PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray testimonial

SteveHFC
16-08-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110816/murray-testimonial-match_2262950_2422339

Latapy is Coming Back :aok:

HibeeSince85
16-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Bring Back Frank!!!!

Pleaseeeeee!

Sammy7nil
16-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I am stunned they are charging £15
When ten would have been enough.
They could have at least made kids a fiver

bod
16-08-2011, 04:57 PM
chic charnley ? hardly a legend never mind a hibs 1

PaulSmith
16-08-2011, 05:04 PM
See the two previous posters, just gonnae no moan on this thread.

Sounds like a good family day and hope we see a decent turn out

SteveHFC
16-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Agreed mate. I'am looking forward to see Latapy, Keith and Many other players on the pitch.

Sammy7nil
16-08-2011, 05:07 PM

Sorry it was not meant as a moan but Ian I am sure would like a good turnout and £5 a kid would have helped.

zlatan
16-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Will there be a full list of former players appearing published before it?

bod
16-08-2011, 05:09 PM

ever so sorry !
i'll re post
IMO Chic Charnley isnt a Hibs legend
happy now

SteveHFC
16-08-2011, 05:11 PM
The Legends Team will be managed by one of Hibernian's Greatest Legends, Pat Stanton and comprise mainly of players from our victorious 1991 and 2007 League Cup winning teams as well as players from our famous 6-2 victory over Hearts in 2000

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Events.htm

Westie1875
16-08-2011, 05:50 PM

It does but they've left the announcement a bit late with the match 2 weeks on Sunday, doesn't give much notice.

H18sry
16-08-2011, 06:10 PM
It all seems a hastily organised game, why have it 2 weeks after fans are asked to fork out to go to the comedy gala, when it is his testimonial "YEAR", cramming 2 events in to a 2 week period, does not seem fair on us the paying public. I know that I'll get shouted down with the "if you don't want to go don't brigade, but its just an observation. I hope it goes well for Ian but cannot see a big turn out for this timing, and pricing is all wrong IMO.

PS I'm with Bod, Chic Charnley :wtf:

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Pricing is way over the top IMO. Not sure if I'll bother now TBH.

bod
16-08-2011, 06:44 PM
It all seems a hastily organised game, why have it 2 weeks after fans are asked to fork out to go to the comedy gala, when it is his testimonial "YEAR", cramming 2 events in to a 2 week period, does not seem fair on us the paying public. I know that I'll get shouted down with the "if you don't want to go don't brigade, but its just an observation. I hope it goes well for Ian but cannot see a big turn out for this timing, and pricing is all wrong IMO.

PS I'm with Bod, Chic Charnley :wtf:

now now youll get PS & Mb moaning

yeah they could've made it an end of season attraction & played it on the 19th of May with an early KO

KWJ
16-08-2011, 06:46 PM
A little confused. So Keith Keith Keith & Mickey Weir won't be taking part in the actual 11 a side match :confused:

.Sean.
16-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm definately going. If you're gonna whinge and moan bolt and do it elsewhere.

H18sry
16-08-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm definately going. If you're gonna whinge and moan piss off and do it elsewhere.

Why? Is this just a forum to show praise? :rolleyes:

We pay's our money we can share our views :agree:

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2011, 06:49 PM
ever so sorry !
i'll re post
IMO Chic Charnley isnt a Hibs legend
happy now

If you read the article, it doesn't say CC is a legend. He's a "hero".... which, for just a couple of (still talked-about) goals, I reckon he was.

bod
16-08-2011, 06:57 PM
If you read the article, it doesn't say CC is a legend. He's a "hero".... which, for just a couple of (still talked-about) goals, I reckon he was.

i stand corrected

feel free to enlighten me because i can only remember his lucky goal for the celtic tho

H18sry
16-08-2011, 06:59 PM
i stand corrected

feel free to enlighten me because i can only remember his lucky goal aginst the celtic tho

I'm sure he scored from half way once aswell :greengrin

bod
16-08-2011, 07:07 PM
i stand corrected

feel free to enlighten me because i can only remember his lucky goal for the celtic tho

in the 6s the sky broadcast.
come to think of it ,when did he play a 1st team game for the celtic ?

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Wind yer neck in! People are allowed to express an opinion regardless of whether or not YOU agree with it.

Ed De Gramo
16-08-2011, 07:14 PM

This :top marks:top marks

Can't wait :flag::flag::flag:

3pm
16-08-2011, 07:27 PM
This :top marks:top marks

Can't wait :flag::flag::flag:

And I am sure he'll be at yours when you make it into the Pensions Hall of Fame son. Only a matter of time.

lyonhibs
16-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Its quite short notice, which means a lot of further away fans may not be able to make it up - myself included, as I have bugger all holiday days left. I wud hav thought end-of-season would hav made more sense.
Still, will be a great day, and all proceeds go to charity (I assume??) for those gurning about the price

Frazerbob
16-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Chico was and still is a Hibs hero of mine. So much so that I named my pet chipmunk after him. :na na:

thebakerboy
16-08-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm sure he scored from half way once aswell :greengrin
Against Alloa in the league cup and I'd gone to the loo and missed it and no cameras BBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM :confused:

Frazerbob
16-08-2011, 07:49 PM
i stand corrected

I take it you mean his goal AGAINST Celtc. I must admit, when he picked the ball up 30 odd yards out and unleashed the unstopable shot to win the game, I wasn't exactly standing there thinking "what a fluke that was".......I was going totally bonkers like the rest of the Hibs support.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Its quite short notice, which means a lot of further away fans may not be able to make it up - myself included, as I have bugger all holiday days left. I wud hav thought end-of-season would hav made more sense.
Still, will be a great day, and all proceeds go to charity (I assume??) for those gurning about the price

Not the case at all, only some of it which was my initial reason for questioning whether or not to attend. Anyhow that's up to the individual to decide including me. If I do decide to go it looks like it will be a good occasion especially as Russell has agreed to turn out and seeing some of the other old faces will probably make it a memorable day not to be missed.........................:greengrin Errrr I think I have just talked myself into it..............probably...............almost..... ..............yeah I'll be there!

marinello59
16-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I have to take the wee lad down to see Latapy in a Hibs shirt again. Looking forward to this, just a fun day out. :thumbsup:

zlatan
16-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Get Sauzee and it'll be packed :agree:

3pm
16-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Get Sauzee and it'll be packed :agree:

I'd go if the King was playing.

OtterHibee
16-08-2011, 08:13 PM

:agree: I was looking forward to this as well and yet I'm back up north that weekend. Don't know why they've left it so late to announce the date.

Mon Dieu4
16-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Chico was a cult hero, off the top of my head I can think of his hitting the junction against Celtc from miles out before finally scoring the winner with a belter, his goal from inside our half, a free kick against Killie or Dunfy I think when the ref wouldnt let him hit it early but didnt matter he still bent it in the top corner.

Also did he not score twice in one game against Dundee Utd or something, I may have been reekin but think one of them was a bit of a mazy run and he scored with his right foot :not worth

Hibby_Huddy
16-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Chico was a joy to watch. His goal against alloa was sublime. He maybe wasn't an athlete and I wouldn't call him a legend but he was an entertainer. We haven't had one of them for a while.

H18sry
17-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Chico was a joy to watch. His goal against alloa was sublime. He maybe wasn't an athlete and I wouldn't call him a legend but he was an entertainer. We haven't had one of them for a while.

Zemmama?

Hibby_Huddy
17-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I loved zemamma, just seems like an age ago when he was turning it on.

big-mo
17-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Update on players -

the following players have confirmed that they will be playing on the day -

Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin

Darren Jackson
Keith Wright
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
Gary Smith
John Hughes
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Steven Tweed
Tom McManus
Jimmy Boco
Stuart Lovell
Nick Colgan
John O'Neill
Andy McNeill
John Collins

AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Steven Fletcher
Chris Hogg
Dean Shiels
David Murphy
Joe Tortolano
Kevin McAllister
Merouane Zemmama
David Zitelli

and yes we are still attempting to get the one and only - Franck Sauzee

duffers
17-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Update on players -

Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin

Darren Jackson
Keith Wright
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
Gary Smith
John Hughes
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Steven Tweed
Tom McManus
Jimmy Boco
Stuart Lovell
Nick Colgan
John O'Neill
Andy McNeill
John Collins

AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Steven Fletcher
Chris Hogg
Dean Shiels
David Murphy
Joe Tortolano
Kevin McAllister
Merouane Zemmama
David Zitelli

Fletch Murphy and Zitelli would be awesome!!

Darth Hibbie
17-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Update on players -

Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin

Darren Jackson
Keith Wright
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
Gary Smith
John Hughes
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Steven Tweed
Tom McManus
Jimmy Boco
Stuart Lovell
Nick Colgan
John O'Neill
Andy McNeill
John Collins

AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Steven Fletcher
Chris Hogg
Dean Shiels
David Murphy
Joe Tortolano
Kevin McAllister
Merouane Zemmama
David Zitelli

:top marks

H18sry
17-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Update on players -

Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin

Darren Jackson
Keith Wright
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
Gary Smith
John Hughes
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Steven Tweed
Tom McManus
Jimmy Boco
Stuart Lovell
Nick Colgan
John O'Neill
Andy McNeill
John Collins

AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Steven Fletcher
Chris Hogg
Dean Shiels
David Murphy
Joe Tortolano
Kevin McAllister
Merouane Zemmama
David Zitelli

Will Fletch not be on international duty? :hide:

basehibby
17-08-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110816/murray-testimonial-match_2262950_2422339

Latapy is Coming Back :aok:

Brilliant - enough reason to book a ticket straight away :thumbsup:

.Sean.
17-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Fantastic - Wee bit surprised at Collins and Hughes playinng, here's hoping ther's nae fuds there who give them a negative reception.

hibee_girl
17-08-2011, 11:26 AM
McManus playing means I'll be there! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
17-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Jimmy Boco

:not worth

Joe Baker II
17-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Am I being cynical here but should a player who left Hibs to a club that offered more money/more chance of trophies etc be rewarded when the move does not work out and he returns to Hibs.

I realise many fans would have done the same and nothing against Murray, but not the point as most will not get to make that decision - should they really be expected to fork out cash?

marinello59
17-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Am I being cynical here but should a player who left Hibs to a club that offered more money/more chance of trophies etc be rewarded when the move does not work out and he returns to Hibs.

I realise many fans would have done the same and nothing against Murray, but not the point as most will not get to make that decision - should they really be expected to fork out cash?

If you don't want to fork out for it don't. Plenty of us will look forward to what should be a fun occasion without the need to find yet more negatives to mull over. Some people seem to delight in sucking the joy out of footballl every chance that they get. Why?

3pm
17-08-2011, 11:48 AM
If you don't want to fork out for it don't. Plenty of us will look forward to what should be a fun occasion without the need to find yet more negatives to mull over. Some people seem to delight in sucking the joy out of footballl every chance that they get. Why?

I thought he made a decent point.

Gatecrasher
17-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought he made a decent point.

so did M59

If you dont want to go for whatever reason then fair enough but why not let those who do want to go, do so without any fuss?

Andy74
17-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Agree with your point and it's a perfectly fair one to make.

I won't bother, others will, although if Sauzee was to play I'd pay to see that and ignore where the money has gone!

IWasThere2016
17-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Agree with your point and it's a perfectly fair one to make.

I won't bother, others will, although if Sauzee was to play I'd pay to see that and ignore where the money has gone!

But you've never liked Nid - even pre his move to Der Hun - does he look to like CC? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I might go to get one more look at john Hughes.

Albion Hibs
17-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Agreed. When the original thread for this came out it was quite clear in asking for positive comments only. If you disagree with it and wont be going then fine, but keep it to yourself, there are plenty of other threads to comment on. The debate as to whether or not it should be happening is irrelevant, because it is happening so get over it.

I think it looks like being an excellent day out, looking forward to it already. As a club we have not had many players recieving a testimonial so that occassion should be enough in many respects for fans of our club to want to be a part of such an occassion.

easty
17-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Agreed. When the original thread for this came out it was quite clear in asking for positive comments only. If you disagree with it and wont be going then fine, but keep it to yourself, there are plenty of other threads to comment on. The debate as to whether or not it should be happening is irrelevant, because it is happening so get over it.

I think it looks like being an excellent day out, looking forward to it already. As a club we have not had many players recieving a testimonial so that occassion should be enough in many respects for fans of our club to want to be a part of such an occassion.

I'll be going to the game, I like Ian Murray, he's not as good a player now as he was but he's a real Hibs lad and I'm happy enough to dip into my pocket for that. I don't really agree that players should get testimonials if the time they've been at the club has been split up. Nowt wrong with being a hypocrite.

My point though, is that I don't think anyone should be able to tell anyone else that they shouldnt be commenting on any post on Hibs.net, the debate over whether or not the game should be happening is not irrelevant.

Albion Hibs
17-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll be going to the game, I like Ian Murray, he's not as good a player now as he was but he's a real Hibs lad and I'm happy enough to dip into my pocket for that. I don't really agree that players should get testimonials if the time they've been at the club has been split up. Nowt wrong with being a hypocrite.

My point though, is that I don't think anyone should be able to tell anyone else that they shouldnt be commenting on any post on Hibs.net, the debate over whether or not the game should be happening is not irrelevant.

They could be doing it elsewhere. As far as I can see the purpose of this thread is to provide information on the match to those interested in going. It is not a poll, or for that matter a statement or question. It is here to provide information. Alas my point is others can have a moan elsewhere, I am sure they will then no doubt enter the competition to win something for free on a day which they are not in support of.

I think it is going to be a good day for our club, I find it hard to see how people feel the need to be negative about it.

Anyway if we get into this it is only going to encourage nonsense chat! I am sure we will have a good day out!

Andy74
17-08-2011, 01:00 PM
They could be doing it elsewhere. As far as I can see the purpose of this thread is to provide information on the match to those interested in going. It is not a poll, or for that matter a statement or question. It is here to provide information. Alas my point is others can have a moan elsewhere, I am sure they will then no doubt enter the competition to win something for free on a day which they are not in support of.

I think it is going to be a good day for our club, I find it hard to see how people feel the need to be negative about it.

Anyway if we get into this it is only going to encourage nonsense chat! I am sure we will have a good day out!

Every thread about this has asked for the same lack of negative comments.

Not really going to happen is it as where are these other places that are mentioned to have an opinion on it?

People stating their views on it aren't interfering with others going and enjoying it.

Adding that you find it hard to see the negatives just asks for people to answer what those are.

Andy74
17-08-2011, 01:02 PM

:greengrin Hadn't thought of that. Good job Stanton is managing to save it degenerating into a shambles. Will Stanton be able to stamp out the bullying though?!

JimBHibees
17-08-2011, 01:03 PM

Brilliant. :faf:

Andy74
17-08-2011, 01:04 PM
But you've never liked Nid - even pre his move to Der Hun - does he look to like CC? :greengrin

Agreed, never did take to him, moving Laursen away from left wing back to make way for him was the beginning of the end for that team.

Lofarl
17-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Update on players -

Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin

Darren Jackson
Keith Wright
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
Gary Smith
John Hughes
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Steven Tweed
Tom McManus
Jimmy Boco
Stuart Lovell
Nick Colgan
John O'Neill
Andy McNeill
John Collins

AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Steven Fletcher
Chris Hogg
Dean Shiels
David Murphy:pray: offer him a contract too
Joe Tortolano
Kevin McAllister
Merouane Zemmama:pray:
David Zitelli:pray:

and yes we are still attempting to get the one and only - Franck Sauzee:pray:

Those highlighted would ensure a decent crowd. Even if none of our previous players showed up, I bet it will still be a far bigger crowd than the Gary (not a racist) Mckay got.

Perspective
17-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Don't know if he's been mentioned yet but I'm looking forward to seeing John O'Neill in a Hibs strip again.

He was a vital cog in that team - a very under-rated player - who never gave anything less than 100%.

Of all the goals in the 6-2 game, I took the most satisfaction from his.

Joe Baker II
17-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Every thread about this has asked for the same lack of negative comments.

Not really going to happen is it as where are these other places that are mentioned to have an opinion on it?

People stating their views on it aren't interfering with others going and enjoying it.

Adding that you find it hard to see the negatives just asks for people to answer what those are.

Agree entirely - I did look elsewhere to air this point but did not see obvious place.

big-mo
18-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Three more players have confirmed that they will be playing in testimonial game, :thumbsup:

Steven Fletcher,

Danny Lennon

and Super Joe Tortolano.

:flag:

hibee_girl
18-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm going to take my 10 year old cousin to this game, educate him on past players and give him the chance to see Latapy playing :thumbsup: