PDA

View Full Version : Yams Is this Real ... or is it the end ???

70hibby
14-08-2011, 04:43 PM
No idea if this is real or fake.... but take a look:

Sent to me by an Aberdeen supporting mate.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62243152/HMRC-Insolvency

Sylar
14-08-2011, 04:48 PM

It appears to be genuine - on the Companies House website too.

Here (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3443c3568f79d132c80e3cc6217e23f3/wcprodorder?ft=1)

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I dont know but oh the irony - the insolvency Act 1986....

Which appears to be kosher.

RickyS
14-08-2011, 04:55 PM

here's hoping:aok:

RickyS
14-08-2011, 05:00 PM
It appears to be genuine - on the Companies House website too.

Here (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3443c3568f79d132c80e3cc6217e23f3/wcprodorder?ft=1)

who is it that is bringing the action against them?
in a previous job my employer was in financial trouble for a few years and one of these appeared every few months.
sure they were called winding up petitions tho, can anyone explain the difference?

Thief
14-08-2011, 05:08 PM
There was a post on kickback on Thursday or Friday about it. Was genuine but has apparently been resolved or at the least, an agreement has been reached.

The Falcon
14-08-2011, 05:15 PM
There was a post on kickback on Thursday or Friday about it. Was genuine but has apparently been resolved or at the least, an agreement has been reached.

Think they just pay it and thats it. Bit like the huns. A lot of huffing and puffing and then they cough up. ITs a bit silly to let it get to get to this stage though.

Gus Fring
14-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Would be interesting to know who brought it against them, might give an idea of the size of the problem

MSK
14-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Would be interesting to know who brought it against them, might give an idea of the size of the problemRomanov ..

Caversham Green
14-08-2011, 05:38 PM
who is it that is bringing the action against them?
in a previous job my employer was in financial trouble for a few years and one of these appeared every few months.
sure they were called winding up petitions tho, can anyone explain the difference?

It's HMRC that's raised the petition. This is a petition for administration, which means that HMRC are asking the court to appoint an administrator against HoMFC's wishes. A winding up petition, which HMRC have raised at least twice in the last few years asks the court to close the company down. The company then responds by paying off the debt or going into voluntary administration (as Portsmouth did). I don't know why HMRC have adopted this tactic unless they think there's a real prospect of the action going ahead. The fact that a document has been filed at Companies House means that it is very real and at least as serious as any previous action.

I guess, but don't know, that if HoMFC pay off the debt the petition will be withdrawn but the notice will remain on file at Companies House.

Davy Mac
14-08-2011, 05:52 PM
It's HMRC that's raised the petition. This is a petition for administration, which means that HMRC are asking the court to appoint an administrator against HoMFC's wishes. A winding up petition, which HMRC have raised at least twice in the last few years asks the court to close the company down. The company then responds by paying off the debt or going into voluntary administration (as Portsmouth did). I don't know why HMRC have adopted this tactic unless they think there's a real prospect of the action going ahead. The fact that a document has been filed at Companies House means that it is very real and at least as serious as any previous action.

I guess, but don't know, that if HoMFC pay off the debt the petition will be withdrawn but the notice will remain on file at Companies House.

Good explanation.

Also, I think Romanov is ill-advised to meddle with the HMRC like this as it will make future trading even more difficult by continiually appearing on their radar.

Jamesie
14-08-2011, 05:55 PM
It's years since I looked at any of this stuff but I wouldn't get overly excited about the intimation of HMRC's Petition to Companies House - in terms of Rule 2.3 of the Insolvency (Scotland) Rules 1986 it's normal practice for intimation of any Petition to be made to the Registrar of Companies:

http://www.aib.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Resource/Doc/4/0000881.pdf

The Falcon
14-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Hi Caversham,

The link provided by TSSF to companies house does not show any more of these (other than this one) filed in the companies history so is this an indicator that this is the first time its gone this far?

Gus Fring
14-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I'd assume that they'll get a rather large cash injection from their match against Spurs so will make any impending payments with that cash. I hope its a sign they're scraping the bottom of the barrel now though

lapsedhibee
14-08-2011, 06:19 PM
The link provided by TSSF to companies house does not show any more of these (other than this one) filed in the companies history

But there's a number of references to allotments. Hertz must have to report to Companies House every time they put a manager on gardening leave.

Caversham Green
14-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Caversham,

The link provided by TSSF to companies house does not show any more of these (other than this one) filed in the companies history so is this an indicator that this is the first time its gone this far?

I think so Falcon. The previous winding up petitions would have been withdrawn before the hearing took place (I think the lead time is 21 days) so no documents would be filed at Companies House. I don't know what the procedure is with this type of action, but I would assume that it gives adequate time for agreement to be reached before any notification is filed.

Maybe there are links to be made with the recent late payment of players or even the HMRC investigation that's been going on for the last 2-3 years. No doubt we'll find out in the next few weeks.