PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings (Kilmarnock match 14/08/2011)

Sumner
14-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Stack - 6 .. flapped a few, but stopped it being much more
Palsson 3 .. Not a RB, but slow and ball-watched anyway
Stephens 2.. One day this guy will cut out a cross, who knows where, who knows when..
Hanlon 3 .. spineless today Paul, disappointed doesn't sum it up
Booth 3 .. only pass marks going forward - wingers went past him for fun
Murray 4 .. looking deid on his feet in a sinking ship
Wotherspoon 2 Absolutely awful - heidless chicken in NEED of a month in reserves
Sproule 3 .. This is how to tarnish a reputation built on an Ibrox glory day
Thornhill 3 ... Nothing of note, make a tackle some day ?
Stevenson 3 .. managed to run past most things, should take up dodgeball
O'Connor 6 .. sublime goal, it will be lost in history of a truly woeful team performance

Agogo 3 .. put himself about, but nothing clicked
Osbourne 3 .. got to start next game - in place of Spoony please!
Airey 3 .. must be glad he's only stuck with these players for 6 months.

Calderwood 2 .. for the job offers he should have jumped at.

we are hibs
14-08-2011, 02:06 PM
stack 6- got let down by the defence
pallson 4- bad performance not a right back
stephans 2- worst center half performance i have seen in a while
hanlon 3- does not cut it for me a senter back
booth 4 - gave the ball away too many times
thornhill 5- could not get into the game but tried to get into the game
stevenson 3- poor passing and not had a good game in a long time
sproule 4 - could not get down the wings easy i think the speed has gone a bit
murray 5- tried like thornhill but gave away too many free kicks
wotherspoon 1- worst performance i have saw from him
o'connor 6- great goal and looked our best player 1st half

subs-
agogo 6 - looked lively and looks a good signing
osbourne 6- looked solid and almost every pass forward
airey- 5 - did not get long enough

RoxburghHibs
14-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Stack - 6 .. Stopped the scoreline being even worse
Palsson 5 .. Had a poor game - but he is only 19 and was out of position
Stephens 4.. I (previously) liked the look of this young lad. He had a stinker today
Hanlon 4 .. Not been playing well for aq while now.
Booth 4 .. A lot is expected of him but he is only 18. His poorest performance by a mile.
Murray 4 .. Did really see him getting stuck in as was needed.
Wotherspoon 3 .. He has been awful for about 6 months. Again a young lad who needs to get his confidence back.
Sproule 5 .. I still think Ivan is an impact player coming off the bench. Ok first half poor second.
Thornhill 4 .. Not the creative midfielder we need/hoped for
Stevenson 4. Didn't add anything to the team.
O'Connor 6 .. Our best player (cracking goal).
Subs:
Agogo 5
Osbourne 5 ..
Airey 5 .. Can't really judge them on this performance (hence average 5 mark) but I'd be tempted to start them all next week.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Stack-6 Not much of a chance with any of the goals. Had a few iffy moments but nothing too serious.

Booth-5 Torrid afternoon up against Dayton.
Hanlon-4 Part of a shocking defensive unit.
Stephens-4 See Hanlon.
Palsson-5 Poor afternoon.

Sproule-5 One of his biggest fans but he had a poor game. Lucky to stay on the park after his petulent kick at Kilmarnock player.
Stevenson- 3 Ineffective and subbed at half time.
Murray- 4 Ineffective.
Thornhill-3 Ineffective and subbed at half time.
Wotherspoon-4 Another dismal afternoon and lucky to avoid a second yellow card before being subbed.

O'Connor-6 Worked hard in difficult circumstances and scored an excellent goal.

SUBS

Osbourne-4 Showed a few signs of promise. Will be interesting to see how he does once he's familiar with team-mates etc.
Agogo-4 Looked lively.
Airey-3 Game was finished by the time he came on.

Wotherspiniesta
14-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Stack 6

Palsson- 2
Stephens- 2
Hanlon- 2
Booth- 4

Wotherspoon- 2
Murray- 3
Stevenson- 2
Thornhill- 3
Sproule- 5

O'Connor- 6

Osbourne- 6
Agogo- 3

matty_f
14-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Stack - 6 Can't think of how he could have done better at the goals, but didn't inspire his usual confidence today.
Booth - 5 Nowhere near the level he's capable of. Poor defending and lacked urgency and purpose going forward.
Hanlon - 4 Struggling to think of a tactful way to describe how he played today.
Stephens 4 - As above. Neither he nor Hanlon took charge and as a result Killie strolled through the defence at will.
Palsson - 5 Don't think he was at fault for any of the goals, but didn't really impose himself on the game at all.
Wotherspoon - 2 gets the 2 marks for playing in O'Connor for the goal, but practically everything else he did had a detrimental impact on the team. Needs a break from the first team.
Stevenson - 1 Did nothing. Saw him give the ball away once but for someone given the responsibility of stopping Killie playing, you'd have to say that it was one of the most epic fails you'll see. Subbed at half time, which was about 45 minutes too late.
Murray -3 more involved that Stevenson but totally ineffective as well. Didn't protect the back four, didn't support the strikers, didn't get on the ball and play it wide to the wingers. Didn't do anything particularly well today.
Thornhill - 2 didn't get on the ball much, wasn't given the ball much by Stevenson and Murray to be fair to him. He'll need to be much more pro-active in getting on the ball if he is to influence games in any way.
Sproule - 4 for working hard, did not really do anything with the ball when he had it though. Was unlucky with one shot across goal when the game was already well beyond us.
O'Connor - 6 worked hard and took his goal really well. Looks fit and is a handful for defenders. Needs much better service than was given to him today.

Subs

Agogo 6 still short of match fitness but showed what kind of a player he'll be. Think he could link up well with Sodje, O'Connor or Airey over the season.
Osbourne - 6 decent second half from him, other than one terrible shot. Passed the ball well and got about the pitch. Relatively pleased with his contribution.
Airey - not really fair to give a mark under the circumstances. Never really had time to do anything.

lucky
14-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Stack 6-- Decent enough game

Palsson- 3 tried but not a RB
Stephens- 2 No positional sense
Hanlon- 2 needs an experience CH beside him
Booth- 3 turn inside out by Dayton

Wotherspoon- 1 rubbish contributed nothing bar a few daft free kicks
Murray- 1 did nothing in the game. Too slow
Stevenson- 2 Lord Lucan showed up more
Thornhill- 2 never in the game
Sproule- 5 thought he was ok. Some poor passes

O'Connor- 5 good goal but his over all performance was not great

Osbourne- 6 liked the look of him
Agogo- 3 showed some promise
Airey 3 not long enough to judge

CC 4 stuck with a winning team but made the changes that were required but clock is ticking on him as the manager

silverhibee
14-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Stack. 5

Pallson 4
Hanlon 2
Sephens 2
Booth 4

Wotherspoon 1
Murray 4
Thornhill 1
Stevenson 2
Sproule 3

O'Connor 5

Subs.
Agogo 2
Osbourne 2
Airey 2

sparkiedelpaco7
14-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Stack - 6

Palsson - 5
Stephens - 4
Hanlon - 4
Booth - 5

Sproule - 6
Thornhill - 6
Murray - 6
Stevenson - 4
Wotherspoon - 5

O'Connor - 7

Subs

Agogo - 6
Osbourne - 5

Elephant Stone
14-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Stack: 5

Booth: 3- Opposing winger had a cracking game but this was Booth's worst performance thus far.
Hanlon: 2
Stephens: 2 Positioning was horrific. Looked totally out of his depth but I'm confident he will be more than capable in time.
Palsson: 4

Wotherspoon: 1 What's going on?
Thornhill: 3- If he's going to be our playmaker then he needs to be in possession at least occasionally.
Stevenson 3
Murray- 5/6
Sproule 2- Never looked a threat in the slightest.

O'Connor: 7- Gave everything, looked desperate to get on the ball at all times. Brilliant goal.
--------------------------------------------

Osbourne: 5- Looks promising.
Agogo: 5 - Didn't get involved enough to reveal much, not a bad run towards the end.
Airey- Nae time.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Stack - 6 .. flapped a few, but stopped it being much more
Palsson 3 .. Not a RB, but slow and ball-watched anyway
Stephens 2.. One day this guy will cut out a cross, who knows where, who knows when..
Hanlon 3 .. spineless today Paul, disappointed doesn't sum it up
Booth 3 .. only pass marks going forward - wingers went past him for fun
Murray 4 .. looking deid on his feet in a sinking ship
Wotherspoon 2 Absolutely awful - heidless chicken in NEED of a month in reserves
Sproule 3 .. This is how to tarnish a reputation built on an Ibrox glory day
Thornhill 3 ... Nothing of note, make a tackle some day ?
Stevenson 3 .. managed to run past most things, should take up dodgeball
O'Connor 6 .. sublime goal, it will be lost in history of a truly woeful team performance

Agogo 3 .. put himself about, but nothing clicked
Osbourne 3 .. got to start next game - in place of Spoony please!
Airey 3 .. must be glad he's only stuck with these players for 6 months.

Calderwood 2 .. for the job offers he should have jumped at.

Agree with most although GOC is one of the most immobile centre forwards I have ever seen, so would give him a 4....

Albion Hibs
14-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Stack-6 - Did not have a great deal to do other than pick the ball out of the net. Looked suspect for a few crosses and did not seem to organise the back four as well as he usual does - you can usual hear him from the other end of the pitch, but seemed quite today.

Booth-3 - Seems like his inability to head a ball is now being exposed. Got well and truely felt up today.
Hanlon-3 - Just a really bad day at the office
Stephens-4 - looked a bit lost at times, but did well at times when there wide players could have exposed him.
Palsson- 4 - Not a good day, there left midfielder really seemed to enjoy playing against him.

Sproule-5 - Worked hard and got a few good balls into the box, seems to find himself out of position quite a bit eg the first goal.
Stevenson- 3 - Not a good game, robbed not long before half time and just about cost us a goal.
Murray- 5 - Was the only player that seemed to work between the two boxes. Tried but most of the game seem to avoid the middle and go down the lines.
Thornhill-3 Did not really do anything.
Wotherspoon-3 - Was surprised to see him in the second half gave away very costly free kicks and is lacking in pace massively.

O'Connor-6 Worked hard scored a good goal.

SUBS

Osbourne-4 - A stronger solution to Stevenson at this moment in time, too early to judge.
Agogo-4 Looked like a strong player, would be good to see him up front with o'connor
Airey-3 - stupid run just about cost us another goal, but game was well over by that point anyway.

A bad defensive display, started well then gifted them a goal in the opening moments with their first attack after getting ourselves back into the game, we then chucked away another sloppy goal before half time.

A bad day at the office, I believe we are a lot better than that and I am expecting the starting 11 to prove me right next week.

Golden Bear
14-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Stack-6 - Did not have a great deal to do other than pick the ball out of the net. Looked suspect for a few crosses and did not seem to organise the back four as well as he usual does - you can usual hear him from the other end of the pitch, but seemed quite today.

Booth-3 - Seems like his inability to head a ball is now being exposed. Got well and truely felt up today.
Hanlon-3 - Just a really bad day at the office
Stephens-4 - looked a bit lost at times, but did well at times when there wide players could have exposed him.
Palsson- 4 - Not a good day, there left midfielder really seemed to enjoy playing against him.

Sproule-5 - Worked hard and got a few good balls into the box, seems to find himself out of position quite a bit eg the first goal.
Stevenson- 3 - Not a good game, robbed not long before half time and just about cost us a goal.
Murray- 5 - Was the only player that seemed to work between the two boxes. Tried but most of the game seem to avoid the middle and go down the lines.
Thornhill-3 Did not really do anything.
Wotherspoon-3 - Was surprised to see him in the second half gave away very costly free kicks and is lacking in pace massively.

O'Connor-6 Worked hard scored a good goal.

SUBS

Osbourne-4 - A stronger solution to Stevenson at this moment in time, too early to judge.
Agogo-4 Looked like a strong player, would be good to see him up front with o'connor
Airey-3 - stupid run just about cost us another goal, but game was well over by that point anyway.

A bad defensive display, started well then gifted them a goal in the opening moments with their first attack after getting ourselves back into the game, we then chucked away another sloppy goal before half time.

A bad day at the office, I believe we are a lot better than that and I am expecting the starting 11 to prove me right next week.

Next week is one of these rare Saturday 3 o'clock kick offs and I must have masochist tendancies as I'm looking forward to it already.

Dunbar Hibee
14-08-2011, 03:17 PM
**** me, didn't even realise Thornhill was playing.

GreenOnions
14-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree with much of the above but think the comments on Booth are wide of the mark. Dayton looks a very good player but I watched the game today and, although he looked dangerous, he got past Calum on two occasions only - one resulted in hanlon's own goal and the other in Wotherspoon picking up a booking for bringing Dayton down on the dge of the box.

Dayton got rave reviews from the commentary team - but a significant part of that would be due to his free kick which was the all important third goal. Overall - I'd say his battle agianst Booth was one of the few today that was about even.

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Having now seen it I agree that O'Connor scored a good goal...(missed the first Killie goal and yours because I was still doing turnstiles) but didn't think he was that great overall, although as said he did work hard

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree with much of the above but think the comments on Booth are wide of the mark. Dayton looks a very good player but I watched the game today and, although he looked dangerous, he got past Calum on two occasions only - one resulted in hanlon's own goal and the other in Wotherspoon picking up a booking for bringing Dayton down on the dge of the box.

Dayton got rave reviews from the commentary team - but a significant part of that would be due to his free kick which was the all important third goal. Overall - I'd say his battle agianst Booth was one of the few today that was about even.

Dayton ripped Booth apart all game.....A player who had no club, was found by Killie from Hoddle's Academy......

IFONLY
14-08-2011, 03:47 PM

I must have attended a totally different game from you.IMO Dayton ripped Booth up for a**e paper and gave him a lesson he will never forget. I cant understand why full backs give opposing wingers so much room when they are supposed to be marking them. Booth must have known very early in the game that he was up against a fast player, but he didnt take heed.

Gala Foxes
14-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Stevenson + Thornhill - 1 , missing in action
Hanlon - 2 - shocking at 1st goal
Sproule - 2 - a legend from 2005/2006 but no impact today at all

hibbygraham
14-08-2011, 03:55 PM
A few points:

I've yet to see anything of Palsson which indicates his being a quality footballer. Despite playing in what is apparently an unfamiliar position, he's consistently displayed no pace, little awareness, poor distribution and a propensity to tackle rashly; none of these should be attributed to any competent player, regardless of his preferred position. Sadly it seems to be indicative of our inability to perform any of the basics throughout the team.

Wotherspoon's only period of good form thus far in the first-team - in which he has been involved for more than two seasons - coincided with his playing at right-back during the first-half season of Hughes' reign. Played anywhere else he has been very poor and, generally, anonymous. Go figure.

Stephens just doesn't seem to have it. He's an effective stopper when the game is played in front of him; but, for everything else, he displays a total lack of awareness, positional sense and, crucially, pace. Any centre-forward worth his salt should have Stephens on toast for this last deficient attribute alone.

Hanlon needs someone good beside him; he's not had a competent, experienced partner to guide him through games since his breakthrough, and it shows. But there IS a good player in there; of that I'm convinced.

We need a playmaker desperately. On that evidence, Thornhill cannot impose himself adequately, as was painfully evident when contrasted with the brilliant impact of Killie's playmaker, Dayton. O'Connor, I thought, lead the line well, but the non-existent midfield leaves us both exposed at the back and having to resort to route-one to get the ball to our strikers: a system which clearly isn't working.

On a positive note, I thought Osbourne looked composed and Agogo knew where the goal was. The paucity of creativity, however, is painful to watch.

lumbo_hfc
14-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Stack 5, couldn't do much for the goals, couple of good saves, bit dodgy at crosses a couple of times!

Booth 2, his worst performance to date, winger went past him with ease countless times.
Stephens 2, needs to unhook the caravan from his fat arse, shocking game, basic mistakes, not the answer to our defensive problems!
Hanlon 2, see above!! Slower than me, poor in the air, terrible positioning for nearly all goals, unlucky with o.g!
Palsson 4, Not a right back, defended better than the rest of the defence, poor performance by his standards, doesn't help when u have to play behind sproule! Would rather see him back in the midfield or tried in centre half as he attacks the ball well and has pace!

Stevenson 1, quite happily not see him play for his again, gives us nothing, can't pass or tackle, not spl class!
Murray 3, slightly better than Stevenson, distribution is terrible, not a midfielder, would rather see him centre half than they 2 clowns!
Sproule 3, couple of decent crosses, apart from that didn't get involved in the game at all! Think his touch has got worse!
Wotherspoon 3, offers very little, has done for about a year and a half now! Don't know why he persists with him!
Thornhill 1, can't remember him touching the ball. Looked good in pre season, not cut out for spl, doesn't get the time he needs on the ball, another one that's slower than me and needs to lay off the pies!!

O'connor 5, great goal, no service from rest of team, must be frustrated!

Subs osbourne, showed signs of being a good player, the sooner he's match fit the better, must be wondering what he's got himself in for!
Agogo, pinged his first touch out the park didn't do much else, could have played spoony through at one point but took a shot on, need to see more!
Airey, not much time to make impact, think it was him who lost ball for last goal whilst trying to dribble in own half! Need to see more!

Some scores may seem harsh but the performance was humpty against an average killie side we made look like Barcelona!

Gala Foxes
14-08-2011, 04:11 PM
the free kick goal had echoes of Cubillas for Peru against Alan Rough in 1978 in terms of Stack's movement, or lack of it - however the culprit for that goal was not Stack but Wotherspoon with a clumsy piss poor "challenge" in a dangerous area

GreenOnions
14-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I must have attended a totally different game from you.IMO Dayton ripped Booth up for a**e paper and gave him a lesson he will never forget. I cant understand why full backs give opposing wingers so much room when they are supposed to be marking them. Booth must have known very early in the game that he was up against a fast player, but he didnt take heed.

I agree that he looked dangerous but, if you look at the game again, you will see that he took the ball past Booth on only two occasions. The first of these two wasn't until just before half time and it led to their second goal. Them's the facts IMHO. Palsson on the other hand ......

hibsbollah
14-08-2011, 08:11 PM
GOC is one of the most immobile centre forwards I have ever seen, so would give him a 4.... You are one of the worst splaffers of pish posters I have yet come across...i give you a 1.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 08:13 PM
You are one of the worst splaffers of pish posters I have yet come across...i give you a 1.

Really??? I presume you were not at Rugby Park Today ?

hibsbollah
14-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Really??? I presume you were not at Rugby Park Today ? Why? Did you do something good?

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Why? Did you do something good?

I'll take that as a no then....If you had seen it, you would have seen the lack of mobility from GOC, and don't get me started on his first touch.....Yet you dare to call me a spraffer......Quality......

hibsbollah
14-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll take that as a no then....If you had seen it, you would have seen the lack of mobility from GOC, and don't get me started on his first touch.....Yet you dare to call me a spraffer......Quality...... You were pish.

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Agree with most although GOC is one of the most immobile centre forwards I have ever seen, so would give him a 4....

You are one of the worst splaffers of pish posters I have yet come across...i give you a 1.

FWIW, GOC is not immobile and I was at the match. Well taken goal and with someone beside him* he'll do well

*yeah Agogo played alongside him 2nd half but they need time to work together

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 08:28 PM
You were pish.

Whatever, You can play keyboard games if it floats your boat..... Im not getting involved.....

hibsbollah
14-08-2011, 08:41 PM
60+ hibs goals...compare him to Hurtado,Power, etc, but 'hes one of the most immobile centre forwards we've ever had'?

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2011, 08:47 PM
60+ hibs goals...compare him to Hurtado,Power, etc, but hes one of the most immobile centre forwards we've ever had. Youre a bedwetter.

aye OK then...... I am talking about him now, not what he done before leaving....

What's with the bedwetting pish???

spike220
15-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Really??? I presume you were not at Rugby Park Today ?

Away with you doom and gloom merchant, GOC was all class. Seen him take an the back line single handed more than once and his goal was a corker. Easily one of the best strikers in the SPL, we are very fortunate to have him.

GGTTH

ForeverHibs93
15-08-2011, 09:16 AM
How is Stephens getting a harsher time than Hanlon? I must of been watching a different game, Hanlon was dreadful, admittedly Stephens wasn't much better but Hanlon was without a doubt worse IMO!

truehibernian
15-08-2011, 09:45 AM
As with all footballers, young Hanlon has good attributes and bad. Yesterday he, along with I would say Booth, Palsson and Wotherspoon, had a simply awful day at the office. He has had some really good performances prior to that though and is still learning his art, up against new strikers. Heffernan has been around a long time and fans sometimes lose sight of the fact that experience does count for a lot. It's not the first young centre half that's been given a wee lesson in positioning by an old head centre forward.

Paul's main weakness, for me, is that he momentarily loses his man in games and ball watches, and plays a few yards off the striker instead of being tight to him. The gap in between him and Stephens was cruelly exposed, but it's not the first time. It's an easy weakness to sort though IMHO, and not the end of the world, nor does it make him a bad player.

I was very harsh with my criticism of Hanlon last season as I didn't think he was learning quick enough. But humble pie time, he has.....he has bulked up a bit, is a bit stronger in the tackle, doesn't concede as much outside the area, and his ability on the deck is superb for a centre half. He just needs to practice his positioning when the game is in front of him, and reduce the yardage between him and his partner in the middle of defence. Concentration is key.

For me I don't know why more people haven't picked up on Victor Palsson's attitude and performance yesterday. A player who simply didn't want to be there IMHO........quite shameful the way he trotted back instead of busting a gut. Lost his man, didn't track, marked no one and in general was as poor a showing I have seen from a full back in a long time. Boothy may have been rinsed a few times, but he was as ever always looking for the ball, getting forward and getting some balls into the box. I can't recall Victor getting up the flank once in the entire 90 minutes. Shocking from the big fella and his attitude needs a rocket up his behind.