PDA

View Full Version : Centre Back Pairing?

R'Albin
14-08-2011, 10:47 PM
If O'Hanlon isn't fit next week who would everyone have as our centre half pairing? IMO Stephens and Hanlon are too inexperienced to play together, but I don't know who could fill in? Murray is all I can think of, maybe Palsson but he's inexperienced as well..

Thoughts?

Franck Stanton
14-08-2011, 10:55 PM
O'Hanlon and Palsson would be my choice. Palsson played c/h for Liverpools reserves and lets face it, he couldn't possibly be any worse than the two numpties we had playing there today now can he.

Matty_Jack04
14-08-2011, 11:33 PM
O'Hanlon and Palsson would be my choice. Palsson played c/h for Liverpools reserves and lets face it, he couldn't possibly be any worse than the two numpties we had playing there today now can he.

He was also dire at right back would moving more central make him any better? Ian Murray is finished IMO the sad fact is he's the only one we can try in there, even if o'hanlons fit I believe Stephens and Hanlon would benefit from a spell out the team if we can afford that right now is a different matter

matty_f
14-08-2011, 11:36 PM
I think if O'Hanlon isn't fit then CC should stick with Stephens and Hanlon. As young centre halves, they'll have off days like yesterday, but they should learn from that experience and improve for the next game.

Franck Stanton
14-08-2011, 11:46 PM
He was also dire at right back would moving more central make him any better? Ian Murray is finished IMO the sad fact is he's the only one we can try in there, even if o'hanlons fit I believe Stephens and Hanlon would benefit from a spell out the team if we can afford that right now is a different matter

He had one, yes, ONE, dire game at r/b. Only two weeks ago, against ICT there were plenty of posters on here raving about his performance so, in answer to your question, I do think moving him to c/back would improve him as he has played there quite a few times before.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2011, 11:52 PM
If O'Hanlon's not fit then, until he is, it has to be Hanlon and Stephens.

I don't see any other suitable combination.