PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings.

Thecat23
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Well some of the media are reporting that's CC is done with the signings for the summer. I still think we will see a new RB to be fair, but first i'd like to say well done in getting the players he has done and I for one i'm looking forward to the season alot more than i was a few weeks back.

Onwards and Upwards.. Lets get pushing for top 6 at least. :agree:

GloryGlory
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
IIRC, CC said that he would get two more in, which he has, but then any more would depend on others going out on loan. I wonder if he meant the young lads or was thinking more of Hart (now injured) and de Graaf? I can't imagine the young lads would free up much wage-wise, particularly if they go to lower division clubs, where I expect Hibs would still be paying the majority of their salaries.

Expecting Rain
12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Well done Hibernian in bringing in a few more players, things look a bit brighter and it looks like we won`t be looking for a new manager, i might even be tempted to attend the next home game.

Thecat23
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
IIRC, CC said that he would get two more in, which he has, but then any more would depend on others going out on loan. I wonder if he meant the young lads or was thinking more of Hart (now injured) and de Graaf? I can't imagine the young lads would free up much wage-wise, particularly if they go to lower division clubs, where I expect Hibs would still be paying the majority of their salaries.

Yeah i think you're right he did say that. I'd had hoped he would manage to get a RB in as we really need one. But the players that's come in so far i have to say i'm very pleased with.

soproni1
12-08-2011, 09:39 AM
In terms of quality and pedigree this is one of the best summers in terms of transfers I can remember (Stokes and Miller were probably the only ones worth getting excited about in recent times). 3 internationals, 1 solid defender (on 1st impressions) and 2 highly rated youngsters. Think the fact that Sproule and O'Connor are back second time around has taken away some of the excitement regarding 2 players who if, say Dundee Utd, had signed they would be rejoicing.

Consider who the yams have signed in comparison to us and I would be tempted to say we got just as good if not better players. Difference is they had more decent players to start with.....

Looking forward to a good season, well done and good luck CC!!

IanM
12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah i think you're right he did say that. I'd had hoped he would manage to get a RB in as we really need one. But the players that's come in so far i have to say i'm very pleased with

:agree:
id like to see some more faces back at ER next saturday, welcome the new team and to show a bit more support as i think most of us are happy and will be content if we also get a RB.