PDA

View Full Version : More Signings to come according to CC.

Hibeescott
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Cant see this elsewhere on here......BBC saying that CC is eyeing more new players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14510082.stm

An extra quote on the team news bit:

"We're almost at the number I would want - we wouldn't want too many more - so it would be someone of exceptional talent that we would take in between now and then.

BEEJ
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Encouraging!

:flag:

Hibbyradge
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Not Hibs class.

mim
12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Not Hibs class.

Aye, she is. :aok:

McIntosh
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
The ambition by all accounts is at least two more will be brought in and possibly more depending on loan departures.

Hibbyradge
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=McIntosh;2884740]The ambition by all accounts is at least two more will be brought in and pos

All accounts?

McIntosh
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=McIntosh;2884740]The ambition by all accounts is at least two more will be brought in and pos

All accounts?

Management and club officials.

TRIALIST
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
CC wont make his wish list public for commercial reasons but up till now hes filled all the positions the fans have forecast he needed to fill. Probably gets his ideas off hibs net.....I'm confident we will see another couple of 'bargains' before the window closes.
The one that does not get mentioned so often is goalkeeper, he must be seriously looking for cover in that position.

R'Albin
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
CC wont make his wish list public for commercial reasons but up till now hes filled all the positions the fans have forecast he needed to fill. Probably gets his ideas off hibs net.....I'm confident we will see another couple of 'bargains' before the window closes.
The one that does not get mentioned so often is goalkeeper, he must be seriously looking for cover in that position.

Think we have enough cover in that area, Stack is a cracking goalkeeper IMO, Brown is good cover and hopefully Antel would be able to step in if both got injured.

I think it's a waste of money having too many keepers in an SPL squad when you don't have a great budget, and would rather we spent more and made sure we got a good right back.

Hibbyradge
12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
"It helps that the SPL is on television and, without a doubt, the profile is better than the bottom two leagues in England."

Oh well.

JustSimplyHibs
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
A guy quietly going about his business, fingers crossed building a wee decent squad for himself capable of beating anyone on their day. Hopefully he can pick up a wee win on Sunday and build up a bit of confidence for next week.

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Capt Mainwaring
12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
A Right Back please.

Let's get Palson back into the midfield

frazeHFC
12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
"It helps that the SPL is on television and, without a doubt, the profile is better than the bottom two leagues in England."

Including all the non leagues? :greengrin

hibsfan
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Palsson is at his best when played in defence. His passing and first touch isn't good enough to sit comfortably in midfield.

MB62
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Sounds to me like they are their limit financially and unless there is somebody of absolutely quality that is mug enough to sign of us on the wages we are offering, then that's the end of the singings until January.
Happy with the guys CC has signed so far and certainly a bit more promising than it looked a few weeks ago. Another signing from would look like a bonus signing, unless the board have a right good change of attitude and decided to really back the manager that they so desperately wanted to keep, fingers crossed.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Was in one of the rags this morning that CC has now completed his summer spree and he has someone in the squad in mind to fill the right back position? :dunno:

harrsi
13-08-2011, 01:10 AM
To me that sounds like that there is still a few pennies rattling around the old biscuit tin and that if we can shift some of the dead wood (Hart... unlikely now that he's crocked again, but we can dream) then there is scope for more impovement in the squad. I'm personally of the opinion that if we can get a proper right back in then we're in with a really good shout of a top six finish and a good showing in both the cups (the holy grail will probably still be a step too far).

Speedway
13-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Beyond Hart, EDG and possibly Lewis, who is 'some of the deadwood'?

Jim44
13-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Sounds to me like they are their limit financially and unless there is somebody of absolutely quality that is mug enough to sign of us on the wages we are offering, then that's the end of the singings until January.
Happy with the guys CC has signed so far and certainly a bit more promising than it looked a few weeks ago. Another signing from would look like a bonus signing, unless the board have a right good change of attitude and decided to really back the manager that they so desperately wanted to keep, fingers crossed.

Was in one of the rags this morning that CC has now completed his summer spree and he has someone in the squad in mind to fill the right back position? :dunno:

To me that sounds like that there is still a few pennies rattling around the old biscuit tin and that if we can shift some of the dead wood (Hart... unlikely now that he's crocked again, but we can dream) then there is scope for more impovement in the squad. I'm personally of the opinion that if we can get a proper right back in then we're in with a really good shout of a top six finish and a good showing in both the cups (the holy grail will probably still be a step too far).

Calderwood - "It never ever stops. There's always money. There's always ways of getting money." Cue Petrie reaching for the vallium. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
13-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Calderwood - "It never ever stops. There's always money. There's always ways of getting money." Cue Petrie reaching for the vallium. :greengrin

If CC shows he can pick a player then I have no doubt money will always be available to back his judgement. :agree:

Speedway
13-08-2011, 09:07 AM

It's even worse than that. Rod's in the boardroom now, breasts skyward, having CPR performed on him. Our thoughts are with him at this difficult time.

Kaiser1962
13-08-2011, 09:12 AM

It's even worse than that. Rod's in the boardroom now, breasts skyward, having CPR performed on him. Our thoughts are with him at this difficult time.

What gets me is how CC can come out with such a thing when his every public utterance has to be carefully vetted and approved by Rod BEFORE its even said! :wink:

TonyMontana1875
13-08-2011, 09:15 AM

:thumbsup:top drawer post!!!

I tell you what though, the recent flurry of signings will encourage more fans back IMO dunno if anybody else feels the same.

Hats off to CC he dosent go blabbing about this one n that one and it has taken its time to grow on me, but i think its a great way to conduct your buisness.

:hibees

smurf
13-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Beyond Hart, EDG and possibly Lewis, who is 'some of the deadwood'?

Possibly Scott.

--------
13-08-2011, 11:23 AM

More like the Big Black Book that documents where all the bodies are buried...

"Good afternoon, First Minister. This is Rod Petrie at Easter Road. Do you remember a wee blonde researcher called Sharon? I have the police report right here on my desk..."

--------
13-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Oh well.

He speaks truth.

Maybe if the SPL and SFA bosses adopted a realistic view of where we are instead of fixating on the Gruesome Twosome and Potter's Marvels as sources of nice wee trips on the European gravy-train for empty suits and their hangers-on, we might get somewhere...

What I want to know is - what's a "thought policy"?

brydekirk
13-08-2011, 12:34 PM
If CC shows he can pick a player then I have no doubt money will always be available to back his judgement. :agree: Getting excited now,so glad I renewed my st

Speedway
13-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Possibly Scott.

:agree: Good point.

The Falcon
13-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Possibly Scott.

Does anybody else suspect that the fact he was signed on Adams say so, perhaps hasnt quite measured up and that Adams is now no longer with the club are linked in some way? :hmmm:

R'Albin
13-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Possibly Scott.

He could be, although I would rather we gave him more of a chance before we decide he's "Deadwood".

YehButNoBut
13-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Quotes below from CC in todays Scotsman, certainly seems he is still looking to add this month if possible but if not more to came in January. Also looks like the waiting game has paid off as now more players from down south are becoming available.

Starting to get more impressed with CC now. :agree:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There's still one or two things I think we could do with," admitted Calderwood. "We've got a good group here and we've got to go and become a team and get some good results.

"We've got a good foundation to go from and it's less of a number I want to bring in now than it was at the start of pre-season. It always will be a work in progress – you've got to keep evolving the team.

"You never stop. You don't put the full stop at the end of it and think 'that's us'. I think there will be a couple of real talented ones that we should always be open to. If we don't get them then there's always January and then there's next season. It never ever stops."

"It was blatantly obvious that certain players were going to go on trial at other clubs, certain clubs were never going to release players and let them out on loan, and we would always get to this stage where, at the end of pre-season in England, the availability of people would come to us if you added the budget left and you were patient enough to wait."

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Calderwood-not-done-yet-after.6818093.jp

Speedway
13-08-2011, 10:43 PM
An old rumour resurfaced today that this guy could be our new Right Back.

In the final year of his deal.

http://www.volzy.com/#

I'm_cabbaged
14-08-2011, 07:41 AM
An old rumour resurfaced today that this guy could be our new Right Back.In the final year of his deal.http://www.volzy.com/# Oh lord, another thread turned into 10 pages of shocking puns. Is that watt you really hoped for? I heard that hertz were interestedO

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Oh lord, another thread turned into 10 pages of shocking puns. Is that watt you really hoped for? I heard that hertz were interestedO

He might just bring that spark we're missing.

BT58
14-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Well if he can POWER up the wing that will be great

i heard he likes to lAMP them in too
:wink::wink:

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2011, 07:59 AM
An old rumour resurfaced today that this guy could be our new Right Back.

In the final year of his deal.

http://www.volzy.com/#

Lol,

He's an alien, a humourless Westphalian.

Mark79
14-08-2011, 08:01 AM
He would certainly be better than what we have CURRENTly. Would be shocked if we got him. Probably be a last minute deal right at the wire but he would plug a gap we have been trying to fill for ages.

If we signed him on the 31st august would he fuse well with the rest of the defence? That's the question.

That's it fir the puns from me. I'm zapped.

Speedway
14-08-2011, 08:11 AM
This is looking ohminous already.

aberhibsfc
14-08-2011, 09:02 AM
He'd plug right in at East Mains.

sunshine1875
14-08-2011, 10:23 AM
From the Football Rumours website, so probably mince but is there any truth in it?

13 Aug 2011 16:10:59
Hibs will sign two more players this window,

The first will be ex-arsenal youngster Thomas Cruise who is currently a free agent.

The second will be striker Eddie Johnson who recently was released by Fulham

hibsfan7
14-08-2011, 10:41 AM
that volzy i hear has an electrifying pace

i will get my coat

:shocked::shocked: