PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien Joins Yeovil Town

seanraff07
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417992,00.html

(http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417992,00.html)Can't believe people still want this guy, he hasn't seemed to hack it at any club he's been to, and never seems to have the right attitude when he's on the pitch. Don't know what people see in him apart from pace that he can't seem to use to his advantage :rolleyes:

--------
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417992,00.html

(http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417992,00.html)Can't believe people still want this guy, he hasn't seemed to hack it at any club he's been to, and never seems to have the right attitude when he's on the pitch. Don't know what people see in him apart from pace that he can't seem to use to his advantage :rolleyes:

Don't Yeovil have a famously sloping pitch?

Maybe they'll only play him for the 45 minutes they're playing down the slope, and he'll be EVEN FASTER! :rolleyes:

Removed
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
He's been away for ages, let it go man :wink:

JimBHibees
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Don't Yeovil have a famously sloping pitch?

Maybe they'll only play him for the 45 minutes they're playing down the slope, and he'll be EVEN FASTER! :rolleyes:

Bit like the Hibs one, now part of folklore. Sure they moved to a new ground in last 5 years.

hibsbollah
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeovil. Apart as far from Edinburgh as its possible to get, as the motorbike
flies. Great news!

seanraff07
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Sorry, I can't hide my jealousy can I :greengrin

allezsauzee
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
The boy never got a decent chance to prove himself at Easter Road

Removed
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
The boy never got a decent chance to prove himself at Easter Road :faf: :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM

It's the .net motto....

"we wouldn't let it lie...!"

More class from Reeves & Mortimer

allezsauzee
12-08-2011, 04:57 PM

That was a joke by way :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Cant believe the way people still give players stick after theyve left the club. He wasnt great for us but so what, the best of luck to him at Yeovil.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Hibs 4 Gretna 2, 2 nil down and Alan showed the Hibs fans and the world just what he was about.A fantastic run back, tackle and clearance of the ball out for a throw in, stopping any danger of a 3rd goal against the cabbage, this was the catalyst for our comeback.

Most people refer to it as the Alan O'Brien game.

Gala Foxes
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
a rare treat for Yeovil fans - their very own Ronan Keating look-a-like, sitting on the bench, in his gloves and leggings, for 42 games before he gets another free transfer

How does he do it ?

marinello59
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Hibs 4 Gretna 2, 2 nil down and Alan showed the Hibs fans and the world just what he was about.A fantastic run back, tackle and clearance of the ball out for a throw in, stopping any danger of a 3rd goal against the cabbage, this was the catalyst for our comeback.

Another player who has never said a bad word about our club. And we think there is such a thing as Hibs class?

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Another player who has never said a bad word about our club. And we think there is such a thing as Hibs class?

I certainly dont, we are no better or worse than most sets of supporters. :confused:

allezsauzee
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Of course he hasn't had a bad word to say about the club. I'd be very grateful if somebody put a couple of grand in my account every week without me needing to give them anything in return.

--------
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM

No we don't. :rolleyes:

Cropley10
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM

:faf: no they don't.

I wish the guy the very best of luck at his new Club. But let's not start re-writing history about his time with us.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
:faf: no they don't.

I wish the guy the very best of luck at his new Club. But let's not start re-writing history about his time with us.

:tee hee:

3pm
12-08-2011, 06:05 PM

It was actually 3-2 v Falkirk when he had a good game. Missed a shocker v Gretna.

Woody1985
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Hibs 4 Gretna 2, 2 nil down and Alan showed the Hibs fans and the world just what he was about.A fantastic run back, tackle and clearance of the ball out for a throw in, stopping any danger of a 3rd goal against the cabbage, this was the catalyst for our comeback.Most people refer to it as the Alan O'Brien game. I only remember him for puntin the ball past alves and sprinting and actually getting the ball!

Iggy Pope
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
:tee hee:

We might not have much class but talk about a keen sense of irony........!

KeithTheHibby
12-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Mate he had 2 years to prove himself.

He lacked quite a few things but the biggest was heart and passion. No surprise to hear him slipping down the ranks, I only hope Yeovil haven't *****ed too much cash on this waster.

KeithTheHibby
12-08-2011, 07:23 PM

He never said anything, that was part of the problem.:greengrin

Feed McGraw
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
a rare treat for Yeovil fans - their very own Ronan Keating look-a-like, sitting on the bench, in his gloves and leggings, for 42 games before he gets another free transfer

How does he do it ?

That Mr. Foxes is a VERY good question. How DOES he do it ? I remember one gorgeous sunny, warm spring day, when this guy comes off the bench with gloves on and proceeds to, as usual, contribute nothing to the game. Even if he`d been from Costa Rica it would have been ridiculous wearing the gloves, could never understand it, it just drew attention to his poor performances even more. How this guy has made a living from the game is one of life`s great mysteries.

Having said all that, I`m sure he`s a nice guy, so good luck to him - plenty of talentless people in other forms of entertainment who have made squillions I suppose.

Hiber-nation
12-08-2011, 11:05 PM

He lacked quite a few things but the biggest was heart and passion. No surprise to hear him slipping down the ranks, I only hope Yeovil haven't *****ed too much cash on this waster.

:agree:

I honestly cannot believe he is still getting defended on here. Like Brian Kerr, a non-trier, no bigger crime in football.

matty_f
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
:agree:

I honestly cannot believe he is still getting defended on here. Like Brian Kerr, a non-trier, no bigger crime in football.

:agree: I gave AOB plenty of backing right up until the point that he bottled it from a shoulder challenge - not even a 50/50 - against Jobbie Nielson at the Pink Beast Shelter. All he had to do was knock it by him and run past, and he went looking for a foul as soon as Caveman Jnr's shoulder made contact. Unforgivable bottling that, but to do it in a derby is a million times worse.

Gala Foxes
12-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I only remember him for puntin the ball past alves and sprinting and actually getting the ball!

missed him going past Alves but watched him toil against the Queens Park amateurs at Hampden in the League Cup in an abysmal display on a big pitch with loads of space

allezsauzee
12-08-2011, 11:28 PM

I know....i was joking

500miles
13-08-2011, 06:44 AM
The boy just lacked any sort of heart. A total bottle merchant.
Funnily enough though, the nearest thing we had to an "Alan O'Brien" game was against Falkirk at the start of Mixu's only full season as manager. He was unplayble that day - it's like someone had given the tin man his heart.

But then.....craaaashh.

sunshine1875
13-08-2011, 07:32 AM
The boy just lacked any sort of heart. A total bottle merchant.
Funnily enough though, the nearest thing we had to an "Alan O'Brien" game was against Falkirk at the start of Mixu's only full season as manager. He was unplayble that day - it's like someone had given the tin man his heart.

But then.....craaaashh.

I always thought of him being similar to the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz! When we had the ball, he seemed to have an amazing ability to track his defender, when he should have been running into space.

Gala Foxes
13-08-2011, 07:47 AM
There we all were wondering why Yeovil had taken on Alan O'Brien - think I have solved the problem

http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417316,00.html

AT least taking up the groundsman job would get him going down the wing - on a tractor

Speedway
13-08-2011, 08:37 AM
It should be pointed out that Yeovil Town are known as 'the glovers' which should end the mystery of why he has signed for them.

Still only 26!! Amazing.

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2011, 09:26 AM
How the mighty have fallen.

Strange to think that it wasn't so long ago he was ripping Daniel Alves of Barca a new one at Murrayfield.

If I know Alan he'll handle the transition seamlessly.

IWasThere2016
13-08-2011, 09:45 AM
He was/is/will always be pish.

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Just needed confidence. Nothing a few storm-to-the-by-line-and-whip-over-a-vicious-cross-for-the-golden-head-of-Colin-Nish couldn't cure.

We messed up big time there.

--------
13-08-2011, 11:16 AM
There we all were wondering why Yeovil had taken on Alan O'Brien - think I have solved the problem

http://www.ytfc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10673~2417316,00.html

AT least taking up the groundsman job would get him going down the wing - on a tractor

Check out "ALAN JOINS THE HUISH PARK BOAT!"

"After two years in Scotland [at Hibs!] and more than fifty appearances, he joined Swindon Town in July 2009 and stayed for two seasons playing forty times before his release. He is a full international having played five times for the Eire side."

It's all in the way you tell it.... :rolleyes: