PDA

View Full Version : Javan Vidal

james
14-08-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11792_7101893,00.html

(http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11792_7101893,00.html)be a good signing!

frazeHFC
14-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Please please please

Wotherspiniesta
14-08-2011, 08:20 PM
We need experience, not more youngsters.

scuttle
14-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Cant see him coming to us if he watched our game today

PaulSmith
14-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Remember the name whilst at Aberdeen but cannot remember if any good!

sesoim
14-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd rather play Wotherspoon at RB - the only position he is decent in, and use any money we have left to sign a decent quality CB who is experienced and doesn't make a vital mistake every week like our "future Scotland centreback".

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Remember the name whilst at Aberdeen but cannot remember if any good!

:agree: me too...shows how much we are out in the market though...do wonder why he thinks he can merrily name Hibs but not other clubs....

I like the age of player we are aiming at for medium / long term health of club....BUT we need experience in pronto so that we can get progress / confidence up in the short term

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11792_7101893,00.html

(http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11792_7101893,00.html)be a good signing!

Vidal, he will be gone Sasoon

DaveF
14-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Vidal, he will be gone Sasoon

:agree: hair today, gone tomorrow.

scuttle
14-08-2011, 09:09 PM
He would be a goob scalp if we got him

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Good to see we've been combing the leagues

sesoim
14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
:agree: me too...shows how much we are out in the market though...do wonder why he thinks he can merrily name Hibs but not other clubs....

I like the age of player we are aiming at for medium / long term health of club....BUT we need experience in pronto so that we can get progress / confidence up in the short term

John Collins signed loads of young players but where did they all end up? To be fair, Mowbray before him DID sign a few good youngsters. I just don't trust Calderwood to do the right thing.

broonie27
14-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Exactly what we need. Another young, unproven no one.

I had recently re-discovered some hope in CC before yesterday's game but it has ALL gone. Our defence is way too young and slow. This guy is not going to make it much better I fear.

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 09:44 PM
John Collins signed loads of young players but where did they all end up? To be fair, Mowbray before him DID sign a few good youngsters. I just don't trust Calderwood to do the right thing.

Such as :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-08-2011, 09:54 PM
He would be a goob scalp if we got him

Nah, fringe player at best...

Jonnyboy
14-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Nah, fringe player at best...

Yip, he'd get pee'd off and there'd be a parting of the ways

madabouthibs
14-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I had recently re-discovered some hope in CC before yesterday's game but it has ALL gone. Our defence is way too young and slow. This guy is not going to make it much better I fear.

I also had felt a bit upbeat about this season, but to be fair to CC, O'Hanlon's injury couldn't be helped. Hanlon is too young and inexperienced to carry our defence.

smurf
14-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Yip, he'd get pee'd off and there'd be a parting of the ways

Then it would be curtains.

PeterboroHibee
14-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Going by todays performance we need experience and leadership in defence. A 22 year old whos hardly played any football doesnt really strike me as someone who has that. Glad we are still looking for a RB though as Palsson really needs to be back in midfield.

Franck Stanton
14-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd rather play Wotherspoon at RB - the only position he is decent in, and use any money we have left to sign a decent quality CB who is experienced and doesn't make a vital mistake every week like our "future Scotland centreback".

At last, a sensible post, well said mate, agree with every word. :top marksHanlon, is and has been for some time the week link in the centre of our defence, he wasn't the only one responsible today, but I honestly don't see why he is held in such high regard by some on here. IMO a central pairing of O'Hanlon and Palsson is the way to go for rest of season.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2011, 10:58 PM

So who do you suggest we go for?

We don't have the finance or the appeal to go out and sign a top quality right back, a position we desperately need sorted.

Maybe a solid SPL right back? David Van Zanten? Michael Hart? Or perhaps a 'no one' whos had his football educaation at a big club and a bit of experience whilst out on loan is a better bet.

Speedway
14-08-2011, 11:35 PM

Remind me what happened when we *****ed £104,000 per year in wages on a 'proven' right back with SPL and Championship experience?

How old was our CIS Cup Winning Right Back?

As for Vidal, now that he's disclosed he's talking to us, surely we'll give him the brush off.

Or was the 'don't speak a word of this' policy Rod's policy rather than Scott and Fife's?

smurf
15-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Would love this to be true.

Experience is great but Michael Hart isn't and Steven Whittaker was.

fleethibee
15-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Apparently he is in talks with us at the moment although according to the reports he is also speaking to a club from Turkey and other from league one. Never heard of him before but it looks like CC has identified it's a problem contrary to what he has said publicly

MartinfaePorty
15-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Be prepared for a thread merge.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?215656-Javan-Vidal

PC Stamp
15-08-2011, 10:27 AM
He's been made an offer but asked for time to mullet over.

Speedway
15-08-2011, 10:34 AM
He's been made an offer but asked for time to mullet over.

:top marks

JimBHibees
15-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Hopefully he can play in a number of positions so that the manager can perm different players against different teams. :rolleyes: :taxi

Speedway
15-08-2011, 11:09 AM
If it's between us and some Turkish outfit, it will be a delight if they get him and a close shave if they don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javan_Vidal

Played 13 times for the Dons.

2belhaven
15-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Not exactly what we need at Easter Road - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-14239068

LeithBoozy
15-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Did his club tell him to wash and go. TAXI.

Hibby70
15-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Hopefully he's been conditioned the right way, if not then this signing would be a sham. Poo my post all you want but we dont have timo tae muck about with players that arent head and shoulders above whats already at the club. Be better with Charlie Miller in my mind.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anyone seen him play, was he any good?

darwenhibby
15-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Do we really need to sign a right back sasoon

R'Albin
15-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Has anyone seen him play, was he any good?

A couple of sheep fans seem to rate him relatively highly, then again, they rated Zander Diamond highly:greengrin

R'Albin
15-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Do we really need to sign a right back sasoon

Presuming this is tongue in cheek but in case it's not. Yes:greengrin

Gatecrasher
15-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Sheep Fan at my work says he's a decent SPL player

Bayern Bru
15-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Not exactly what we need at Easter Road - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-14239068

Spared jail based on impeccable character. Judge ruled he was provoked and not looking for trouble, rather that trouble found him. Despite it being a despicable act, he's clearly not a thug in the vein of Joey Barton.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Spared jail based on impeccable character. Judge ruled he was provoked and not looking for trouble, rather that trouble found him. Despite it being a despicable act, he's clearly not a thug in the vein of Joey Barton.

Maybe but he did show terrible judgement for a footballer. FFS Rhyl, what the hell is doing in that ****hole?

Keith_M
15-08-2011, 02:00 PM

You're telling me!

"Temple had been taken to a taxi rank and a taxi driver drove her away - with Vidal chasing after the vehicle and attempting to kick at it, said Mr Preston."

He only attempted to kick the Taxi. If he can't manage to kick something that size, what chance does he have with a football?

:bitchy:

Hibiza
15-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Screamiing out for a RB.

Hamish
15-08-2011, 03:27 PM
A couple of sheep fans seem to rate him relatively highly, then again, they rated Zander Diamond highly:greengrin

Off topic, anybody see the highlights of his ''defending'' playing for Oldham on Saturday?.

Dearie, dearie me. :eek:

scuttle
15-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Is it a loan signing or a PERManent one

Diclonius
15-08-2011, 05:13 PM
He was ****ing amazing when I signed him for Motherwell on Football Manager. Get him signed up. :greengrin:

Irish_Steve
15-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Would he gel with the rest of the team tho

scuttle
15-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Wouldnt give you toupee for him

Jonnyboy
15-08-2011, 10:15 PM
[/B]

Off topic, anybody see the highlights of his ''defending'' playing for Oldham on Saturday?.

Dearie, dearie me. :eek:

Showed him up for what he really is - gash! And there were folk on here wanting us to sign him :greengrin

LeithBoozy
15-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I honestly dont think he will fit in, If a bird sticks the head on you in Leith, it means she fancy's you!!!. :greengrin

Speedway
16-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I reckon he's lost his chance by revealing his talks with us. Salon as he does that, Hibs will wash their hands of him and go.

looking at the bird he accosted, she was both hammere dand ruff

Hibs On Tour
17-08-2011, 06:45 AM
:singing: "...and Javan Vidal have just had a child, a lovely girl with a crooked smile, now they gotta split 'cos the Bronx ain't fit, for a kid to grow up in, lets find a place to stay, somewhere far away..."

I'll get my coat... :offski:

Springbank
17-08-2011, 06:55 AM
This fits with CC's squad philosophy.

Get 2 players for each position, some versatile players, then perm 2 from 3.

Springbank
17-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Wouldnt give you toupee for him

to quote austin powers, "Oh Beehive"

matty_f
17-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I think he came up, had a look, then went back comb to think about it.

Disc O'Dave
17-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Hopefully he's not a big softy and is prepared to get stuck in, not afraid of a battle with blood and Gore

There's a novel pun for this thread

forthhibby
17-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Typical hibs.net, everyone getting hairsteryical as soon as a player is linked with hibs in the press

Springbank
17-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Typical hibs.net, everyone getting hairsteryical as soon as a player is linked with hibs in the press that's coz on our side of the city we're always livin la vidal loca

aberhibsfc
17-08-2011, 10:31 AM
This fits with CC's squad philosophy.

Get 2 players for each position, some versatile players, then perm 2 from 3.

Or, take two bottles into the shower, not me, I just look through other peoples lockers.

TBH, we are in dire need of an RB, so I would conceded that this guy probably could do a job.

The team is crying out for experience, which in O'Hanlon, if he's ever fit, will provide. We don't have much leadership anywhere else as the squad's average age is low which obviously lessens the experience available. Murray has got the game time, should be a leader but his appearances look ever increasingly fleeting, plus while he has the experience I'm not sure he has the influence to impose himself on the team.

That said we have quite an experienced front row with Sodje, Agogo and O'Connor with the added bonus that they all look like they can go and score goals over the season.

The flip side is the defensive inconsistancies which no matter how many you bang in up front, if you can't bolt the door at the back we'll come a cropper time and again.

Budget won't allow, but I feel over and above a RB, we need two people in the midfield. One an experienced veteran 'of suitable standard' that can garner these young players with lpenty of potential into a successful machine.

We need an experienced player in centre mid who will nudge his young charges into the right positions and mindsets, someone who can read the game well and influence others. Obviously they got to be able to play a bit too. De Graaf should be the person who should deliver this but I am not sure he can, in fact, he needs to put all his effort into his own game just now. I would also like to see someone creative such as a Latapy, Weir, Crunchie, Zemmama, I know these can be expensive but we need someone to do it. We got Sproule wide or up front, maybe he could provide the carrying side of things centrally, no doubt defenders wouldn't relish him with pace coming at them. I think sometimes when a creative player is wide the defence only have to shield that side, whereas centrally they have to be ready to pounce any direction which given half of them are limbering giants can't be easy. Sproule does have creativity pace etc, not so sure he has the dribbling strengths as the list given. I appreciate these guys can be expensive which is even more gauling when you see what we valued Zemmama at when he went south.

As usual I get carried away, hopefully my ramblings form some sort of coherance.

NOLA
17-08-2011, 11:50 AM
:singing: "...and Javan Vidal have just had a child, a lovely girl with a crooked smile, now they gotta split 'cos the Bronx ain't fit, for a kid to grow up in, lets find a place to stay, somewhere far away..."

I'll get my coat..

. :offski:

There but for the grace of God :thumbsup: not heard that in ages, class:top marks

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 02:29 PM
He is heading to Barnet.

Part/Time Supporter
17-08-2011, 02:59 PM
He is heading to Barnet.

Please stop these dodgy puns.

GloryGlory
17-08-2011, 03:04 PM

As for Hibs' offer, he is away home to mullet over. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
17-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Is this guy going to sign or what. Not heard anything at all since it was on SSN a few days ago.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Comb down mate! :confused:

He's not tall enough anyway and doesn't wear studs.. He's short, black & slides :rolleyes:

sunshine1875
17-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Is this guy going to sign or what. Not heard anything at all since it was on SSN a few days ago.

Typical, hair today gone tomorrow!

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hope they sign him sassoon

EK_Hibs
17-08-2011, 03:43 PM
He's not tall enough anyway and doesn't wear studs.. He's short, black & slides :rolleyes:

I do believe we have a winner. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
17-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Away and bile yer heid.

7 Up
17-08-2011, 03:52 PM
He looks trim enough anyway, not carrying any extra weight.

Stevie Reid
17-08-2011, 03:58 PM

Folk are only Javan a laugh mate

Aubenas
17-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Tongs ya bass :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2011, 04:21 PM
We need him, watching us defend on sunday made me want to curl up and dye.

aberhibsfc
17-08-2011, 04:32 PM
What position does he play, full-back or side-jack?

Shearly Rod Petrie will be scouring his credentials with a fine tooth combe and likely only pay small beard. It might be a close shave, goatee though, could prove a Vidal player.

Youtube clippings anyone?

Speedway
17-08-2011, 04:35 PM
At least he'll offer us something for the weekend.

Hillsidehibby
17-08-2011, 05:08 PM
For shear determination he better be a cut above or he will get the hair dryer treatment.

nonshinyfinish
17-08-2011, 05:18 PM
The usual stuff from the lunatic fringe on here. :rolleyes:

basehibby
17-08-2011, 05:27 PM

(Blow) dry yer eyes :na na:

delbert
17-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Thread on the Bounce quotes CC as saying that we will not be signing a right back, we will work around it and he has something in mind. Pure genius, he knows we don't have a right back but with 2 weeks of the transfer window left, he is'nt going to do anything about it. Well lets hope the thing he has in mind is tendering his resignation to get a manager in who will have time to sign one, just one more crazy decision to add to an ever growing list from this under achiever who is taking our club absolutely nowhere. Oh and by the way Colin, gonnae tell us if you are definitely positively staying? - thought not.

marinello59
17-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Thread on the Bounce quotes CC as saying that we will not be signing a right back, we will work around it and he has something in mind. Pure genius, he knows we don't have a right back but with 2 weeks of the transfer window left, he is'nt going to do anything about it. Well lets hope the thing he has in mind is tendering his resignation to get a manager in who will have time to sign one, just one more crazy decision to add to an ever growing list from this under achiever who is taking our club absolutely nowhere. Oh and by the way Colin, gonnae tell us if you are definitely positively staying? - thought not.

Has anybody got a link to this quote or have seen it in print themselves? I would love to know exactly what he said. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
18-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Calderwood's quotes about a right back were IMO completely posturing to try and get other teams to reduce therir demands for a right back. It sounds like we have been in for Brendan Maloney of Forest and no doubt Ritchie Towell. IMO there is no way a right back wont be brought in this month whether it is first, second or third choice is another matter.

SkintHibby
18-08-2011, 02:40 PM

:agree:

Jim44
18-08-2011, 02:49 PM
The way Calderwood deals with, or conversely fails to deal with, our major problem at the back (right) could turn out to be his Achilles heel, which could boot him out the door in due course (pun intended).

Part/Time Supporter
18-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Away and bile yer heid.

Read it again.

Whoosh...

:wink:

HibbyAndy
18-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Read it again.

Whoosh...

:wink:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hilarious

:embarrass:greengrin

Golden Bear
18-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Has anybody got a link to this quote or have seen it in print themselves? I would love to know exactly what he said. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Sadly I can confirm that I have also heard CC's comments about the right back position. I can't be certain but it may even have been during the course of one of his interviews for Hibs TV.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-08-2011, 03:47 PM
have to say, a lot of these "fringe" guys wanting to go out on loan from bigger clubs are proving mega disappointments. can think of 1 or 2 that have worked out at Hibs, but overall its been crap.
would rather a Scottish boss and good Scottish players.

Thomson
25-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Thought this deal was dead as not heard anything and we've signed towell again on loan but apparently still in talks.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11679_7124805,00.html

stokesmessiah
25-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Thought this deal was dead as not heard anything and we've signed towell again on loan but apparently still in talks.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11679_7124805,00.html

Cant see it.

Maybe his agent trying to get some bargaining power.??

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Towell as a creative midfielder? :confused:

Thomson
25-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Cant see it.

Maybe his agent trying to get some bargaining power.??

Towell as a creative midfielder? :confused:

These were the first two things i thought of too. Think maybe more the bargaining power than the latter though.

sleeping giant
25-08-2011, 09:24 PM

I can't find (well not even looked to be honest) :greengrin the link but i heard him say something along the lines of not looking for a right back as he had options there. I take it his option was Towell

He did say it !

RickyS
25-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I can't find (well not even looked to be honest) :greengrin the link but i heard him say something along the lines of not looking for a right back as he had options there. I take it his option was Towell

He did say it !

he said he had cover within the squad, i remember cos i was ragin:greengrin