PDA

View Full Version : The curse of East Mains?

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Not even half fit in my book, played and passed off the park by a very average but workmanlike Killie team, ever since we moved there our fitness levels have been shocking but to fair there were at least 6 players not fit to wear the jersey.

Abysmal doesn't even come close.

bobbyhibs1983
14-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I dont think its a "curse" so to speak but id o wonder what goes on sometimes.We are told and im sure there have been posts about people being shown around and as far as i recall east mains mains looks great and has great this and great that.

So am i the only one who tihnks not enough is being done there?

As HIBERNIAN-0762 says fitness doesn't seem good, why is fitness not good? i remeber when JC was here we had a fitness coach who was well thought of, is he still about?or do we have a new one?

I do hope things happens and the players get there fingers out and practice and practice and get fitter.
I know fitness is not the be all and end all, but it sure does help.
I tihnk everyone agrees that the purpose of east mains is to make an average/good player of hibs better and fitter.

joe breezy
14-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Gullane sand dunes should be our training ground :)

Ozyhibby
14-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Our fitness has been poor since Collins left.

joe breezy
14-08-2011, 02:34 PM
If John Collins had been given some cash....

cocopops1875
14-08-2011, 03:05 PM
The fitness coach was some French boy worked with a few teams and ran the conditioning at the pre season camp , he also did some consultancy after pre season

ronaldo7
14-08-2011, 03:08 PM
The fitness coach was some French boy worked with a few teams and ran the conditioning at the pre season camp , he also did some consultancy after pre season

Roger Propos:agree:

Triple training sessions

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm glad everyone agrees! here's me thinking it was just me! :rolleyes:

As one of the posters has said, Gullane dunes AND Arthurs Seat!

RickyS
14-08-2011, 03:52 PM
these clowns are far too pampered. i would have them back in public parks as on a saturday they play
like thats where they are:rolleyes:

MSK
14-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm glad everyone agrees! here's me thinking it was just me! :rolleyes:

As one of the posters has said, Gullane dunes AND Arthurs Seat!Nowt to do wi East mains then ..?...more to the point we should build big hills made o sand ..

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2011, 05:05 PM
i do think that now and again they should be taken to connect with their public. Esp. if we have a stinker against the Yams just to remind them of the connection and what it means.

marinello59
14-08-2011, 05:07 PM
A bit off topic but I love the thread title. Sounds like a spoof Sherlock Holmes type thing.

The Falcon
14-08-2011, 05:16 PM

He was..............he bought crap..................

Davy Mac
14-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Nowt to do with the East Mains.

It's perhaps the leadership within it that makes the difference.

And right now it's extremely questionable IMO

Lago
14-08-2011, 05:22 PM

He was, he didn't spend it very well.

banarc7062
14-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Nae point in frettin over our crap ongoing performances; duff managers etc. It's only a game. Lets get down to East Stirling level where its only a case of providing the opposition with never a thought of victory or winning anything.:wink:

sauzee6_2
14-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Who is our fitness coach?? Think it's about time he is named and shamed!!

Matty_Jack04
14-08-2011, 07:04 PM
You can have the best facilities in the world it means F all if you don't have the staff to utilise it

The coaching staff has barely changed since Mowbray was in charge ( barring evans and Thompson) 3 managers have been and gone in the same time, as far as I'm concerned when a manager fails so does his team of coaches.

I think there's a comfort zone so to speak set in with all involved at east mains and it's in desperate need of shaking up

sahib
15-08-2011, 07:24 AM
You can have the best facilities in the world it means F all if you don't have the staff to utilise it

The coaching staff has barely changed since Mowbray was in charge ( barring evans and Thompson) 3 managers have been and gone in the same time, as far as I'm concerned when a manager fails so does his team of coaches.

I think there's a comfort zone so to speak set in with all involved at east mains and it's in desperate need of shaking up

That can't be right, shirley?

I think people have watched the match and jumped to the conclusion fitness is the problem and in the case of Osbourne and Aggo that might well be true. I wonder, however, if what we were seeing was the effect of a team moving into space and passing well, obviously playing in a way they consistently do. We on the other hand were left with no passing options and were easily closed down as a result and chasing back when beaten by a well placed pass.

NeilOrrSquareBa
15-08-2011, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;2886093] played and passed off the park by a very average but workmanlike Killie team QUOTE]

Sorry but we must’ve been watching different matches. Killie were direct, incisive and gave us a problem every time they had the ball. Hibs on the other hand laboured to get through the Killie defence and often turned back and quite often our midfielders passed the ball to the opposition. We were gash! Their right winger creamed Booth who was given poor protection by Wotherspoon and the decision making by the team was very poor.

It was a doing and it could've been worse. The only redeeming feature from the game for Hibs was O'Connor's goal. The whole team needs to have a look at themselves. Sproule could've been sent off for his fit of petulance at the end, about the only time we saw he was on the park!! Professional players? I don't think so!

BS44
15-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Our fitness has been poor since Collins left.

Hibs net myth.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-08-2011, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;2886093] played and passed off the park by a very average but workmanlike Killie team QUOTE]

Sorry but we must’ve been watching different matches. Killie were direct, incisive and gave us a problem every time they had the ball. Hibs on the other hand laboured to get through the Killie defence and often turned back and quite often our midfielders passed the ball to the opposition. We were gash! Their right winger creamed Booth who was given poor protection by Wotherspoon and the decision making by the team was very poor.

It was a doing and it could've been worse. The only redeeming feature from the game for Hibs was O'Connor's goal. The whole team needs to have a look at themselves. Sproule could've been sent off for his fit of petulance at the end, about the only time we saw he was on the park!! Professional players? I don't think so!

Considering they hadn't won a game in 10 it was obvious to me that their losing streak would end after playing us, if you think they were "direct" and "incisive" then it was surely due due to the fact that we let them be "direct and incisive", agree with everything else you said :wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't believe we are any fitter or less fit than any team in the SPL. We will have done all the pre season training, we will have done all the tests they do, and each player will have been monitored separately.

For me its all about ability and desire, we have a couple of players who would break down a wall for the team, not enough imo especially when you consider their ability.

ahibby
15-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Is the reason not to do with there being too many young inexperienced players in our starting eleven? Booth, Stevens, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Pallson coupled to some experienced players who aren't all that good or not very good role models, O'Connor, Murray, Sproule. Add to that new players who haven't gelled yet then we are not looking to clever. Hopefully after a short time they will all click together but we need O'Hanlon to stay fit to run the back. Murrays days are behind him IMO, although yesterday wasn't down to one man, the right man could make a difference.

Speedway
15-08-2011, 10:42 AM

He just given just short of £1.2m

We got Maka, O'Brien, Kerr, Noubissie, MAC, HKT and other hall of shamers for the money.

Leishy1995
15-08-2011, 10:55 AM
The posters saying gullane beach, that's where my team have been training, fittest we've been IMO. Hibs were chasing shadows against Killie, the footballing styles were so different it was unreal, they played with a philospohy that Mixu installed into them but not us. We just didn't turn up.