PDA

View Full Version : Behind the goals on match day

IanM
16-08-2011, 07:12 AM
never been - whats the script? just turn up for a few pre match beers? what time does it open?

Golden Bear
16-08-2011, 09:43 AM
never been - whats the script? just turn up for a few pre match beers? what time does it open?

It used to be my chosen place for a couple of pints before the game but unfortunately the service seemed to go downhill while the prices went sharply uphill. It was open to season ticket holders only and I think it opened up at midday.

Things may have improved this season so an up to date "pub spy" report would be appreciated.

:wink:

Removed
16-08-2011, 09:48 AM
It used to be my chosen place for a couple of pints before the game but unfortunately the service seemed to go downhill while the prices went sharply uphill. It was open to season ticket holders only and I think it opened up at midday.Things may have improved this season so an up to date "pub spy" report would be appreciated.:wink: It's had a paintjob :eek: and been rebranded to Crabbies but other than that still very poor however I'm hoping we'll see some action from the feedback in the recent survey if other folk comments are anything like mine. Goofter - Opening times are 'variable' in my experience and often don't match the times on the official site or threads on here, but normally 12:15ish I think for a Sat 3pm KO.

IanM
16-08-2011, 10:21 AM
cheers lads - we've got season tickets but one of the other lads bday thought a few pints in the ground might be a bit different.. checked on the 'ficcial site and it's 12:15 for a saturday 3pm kick off - if we go i'll send a report on monday..

Andy74
16-08-2011, 10:47 AM
If you have kids with you and fancy a pint it's ideal. With mates not so sure I'd go for it over a boozer.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
16-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Even without seasons you can get in, the door stewards never ask, was in a few times last year unopposed.One floor is child free and they both have large TVs for matches that are on, and betting facilities (or they did have).
My mate and I used to sit in the hospitality boxes pre KO and see how long it would be before we were ejected, got 3 full games for nowt and thrown out 10 mins into fourth, not a bad we run though.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2011, 12:29 PM
cheers lads - we've got season tickets but one of the other lads bday thought a few pints in the ground might be a bit different.. checked on the 'ficcial site and it's 12:15 for a saturday 3pm kick off - if we go i'll send a report on monday..

If you decide to go make sure you get there early before the usual suspects reserve about a hundred seats......... does my head in!

LeithBoozy
17-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Sat 3 oo ko, open=12-15.
Sun 2 oo ko open=12-30.
Sun 3 oo ko open=12-30.
Mid week 7 45 ko open=6-00pm.
Sat 12-30 ko open= 11am.
Based on last season Goofter, I dont think any have changed mate. :wink:

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Season ticket holders can "bring a friend" to BTG, so long as they are in possession of a matchday ticket for the Hibs end.

Kojock
17-08-2011, 08:16 AM
If you decide to go make sure you get there early before the usual suspects reserve about a hundred seats......... does my head in!

Do what the usual supects do and get there early instead of whining on here........ does my head in :dummytit:

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Do what the usual supects do and get there early instead of whining on here........ does my head in :dummytit:

Ah a usual suspect! Nah I'll no bother thanks I prefer to whine on here.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Ah a usual suspect! Nah I'll no bother thanks I prefer to whine on here.

:tee hee:

Removed
17-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Do what the usual supects do and get there early instead of whining on here........ does my head in :dummytit: He can have my table :wink:

ArabHibee
17-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Sat 3 oo ko, open=12-15.
Sun 2 oo ko open=12-30.
Sun 3 oo ko open=12-30.
Mid week 7 45 ko open=6-00pm.
Sat 12-30 ko open= 11am.
Based on last season Goofter, I dont think any have changed mate. :wink:
As said previously, do not take these times as gospel. They open when they please. I've pitched up for a midweek game just before 6 in the pissing rain and they kept us waiting outside for over 15 mins.

Season ticket holders can "bring a friend" to BTG, so long as they are in possession of a matchday ticket for the Hibs end.
Nonsense. You can take anyone into BTG with you, they do not need a matchday ticket, as long as the ST holder shows their card. In fact, if you just buy one of the wee ST holders at a pound from the shop and flash that when you go in, thats normally enough for security.

:top marks:greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Nonsense. You can take anyone into BTG with you, they do not need a matchday ticket, as long as the ST holder shows their card. In fact, if you just buy one of the wee ST holders at a pound from the shop and flash that when you go in, thats normally enough for security.

Perhaps, but I was talking about the official policy laid out by the club for BTG.

The OP seemed to be asking about whether or not the possession of a season ticket made any difference or not.

All I was meaning was that, strictly speaking, if you're not a season ticket holder, you're not allowed in to BTG, unless a season ticket holder brings you along as their "friend" and you have a ticket for the Hibs end.

What actually happens is another matter entirely. :wink:

ArabHibee
17-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Perhaps, but I was talking about the official policy laid out by the club for BTG.

The OP seemed to be asking about whether or not the possession of a season ticket made any difference or not.

All I was meaning was that, strictly speaking, if you're not a season ticket holder, you're not allowed in to BTG, unless a season ticket holder brings you along as their "friend" and you have a ticket for the Hibs end.

What actually happens is another matter entirely. :wink:

Whilst I am in total agreement with you FH regarding official policy, I think its better to tell it how it is.

BTG regular folk ken whit's going on. :wink:

AustinHibee
18-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Four of us go every home game and have always been asked to show season ticket.
£2.90 for pint of Best.
£4 for pint of Magners Cider.
Would imagine Lager about same as Best?
Service can be a bit slow even early on when not busy,i think due to new bar staff
nearly every week.(inexperienced)

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2011, 08:46 PM

:na na: I did today especially to get a seat for the Liverpool/Arsenal game, was in the queue before 12 got a seat and thoroughly enjoyed myself :greengrin