PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher.

vuefrom1875
14-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Good to see Fletch keeping his goal-scoring form........take note Harry Potter!:wink:

Ryan69
14-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Surely you know that unless he joins the ugly sisters....Harry Potter just isnt interested?

H18sry
14-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Surely you know that unless he joins the ugly sisters....Harry Potter just isnt interested?

Nothing to do with that, Fletch does not like Potter so won't play for him. :wink:

Beefster
14-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't understand why Potter gets stick about this. Fletcher said that he didn't want to play, Levein said that as soon as Fletcher says that he does want to play again that he'll be considered for selection. Fletcher hasn't said that he wants to play again so isn't considered.

Nothing to do with him not being at the Old Firm (Berra, who plays for the same team as Fletcher, is picked), nothing to do with him having been at Hibs, everything to do with him acting like a bit of a tit and throwing the toys out of the pram.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't understand why Potter gets stick about this. Fletcher said that he didn't want to play, Levein said that as soon as Fletcher says that he does want to play again that he'll be considered for selection. Fletcher hasn't said that he wants to play again so isn't considered.

Nothing to do with him not being at the Old Firm (Berra, who plays for the same team as Fletcher, is picked), nothing to do with him having been at Hibs, everything to do with him acting like a bit of a tit and throwing the toys out of the pram.Pretty much like his last season at Hibs.

patlowe
14-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Nothing to do with him not being at the Old Firm (Berra, who plays for the same team as Fletcher, is picked), nothing to do with him having been at Hibs, everything to do with him acting like a bit of a tit and throwing the toys out of the pram.

Absolutely. Fletcher needs to grow up for the good of the national side. Always thought Fletcher seemed like a good conscientious pro when at hibs but he's doing himself no favours here. I'll never forgive Levein for 4-6-0 but I'll back him on this.

bingo70
14-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Didn't stop Levein dropping his knickers to mcgregor, Ferguson and boyd when they said they didn't want to play for Scotland again. Fwiw I think they're both acting like a couple of kids and should grow up and have a conversation about whatever the problem was

Hibstrooper
14-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Didn't stop Levein dropping his knickers to mcgregor, Ferguson and boyd when they said they didn't want to play for Scotland again. Fwiw I think they're both acting like a couple of kids and should grow up and have a conversation about whatever the problem was

:agree:

The only ones suffering in all this is us the fans. We can't afford not to play a guy who is banging them in in one of the top leagues in the world.

duffers
14-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Fletcher won't play for Scotland until levein ****s off. He said he didn't want to be selected after he Was left out of a few squads, and when players who weren't half as good as fletch were getting picked, he told levein to ram it. On reflection, it was probably quite silly as levein would be getting pressured by press etc to play him but I think it came down to frustration more than anything else

Hibernia Na Eir
14-08-2011, 09:34 AM
total peach of a goal too. turning into a right good EPL player. won't be at Wolves much longer if he keeps this up.

vuefrom1875
14-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Potter will not play him due to his stubborn and bias towards Hibs,whether it be current or formers players.The man is an A**E!

Geo_1875
14-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I thought Fletch asked to be left out of the squad for 1 meaningless friendly match?

Ryan69
14-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I believe that he declared himself unavailable for a meaningless friendly game...due to having important must win games coming up.

Correct me if im wrong

Ryan91
14-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I believe that he declared himself unavailable for a meaningless friendly game...due to having important must win games coming up.

Correct me if im wrong

I think he may have asked not to be considered for any of those pointless tournament games over in Ireland as Wolves had a series of crucial matches coming up. Potter says he wants players who are getting their game for the club, well then how pray tell is Danny Wilson being selected, yes he's a good player but he's not a first choice at Liverpool that's for sure, so Potter's talking pish then, which to be honest isn't a big surprise.

God Petrie
14-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Fletcher was the 5th most prolific striker in europe last year in terms of goals to attempts.

Still not good enough for Scotland.....

lyonhibs
14-08-2011, 10:42 AM
thats an interesting stat. Who was number 1, out of interest?

God Petrie
14-08-2011, 10:51 AM
thats an interesting stat. Who was number 1, out of interest?

Not sure. The source for the fletcher stat: http://twitter.com/#!/bpfootball/status/102385076519698432

Ozyhibby
14-08-2011, 11:04 AM
He's English and therefor does not care. Playing for Scotland was just a stepping stone to the premiership. He's there now so no longer needs it.

Beefster
14-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Fletcher won't play for Scotland until levein ****s off. He said he didn't want to be selected after he Was left out of a few squads, and when players who weren't half as good as fletch were getting picked, he told levein to ram it. On reflection, it was probably quite silly as levein would be getting pressured by press etc to play him but I think it came down to frustration more than anything else

Is this right? Didn't he take the huff because he was being called up to the squad but wasn't being put in the first eleven?

Correct me if im wrong

Did Berra declare himself unavailable too or is he just more committed to playing for his country?

TamHibs
14-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Is this right? Didn't he take the huff because he was being called up to the squad but wasn't being put in the first eleven?

Did Berra declare himself unavailable too or is he just more committed to playing for his country?

Fletcher told him to ram it because he wasn't picked to play in the Czech Republic game when Levein decided to go 4-6-0

Beefster
14-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Fletcher told him to ram it because he wasn't picked to play in the Czech Republic game when Levein decided to go 4-6-0

Cheers. So he did act like a tit and throw the toys out of the pram.

TamHibs
14-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Cheers. So he did act like a tit and throw the toys out of the pram.

Well not really, he was in form & scoring goals at the time & yet Levein decides to play with no strikers even when we went 1 down.

Beefster
14-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Well not really, he was in form & scoring goals at the time & yet Levein decides to play with no strikers even when we went 1 down.

Going in the huff because you don't get your own way is the very definition of acting like a tit by throwing your toys our of the pram. Fletcher has no divine right to play for his country and Levein will stand or fall by his decisions.

bighairyfaeleith
14-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Fletch got a txt from one of leveins assistants saying he had been picked for the squad for a friendly.

Fletch replied to the txt to say he wanted too miss that one game.

Levein ran to the press within a couple of hours to say that fletch had quit scotland by txt.

Levein is a tit

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk