PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Financial Report

sunshine1875
16-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Have I missed it, but has the Hibs Financial Report been issued. If not, when are they scheduled for release?

And the key question, what do you think will be reported in terms of profit and loss?

Mikey
16-08-2011, 09:43 AM
The year end was 31st July and the accounts should be out in about 3 weeks from now. Expect a small profit.

NYHibby
16-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I suspect we will report an operating loss with a small profit only due to the sales of Stokes, Zemmama, etc. With no one else left to sell, this coming year should be interesting.

BEEJ
16-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Have I missed it, but has the Hibs Financial Report been issued. If not, when are they scheduled for release?

And the key question, what do you think will be reported in terms of profit and loss?
Usually issued during the first half of September, with the AGM following in October.

I expect them to report a loss for the year to July, even after player sales. In many ways that might be a good thing in enabling the club to communicate some of the financial realities of the game in Scotland these days.

Another year of profit, however modest, would not generally go down well with most of the supporter base, particularly when viewed relative to our on-field performances over the last couple of seasons.

IWasThere2016
16-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Usually issued during the first half of September, with the AGM following in October.

I expect them to report a loss for the year to July, even after player sales. In many ways that might be a good thing in enabling the club to communicate some of the financial realities of the game in Scotland these days.

Another year of profit, however modest, would not generally go down well with most of the supporter base, particularly when viewed relative to our on-field performances over the last couple of seasons.

- and the Board's continued and substantial pay/benefits :devil:

aberhibsfc
17-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Recently read the BBC Scotland article regards SPL clubs facing financial difficulties.

Reading the article answered something I previously believed, the attending fans are the life blood, they contribute more income than the TV deal. However this was entirely disregarded by Doncaster and possibly Petrie (as he headed the forum for change).

They denounced the supporters wishes to increase the league in preference to a reduction of membership, they painted a picture of gloom if we remained the same or increased but between the lot of them they could support their view, not even an unsubstantiated soundbite. Just all this, we know it's good for you, it's the only way etc etc etc ad finitum.

The article on the BBC identifies the turnstile fan brings more to the party than the casual football viewer at home. Yet they tried to short shrift us into going along with their fantasy.

The smaller league seems buried now, perhaps they should look at the increased league, ok tv money will lessen, however the scarf wearers are the ones that plump the kitty. So more teams, additional fans attending SPL games, more teams perhaps teams can mount positive results without playing the OF 4 boring times or more. It may inject a bit of life and interest as clubs can pick points up against each other, may even pose a problem for the OF here and there as there wont be as many 6 pointer encounters.

HFC 0-7
17-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Recently read the BBC Scotland article regards SPL clubs facing financial difficulties.

Reading the article answered something I previously believed, the attending fans are the life blood, they contribute more income than the TV deal. However this was entirely disregarded by Doncaster and possibly Petrie (as he headed the forum for change).

They denounced the supporters wishes to increase the league in preference to a reduction of membership, they painted a picture of gloom if we remained the same or increased but between the lot of them they could support their view, not even an unsubstantiated soundbite. Just all this, we know it's good for you, it's the only way etc etc etc ad finitum.

The article on the BBC identifies the turnstile fan brings more to the party than the casual football viewer at home. Yet they tried to short shrift us into going along with their fantasy.

The smaller league seems buried now, perhaps they should look at the increased league, ok tv money will lessen, however the scarf wearers are the ones that plump the kitty. So more teams, additional fans attending SPL games, more teams perhaps teams can mount positive results without playing the OF 4 boring times or more. It may inject a bit of life and interest as clubs can pick points up against each other, may even pose a problem for the OF here and there as there wont be as many 6 pointer encounters.

Petrie wanted to do it because there would be more TV money as it would only be split 10 ways. Also being guaranteed 4 old firm games at home a season would mean more money. Petrie isnt daft, he seen that it would be a more concrete way of getting money. Going with the fans views and having more teams would mean tv money would be split even further, less old firm games and no guarantee that the fans would flock back. I was against the 10 team league but I can see why Petrie wanted it.

down the slope
17-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Petrie wanted to do it because there would be more TV money as it would only be split 10 ways. Also being guaranteed 4 old firm games at home a season would mean more money. Petrie isnt daft, he seen that it would be a more concrete way of getting money. Going with the fans views and having more teams would mean tv money would be split even further, less old firm games and no guarantee that the fans would flock back. I was against the 10 team league but I can see why Petrie wanted it.

I can see his rational for going down that route but it's like a tv company telling you that you will have more repeats because that way they make more money and stuff what you want to see !. It's no hard to guess what the viewer would do.

sesoim
18-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I suspect we will report an operating loss with a small profit only due to the sales of Stokes, Zemmama, etc. With no one else left to sell, this coming year should be interesting.

Although has part of our outgoings in the last few years not been partly to do with us paying for the new stand? I hope I'm right and if that's the case we might not need to sell players to break even in future.

HibeesLA
18-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I can see his rational for going down that route but it's like a tv company telling you that you will have more repeats because that way they make more money and stuff what you want to see !. It's no hard to guess what the viewer would do.

That's what TV companies actually do though. Programming is based on ratings which is then converted to money from Advertisers for more eyeballs on the screen.