PDA

View Full Version : Do they think they're too good for this division?

Largshibby
14-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I've supported CCs decisions to bring in players with experience of the top 2 divisions in England. It seems the most natural thing to do - bring in the best available / affordable with the best pedigree. But I'm wondering whether these guys (Palsson and Thornhill to name but 2) think football up here is a stroll in the park, based on the SPLs poor reputation down south, and that they don't have to put much of a shift in. I don't know where Killie get their players from but I would be surprised if they have the sort of background that we have been sourcing our players from recently and they simply destroyed us today. I know its early days but we are only the width of an Inverness post away fron being bottom of the league and on top of this (hard though I try) I can't forget the abysmal end to last season.

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 03:39 PM
The new players brought in this year that played were Buijs (Ado Den Haag), Kroca (Luton Town), Mckeown (Ipswich [reserves]), Harkins (Dundee), Heffernan (Sheffield Wednesday), Shiels (Doncaster [on loan]), Galan (Osasuna [on loan])

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 03:41 PM
The new players brought in this year that played were Buijs (Ado Den Haag), Kroca (Luton Town), Mckeown (Ipswich [reserves]), Harkins (Dundee), Heffernan (Sheffield Wednesday), Shiels (Doncaster [on loan]), Galan (Osasuna [on loan])

Was Dayton with you last season?

Sylar
14-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Certainly Heffernan and Harkins both look like very good captures. Sheils had some nice touches when he came on and also still looks capable of causing defenses problems in this league.

Was Dayton at Rugby Park last year VN? I don't recall his name being mentioned much last year (though I confess, I wasn't paying much attention to the SPL last season), but dear goodness he looks a cracking player!

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah Dayton had a good start and end to the season....did his ligaments for the second time in his career a few weeks in to the season.

Signed from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, who he joined after leaving Crystal Palace and not finding a club.

MSK
14-08-2011, 03:44 PM
The new players brought in this year that played were Buijs (Ado Den Haag), Kroca (Luton Town), Mckeown (Ipswich [reserves]), Harkins (Dundee), Heffernan (Sheffield Wednesday), Shiels (Doncaster [on loan]), Galan (Osasuna [on loan])A few good players in amongst that lot ..however ..we made it very easy for them today ..liked the right back though ..decent solid player, defended well & kept it simple ..:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Yeah Dayton had a good start and end to the season....did his ligaments for the second time in his career a few weeks in to the season.

Where did you get him from? Some Killie fan told me afterwards that he was unattached? Is that correct?

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Where did you get him from? Some Killie fan told me afterwards that he was unattached? Is that correct?

I had just edited my post while you were posting that obviously!

I'm not actually sure about Buijs at right back but hes probably the best we've got there. Think he might be pretty good in midfield which is his other position, but don't know if I would drop Pasca or Kelly for him.

[edit] I lied he did find a club when he left Palace where he made 0 appearence he played three games for Bishop's Stortford according to Wikipedia!

Lofarl
14-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Please do us a favour and stick 5 past Hearts next week. Pretty please.

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 03:58 PM
We'll try! :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I had just edited my post while you were posting that obviously!

I'm not actually sure about Buijs at right back but hes probably the best we've got there. Think he might be pretty good in midfield which is his other position, but don't know if I would drop Pasca or Kelly for him.

[edit] I lied he did find a club when he left Palace where he made 0 appearence he played three games for Bishop's Stortford according to Wikipedia!

Dayton looks a great find for you

Davy Mac
14-08-2011, 04:57 PM
No Hibs team should ship 4 goals so early on in a season and especially to one of main rivals for a top half finish.

marinello59
14-08-2011, 05:03 PM
No Hibs team should ship 4 goals so early on in a season and especially to one of main rivals for a top half finish.

Agreed. That will have seriously drained our confidence levels. If the management team can't pick it up for next week I really do fear for us. Sometimes it just isn't so easy to keep the faith.