PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear Richard Gordon to on the radio today regarding attendances?

SkintHibby
14-08-2011, 04:24 PM
He said the SPL weekend attendance totals only look respectable when one of the old firm, Hearts or ABERDEEN are playing at home!

WTF!!! :clown:

Westie1875
14-08-2011, 04:25 PM
He said the SPL weekend attendance totals only look respectable when one of the old firm, Hearts or ABERDEEN are playing at home!

He is a sheep fan, not surprising.

MSK
14-08-2011, 04:25 PM

WTF!!! :clown:He has a point though doesnt he ..?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2011, 04:26 PM

I think if he looks carefully he'll see that the Dons/Celtic game pulled in less than the Hibs/Celtic game.

SkintHibby
14-08-2011, 04:28 PM
He has a point though doesnt he ..?

How does he? Aberdeen home attendances are woeful.:rolleyes:

ronaldo7
14-08-2011, 04:31 PM
He has a point though doesnt he ..?

The Dons had just under 50,000 less through the turnstiles compared to us last season.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_statistics

Alfred E Newman
14-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Its no wonder and just watch our gates fall this season. Given the dross served up at Easter Road and Pittodrie in recent times a bigger percentage of supporters will have been lost from those clubs than any other.

MSK
14-08-2011, 06:04 PM

The Dons had just under 50,000 less through the turnstiles compared to us last season.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_statisticsSorry ..misread the op ..

Jonnyboy
14-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Actually that's not what he said. He was referring back to when an SPL weekend of fixtures pulled in over 100,000 and in those days the Dons used to get 11 or 12k at home matches

SkintHibby
14-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Actually that's not what he said. He was referring back to when an SPL weekend of fixtures pulled in over 100,000 and in those days the Dons used to get 11 or 12k at home matches

Come to think of it, you might be right!.....was wonderin cause RG does not usually come away with guff comments! Sorry Richard!!!:wink:

Fantic
14-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Aren't one of the OF playing at home every week?

Emerald
14-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Richard Gordon is a tosser with an attitude against Hibs. A fact I know to be true. He will take great delight to make us look like we were lucky to win, not a free kick, fluke goal etc., just listen to him. Hibs are always last (except v the weege) on tv. He comes over like 'Last Call' (for those old enough to remember) but he IS the Devil, trust me. :devil:

Jonnyboy
14-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Richard Gordon is a tosser with an attitude against Hibs. A fact I know to be true. He will take great delight to make us look like we were lucky to win, not a free kick, fluke goal etc., just listen to him. Hibs are always last (except v the weege) on tv. He comes over like 'Last Call' (for those old enough to remember) but he IS the Devil, trust me. :devil:

Has he admitted this to you then? I've met him a number of times and haven't formed that view, in fact when Mowbray was here RG was very complimentary about Hibs and the way they played

Removed
14-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Richard Gordon is a tosser with an attitude against Hibs. A fact I know to be true. He will take great delight to make us look like we were lucky to win, not a free kick, fluke goal etc., just listen to him. Hibs are always last (except v the weege) on tv. He comes over like 'Last Call' (for those old enough to remember) but he IS the Devil, trust me. :devil::confused: ICT v Huns was the last game on tonight

Emerald
14-08-2011, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;2886887]Has he admitted this to you then? I've met him a number of times and haven't formed that view, in fact when Mowbray was here RG was very complimentary about Hibs and the way they played[/QUOTEsource.]

Never met him so maybe speaking out of turn but i HAVE been told this from a very very reliable source. He has nothing good to say about Hibs. Mmmm maybe the truth hurts!

Removed
14-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Never met him so maybe speaking out of turn but i HAVE been told this from a very very reliable source. He has nothing good to say about Hibs. Mmmm maybe the truth hurts!I listen regularly to Richard Gordon on both radio and tv and have found him to be pretty fair and honest about every team, including Hibs. I'd rather listen to him than any of the other presenters/pundits.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;2886887]Has he admitted this to you then? I've met him a number of times and haven't formed that view, in fact when Mowbray was here RG was very complimentary about Hibs and the way they played[/QUOTEsource.]

Never met him so maybe speaking out of turn but i HAVE been told this from a very very reliable source. He has nothing good to say about Hibs. Mmmm maybe the truth hurts!

:confused:

Mibbes Aye
14-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Are there any facts you know not to be true?

That would be far more interesting than anything Richard Gordon has to say about Hibs :agree: :greengrin

Emerald
14-08-2011, 11:13 PM
I listen regularly to Richard Gordon on both radio and tv and have found him to be pretty fair and honest about every team, including Hibs. I'd rather listen to him than any of the other presenters/pundits.
That was my view before i was told otherwise. Just listen to what he has to say on the radio for the next few weeks and you might change your opinion. Never has anything possitive to say about hibs, mind you................!

ballengeich
14-08-2011, 11:21 PM

Does he post on this forum? If so he'll be easy to identify. There will only be about 500 candidates to choose from:greengrin

Removed
14-08-2011, 11:22 PM
That was my view before i was told otherwise. Just listen to what he has to say on the radio for the next few weeks and you might change your opinion. Never has anything possitive to say about hibs, mind you................! After 20 defeats in the last 35 even I would struggle........but I'll listen a bit more closely now cos I think what you're saying is pish tbh. You were told he was anti Hibs and now believe it having not heard it yourself :confused:

IFONLY
14-08-2011, 11:27 PM

What a terrible post filled with opinion rather than fact, take off the green specs and get a life

bob12345
14-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Richard Gordon picks the order of Sportscene's games? "I will have Hibs last and the rest assorted, please".

ArabHibee
15-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Richard Gordon picks the order of Sportscene's games? "I will have Hibs last and the rest assorted, please".:tee hee:

WindyMiller
15-08-2011, 07:04 AM

About the only FACT on this thread.
They were discussing the drop in attendances and Richard said that the weekend's games had brought +/- 80k fans out.
He said that, only a few years ago, that would have been regularly 100k if Hertz and the Dons were both at home as well as 1 OF team.

If, last season, Celtic were at home to Hamilton, Aberdeen to Rangers, and there was an Edinburgh Derby on the same weekend, they would draw more than this weekend's 80k.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Richard Gordon picks the order of Sportscene's games? "I will have Hibs last and the rest assorted, please". and when Hibs are playing Aberdeen, he insists that the special effects boys erase all our players and replace them with Scooby-doo monsters. FACT

s.a.m
15-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I remember hearing Richard Gordon talking about having followed Hibs as a youngster - can't remember the details, and Aberdeen are obviously his team, but I think he said he came to watch because of the football we were playing at the time. So, he may be negative now (and I'm not convinced that he's any more negative than our form justifies), but he doesn't have a lifelong Hibs hatred thing going on.

kennyh
15-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I remember hearing Richard Gordon talking about having followed Hibs as a youngster - can't remember the details, and Aberdeen are obviously his team, but I think he said he came to watch because of the football we were playing at the time. So, he may be negative now (and I'm not convinced that he's any more negative than our form justifies), but he doesn't have a lifelong Hibs hatred thing going on.

I have also heard him state he used to regularly go to Easter Road to watch Hibs, cant remember the period he attended but he has never said anything in my opinion (FACT) against Hibs that we have not thought ourselves.
He is definately the best of that lot.
GGTTH

Don Giovanni
15-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I remember hearing Richard Gordon talking about having followed Hibs as a youngster - can't remember the details, and Aberdeen are obviously his team, but I think he said he came to watch because of the football we were playing at the time. So, he may be negative now (and I'm not convinced that he's any more negative than our form justifies), but he doesn't have a lifelong Hibs hatred thing going on. Yep. I seem to recall RG confessing to having a soft spot for the Cabbage. Think the story was he followed us for a couple of seasons when he was a laddie after we signed one of his favourite players (possibly Harper?). FWIW I reckon RG is one of the more reasonable, balanced pundits and it must be hard to concentrate working alongside so many diddies :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
15-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Do you seriously think that Richard Gordon has any say in the running order of the highlights programme on TV?

007 Mickey Weir
15-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I have to say I like him. Never heard him say anything bad about us. I actually remember the Scotland under 21s game where he was raving about Hibs set up and how amazing the new stand was.