PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Newcastle vs Arsenal

Sir David Gray
13-08-2011, 06:17 PM
All kicking off at the moment.

Alex Song should have been sent off a wee while ago for a stamp on Joey Barton that the referee did not notice.

Then a couple of minutes ago, Gervinho goes down very easily in the box and Barton reacts disgracefully to it. Gervinho gets sent off for a "slap" on Barton, who reacted to it by falling theatrically to the ground and Barton escapes with a booking. The whole situation was caused by Barton grabbing Gervinho and acting in a completely irrational way.

That guy is an absolute liability and, as far as I'm concerned, an abominable human being.

I thought he was getting punted out of Newcastle anyway? :confused:

Total :asshole:

It's still 0-0, by the way, with 5 minutes left.

O'Rourke3
13-08-2011, 06:19 PM
A Premiership player available on a free, and no takers- says everything. Newcastle fans love him for his commitment. Unfortunatly he can't control himself. A feeling his display will be reviewed quietly by the refs and his card marked...

john18722
13-08-2011, 06:20 PM
At least he made the game interesting! He is a character!

Sodje_18
13-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Complete ****** of a person. The kind of guy who would play for the huns.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2011, 06:23 PM
****bag

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Well done Joey Barton, if it were not for you all we'd be talking about was another dull boring game.

leither17
13-08-2011, 06:32 PM
never a dull moment when he is playing

wazoo1875
13-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Well done Joey Barton, if it were not for you all we'd be talking about was another dull boring game. Exactly, another load of pish served up by the self proclaimed bestest league in the whole wise world !!

twiceinathens
13-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Well done Joey Barton, if it were not for you all we'd be talking about was another dull boring game.no doubt the pictures of the mid week riots brightened an otherwise dull week for you?

PeterboroHibee
All kicking off at the moment.

Alex Song should have been sent off a wee while ago for a stamp on Joey Barton that the referee did not notice.

Then a couple of minutes ago, Gervinho goes down very easily in the box and Barton reacts disgracefully to it. Gervinho gets sent off for a "slap" on Barton, who reacted to it by falling theatrically to the ground and Barton escapes with a booking. The whole situation was caused by Barton grabbing Gervinho and acting in a completely irrational way.

That guy is an absolute liability and, as far as I'm concerned, an abominable human being.

I thought he was getting punted out of Newcastle anyway? :confused:

Total :asshole:

It's still 0-0, by the way, with 5 minutes left.

I dont condone Bartons behaviour but it was Song and Gervinho who made challenges (or a slap in Gervinhos case) worthy of red cards. Barton got what he deserved for kicking it off, a yellow card, but Arsenal players really need to learn to keep it together, thats 2 games in a row hes managed to wind them up enough to get a sending off.

easty

Eh...it was caused by that ****** Gervinho diving to try to con the ref into giving a late penalty.

Barton, off the field a proper twat, on the park.....:not worth quality. He's got plenty ability, more determined than most and has the aggresive thing that I love in a footballer.

john18722
13-08-2011, 06:46 PM
no doubt the pictures of the mid week riots brightened an otherwise dull week for you?

Its football, there is a big difference. Barton was stamped by Song (who was not sent off) and then he was slapped by Gervinio who was rightly sent off. Barton over-reacted to the slap but that's hardly that bad....

Ringothedog
13-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Can anyone tell me why Arsenal did not get a penalty ? Not for the dive by Gervinho but the assault by Barton on Gervinho straight after or had the game been stopped by the referee ?

john18722
13-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Can anyone tell me why Arsenal did not get a penalty ? Not for the dive by Gervinho but the assault by Barton on Gervinho straight after or had the game been stopped by the referee ?

Good point. I also thought it was strange that Barton, who had the ball after Gervinho fell, turned away from the wall to grab Gervinho. The ref must have stopped the game??

On another note, I really like Robbie Savage as a pundit; honest, speaks his mind and says the sort of things a lot of fans would probably think. Its refreshing.

frazeHFC
13-08-2011, 06:58 PM
It's been a rubbish opening to the EPL season. I wanted to watch MOTD with an average of 3 goals a game, or close to it, to start the new season.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2011, 07:12 PM
no doubt the pictures of the mid week riots brightened an otherwise dull week for you?

That's right because both are so similar? To be fair your reply added more to a dull week than this game.

Hiber-nation
13-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Good point. I also thought it was strange that Barton, who had the ball after Gervinho fell, turned away from the wall to grab Gervinho. The ref must have stopped the game??

On another note, I really like Robbie Savage as a pundit; honest, speaks his mind and says the sort of things a lot of fans would probably think. Its refreshing.

Aye but he's got some cheek saying that odious wee runt Barton went down easily...pot kettle etc etc!

lapsedhibee
13-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Its football, there is a big difference. Barton was stamped by Song (who was not sent off) and then he was slapped by Gervinio who was rightly sent off. Barton over-reacted to the slap but that's hardly that bad....

Barton gets away with murder. He seems to have some sort of magic token in the EPL, like Ferguson had and Weir still has in the SPL, to behave as he likes. Song should have been off earlier, but how Barton escaped a red and Gervinho went off for that incident is inexplicable. Barton spent much of the rest of the game demonstrating how Gervinho had punched him with a closed fist. Psychiatric basket case.

wazoo1875
13-08-2011, 07:43 PM
It's been a rubbish opening to the EPL season. I wanted to watch MOTD with an average of 3 goals a game, or close to it, to start the new season. Me too Fraze, I've been on tenterhooks waiting for the EPL to kick off, looking forward to seeing the qpr Bolton game though:-)

PISTOL1875
13-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Alex Song clearly stamped on Joey Barton in front of the dugouts tonight. Betcha Arsene Wenger '' didn't see it ''..........

seanraff07
13-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I find it funny how everyone is so quick to jump on Barton cause he reacted to Gervinho's CONSTANT diving throughout the game, yet theres hardly a mention of Song blatantly stamping on Barton and getting out of jail with nothing. The rules in the game is surely if a player lashes out at another player it's worthy of a red card, therefore Gervinho was quite rightly given his marching orders. Barton didn't lash out at Gervinho, he tried to pick him up as he tried to cheat the ref into awarding a penalty.

Barton may be an erse off the park but people need to stop bringing that into arguments about on-the-pitch incidents, it has nothing to do with it so shouldn't effect the refs decision. Whether Barton went down easy or not doesn't matter, what Gervinho done was worthy of a red card, every player goes down easily and at the end of the day there was clearly contact made.

Joey Barton please stay with NUFC :agree:

Hibs Class
13-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Barton gets away with murder. He seems to have some sort of magic token in the EPL, like Ferguson had and Weir still has in the SPL, to behave as he likes. Song should have been off earlier, but how Barton escaped a red and Gervinho went off for that incident is inexplicable. Barton spent much of the rest of the game demonstrating how Gervinho had punched him with a closed fist. Psychiatric basket case. Barton was aggressive rather than violent so yellow was correct. Song was violent so should have had red. Gervinho was aggressive bordering on violent but I think yellow would have been a more sensible decision. I suspect Arsenal may win their appeal against his red. Barton has actually calmed down a lot, on and off the park, this last couple of years and some of the "typical Barton" comments are a little dated.

lapsedhibee
13-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I find it funny how everyone is so quick to jump on Barton cause he reacted to Gervinho's CONSTANT diving throughout the game, yet theres hardly a mention of Song blatantly stamping on Barton and getting out of jail with nothing. The rules in the game is surely if a player lashes out at another player it's worthy of a red card, therefore Gervinho was quite rightly given his marching orders. Barton didn't lash out at Gervinho, he tried to pick him up as he tried to cheat the ref into awarding a penalty.

Sure he did. :cool2:

Bostonhibby
13-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Alex Song clearly stamped on Joey Barton in front of the dugouts tonight. Betcha Arsene Wenger '' didn't see it ''..........

:agree: Song should have gone, whinger - see it, see anything wrong in what he / his players do? :no way: another blank season ahead where everything is everyone else's fault.................

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Barton may be an erse off the park but people need to stop bringing that into arguments about on-the-pitch incidents, it has nothing to do with it so shouldn't effect the refs decision. Whether Barton went down easy or not doesn't matter, what Gervinho done was worthy of a red card, every player goes down easily and at the end of the day there was clearly contact made.

Joey Barton please stay with NUFC :agree::faf:

Sir David Gray
13-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I dont condone Bartons behaviour but it was Song and Gervinho who made challenges (or a slap in Gervinhos case) worthy of red cards. Barton got what he deserved for kicking it off, a yellow card, but Arsenal players really need to learn to keep it together, thats 2 games in a row hes managed to wind them up enough to get a sending off.

What Song did was disgraceful, there is no excuse for that and he'll hopefully get a retrospective red card.

However the situation with Gervinho was completely caused by Barton, purely and simply. He had no reason to behave the way that he did.

The guy has absolutely no self control. He's shown that time and time again in various circumstances over the years. Like I said, he's a liability.

Yes Gervinho was wrong to slap him and by the letter of the law, he had to go off. However, I'm not too sure how Barton managed to stay on the pitch.

Eh...it was caused by that ****** Gervinho diving to try to con the ref into giving a late penalty.

Barton, off the field a proper twat, on the park.....:not worth quality. He's got plenty ability, more determined than most and has the aggresive thing that I love in a footballer.

Having seen it again, although Gervinho did go down very easily, there was slight contact and therefore technically Arsenal should have had a penalty.

Even if he had dived, that does not excuse Barton trying to act as the referee and taking the aggressive stance that he took against Gervinho.

Everyone loves to see a footballer who is committed, passionate and whole-hearted. However that aggression has to be controlled and that is something that Joey Barton just does not have.

Hibs Class
13-08-2011, 08:17 PM
What Song did was disgraceful, there is no excuse for that and he'll hopefully get a retrospective red card.However the situation with Gervinho was completely caused by Barton, purely and simply. He had no reason to behave the way that he did. The guy has absolutely no self control. He's shown that time and time again in various circumstances over the years. Like I said, he's a liability.Yes Gervinho was wrong to slap him and by the letter of the law, he had to go off. However, I'm not too sure how Barton managed to stay on the pitch. Having seen it again, although Gervinho did go down very easily, there was slight contact and therefore technically Arsenal should have had a penalty.Even if he had dived, that does not excuse Barton trying to act as the referee and taking the aggressive stance that he took against Gervinho.Everyone loves to see a footballer who is committed, passionate and whole-hearted. However that aggression has to be controlled and that is something that Joey Barton just does not have.You've answered your own question! Aggressive conduct is a yellow card offence, violent conduct is red. Barton was, as you say, aggressive so yellow was correct.

Wotherspiniesta
13-08-2011, 08:20 PM
If you're going to dive and try win a penalty its only right for you to be dragged back up onto your feet.

I'd have loved to have seen Barton's reaction if an Arsenal player tried to drag him up after he got slapped. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-08-2011, 08:36 PM
You've answered your own question! Aggressive conduct is a yellow card offence, violent conduct is red. Barton was, as you say, aggressive so yellow was correct.

The "laws of the game" according to FIFA makes no mention of "aggressive conduct" whatsoever. I would say that what Joey Barton did today would be considered by most people as violent conduct.

FIFA's definition of violent conduct is as follows;

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. A player, substitute or substituted player who is guilty of violent conduct must be sent off."

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Barton is now in a fight on twitter with Piers Morgan :faf: Gotta love him.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Exactly, another load of pish served up by the self proclaimed bestest league in the whole wise world !! aye, Sky do a grand job talkin up their EPL!

Hibs Class
13-08-2011, 08:55 PM
The "laws of the game" according to FIFA makes no mention of "aggressive conduct" whatsoever. I would say that what Joey Barton did today would be considered by most people as violent conduct.

FIFA's definition of violent conduct is as follows;

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. A player, substitute or substituted player who is guilty of violent conduct must be sent off."

The laws do refer to violent conduct but don't make mention of aggressive conduct. Violent conduct attracts a red card. The call for a red card for Barton is typical of the regular, ill-informed comment of "he raised his hands, he has to go". When referees explain their position, either in relation to specific incidents or their broader interpretation, they draw a distinction between aggression and violence and on that basis Walton was right. I'm sorry if it rankles with you, but I do believe an objective assessment supports the referee's decision today.

thebakerboy
13-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Found Barton and Savage having a love in on Twitter so I did my first and probably last tweet to tell Barton he was a wimp for lying down to the slap , my 18month old grandson hits me harder. Was this a wise thing or just a pleasurable thing to do????????

Rico
13-08-2011, 09:34 PM
The laws do refer to violent conduct but don't make mention of aggressive conduct. Violent conduct attracts a red card. The call for a red card for Barton is typical of the regular, ill-informed comment of "he raised his hands, he has to go". When referees explain their position, either in relation to specific incidents or their broader interpretation, they draw a distinction between aggression and violence and on that basis Walton was right. I'm sorry if it rankles with you, but I do believe an objective assessment supports the referee's decision today.

An objective assessment, the rules state "A player who uses excessive force must be sent off."
Are you saying Barton didn't use "excessive force”, bearing in mind that he was not trying to win the ball from Gervinho.
Replays also show there was contact, and it should have been a penalty, that aside, as another poster mentioned, the ball was still "in play" so Barton should have been penalised for committing the first offence and a penalty awarded.

Aggression on the football field is a pre-requisite, as in most sports, which is why there is no mention of it in the rules.

Hibs Class
13-08-2011, 09:49 PM
An objective assessment, the rules state "A player who uses excessive force must be sent off."
Are you saying Barton didn't use "excessive force”, bearing in mind that he was not trying to win the ball from Gervinho.
Replays also show there was contact, and it should have been a penalty, that aside, as another poster mentioned, the ball was still "in play" so Barton should have been penalised for committing the first offence and a penalty awarded.

Aggression on the football field is a pre-requisite, as in most sports, which is why there is no mention of it in the rules.

I think what Barton did was unnecessary but that type of reaction happens often and usually doesn't lead to red cards. I think excessive force is a vague term (for example, was Murray's challenge on Fyvie a season or two back an example of excessive force or was it a robust tackle?). As I've posted several times already, refs draw a distinction between violence and aggression; I think the ref got it right today re Barton; I accept others see it differently and don't have a concern with that, however I do try to ensure my opinions are based on a fairly solid understanding of the laws and some of the earlier posts appear to be based on a personal view of Barton rather than an objective assessment of what actually happened.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Just watched on MOT, Barton is an arse, the guy hardly touched him. Song should have been sent off for his stamp but you reap what you sow.

Lofarl
13-08-2011, 10:04 PM
He plays with passion, no doubt. I'd rather have guys in his mould in our midfield than the mouse hearted Liam Miller. Fair play to Barton.

Sign him up CC:wink:

Bourne_Hibs
13-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I think Barton should be very upset today. Not with Song or Gervinho but with his barber, as that barnet is an absolute shocker.

down-the-slope
13-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I think Barton should be very upset today. Not with Song or Gervinho but with his barber, as that barnet is an absolute shocker.

:agree: tantamount to assault.....a 10 year old would cry if his mother took him for a cut that bad....

Sir David Gray
13-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I think what Barton did was unnecessary but that type of reaction happens often and usually doesn't lead to red cards. I think excessive force is a vague term (for example, was Murray's challenge on Fyvie a season or two back an example of excessive force or was it a robust tackle?). As I've posted several times already, refs draw a distinction between violence and aggression; I think the ref got it right today re Barton; I accept others see it differently and don't have a concern with that, however I do try to ensure my opinions are based on a fairly solid understanding of the laws and some of the earlier posts appear to be based on a personal view of Barton rather than an objective assessment of what actually happened.

I also try to ensure that my opinions are based on a fairly solid understanding of the laws. I've quoted the exact laws of the game in relation to violent conduct and I believe that what Joey Barton did today fell under the category of violent conduct. You clearly disagree and that's fair enough.

The fact that Joey Barton is a vicious little thug, with a long history of violent behaviour both on and off the pitch, is neither here nor there.

Removed
13-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Just seen it for the first time as well, didn't read this thread as I didn't want to know the score. Was a pen in my opinion and Barton is an ********. How anyone can defend him is beyond me.

Rico
13-08-2011, 10:25 PM

I have to disagree, Barton did not have to use any force on Gervinho, therefore any that he did use must be deemed excessive.

Gervinho went down in the box, the ref did not give a penalty nor did he stop play to caution the player for simulation, as he would be bound to do if he thought an offence had taken place.
Barton was in possession of the ball, the referee turned away from the incident allowing play to continue, Barton then turned away from the ball to approach Gervinho and use force to lift him to his feet in an aggressive and threatening manner.

hibee92
14-08-2011, 01:13 AM
i love joey barton.

YehButNoBut
14-08-2011, 06:29 AM
I like Barton (also liked Savage as a player) they are the kind of guys you love to have in your own team but everyone else hates. Have listed Bartons tweets on the subject below.

@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) well said Sav, maybe I shouldnt of got involved but diving and trying to win a penalty, is sh*t. Needs stamping out (No pun)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do people want me to do, stand and trade blows with Gervinho. If u raise ur hands to players faces, u should beoff. Ref got it right...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if id of stamped on Song, all the numptys would be out calling for a public execution. What cos its on me its alright? #hypocrites (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hypocrites).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great result and performance from the lads. On a personal note hopefully, today proves my commitment, if it was ever in doubt? #toonarmy (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23toonarmy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) I was merely helping him regain his obviously dodgy balance #cheatingbarsteward (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23cheatingbarsteward)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) I train all summer to have him cheat us out of hard earned point. Its not on. Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i stayed up or went down its not relevant, raises his hands off. I was merely highlighting he struck me. Song stamped should of been seen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) standing and defending urself has only got me in trouble before. What u want me to do, hit him back? Or hope refs keeps him on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) my job is to do the best for my team, not to keep Gervinho on the pitch. Theres more to football than kicking a ball....

@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) merely called out a fellow professional for blatantly cheating, everyone hates cheats. Referees have it tough enough.....
@henrywinter (http://twitter.com/henrywinter) @RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) I went down easy, no doubt. Still cant raise ur hands. Agree or not?
Right off now to watch MOTD, its what sat nights are all about. Peace out people, lifes to short to get angry at football

Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........ :faf:

Steve-O
14-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Barton can't even see his own hypocrisy in all of this. He's a fandan.

lapsedhibee
14-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I like Barton (also liked Savage as a player) they are the kind of guys you love to have in your own team but everyone else hates. Have listed Bartons tweets on the subject below.

@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) well said Sav, maybe I shouldnt of got involved but diving and trying to win a penalty, is sh*t. Needs stamping out (No pun)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do people want me to do, stand and trade blows with Gervinho. If u raise ur hands to players faces, u should beoff. Ref got it right...

Imagine if id of stamped on Song, all the numptys would be out calling for a public execution. What cos its on me its alright? #hypocrites (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hypocrites).

Great result and performance from the lads. On a personal note hopefully, today proves my commitment, if it was ever in doubt? #toonarmy (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23toonarmy)
@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough

@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) I was merely helping him regain his obviously dodgy balance #cheatingbarsteward (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23cheatingbarsteward)

@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) I train all summer to have him cheat us out of hard earned point. Its not on. Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game

If i stayed up or went down its not relevant, raises his hands off. I was merely highlighting he struck me. Song stamped should of been seen

@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) standing and defending urself has only got me in trouble before. What u want me to do, hit him back? Or hope refs keeps him on

@RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) my job is to do the best for my team, not to keep Gervinho on the pitch. Theres more to football than kicking a ball....

@piersmorgan (http://twitter.com/piersmorgan) merely called out a fellow professional for blatantly cheating, everyone hates cheats. Referees have it tough enough.....
@henrywinter (http://twitter.com/henrywinter) @RobbieSavage8 (http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8) I went down easy, no doubt. Still cant raise ur hands. Agree or not?
Right off now to watch MOTD, its what sat nights are all about. Peace out people, lifes to short to get angry at football

Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........ :faf:

He cons the ref to help get Gervinho sent off, but he can't stand cheats? :crazy:

Stewboy
14-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Haven't seen any interviews however what did Wenger see - the stamp or the slap? Both? Neither?

YehButNoBut
14-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Haven't seen any interviews however what did Wenger see - the stamp or the slap? Both? Neither?

Coming up soon on MOTD so will find out.

Shearer has got dodgy shoes by the way. :faf:

lapsedhibee
14-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Said "maybe" Song should have gone, but it's the officials' job to officiate, not his.

He thought Barton and Gervinho should have both got reds or both got yellows.

Pardew thought Barton had just been helping Gervinho to his feet.

YehButNoBut
14-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Looks to me like Barton is mad with Gervinho for diving and trying to get a pen because of this he drags him up and gets a slap in the face which he did make the most of, ref was correct with both cards IMO.

Song should definately have been off, Wenger conveniently does not mention that incident.

Shearer does not think Gervinho dives, rubbish definate dive, if not the ref would have given a pen.

hibee7062
14-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Song should have been off deffinatly, Gervinho was right to go off and I think Barton should have been off to. One thing in common between the three though.....stupid bloody haircuts!!!

hibbysam
14-08-2011, 09:34 AM

I said this at the time, the referee definitely never stopped the game:confused:

Also back to the red card, there was slight contact with Gervinho who may have went down easily, so if we class that slight touch as a dive then yellow card, then Barton decides to grab him by the scruff of the neck and keep holding him, no pulling him to his feet, again yellow card, Gervinho probably deserved to go for making "contact" with the opponents face, but again if slight contact with Gervinho merited a booking then Barton rolling about like a total pansey deserved a second yellow as well. Just proved to everyone he's not the big hard man he likes to think he is!

Expecting Rain
14-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Was listening to talk sport during the week and how Joey Barton was a reformed character, sorry but i can`t see him making any efforts to change his ways, his comments on tweeter are indicative of his attitude, shame really because there`s a decent footballer in there.
Gervinho was tripped and went down quite easily it wasn`t a dive, Barton could have redeemed himself with an apology. Song behaved like an asshole stamping on Barton, a spillover from last seasons fixture, he should be apologising to Wenger, on another day hecould and should have been recorded, i`d like to see retrospective red cards and lengthy bans.

Expecting Rain
14-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Apologies for the keyboard slips, should have been red carded instead of recorded, too many deuchars last night!

Woody1985
14-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Was listening to talk sport during the week and how Joey Barton was a reformed character, sorry but i can`t see him making any efforts to change his ways, his comments on tweeter are indicative of his attitude, shame really because there`s a decent footballer in there.Gervinho was tripped and went down quite easily it wasn`t a dive, Barton could have redeemed himself with an apology. Song behaved like an asshole stamping on Barton, a spillover from last seasons fixture, he should be apologising to Wenger, on another day hecould and should have been recorded, i`d like to see retrospective red cards and lengthy bans. how about he's not drunk for three years to change his ways.