PDA

View Full Version : Latest Albums

Ryan91
15-08-2011, 09:46 AM
So tell me folks what was the last album you bought/downloaded?

Got Nero's 'Welcome Reality' on iTunes; what an album! I don't think I have listened to an album as good as this for quite some time. It's superb, flows perfectly from one song to the next.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed De Gramo
15-08-2011, 07:30 PM
So tell me folks what was the last album you bought/downloaded?

Got Nero's 'Welcome Reality' on iTunes; what an album! I don't think I have listened to an album as good as this for quite some time. It's superb, flows perfectly from one song to the next.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloaded 'Welcome Reality' and Kids In Glass Houses new album 'In Gold Blood' at the same time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Both are fantastic :agree:

Calvin
16-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Last album I bought is Copy Haho's debut. Heard them on Ally McCrae's introducing show and saw Frightened Rabbit and The Xcerts tweeting about them so gave it a punt and it's fantastic. Best band to come out of Stonehaven that I can think of!

Absolutely bursting for We Were Promised Jetpack's new album in a couple of months.

MountcastleHibs
16-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Kids in Glass Houses - 'In Gold Blood' and Jay Z and Kanye West - 'Watch the Throne'... Both very good albums!

AgentDaleCooper
17-08-2011, 03:26 AM
sorry, you've set me up to nicely here...but my band, miasma, are launching our album, 'feathered feet', at the persian ten in st. john's church on princes street on the 26th - you can get a preview of a couple of tracks here (http://soundcloud.com/miasmaband), one of which (river) you can download for free.

i joined recently, and didn't write the songs so i don't feel like a twat for saying: it's actually pretty bloody good, and at the very least, not something i think anyone could describe as 'crap' - also pretty inspirational to see what good sound quality you can get out of a bedroom recording, if you have the know how (which our drummer is brimming with)

if you don't object to our choons, you can not object to (http://www.facebook.com/miasma.band) us on facebook

sorry if this seems shamelessly spammy

Sylar
17-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Downloaded 'Welcome Reality' and Kids In Glass Houses new album 'In Gold Blood' at the same time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Both are fantastic :agree:

Kids in Glass Houses - 'In Gold Blood' and Jay Z and Kanye West - 'Watch the Throne'... Both very good albums!

I really liked "Dirt", so I downloaded the above a few days ago.

Not anywhere near impressed yet, but maybe it's a grower...

Marabou Stork
19-08-2011, 09:12 PM
the 'warpaint' album, the newish lykke li album and last one from 'the go team!' have all been on a loop for me in the last couple of weeks.

Calvin
20-08-2011, 05:27 PM
last one from 'the go team!' have all been on a loop for me in the last couple of weeks.
Saw them at Benicassim last month and really enjoyed them, will have to invest in that album.

Gatecrasher
20-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Katy B's album, superb :agree:

seanraff07
24-08-2011, 10:27 PM
'Famous First Words' by Viva Brother.

Next one for me will be 'Velociraptor' by Kasabian out on 19th September.

MountcastleHibs
25-08-2011, 01:08 AM
'Famous First Words' by Viva Brother.Next one for me will be 'Velociraptor' by Kasabian out on 19th September. Velociraptor shall be my next album too, and then Noel Gallagher's.Just finished listening to Hard-Fi's third album 'Killer Sounds'. A really enjoyable listen, and a good album. I don't know whether it's as good as 'Stars of CCTV' or 'Once Upon a Time in the West'.

GhostofBolivar
25-08-2011, 06:14 AM
the 'warpaint' album, the newish lykke li album and last one from 'the go team!' have all been on a loop for me in the last couple of weeks.

The Lykke Li album is grotesquely good as is Let England Shake by PJ Harvey.

seanraff07
25-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Velociraptor shall be my next album too, and then Noel Gallagher's.Just finished listening to Hard-Fi's third album 'Killer Sounds'. A really enjoyable listen, and a good album. I don't know whether it's as good as 'Stars of CCTV' or 'Once Upon a Time in the West'. Kasabian have just announced a UK tour as well.

Marabou Stork
25-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I just listened to the 'Wugazi' album. I'm not usually a fan of these mash-up (even typing that made my skin crawl) albums, but I loved Fugazi and the Wu-Tang Clan and gave it a whirl.

I wasn't disappointed, it's the best thing I've heard in ages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs79tXcK1Og

edit - free download from here:
http://wugazi.com/

Sick Boy
27-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Been listening a lot of A Different Kind Of Fix from Bombay Bicycle Club, Laura Marling's A Creature I Don't Know and Moonfire from Boy & Bear recently. Boy & Bear have had a ridiculous amount of airplay over here due to the Ozzies pushing their homegrown stuff pretty hard but it is a great album. The other two are well worth checking out as well.:thumbsup: