PDA

View Full Version : Hibs - Hearts Amsterdam

hibsfootballer
15-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Im going to be in Amsterdam for the Hibs - Hearts a week on saturday.

Does anyone know any places/bars that will show the game over there?

Hibee87
15-08-2011, 09:59 AM

the game is a week on sunday BTW.

and yes there is loads of places that will show it however im sure the man utd v arsenal game is on at the same time so best to ask the day before.

coco's bar on the rembrandtplein will defo show it as they have several tellies although if you are staying in the centre i.e red light area or anywhere near central station its a fair walk away.

near enough all the pubs in the red light district will show it, stones bar, the redlight bar etc take a walk down on the satarday and you will find a few with signs up, if not jsut ask.

i watched the hibs celtic game in a bar but hard to describe unless you been to the dam before.

Pm me where you staying about and I should be able to tell you all the places that are in close vicinty to you. :thumbsup:

Hillsidehibby
15-08-2011, 10:00 AM
The Old Sailor in the Red Light District show the football.

If theres no English game on at the same time they will probably show it if you ask.

Phil D. Rolls
15-08-2011, 11:00 AM

There are several bars on the Zeedijk that show all the British sport. Amsterdammers have great English though, so just ask them and they'll point you to the right place. If you're still capable of watching a game of football by the time it comes on though, you should really think about just staying at home. :greengrin:

Gettin' Auld
15-08-2011, 03:41 PM
The Old Sailor in the Red Light District show the football.

Walking around the Red Light District of Amsterdam asking where the old sailer is, could make for an "interesting" afternoon!!!

Bayern Bru
15-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Make sure you mention Edwin de Graaf.

de Graaf is Dutch for 'Old Sailor' so you'll be fine.

:greengrin

haagsehibby
16-08-2011, 09:34 AM
The Leidseplein also has a few bars that show football.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Amshterdam is foo of sports bars, you'll find it tough to miss them.

fat freddy
16-08-2011, 08:52 PM
i watched the hibs/rangers semi in 2004 in a pub in the red light area...i walked in and there were 4 huns settling down to watch the game in an otherwise empty bar....when hibs won on penalties they made a hasty exit while i danced on a table utterly unconcerned about what they might do to me....looking back, im lucky i didn't get a doing but the purple haze mixed with too many beers and the scenes from hampden turned me into a complete loon...i may have missed the game in person but i had an unforgetable night...i hope the o.p. enjoys a similar experience next week

joe breezy
16-08-2011, 09:14 PM
i was almost massively excited by the title of this thread, Hibs are playing Hearts in Amsterdam? The stuff that dreams are made of

Austinho
17-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Players Cafe, just around the corner from Dam Square on Warmoesstraat is a good bet – directly opposite the Comdomerie!

Ryan69
17-08-2011, 07:25 AM
http://livearoundamsterdam.com/venue.php?recordID=13

Goto this place.

hibsfootballer
17-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks for this guys!

Its the Warmostraat im staying in so that will be perfect!!

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Ryan69
17-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Beware though of Amsterdam prices,thats why I recommend Susies saloon. Happy hour for the 3 hours after games too.

You can pay Tourist Prices or Descent prices,and its round the corner from Waarmestraat.

pacorosssco
17-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Pick a pub and ill see ya there. Usually go Tara but up for a change

FTJ