PDA

View Full Version : Barca Localwho prefers the Hibees!

Forza Fred
13-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Thought I’d post this recent entry from Scottish author Quintin Jardine’s blog.

Obviously there is at least one Catalan local who is not taken in by the medias fawning with Mr Messi’s over rated side, and appreciates true football. '

[SIZE=4]Senor Hibbie
July 30, 2011
Quintin Jardine
2 comments
Back in Scotland after an interesting trip via Barcelona, where I visited my new bank and was introduced to Senor Campos, the manager. Amazingly, he revealed himself to be a Hibs supporter. (My Aussie pal Fred will love that.) Sr. Campos speaks no English, which must make his affliction a little easier. He’ll be pleased this evening though, his team having nicked an away win at Inverness, even of it was courtesy of a last minute comedy goal.

You can access the blog here.. http://quintinjardine.wordpress.com/page/3/

Incidentally Hibs regularly get a mention in Quintin’s books (he’s a Well fan, who spends his time alternating between Gullane and Spain) and his latest one, entitled Grievous Angel has as part of the plot, a Hibs player whose career is ended by someone taking a baseball bat to him and breaking both legs!:confused:

O'Rourke3
13-08-2011, 10:29 AM
:hijack: Read one of his books and then found he's been a special advisor to Michael Forsyth while he was SoS for Scotland, I might eventually get over it.

Great blog though.

Moulin Yarns
13-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Obviously there is at least one Catalan local who is not taken in by the medias fawning with Mr Messi’s over rated side, and appreciates true football. '

[SIZE=4]Senor Hibbie
July 30, 2011
Quintin Jardine
2 comments
Back in Scotland after an interesting trip via Barcelona, where I visited my new bank and was introduced to Senor Campos, the manager. Amazingly, he revealed himself to be a Hibs supporter. (My Aussie pal Fred will love that.) Sr. Campos speaks no English, which must make his affliction a little easier. He’ll be pleased this evening though, his team having nicked an away win at Inverness, even of it was courtesy of a last minute comedy goal.

Incidentally Hibs regularly get a mention in Quintin’s books (he’s a Well fan, who spends his time alternating between Gullane and Spain) and his latest one, entitled Grievous Angel has as part of the plot, a Hibs player whose career is ended by someone taking a baseball bat to him and breaking both legs!:confused:

Typical glory, glory hunter, not supporting his local team :flag:

DC_Hibs
13-08-2011, 11:48 AM
fawning

Never has a more appropriate word been used although it should be extended to all those jumping on the Bartha bandwagon of late.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Never has a more appropriate word been used although it should be extended to all those jumping on the Bartha bandwagon of late.

its hardly jumping on the bandwagon to appreciate a brilliant team who play some outstanding football and are very successful.

Should people not 'fawn' over the 1950S or 70s Brazil teams? The famous 5 or the tornadoes? The Real Madrid side of the 50s? Great teams will attract admirers from all over.

As for the Catalan gentleman that supports Hibs, good on him.

Forza Fred
13-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Typical glory, glory hunter, not supporting his local team :flag:

Those were my initial thoughts too!.:wink:

andudare2
14-08-2011, 12:17 PM

[SIZE=4]Senor Hibbie
July 30, 2011
Quintin Jardine
2 comments

Incidentally Hibs regularly get a mention in Quintin’s books (he’s a Well fan, who spends his time alternating between Gullane and Spain) and his latest one, entitled Grievous Angel has as part of the plot, a Hibs player whose career is ended by someone taking a baseball bat to him and breaking both legs!:confused:read 1 of his books(cant remember title) where in it, the pope is a scot, who supports hibs!!!!!!:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I feel sorry for the guy from Barca, he must've had a serious bang to the head.