PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Dobbie

Scorrie
15-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Starting for Swansea tonight versus Man City. He's done well for himself :agree:

Hibstrooper
15-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Starting for Swansea tonight versus Man City. He's done well for himself :agree:

:agree:

Deserves to be in the Scotland squad too.

H18sry
15-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Deserves to be in the Scotland squad too.

Ex Hibs player so no chance Harry Potter will pick him :wink:

Prawn Sandwich
15-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Swansea playing good passing football too. Passing from the back. I hope Caldwell is watching.

Hibstrooper
15-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Swansea playing good passing football too. Passing from the back. I hope Caldwell is watching.

:agree: Gary Caldwell could do with a few tips :wink:

Scorrie
15-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Swansea have a pretty decent keeper as well. Was he there last season and kept Maka out? Can't see how he managed to do that...

joe breezy
15-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I remember people slating him heavily on here and I thought he was alright. #manyhibsfansareclueless? Or did I just not see enough of his off games?

H113EE5
15-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Watching the Man City V Swansea online. All 22 players are comfortable on the ball, ready to run a close down, ready to run into space, ready to support their team mates... what the **** have we got up in Scotland. Our bunch of lazy *******s don't know half of it and I mean the vast majoroty not just our players.

It really anoyys me that the players up here can't even do the simple things. :fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming:

Geeeezzzz.. even Stephen Dobbie looks good!

YehButNoBut
15-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Swansea have a pretty decent keeper as well. Was he there last season and kept Maka out? Can't see how he managed to do that...

Goalie is Michel Vorm, only signed last week from Utrecht, has played 5 times for the Dutch national squad.

Barney McGrew
15-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Some of the football Man City have played tonight has been fantastic

YehButNoBut
15-08-2011, 08:32 PM

Sergio Aguero looks like he'll be a star in the EPL this season, only came on this half and has scored 1 and made another, looks some player. :agree:

Billy Whizz
15-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Maybe, but they are playing against a very very poor team!!

frazeHFC
15-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone know where there will be extended highlights?

Future17
15-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Sergio Aguero looks like he'll be a star in the EPL this season, only came on this half and has scored 1 and made another, looks some player. :agree:

The best finisher in world football at the moment I reckon.

Some of these are unreal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5NBKVwObI

The second goal in this compilation is the first time I saw him play. Under-20 World Cup some years back. 4-0 against Poland. I was very drunk but he was unplayable that day as the goal shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F3oTDtnXaM

PISTOL1875
15-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Aguero , Dzeko , Silva and still maybe King Carlos.. The EPL won't know whats hit it....

Barney McGrew
Oooft. Whit a hit.

YehButNoBut

The best finisher in world football at the moment I reckon.

Some of these are unreal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5NBKVwObI

:agree: he's just scored another superb goal to make it 4-0

IWasThere2016
15-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Aguero will be EPL top scorer .. Wonder what odds he is

Barney McGrew
15-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Aguero will be EPL top scorer .. Wonder what odds he is

Best you'll get now is 5/1

IWasThere2016
15-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Best you'll get now is 5/1

Still a steal!

Sir David Gray
15-08-2011, 09:02 PM
There's no doubt that Man City have a lot of firepower up front and it would seem that they have a really good striker in Aguero, however it will take a lot more than a home win against Swansea to make me reconsider my tip for the title this season.

Swansea's likely to be relegated this season and are probably one of the weakest and least equipped Premiership teams in years.

Bring them on...:take that

Speedway
15-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Dobbie wasn't good enough when at Hibs, you'll recall.

Hibstrooper
15-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Dobbie wasn't good enough when at Hibs, you'll recall.

To be fair Dobbie of 5/6 years ago wasn't good enough for Hibs, he wasn't even good enough for St Johnston. However fair play to him, most players find it difficult to turn their careers around once they start trading down clubs - he could be used as an example for a lot of players.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Best you'll get now is 5/1 Only 9-2 on Betfair, may be worth leaving it a couple of days to level out.

Prawn Sandwich
16-08-2011, 06:52 AM
:agree: Gary Caldwell could do with a few tips :wink:

I meant Steven Caldwell........... Ok I confess I meant Calderwood.

Sylar
16-08-2011, 09:19 AM
There's no doubt that Man City have a lot of firepower up front and it would seem that they have a really good striker in Aguero, however it will take a lot more than a home win against Swansea to make me reconsider my tip for the title this season.

Swansea's likely to be relegated this season and are probably one of the weakest and least equipped Premiership teams in years.

Bring them on...:take that

I dunno - I reckoned it would be pretty imbalanced this year, with Man Utd being clear favourites, but Man City REALLY impressed me last night.

Weak or not, Swansea played some good football - they just didn't have enough to threaten the City defense. They will pose problems to some of the lesser teams in the Premiership this year.

It's hard to base on the first week, but Man Utd hardly looked comfortable against West Brom, who are hardly going to be up around the top 6, with very little "equipment" to note themselves.

Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Kompany, Toure and Johnson all looked absolutely superb last night. If they can keep that up, they'll be genuine contenders and as much as I dislike the ludicrous amounts of cash they've spent to get there, it would be refreshing to watch another team win the league, or at least run it close. I'd quite like to see that team being City, as their fans have been subjected to complete arrogance from your lot for the best part of 2 decades.

Hibs90
16-08-2011, 11:22 AM
If David Silva gets injured I can't seeing them doing as well without him.

stokesmessiah
16-08-2011, 11:57 AM
If David Silva gets injured I can't seeing them doing as well without him.

What if they have Samir Nasri in the squad also ??

Sir David Gray
16-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I dunno - I reckoned it would be pretty imbalanced this year, with Man Utd being clear favourites, but Man City REALLY impressed me last night.

Weak or not, Swansea played some good football - they just didn't have enough to threaten the City defense. They will pose problems to some of the lesser teams in the Premiership this year.

It's hard to base on the first week, but Man Utd hardly looked comfortable against West Brom, who are hardly going to be up around the top 6, with very little "equipment" to note themselves.

Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Kompany, Toure and Johnson all looked absolutely superb last night. If they can keep that up, they'll be genuine contenders and as much as I dislike the ludicrous amounts of cash they've spent to get there, it would be refreshing to watch another team win the league, or at least run it close. I'd quite like to see that team being City, as their fans have been subjected to complete arrogance from your lot for the best part of 2 decades.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance if it's justified and can be backed up with valid reasons for it.

Given that, in the past two decades, Man Utd have won 12 Premiership titles, 2 Champions League titles, 4 FA Cups and 4 League Cups and, in the same period, Man City have spent 4 seasons in the Championship, 1 season in League One and only secured their first major trophy in 35 years last season, I think it's easy to see why the fans of Man Utd have displayed a bit of arrogance in their local rivalry with City.

You're right, though, United were far from being at their best against West Brom but with Roy Hodgson at the helm now, I'm willing to bet that they'll finish a lot higher up the league than Swansea will and I fully expect that when Man Utd play Swansea at Old Trafford, the outcome will be similar to last night's match.

I'll start to worry about City winning the league if they're about 10 points clear in February or March, not after one game against the new boys.

Lucius Apuleius
16-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Nothing in this world would make me laugh more, and I include the yams folding in this, than City to end up higher than united. The crap they have had to put up with for years is ridiculous, and as said above, whilst I don't agree with the ludicrous sums of money being paid, it will be an absolute joy to see if they could manange to topple united. A bit like Falkirk supporters scoffing of the Shire maybe?

Sir David Gray
16-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Nothing in this world would make me laugh more, and I include the yams folding in this, than City to end up higher than united. The crap they have had to put up with for years is ridiculous, and as said above, whilst I don't agree with the ludicrous sums of money being paid, it will be an absolute joy to see if they could manange to topple united. A bit like Falkirk supporters scoffing of the Shire maybe?

You think it's ridiculous when the supporters of a highly successful team mock the supporters of their local rivals, who have won next to nothing for the best part of 40 years? :confused:

It's called football banter. :agree:

Of course if City happen to be really successful over the next 10 years or whatever and eclipse what United have achieved then I fully expect their fans to rub it in good and proper. It's what happens in football rivalries.

Sylar
16-08-2011, 10:31 PM
You think it's ridiculous when the supporters of a highly successful team mock the supporters of their local rivals, who have won next to nothing for the best part of 40 years? :confused:

Of course if City happen to be really successful over the next 10 years or whatever and eclipse what United have achieved then I fully expect their fans to rub it in good and proper. It's what happens in football rivalries.

me, are you sure you support the right Edinburgh club?!

That attitude sounds famously familiar.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2011, 10:58 PM
me, are you sure you support the right Edinburgh club?!

That attitude sounds famously familiar.

As I say, Man Utd fans have valid reasons for their arrogance and for ridiculing the efforts of their rivals. They genuinely have been the "big team" of Manchester for a very long time, so much so that, up until recently, United have had to look to Liverpool for a serious rivalry.

Hearts, on the other hand, do not have any serious claim to being far superior to Hibs. Apart from their derby record which, from a Hibs perspective, is embarrassing, their list of major honours in the past 30 years is no more impressive than ours as we've both won just two trophies in that time.

It's really not a comparable situation.

FRes Hibbie
16-08-2011, 11:08 PM
As I say, Man Utd fans have valid reasons for their arrogance and for ridiculing the efforts of their rivals. They genuinely have been the "big team" of Manchester for a very long time, so much so that, up until recently, United have had to look to Liverpool for a serious rivalry.

Hearts, on the other hand, do not have any serious claim to being far superior to Hibs. Apart from their derby record which, from a Hibs perspective, is embarrassing, their list of major honours in the past 30 years is no more impressive than ours as we've both won just two trophies in that time.

:agree: Man Utd's arrogance has been pretty justified when you think seriously about it. Genuinely think though that Man City's squad, or at least their attacking options, are FAR stronger than Utd's this season. And considering it was City's defensive record that was impressive last season that HAS to be a worry for Chelsea/United fans now.

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2011, 07:13 AM

I think it goes beyond banter when the arrogance reaches the level we are talking about. No one can disagree that the mancs have had a better few decades than City but you do seem to forget the time you were languishing in the old second division etc. What goes around comes around and I sincerely hope united's bubble bursts. To bemoan the spending of City when united are so deep in debt is nothing short of hypocrisy. For that reason alone I like nothing better than seeing united humped. Please note, I do not support City, I follow their results. I support Hibs. There is only room in my blood pump for one team.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2011, 07:39 AM
:agree:. Genuinely think though that Man City's squad, or at least their attacking options, are FAR stronger than Utd's this season. And considering it was City's defensive record that was impressive last season that HAS to be a worry for Chelsea/United fans now.

City finished just 9 points off the top last season, and were on the same number of points as Chelsea. Both clubs should be worried, as they will improve. Will United and Chelsea?