PDA

View Full Version : To a Man WOEFUL

Sammy7nil
14-08-2011, 12:59 PM
If you need a win to break a bad run just play Hibs

If Killie had have scored EIGHT Hibs could not have complained.

I do not know where we go from here but lose an Early goal at Tynie and ANY score is possible with this defence.

Calderwood has done NOTHING to suggest he is the man to change Hibs fortunes.

Hibs as usual confirm they are a VERY SOFT TOUCH

Negative post - yes
Honest - yes

Nakedmanoncrack
14-08-2011, 01:03 PM

I do not know where we go from here but lose an Early goal at Tynie and ANY score is possible with this defence.

Negative post - yes
Honest - yes

Can't disagree with any of that, hard to see anything but another relegation struggle this season.

zero-seven
14-08-2011, 01:03 PM
just had the misfortune of watching us getting passed off the park...seemed we were clueless, out of condition and chasing shadows....

embarassment of the highest order..could have been 6 or 7

they were so much better than us to a man

EK_Hibs
14-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Negative post - yes
Honest - yes

Good post.

Calderwood is not the man for Hibs. Sad but true.

gillythehibby
14-08-2011, 01:11 PM
We still canny defend and that's it in a nutshell. I looked at the back four last week and feared we would struggle this season. How ironic our last 2 managers canny sort out the defence !! CC said this week we don't need another right back ! oh REMOVED really colin. As for stevens, No ready yet. We need this sorted now or more of last season on the way.

Violater
14-08-2011, 01:12 PM
The defence is probably the worst defence i have seen at Hibs. CC needs to sign a right back and a centre half preferably ones with good experience. That was just to easy for Killie.

:confused:

Sammy7nil
14-08-2011, 01:13 PM
BBC radio

Scathing of HIBS

"The worst Hibs team they can recall"

"Hibs fans should be very worried and concerned"

Diclonius
14-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome back guys! :thumbsup:

Hibstrooper
14-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Talk about over-reaction!

Yes we were poor, especially defensively however it's one game. We are building a team, CC has already said there will be days like these on the road. Had we got the equaliser when we were on top in second half there is every chance we would have pushed on and won.

Dinnae write us off just yet however don't expect us to be bossing games away from home either.

Hiber-nation
14-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Yes we were poor, especially defensively however it's one game. We are building a team, CC has already said there will be days like these on the road. Had we got the equaliser when we were on top in second half there is every chance we would have pushed on and won.

Dinnae write us off just yet however don't expect us to be bossing games away from home either.

We've just got horsed by a team who haven't won in yonks. And who missed an open goal. Ok it'll get better but that performance defensively was totally unacceptable and proves that CC hasn't done a thing to improve our organisation there.

Sprouleflyer
14-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Somebody remind me what budget Killie work to? It must be twice ours!

Utter crap yet again, totally played off the park yet again, unfit looking team yet again!

I now know what CC stands for......Clueless Colin!

But hey, it's still early in the season, we will get better.........won't we?

scuttle
14-08-2011, 01:18 PM
If Calderwood has a clue about football he should get two centre halfs before the window closes,Back four an absolute shambles Hanlon must be the most overated player at Hibs,Stephens [well] Booth taken to the cleaners Palsson out his depth in defence. Hate to say it but Ian Murray is done,Spoony and Stevenson game passed then by Its time to start with the new signings Osbourne looked ok Oconnors finish was great apart from that we were bullied ,outfought outpassed and outclassed. Im not a gloom and doomer nor a happy clapper but a realist and realistically this is going to be avery long season. We are lightweight ,powderpuff call it what you want but we have big problems,one lucky win at Inverness does not solve the problems. CC get it sorted or GTF,

hibsbollah
14-08-2011, 01:20 PM
The defence has looked ALOT better against Celtic, ICT and Sunderland. One bad game today but I think theres some ridiculous overreaction. Not that thats any surprise.

Sprouleflyer
14-08-2011, 01:21 PM

:faf: Never in a million years would we have won that game, Killie were all over us and only because they took the foot of the gas once the 4th goal went in we are lucky we are not moaning about a 6, 7-1 defeat!

wick hibby
14-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Men against boy killie:not worth:not worth if hibs thy play like that again we r doomed

One Day
14-08-2011, 01:22 PM
BBC radio

Scathing of HIBS

I'm very worried and very concerned

scuttle
14-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Anybody thinking its over reaction are easily pleased

Hibstrooper
14-08-2011, 01:26 PM
We've just got horsed by a team who haven't won in yonks. And who missed an open goal. Ok it'll get better but that performance defensively was totally unacceptable and proves that CC hasn't done a thing to improve our organisation there.

Is this not the same defence who were getting massive plaudits against Sunderland?

I'm not debating it was poor today however at one point the game could have went either way, killie got the third and our heads went down. Despite the scoreline a lot of it was better than what we saw last season and that was with us having a poor game.

As I said on another thread a CH needs to be a priority though

Sammy7nil
14-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Calderwood "we could have lost any number of goals today"
"This happens to the best of teams" - not week after week it doesn't colin.

CC comes across as he really does not have a clue

Westie1875
14-08-2011, 01:28 PM
BBC radio

Scathing of HIBS

Sensationalist nonsense as usual from them, I have seen much worse Hibs performances than that.

Hiber-nation
14-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Is this not the same defence who were getting massive plaudits against Sunderland?

Yes...and that's a huge problem isn't it? Can't string 2 decent games together.

Nailrod
14-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Dinnae write us off just yet however don't expect us to be bossing games away from home either. I'm very grateful to Colin for letting us know that there will be days like this when we have the utter pish taken out of us by fellow SPL trundlers. Did he say how many?

I'm also very pleased to hear that we're 'building a team'. By my reckoning something like a million journeymen have transited Easter Road in the past three or four years. Our team building seems to be something along the lines of putting on a blindfold and throwing bricks around in the hope they'll turn into a house.

Dirkster23
14-08-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm not debating it was poor today however at one point the game could have went either way, killie got the third and our heads went down. Despite the scoreline a lot of it was better than what we saw last season and that was with us having a poor game.

As I said on another thread a CH needs to be a priority though

It is, but if we defend like that every second week we'll be in a relegation battle this season. We're far to inexperienced at the back and get little or no protection from Murray and Stevenson. We need to get an experienced RB in quickly and get Palsson and Osbourne into the centre of midfield.

gillythehibby
14-08-2011, 01:33 PM
And to carry on with my frustrations...............Anybody giving it the old "it's still early days, It's a work i progress, blah , blah " REMOVED. Have you seen the way Motherwell have started? A club that should be naewhere near Hibs with the resources we apparenty have, are flying. REMOVED disgrace !

sesoim
14-08-2011, 01:36 PM
At the end of the day, the big problem is CALDERWOOD. He has signed 13 players, 10 of whom are still with the club, and yet we still have glaring problems all over the pitch. I can't believe he didn't sign more than one CB in the summer, and when is he going to realise we need a RB and decent LW as well? We are still spending more on players than 8 out of the other 11 SPL teams and yet Killie, who's budget is way smaller than ours, can hammer us.

Petrie, act now before another of your managerial appointments drags the club down.

sesoim
14-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm very grateful to Colin for letting us know that there will be days like this when we have the utter pish taken out of us by fellow SPL trundlers. Did he say how many?

I'm also very pleased to hear that we're 'building a team'. By my reckoning something like a million journeymen have transited Easter Road in the past three or four years. Our team building seems to be something along the lines of putting on a blindfold and throwing bricks around in the hope they'll turn into a house.

:agree: Mixu, for all his faults at ER, built a very good team at Killie in about six weeks. Good managers don't need long to change and shape a team in the SPL. The quality is so low here that it shouldn't take much to improve your side and make them competitive. So why do you need so long, Colin?

Hibstrooper
14-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes...and that's a huge problem isn't it? Can't string 2 decent games together.

With youth comes inconsistency however who would have changed the defence before today's game after two clean sheets in a row?

vanNISHtelroy
14-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Apparently was £25k/week last year (although we were only paying Eremenko £1k/week out of his wages)....slightly down this year, so would guess at just over £20k a week.

Thought yous were reasonably poor although not as bad as some are saying. I think the fact that there was only really one failure on our team that I noticed made it look worse for you.

Alfred E Newman
14-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Utter crap yet again, totally played off the park yet again, unfit looking team yet again!

I now know what CC stands for......Clueless Colin!

But hey, it's still early in the season, we will get better.........won't we?

You can see that, although Kilmarnock have not set the heather on fire before today, Kenny Shiels is in the process of building a side after losing half a team . Calderwood now seems to be desperately signing players of debateable quality without having a clear view in his mind what on earth he is trying to achieve. The absence of a decent right back is an obvious flaw and a problem that has existed since the end of last season.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2011, 01:44 PM
With the exception of the first 15 minutes or so of the second half, it was a very poor team performance, with very little to get excited about.

Wotherspoon and Sproule were very fortunate to avoid red cards and the defending all afternoon was a joke.

Even Callum Booth, who is usually a reliable performer, was torn to shreds time after time by Dayton.

Kilmarnock fully deserved their victory and by the end, it's just pure luck that we only conceded four goals.

The one positive, for me, was the performance of Garry O'Connor. I thought he had a very good first half and he took his goal brilliantly.

Westie1875
14-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Apparently was £25k/week last year (although we were only paying Eremenko £1k/week out of his wages)....slightly down this year, so would guess at just over £20k a week.

Thought yous were reasonably poor although not as bad as some are saying. I think the fact that there was only really one failure on our team that I noticed made it look worse for you.

A bit of perspective, can you shout that a bit louder please to make the point. :greengrin

Thought Killie were excellent today btw.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I for one am fed up of works in progress and really dont want to hear it.

Apart from the first 5 minutes and for 10 minutes in the 2nd half we were so bad it wasnt true.

Clueless at the back, non exsistant in midfield and totally devoid of service up front.

That today was a DISGRACE and I am fed up of hearing all the usual rubbish excuses.

Motherwell and a host of other SPL clubs who havnt got a pot to piss in compared to us have out performed us for over a year now.

I will wake up tonight in a cold sweat thinking what the Yams will do to us if we play like that at the PBS .......... I really do fear that we could be in for a hammering.

If Calderwood is prepared to come out and say that the players he has signed and the players he puts into the team are good enough, then the only logical presumption must be that as a manager he is totally incapable of getting his players to gel as a team and totally incapable of getting them to fight for him. I cant remember the last time I saw a Hibs team put together a single move that would have compared with Mowbrays team.

Rant over !!!