PDA

View Full Version : Yams Shock, horror - Vlad picks the team for Spurs game

sunshine1875
17-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Hearts boss Paulo Sergio jokes that Vladimir Romanov is "lucky" that his squad selection matches his own, after mischievously telling journalists that the club's owner has told him which players to pick for the Europa League qualifier with Tottenham on Thursday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14565819.stm

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Hearts boss Paulo Sergio jokes that Vladimir Romanov is "lucky" that his squad selection matches his own, after mischievously telling journalists that the club's owner has told him which players to pick for the Europa League qualifier with Tottenham on Thursday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14565819.stm

I'll bet they did! :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
17-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Interesting to see the clips on SSN of the Hearts players "training"

Techniques which include McGowan running at players, playing a game of tig and Jamie Hammill using his cat like reflexes to catch a wasp (twice) while the latest incumbent tries to prepare him for coming up against Gareth Bale. :crazy:

Biggie
17-08-2011, 05:32 PM
That's quality...the bemused look on his face when he hears the laughing.....no problem ?!....ya trumpet, if it's no problem, why are you getting paid to manage that bunch ?....lol

jacomo
17-08-2011, 05:36 PM
That's quality...the bemused look on his face when he hears the laughing.....no problem ?!....ya trumpet, if it's no problem, why are you getting paid to manage that bunch ?....lol

Seemed to me he was in on the joke? Also seems like a decent guy.

Hope he's crying on Thursday evening, mind.

The Harp
17-08-2011, 06:28 PM

I was thinking the same - must be going soft in my old age. Hope the guy knows what he's let himself in for by grasping the poison chalice offered him by Mad Vlad. Can't see it ending in anything other than tears - and in the not too distant future either.

hibees4lyf
17-08-2011, 06:53 PM
haha he sounds like a decent guy tbh

Ed De Gramo
17-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Erm....he was winding up the press.

Cause Vlad also said he wouldn't speak at the conference, but would send an open letter to the press.

thefamousfive
17-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Owner that pays millions into the club picking own team shocker. I really do not mean to cause offence to the emotionally sensitive (very important when it comes to forums: its just an opinion), but if you live in any European country, in particular Italy, it is very much the status quo for the person that invests in the team to have a very direct input into the team. It really is not that much of an issue and quite frankly the amount of Hearts based threads are uncomfortable viewing. Ignore them please and concentrate on your own. Lets talk about Hibs.

Diclonius
17-08-2011, 11:53 PM

I'd take him jumping for joy tomorrow evening if it meant he along with 14,000 other boring *******s were suicidal come a week on Sunday. :agree: