PDA

View Full Version : Question Since January then... Which new signing are you most pleased/disappointed with?

Hakim Sar
15-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I am pleased with Akpo Sodje and think we have missed the big laddie. Top marks to him. Deserves his contract.

Most disappointed with Matt Thornhill. Possibly needs time to settle - however he looks like he's is lost, out his depth and very lucky to be considered a professional football player. Complete guff and no talent for any aspect of the game thus far. A brutal signing and deserves flak for hiding on the pitch.

R'Albin
15-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I am pleased with Akpo Sodje and think we have missed the big laddie. Top marks to him. Deserves his contract.

Most disappointed with Matt Thornhill. Possibly needs time to settle - however he looks like he's is lost, out his depth and very lucky to be considered a professional football player. Complete guff and no talent for any aspect of the game thus far. A brutal signing and deserves flak for hiding on the pitch.

Very harsh, think he could turn out to be a good player..

The signing I'm most pleased with is Gaz, not been too disappointed with any really (Yet).

Hakim Sar
15-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Yup, Garry gas ben marvellous and took his goal well yesterday. Work rate has been exceptional since first whistle against Celtic. Really pleased with him for showing that the hard work brings rewards.

Speedway
15-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Most impressed with Gaz and least impressed with Scott/Sproule.

Scott because he's not very good and Sproule because it turns out that he hasn't learned to get his head up and cross the ball, after all.

smurf
15-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Least impressed with Scott and Thornhill.

The former is poor but I'm sure there is a player in the latter.

Hibs90
15-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Gotta be Thornhill for me, looked off the pace in every game I've seen him play. Sodje, Palsson and GOC mainly pleased with though and think Sproule should be an impact sub this time around.

lucky
15-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Impressed with GoC and Sodje.
Take your pick from Palsson, Scott or Thornhill for adding nothing

truehibernian
15-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Most impressed with Gaz and least impressed with Scott/Sproule.

Scott because he's not very good and Sproule because it turns out that he hasn't learned to get his head up and cross the ball, after all.

What makes you not rate Scott speedway (just out of interest).

I think he offers something the current midfield is lacking to be honest, and hasn't really had a run of games to get into his stride (injury record has precluded a decent stab at the team). If CC gets the midfield balance right then I would include him, alongside Osbourne, Palsson and Thornhill........using Sproule and Galbraith to alternate for certain games. Scott, when I have seen him, does tend to be rash, but he closes down quickly and has an engine on him way better than the likes of Nid and Stevenson. He is genuinely the only 'box to box' midfielder I think we have. I only saw him in one pre-season game, second half v Falkirk, and both him and Scott Smith changed the dynamic of the game with their energy and will to get up the pitch.

Elephant Stone
15-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Most impressed with O'Connor. I really, really hope he isn't wasted by having a dire team around him.

So far I think CC's signings look quite good, which is why it's so frustrating that they can't seem to be organised into any sort of threat. I think Palsson needs to do more if he's to justify the kind of praise he received when we were on our short lived OK run last season and the same could probably be said of Thornhill- looks not bad but we need more from him.

madabouthibs
15-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Jimmy Scott has been my biggest disappointment, but I think he's had a tough time with injury and "Welshgate". Best would be Garry O or Sodje.

spike220
15-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Gotta be big GOC, he is all class and one of the best strikers in the SPL.

GGTTH

IanM
15-08-2011, 11:17 AM
GOC has been a world apart - couldn't help notice his face of 'what am i doing playing with these huddies' at the end of the game though

agogo looked good when he came on yesterday

Speedway
15-08-2011, 11:21 AM
What makes you not rate Scott speedway (just out of interest).

I think he offers something the current midfield is lacking to be honest, and hasn't really had a run of games to get into his stride (injury record has precluded a decent stab at the team). If CC gets the midfield balance right then I would include him, alongside Osbourne, Palsson and Thornhill........using Sproule and Galbraith to alternate for certain games. Scott, when I have seen him, does tend to be rash, but he closes down quickly and has an engine on him way better than the likes of Nid and Stevenson. He is genuinely the only 'box to box' midfielder I think we have. I only saw him in one pre-season game, second half v Falkirk, and both him and Scott Smith changed the dynamic of the game with their energy and will to get up the pitch.

He can't pick a pass, he's late in the tackle, he's not particularly hard, for a hard man, he's not a strong finisher if he does make an appearance in the box and he's not that quick or strong in the air.

Other than that, he's fair enough.

basehibby
15-08-2011, 11:29 AM
The signing who has most pleased me is Akpo Sodje - mainly because he has delivered well beyond what I expected of him.

Big GOC has been great so far as well but then I expected him to be!

On the other side of the coin, Martin Scott and Matt Thornhill have both yet to make a real impression although I can see they both have attributes to bring to the table. Scott is a player bursting with energy but I've rarely seen him pass to a teammate - Thornhill seems to have impressive technique but has let games pass him by - hopefully a matter of time before they impose themselves.

darwenhibby
15-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I have been impressed with all his signings. They all offer someting different.

Sproule has been the most diappointing, still living off a hatrick at Ibrox IMHO

Andy74
15-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been impressed with all his signings. They all offer someting different.

Sproule has been the most diappointing, still living off a hatrick at Ibrox IMHO

Sodje and o'Connor have done well so far, not sure what any of the other ten have added to the team yet though. Osbourne, Agogo and Airey need to play first and O'Hanlon needs to stay off the physio table for more than a week.

Don Giovanni
15-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Sodje and o'Connor have done well so far, not sure what any of the other ten have added to the team yet though. Osbourne, Agogo and Airey need to play first and O'Hanlon needs to stay off the physio table for more than a week. :agree: Sodje & O'Connor are the only two to have made an impact so far (IMO). We need the others to step up and do so quickly. (A number of the old-heads need to up thier game also or we are in for a long, hard season)

Northfield Hibby
15-08-2011, 02:11 PM
O'Connor has impressed me, it's obvious he isn't 100% fit yet, but he still puts in the effort and 2 goals out of 3 games is a good start.

Most disappointment signing so far is the invisible man Thornhill. Have watched him against Celtc and against Killie and he contributed nothing. As it stands at the moment he looks like an english version of DeGraffe!!! A really hope he proves me wrong. He had all the excuses when he joined last season, not 100% fit, an injury then missed the last few games. This season, he's had a pre-season, doesn't seem to be suffering from any injuries, but he looks out of his depth!!!

Wembley67
15-08-2011, 02:17 PM
The fans on this board or are they supporters?

Mikey
15-08-2011, 02:47 PM
The fans on this board or are they supporters?

Some of the stuff that people say about our players is astonishing.

calumhibee1
15-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Most impressed with GOC and Sodje, not been very impressed with Scott. I actually think Thornhill has looked like he could be a good player.. :agree:

Northfield Hibby
15-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Some of the stuff that people say about our players is astonishing.

And some of the stuff that supporters accept what they witness on and off the park is even more astonishing!!!

marinello59
15-08-2011, 03:37 PM
And some of the stuff that supporters accept what they witness on and off the park is even more astonishing!!!

Really? Such as?

hibsbollah
15-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Really? Such as? The seagull debacle for starters.

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't really have expectations of Hibs signings anymore so I'm not disappointed.

O'Connor looks a better player than when he left us.

The midfielders have been mince so far.

marinello59
15-08-2011, 04:53 PM
The seagull debacle for starters.

:greengrin

greenlex
15-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Ask me again in May.

HFC 0-7
15-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Been most pleased with O Connor because he looks very good and I think will only get better. Most disappointed with thornhill, only because my expectations of him were high and he seems average. He may not be able to cope with the SPL as there is no space and the pitches will only get worse.

Broken Gnome
15-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Palsson's getting away with murder here. He's the very definition of disappointing.

hibernianyank
16-08-2011, 12:45 PM
hey guys just moved over here from america last year so getting to know the team but i have been pleased with Sodje and O'Connor :thumbsup:

DH1875
16-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Palsson's getting away with murder here. He's the very definition of disappointing.

Playing him at RB doesn't help. I'll agree he's fell away a lot but there was a spell last season when he looked like a great player in the making.

Have been more than pleasantly surprised with Sodje and his contribution :thumbsup:.

Broken Gnome
16-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Playing him at RB doesn't help. I'll agree he's fell away a lot but there was a spell last season when he looked like a great player in the making.

Have been more than pleasantly surprised with Sodje and his contribution :thumbsup:.

True, but his complete anonymity against the bottom 6 sides, aside from getting the p!ss taken out of him by a clogger from St Mirren, quickly put his initial promise to distant memory.

Albion Hibs
16-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Palsson end of.

He has gone up in my estimation since he started playing at RB. Prior to that he was minging, his own gaffers reaction to his performance said that.

He cant pass or deliver, at best a squad player. He has made a couple of chanllenges but nothing more than that;...in fairness they were crap!

EK_Hibs
16-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I have high(ish) hopes for O'Hanlon, I'm quietly confident he'll prove to be a decent signing for us.
Bad signings? - Well..Scott is utter mince IMO and a bigger thug than Ian Black!! Palsson started brightly but now falls into the "p1sh" category, & Sproule was never a favourite of mine anyway so it's no shock to me that he's brought very little to the table thus far.

Basically O'Connor and Booth are currently taking to the field handcuffed to a bunch of talentless wasters who couldnae pass wind let alone a football!!!
Yeah I know it's harsh... Harsh but true.

SteveHFC
16-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Scott