PDA

View Full Version : NHC Manchester City being investigated by UEFA

H18sry
16-08-2011, 11:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14490740.stm Under hand dealing's suspected :hmmm:

easty
16-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't doubt that Man City have got too much for the naming rights of the stadium in this sponsorship deal, and yes it's probably so that they bring down thier losses to come into line with the new guidelines. I don't though see what Uefa can do about that? Is it up to Uefa to value the naming rights of a stadium, or is it an agreement between a club and the potential sponsor?

Part/Time Supporter
17-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't doubt that Man City have got too much for the naming rights of the stadium in this sponsorship deal, and yes it's probably so that they bring down thier losses to come into line with the new guidelines. I don't though see what Uefa can do about that? Is it up to Uefa to value the naming rights of a stadium, or is it an agreement between a club and the potential sponsor?

They can use other clubs as benchmarking, eg Arsenal with Emirates.

cwilliamson85
17-08-2011, 03:01 PM
They can use other clubs as benchmarking, eg Arsenal with Emirates.

But this does not work as you would get more for the Emirates than you would for say the JJB or the Reebok.

I think this is between the club and the sponsor how much the deal is for. It may not be right but neither are UEFA / FIFA

Part/Time Supporter
17-08-2011, 03:03 PM
But this does not work as you would get more for the Emirates than you would for say the JJB or the Reebok.

I think this is between the club and the sponsor how much the deal is for. It may not be right but neither are UEFA / FIFA

Yes, but they can look at various sponsorship deals and determine what is a fair value, ie how many fans does a club have and how much money are they being paid for what in return. I don't think many folk would question the notion that Arsenal have a bigger fanbase than City. So if City are getting much more from Etihad than Arsenal are getting from Emirates it is pretty obvious they are taking the pish.

greenginger
17-08-2011, 04:17 PM

This would allow Vlad to contiue his financial doping of Hearts and put the debt right-offs down as stadium naming rights on behalf of his Ukranian Asbestos Mine even if it closed years ago.

There has to be some independant valuation of these deals for the new rules to work.

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
17-08-2011, 08:39 PM
This would allow Vlad to contiue his financial doping of Hearts and put the debt right-offs down as stadium naming rights on behalf of his Ukranian Asbestos Mine even if it closed years ago.

That's a blow for the yams. As the old main stand is a listed building, shirley Historic Scotland will make Mr Vlad build his new £51m replacement using the same, authentic, materials. They'll have to buy the asbestos in!