PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barcca v Real Tonight

bathhibby
17-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Is this not the caraziest KO ever ?
10pm our time 11pm local
This means the game finishes just before. 1 OClock in the morning
Is it me or is this mental - what's wrong with a normal 8pm ?
I've been to an evening game at the Nou Camp and the Metro is at best ropey - Christ knows whats running at 1 in the morning

nonshinyfinish
17-08-2011, 07:07 PM
10 pm Sunday night kick-offs are common fare in La Liga - part of the reason that there are no away fans to speak of.

Bohemian_Hibee
17-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Is this not the caraziest KO ever ?
10pm our time 11pm local
This means the game finishes just before. 1 OClock in the morning
Is it me or is this mental - what's wrong with a normal 8pm ?
I've been to an evening game at the Nou Camp and the Metro is at best ropey - Christ knows whats running at 1 in the morning

I'm guessing it's something to do with not being allowed clash with Champions League games?

Billy Whizz
17-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm guessing it's something to do with not being allowed clash with Champions League games?

Good point, but it's also a lot cooler at this time in Spain during August.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm maybe talking complete nonsense but I'm fairly certain that, although they don't always kick off as late as 11pm local time, a lot of La Liga matches (and games in Portugal, too) usually kick off at 10pm local time.

I'm prepared to be corrected if that's garbage.

lapsedhibee
17-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Can't read espanish, but looks like it might be on live here (http://www.rtve.es/deportes/futbol/supercopa/directo/) again, as the first leg was.

frazeHFC
17-08-2011, 08:21 PM
I like it on late on Sundays as you can watch the English games first, and there is nothing else good on a Sunday night.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 09:16 PM
1-0 Barcelona, Iniesta.

Shocking defending.

3-2 Barcelona on aggregate.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 09:21 PM
1-1, Ronaldo

3-3 on aggregate.

Houchy
17-08-2011, 09:31 PM
1-1, Ronaldo

3-3 on aggregate.

Easy money on betfair 4/6 both teams to score:agree:

franck sauzee
17-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Couple of good saves by Valdes from Ronaldo and Ozil

bathhibby
17-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Fair points but my point is imagine if we had to watch a game @ ER that finished at 0100
Mental
I'm thinking far east telly and if so they think less of their fans than the SPL

nonshinyfinish
17-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Fair points but my point is imagine if we had to watch a game @ ER that finished at 0100
Mental
I'm thinking far east telly and if so they think less of their fans than the SPL

I'd be very surprised if that was the reason. You have to remember that Spanish life is timetabled rather differently than ours - it's fairly common to have your tea at 9 or 10 or 11.

As I said above, the 10 o'clock games contribute to the lack of significant away supports in La Liga...but as far as I know they're not unhappy with the current situation. :dunno:

franck sauzee
17-08-2011, 09:45 PM
2-1 messi

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 09:45 PM
2-1 Barcelona, Messi.

Right on half time.

4-3 Barcelona on aggregate.

That's half time, 2-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

Been a really good game so far. Real Madrid can feel really hard done by as they've probably shaded it.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Breathtaking stuff with the ball fizzing about the park at a hundred miles an hour and yet almost always under control

YehButNoBut
17-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Superb finishes in this game by Iniesta & Messi 2 of the best footballers ever.

Regarding the KO time I think it was in 2003 that Barca played Sevilla and kicked off at 5 past midnight due to a dispute, see article below. Can't imagine turning up at ER at midnight for a game. :greengrin

Barcelona has set the kick-off time for next week's league game against Sevilla at five minutes past midnight, the club said Saturday in a statement posted on its Web site. Barcelona said it chose the earliest time possible for the home match on Wednesday after Sevilla refused the Catalan club's request to bring the second-round match forward 24 hours. This would have permitted Barcelona to field six players who are due to leave on international duty the following day.

Skanko79
17-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Superb finishes in this game by Iniesta & Messi 2 of the best footballers ever.

Regarding the KO time I think it was in 2003 that Barca played Sevilla and kicked off at 5 past midnight due to a dispute, see article below. Can't imagine turning up at ER at midnight for a game. :greengrin

Barcelona has set the kick-off time for next week's league game against Sevilla at five minutes past midnight, the club said Saturday in a statement posted on its Web site. Barcelona said it chose the earliest time possible for the home match on Wednesday after Sevilla refused the Catalan club's request to bring the second-round match forward 24 hours. This would have permitted Barcelona to field six players who are due to leave on international duty the following day.

was it not a few years back in spain when a game was abandoned with about 15 minutes to go and they replayed the 15 minutes at a later date and im pretty sure that was at stupid oclock too. sure it was la liga.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 10:40 PM
2-2, Benzema.

Less than 10 minutes left.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 10:46 PM
3-2 Barcelona, Messi.

Unbelievable.

3 minutes left.

YehButNoBut
17-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Another cracker from Messi, unsaveable volley, 3-2 Barca

thebakerboy
17-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Fantastic goal but was looking forward to another half hour of this fabulous football.

Biggie
17-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Good to see Barca winning this..Real are too busy putting it about....up yeah Jose

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Marcelo given straight red card right at the end.

Disgraceful challenge.

Mass brawl breaking out now.

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Marcelo the animal aff!

Lionel Messi is God's gift to the beautiful game! :agree:

lucky
17-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Marcelo sent off and a bit of hand bags from the other players

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Ozil off too?

YehButNoBut
17-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Looks like 1 or 2 others may have been sent off as well but not very clear, shocking example by these 2 teams.

Was a shocking tackle on Febregas however.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 10:56 PM
According to the Madrid website, David Villa and Mesut Ozil were also sent off.

Full time, 3-2 Barcelona.

5-4 Barcelona on aggregate.

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 10:57 PM
The Special Erse inntentionally sticks his finger into a Barca's coaches eye. Little tosser :agree:

YehButNoBut
17-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Finished 3-2 Barca after 98 minutes.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 10:59 PM
The Special Erse inntentionally sticks his finger into a Barca's coaches eye. Little tosser :agree:

Think it was his ear, rather than his eye, but it was still out of order.

He knew what he was doing.

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Great stuff .. Some sensational football, and some poor antics.

nonshinyfinish
Think it was his ear, rather than his eye, but it was still out of order.

He knew what he was doing.

Was it a wet willy?

Jonnyboy

The Neil Lennon of Spanish football :agree:

Marcello should have walked earlier for his intentional studs into Messi

Biggie
what a bellend Mourinho is...jesus he's Manager of Real Madrid..try behaving like it.....twat

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 11:01 PM
The Neil Lennon of Spanish football :agree:

Marcello should have walked earlier for his intentional studs into Messi

Correct x 2 JC!

Wilson
17-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Was it a wet willy?No. I'm certain it was a finger.

CB_NO3
17-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Well one Cesc Fabregas. 8 years at Arsenal = 1 trophy, 15 mins at Barcelona = 1 trophy.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Mourinho is a ****ing erse.

The way he sends out his teams against Barcelona is a disgrace. That tackle by Marcelo last night was a shocker. When he first went to Madrid he tried to set out his teams to niggle Barcelona, sly wee kicks, nipping, nudges and general winding up, that didnt work as in his first game they got absolutely pumped. Since then it has descended into sheer thuggery and he's always at the centre of it with something to say or to encourage it. I'm not saying Barca are blameless, they make the most of everything butt in the last few games look at the number of red cards for Madrid compared to Barca, thats not coincidence. Flicking someones ear and then running away is absolutely pathetic and the act of a cowardly bully.

I've never got the deal with Mourinho, a successful manager no doubt and his record is superb. However he's a classless fud, i've never heard him give another team any credit when they have beaten his teams. Another season of playing second fiddle to Barca in the league and in Europe should see him out a job soon enough.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2011, 09:20 AM

The way he sends out his teams against Barcelona is a disgrace. That tackle by Marcelo last night was a shocker. When he first went to Madrid he tried to set out his teams to niggle Barcelona, sly wee kicks, nipping, nudges and general winding up, that didnt work as in his first game they got absolutely pumped. Since then it has descended into sheer thuggery and he's always at the centre of it with something to say or to encourage it. I'm not saying Barca are blameless, they make the most of everything butt in the last few games look at the number of red cards for Madrid compared to Barca, thats not coincidence. Flicking someones ear and then running away is absolutely pathetic and the act of a cowardly bully.

I've never got the deal with Mourinho, a successful manager no doubt and his record is superb. However he's a classless fud, i've never heard him give another team any credit when they have beaten his teams. Another season of playing second fiddle to Barca in the league and in Europe should see him out a job soon enough.

Agree with all the above. But his saving grace is that he knows how to dress.

patlowe
18-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Given what he has achieved over the years, he is clearly a great manager but his behaviour is shameful at times.

If those scenes had taken place in Scotland (at an OF match for example) the media would be up in arms about "Scotland's shame" etc.

Craig_in_Prague
18-08-2011, 09:33 AM
with it starting 11ish here.......missed it all as I fell asleep :rolleyes:

Watched some of Rebus and planned to turn over mid way through 1st half and woke up about 5 mins after the program had ended......

bob12345
18-08-2011, 09:44 AM
That match was sensational. Completely renewed my enthusiasm for professional football this season.

Sylar
18-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Thought both sides played some really nice stuff, but Real Madrid resorted to their ugly tactics as soon they were up against it - It wasn't just Marcello: I thought Pepe and Khedira (sp?) were also lucky to not see red - Marcello shouldn't have been on the park to make that tackle, after stamping at Messi in mid air and Pepe shouldn't have been on the park to set up their second equaliser. It sums up a lot of the ills or Real Madrid actually - when it doesn't go their way, they resort to downright thuggery - not just the 3 players above, but toss in Ramos and Albiol also, who are amongst the worst offenders IMO.

It's a shame that it declined to that again, as it was otherwise a great game, with both teams passing the ball about well, defending brilliantly (I saw a whole new side to both Alves and Mascherano, who were solid) and scoring some really good goals.

I've always wondered why we don't have something equivalent to the Community Shield or Supercup to get the season underway in Scotland, but I guess the last thing the authorities want is a likely additional OF fixture.

McD
18-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Under mourinho madrid have turned into a bunch of dirty thugs, and they're worse than fergie's lot for chasing and haranging refs, marcelo and pepe were looking to maim at times. Disapointing to watch a team with some undoubted talent, but shocking attitude and behaviour

Sir David Gray
18-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Thought both sides played some really nice stuff, but Real Madrid resorted to their ugly tactics as soon they were up against it - It wasn't just Marcello: I thought Pepe and Khedira (sp?) were also lucky to not see red - Marcello shouldn't have been on the park to make that tackle, after stamping at Messi in mid air and Pepe shouldn't have been on the park to set up their second equaliser. It sums up a lot of the ills or Real Madrid actually - when it doesn't go their way, they resort to downright thuggery - not just the 3 players above, but toss in Ramos and Albiol also, who are amongst the worst offenders IMO.

It's a shame that it declined to that again, as it was otherwise a great game, with both teams passing the ball about well, defending brilliantly (I saw a whole new side to both Alves and Mascherano, who were solid) and scoring some really good goals.

I've always wondered why we don't have something equivalent to the Community Shield or Supercup to get the season underway in Scotland, but I guess the last thing the authorities want is a likely additional OF fixture.

:agree: You've got it in one.

In the 13 seasons since the formation of the SPL in 1998/99, on only two occasions would a "Scottish Community Shield" not have been an Old Firm match.

It's the absolute last thing that Strathclyde Police would welcome.

PatHead
18-08-2011, 01:47 PM
:agree: You've got it in one.

In the 13 seasons since the formation of the SPL in 1998/99, on only two occasions would a "Scottish Community Shield" not have been an Old Firm match.

It's the absolute last thing that Strathclyde Police would welcome.

Might be a solution to the 16 team league as the big sticking point was always SKY's need for 4 Old Firm matches to justify their investment. Maybe they could play the Scottish Community Shield in Asia/US and let them have their foreign tour as well during the winter shutdown. Everyone would then be happy.

Strathclyde Police would not have the problem either........