PDA

View Full Version : Fabregas £35m

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2011, 08:14 AM
A bargain when you consider Liverpool paid the same for Carrol.

Thecat23
15-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Thinking that myself.. far better player. Of course a different type but Carrol isn't anywhere near that and only a year before Newcastle were quoted as saying they would have sold him for a Million. Huge loss to Arsenal who i think might have problems making the top 4.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Thinking that myself.. far better player. Of course a different type but Carrol isn't anywhere near that and only a year before Newcastle were quoted as saying they would have sold him for a Million. Huge loss to Arsenal who i think might have problems making the top 4.

Yip you are right they are different types of player, although i'd wager Fabregas will score more goals, and create more goals than Carrol who in my opinion was way over priced. :greengrin

The Silver Fox
15-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Carroll is a raw talent. For some unknown reason and on the back of the hype surrounding Dalglish's return to Anfield he was desperate to sign the guy. For me he has made a huge gamble, he is not that good, decent but he would have been better buying Darren Bent.

Fabregas is a Rolls Royce of a footballer. One thing for sure if he is sold again it was hugely in excess of £35m, £24.5m actually, the rest is in pays ups and conditions. That will not be the case with Carroll.

ancient hibee
15-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Lot of money to pay for a bench warmer.

Sodje_18
15-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Lot of money to pay for a bench warmer.
But not a lot of money for a long term replacement for Xavi :rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
15-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Carroll isnt as good a talent as fabregas but I bet managers need to re think and change tactics when carroll is playing against them.

greenlex
15-08-2011, 09:42 PM
If thats what these players are worth then how much will Driver and Templeton be worth now then?:rolleyes:

scuttle
15-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Carroll is a handfull must be a nightmare to play against

HH81
15-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I watched Fabregas Live on few occasions and he was always one step ahead of the rest. Will be a big miss to the premier league.

jacomo
15-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Seems a great deal all round to me. Barca get a great midfielder still to hit his peak at a (relatively) reasonable price. Arsenal get £30m + for a player they nicked as a 16 year old from Barca's academy.

Arsenal should have seen the writing on the wall, got the deal done early and focused on rebuilding the team, though. I think they are in real danger of going backwards this season.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Seems a great deal all round to me. Barca get a great midfielder still to hit his peak at a (relatively) reasonable price. Arsenal get £30m + for a player they nicked as a 16 year old from Barca's academy.

Arsenal should have seen the writing on the wall, got the deal done early and focused on rebuilding the team, though. I think they are in real danger of going backwards this season.

Spurs and Liverpool must be looking at them as the weakest member of the top four and there for the taking.

patlowe
17-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Carroll is definitely a gamble but the potential is there for him to be a big, big player in the future. As for Fabregas, he's quality no doubt but has a history of injuries IIRC. He'll struggle to get into the Barca team as it stands but will be a very decent replacement for Xavi when the time eventually comes for him to quit (a few years yet hopefully!).

heretoday
17-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I can see Carroll having a great season barring injury once he gets his partnership with Suarez sorted out.

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Ill stick my neck on the line and say Andy Carroll will not get 10 League goals this season for Liverpool.

HibeeSince85
17-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Ill stick my neck on the line and say Andy Carroll will not get 10 League goals this season for Liverpool.

I'd be willing to do a wager with you that he will.

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Cheeky wee £50 :dunno:

_hucks_
17-08-2011, 05:15 PM
The fee for Carroll reflected the amount of money Liverpool had just got for Torres, the fact that they needed a striker in urgently as a replacement, and that it was right at the end of a January window. You cant compare transfer fees without taking into account to circumstances surrounding the transfer.

HibeeSince85
17-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Yup, I'm in for that.:aok:

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Kool, Watty dae then mate is give me a PM when the season is over and ill tell you the best way to Penicuik tae drop 50 sheets off .

Good man :aok:

HibeeSince85
17-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Kool, Watty dae then mate is give me a PM when the season is over and ill tell you the best way to Penicuik tae drop 50 sheets off .

Good man :aok:

Ach Andy mate, I was thinking more of telling you the pub to put my fifty behind the bar for me, I'd even have got you a pint to cheer you up aswell:greengrin

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Ach Andy mate, I was thinking more of telling you the pub to put my fifty behind the bar for me, I'd even have got you a pint to cheer you up aswell:greengrin

:hilarious

Pint of Wife beater and im happy as Larry :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

HibeeSince85
17-08-2011, 05:46 PM

Good man:aok:

We'll keep an eye on this through the season.

sesoim
18-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Carroll isnt as good a talent as fabregas but I bet managers need to re think and change tactics when carroll is playing against them.

:agree: There aren't that many players like Carroll going about. That's why he cost so much. Fabregas might be a better player, but he isn't exactly unique.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2011, 04:30 PM

I'm the same, Andy, but for the some reason the Mrs seems to get rather stroppy. Women, eh?

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 04:49 PM

When you say not get 10 goals, does that mean if he gets 15 he hasnt got 10 goals for the season. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
18-08-2011, 05:08 PM
There aren't that many players like Carroll going about. That's why he cost so much.

That must be why AOB cost so much.

HibbyAndy
20-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Just a wee update, Nae goals for Carroll so far :greengrin

Whenever you feel like parting with your £50 just drop me a PM and ill give you my Paypal details :wink:

Liam89
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
What's that, 2 after 11 games? :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-11-2011, 10:10 AM
What's that, 2 after 11 games? :wink:

Aken he has one league goal not sure about 2 ? .

This is the easiest cash ill ever win :agree: Carroll is never ever a 35 Million pound player and and their aint a hope in hell he will bag 10 league goals this season .

Just hope the poster is true to his word and pays out accordingly :wink:

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Wee update.

Andy Carroll is still pish.Never a 35 million pound player. And ive won this bet.

So mon.Pay up.

Wembley67
29-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Wee update.

Andy Carroll is still pish.Never a 35 million pound player. And ive won this bet.

So mon.Pay up.

You dont need the cash Andy, this is the time of the year when you get your xmas bonus is it not?

Still cannae believe folk send cash through the post in xmas cards :greengrin

HibbyAndy
29-11-2011, 12:42 PM
You dont need the cash Andy, this is the time of the year when you get your xmas bonus is it not?

Still cannae believe folk send cash through the post in xmas cards :greengrin

Nare kin a :hilarious

Nah its the Polish folk in the mail centre :agree: Mare than half the xmas cards that come to our office are sliced open from knives, Ive got to show the boss before delivering them tae cover ma back :agree:

Still get plenty tips tho :greengrin

jacomo
29-11-2011, 02:32 PM

This is an odd comparison. Strikers always cost the most, and the fee for Fabregas was reduced because he made it clear he only wanted to return home.

Andy Carroll has proved a massive waste of cash so far, though.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2011, 02:42 PM
This is an odd comparison. Strikers always cost the most, and the fee for Fabregas was reduced because he made it clear he only wanted to return home.

Andy Carroll has proved a massive waste of cash so far, though.

He'll come good soon. In fact I expect there will be a lot of celebratory carol related songs in the coming month.

sidjames
29-11-2011, 04:22 PM
He'll come good soon. In fact I expect there will be a lot of celebratory carol related songs in the coming month.

Not in my house.

Yours, Ebenezer

The Green Goblin
29-11-2011, 04:24 PM
The question marks over Carroll are not to do with his ability, but his lifestyle, specifically his drinking.

GG

Onceinawhile
29-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Carroll misses a penalty...

greenlex
29-11-2011, 08:21 PM
The question marks over Carroll are not to do with his ability, but his lifestyle, specifically his drinking.

GG

..........and hs penalty taking.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
:whistle::whistle:

Andy Carroll is absolutely useless:agree:

HibbyAndy
16-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Could you just send the £50 that i won from you to the Dnipro kids via paypal?.. :aok:.

A bets a bet.

VickMackie
16-05-2012, 03:58 PM
How many did he get?

HibbyAndy
16-05-2012, 04:00 PM
6 League goals.

Pete
16-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Could you just send the £50 that i won from you to the Dnipro kids via paypal?.. :aok:.

A bets a bet.

I bet Carrol is wishing the season was just starting. He's only now just starting to put performances together and is looking the real deal.

Just in time for the euros...but too late for the guy who's lost fifty quid!

jgl07
16-05-2012, 04:10 PM
6 League goals.

As many as that?

I though he scored 4 in the League.

he scored 4 in the League Cup and 1 in the FA Cup.

HibbyAndy
16-05-2012, 04:15 PM
As many as that?

I though he scored 4 in the League.

he scored 4 in the League Cup and 1 in the FA Cup.

No sure, Just ken it wasnae 10 League goals.:greengrin

HibeeSince85
16-05-2012, 04:59 PM
A bets a bet Andy so well done bud, I'll pay up, fire you a wee PM the night when I get in.

Carroll's a useless bassa!

Just re- read your post, very nice touch for the kids, top man!

HibbyAndy
17-05-2012, 12:18 PM
A bets a bet Andy so well done bud, I'll pay up, fire you a wee PM the night when I get in.

Carroll's a useless bassa!

Just re- read your post, very nice touch for the kids, top man!

Top man Paul thank you :aok:

Aye i would just lump the £50 on a dead cert bet that loses:greengrin So the Dnipro kids is a much better way to use the cash:agree:

Thanks again Paul.

HibeeSince85
17-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Top man Paul thank you :aok:

Aye i would just lump the £50 on a dead cert bet that loses:greengrin So the Dnipro kids is a much better way to use the cash:agree:

Thanks again Paul.

Aye, a cert like Carroll to score 10 league goals :greengrin

HibbyAndy
17-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Aye, a cert like Carroll to score 10 league goals :greengrin

Am hinking mare like GOC 1st goal 2-0 Hibs :cb: