!

Hank Schrader
18-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Deary me. Don't they do irony or sarcasm in NZ?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-08-2011, 09:41 AM
You sure its skin off their noses?

:tee hee:

:wink:

Steve-O
18-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Deary me. Don't they do irony or sarcasm in NZ?

Gies a break, it's late here ye ken!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2011, 09:59 AM
As a follower of both Hibs and West Ham I'm struggling with this one!On the other hand maybe not, Get into these Jambo barstewards!

THFC6061
18-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Joe Jordan tonight makes a return to the club where he experienced a ‘learning curve’ in his early managerial career.

It was between 1990 and 1993 that our First Team Coach managed tonight’s Europa League opponents Hearts.

He took over at the Edinburgh club just two years after first entering into management with Bristol City, and admits leading a Scottish Premier League club was a ‘big step’ at the time.

Joe took Hearts to second place behind Rangers in the league and two Scottish Cup semi-finals during his time at Tynecastle before his reign ended in 1993.

His coaching career went on to take him to Celtic, the Northern Ireland national team and a number of other English clubs before arriving at the Lane in 2008.

But Joe insists his time at Hearts still stands out.

He said: “It was a long time ago. I went up there with a young family and it was a big step for me. It was a very knowledgeable period for me.

“It doesn’t matter where you’ve been, you have to have eyes and ears open to take it all in and learn. I did.

“I was very fortunate I had good people around me, like Frank Conner who knew about the levels of football in which I wasn’t as knowledgeable as I would have liked.

“I had a chief scout in John Calderwood who, other than brought in players necessary for first-team level, also had a major part in getting the young boys into Hearts, which was a necessity.

“It was a learning curve for me up there, not just with Scottish football, but with management and coaching.”

And who better to comment on the intensity of an Anglo-Scottish clash in Europe – something we will be facing tonight for the first time since 1973, when we took on Aberdeen in the UEFA Cup.

Joe added: “If you go across the border you know you are going to get a game that is intense and vocal, and that’s just the crowd. Then you have to play the opposition.

“In recent seasons it hasn’t happened as often but it’s always a good fixture because it gives it more than playing in a different country. With the supporters it creates an atmosphere. I expect that atmosphere created by both sets of supporters.

“When we get to Tynecastle, it will be a sell-out, very compact, but the manager here knows the Scottish crowd and what it means. There are players in both camps who are not Scottish or English but when the supporters remember, it will certainly add to the intensity of the game.”

SquashedFrogg
18-08-2011, 05:55 PM
What about Scotland's coefficient though??

Come on you Spurs!! :flag::flag::flag:

scott7_0(Prague)
19-08-2011, 05:14 AM
Get stuck in tonight, FTH.
I am glad I inspired that 5start performance!

THFC6061
19-08-2011, 05:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/7122.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/7121.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/7123.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/7124.jpg

Candy from kids!

:wink: