PDA

View Full Version : NHC DUFC / absent manager

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Imagine you are a DUFC fan an your manager has spent a chunk of the week away in his second job with the national team....come the week-end you get humped by the OF...are you not going to think that maybe your manager should be ....well managing your team during all of the previous week..

OK may have made no difference to result...but you are going to wonder..

Golden Bear
14-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Imagine you are a DUFC fan an your manager has spent a chunk of the week away in his second job with the national team....come the week-end you get humped by the OF...are you not going to think that maybe your manager should be ....well managing your team during all of the previous week..

:agree:

I've thought that for a while and I'm surprised that the Arabs fans seem to accept the situation as being ok. A run of poor results will soon change that.

McD
14-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Very true. Also, one might hope/expect that the time spent with the national team might have given him some insight into beating or at least competing with the old firm (their scottish players anyway).

Of course, this might be a bit hard when your time is split between fetching cups of tea and parking your head between potter's cheeks.:devil:

Duffys13
14-08-2011, 08:36 AM

I've thought that for a while and I'm surprised that the Arabs fans seem to accept the situation as being ok. A run of poor results will soon change that.

United have been losing their best players for a couple of season's now. Not long before they are back to being one of the more dissapointing teams in the SPL like before Potter took the job.

jdships
14-08-2011, 09:19 AM

Agree totally :thumbsup:
Football players lives almost run on rails with training , games , etc and continuity at managerial/coaching level is very important .
Can't see how this situation is helping the Arab's .
Maybe Houston needs the extra money :greengrin:wink:

Col2
14-08-2011, 09:23 AM
When away from Scotland duties he spends a fair bit of time on radio Scotland sportsound. Wouldn't be happy if it was us.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Is be more worried he thought john ranking would be a suitable replacement for the players that left in the summer.