PDA

View Full Version : CC Comments in latest interview

Caroline Hibby
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Did anyone else pick up CC's comments regarding the calibre of player coming in now that 'couldn't have happened up until 7 or 8 days ago'? Have we come into money?

bawheid
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Did anyone else pick up CC's comments regarding the calibre of player coming in now that 'couldn't have happened up until 7 or 8 days ago'? Have we come into money?

Nah, players are getting more desperate...

GloryGlory
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM

No, CC is alluding to the fact that players have come into our price bracket because squads at other clubs are now full and therefore we can get players who were hanging on waiting to see if they would get offers elsewhere. Also, with the season now started in England, clubs have an idea of who will be in their squads, who they can allow to go on loan, who they will release. Players who were on trial (e.g. the Prophet) elsewhere now know if they are getting offers or not and therefore need to look elsewhere.

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Did anyone else pick up CC's comments regarding the calibre of player coming in now that 'couldn't have happened up until 7 or 8 days ago'? Have we come into money?Dinnae think it's tae do with money, it's tae do with more players finding themselves without a club and time running out for them tae do so.

borstalboy
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM

I'd presume it has to do with English Clubs and their preparations prior to their season ahead. CC's probably had to wait on clubs deciding whether or not players will be apart of the 1st team squad and if their good enough to be kept on.

thebakerboy
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I think it probably stems from the EPL clubs have to register no more than 25 players before the start of season + young players under 23 Therefore they are now releasing players that do not fit into that bracket so players are in a hurry to find clubs before end of August.From that interview CC seems to be saying if there are anymore players that he thinks would fit in come to his notice we will sign them. So it could get more exiting yet.

BEEJ
11-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Dinnae think it's tae do with money, it's tae do with more players finding themselves without a club and time running out for them tae do so.
:agree:

Then again .... we are only 10 days into our new financial year. :hmmm:

:duck:

And our new management regime! :greengrin

ancient hibee
11-08-2011, 07:50 PM
It's yet another example of the shrewdness and all round ability of Rod and the Board as I've no doubt everyone will agree:greengrin:greengrin

Albion Hibs
11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Maybe De Graff is away and his wage has freed up some funds.

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Maybe De Graff is away and his wage has freed up some funds.

I really don't know why this annoys me, but it does: it's De Graaf.

Ed De Gramo
11-08-2011, 08:55 PM

I agree with this nonshinyfish :agree:

R'Albin
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM

:agree: Especially the people that put "De Graff" on the back of their shirts:rolleyes:

TonyMontana1875
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Out of interest, does anyone know what our budget was for the season or is NIL for transfer fees about right?

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I agree with this nonshinyfish :agree:

Shouldn't that be Ed de Graamo? :dunno:

Removed
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Shouldn't that be Ed de Graamo? :dunno: :top marks :agree:

Kaiser1962
11-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Out of interest, does anyone know what our budget was for the season or is NIL for transfer fees about right?

Nil's about right.

Ed De Gramo
11-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Roasted :boo hoo: :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Roasted :boo hoo: :greengrin

I do my best.

Peevemor
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Nil's about right.

I don't understand why people keep going on about transfer fees.

They're irrelevant to clubs like Hibs (unless it's money coming in) - what's important is the annual player budget which includes wages, bonuses, signing on fees and any eventual (smallish) transfer fees.

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 09:25 PM

They're irrelevant to clubs like Hibs (unless it's money coming in) - what's important is the annual player budget which includes wages, bonuses, signing on fees and any eventual (smallish) transfer fees.

But if we haven't shelled out record transfer fees then the board must be taking the piss and not backing the manager, right? Right?

R'Albin
11-08-2011, 09:25 PM

:hilarious :top marks

tamig
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
But if we haven't shelled out record transfer fees then the board must be taking the piss and not backing the manager, right? Right?

Did you not read the post? Just because we haven't shelled out millions on transfer fees doesn't mean to say the manager didn't have a sizeable transfer budget. It's up to him how he splits that budget up. Obviously he feels he can get more for his money by shelling out on wages and signing on fees rather than transfer fees. It's not that difficult really.

TonyMontana1875
11-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Nil's about right. :aok:

Cheers mate

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Did you not read the post? Just because we haven't shelled out millions on transfer fees doesn't mean to say the manager didn't have a sizeable transfer budget. It's up to him how he splits that budget up. Obviously he feels he can get more for his money by shelling out on wages and signing on fees rather than transfer fees. It's not that difficult really.

Did you not read my post? If you did, you must have had a sarcasm bypass at some point.

TonyMontana1875
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM

I did mean budget apologies Peevemor :bitchy:

And I think for the record CC is doing a good job in building his team!:cgwa

tamig
12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Did you not read my post? If you did, you must have had a sarcasm bypass at some point.

I didn't get your sarcasm sorry - assuming your post was meant to be taken in that tone?

Baw187
13-08-2011, 05:56 AM
I didn't get your sarcasm sorry - assuming your post was meant to be taken in that tone?

I think the "right? Right?" at the end gave it away!

Arch Stanton
13-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Well, to be fair, it's only 'not that difficult really' when you finally figure out that there isn't a separate budget for transfer fees. Telling someone that transfer fees just get amortised just gets met with glazed looks mostly.

And all that means is that a player signing a 3-year contract for £3k will take £1k away from the next 3 annual budgets.

What also makes it difficult is that earned transfer fees don't get used to offset outgoing transfer fees. While this seems reasonable enough it isn't how it's done - not directly anyway - it just gets treated as income.

lapsedhibee
13-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Because you're a pedent?