PDA

View Full Version : Airey signed - 6 month loan deal confirmed

Dibben
11-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Just had a text from the Evening News. He's signed! Details in paper!

H18sry
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I just received the same txt :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
How come the EN are ahead of the official website?

CMac1988
11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Yip, good wee service.

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 10:38 AM
How come the EN are ahead of the official website?The evening news could send their messages by pigeon post and still be ahead of the official site. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2011, 10:39 AM
The evening news could send their messages by pigeon post and still be ahead of the official site. :greengrin

Agree:greengrin

Cabbage East
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Will be on the EN website in 30 mins...

frazeHFC
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Is the EEN texts free? Doubt it?

Wembley67
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Why ask then?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone ken how long he has signed for?.

aberhibsfc
11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Why ask then?

I get them and presumed they were free, I think they are. All it does it give you the headline then asks you to check out the full story in the EEN.

Cabbage East
11-08-2011, 10:46 AM

:agree:

frazeHFC
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Why ask then? Because i did not know the answer. "Doubt it" shows it was a guess.

Baldy Foghorn
Anyone ken how long he has signed for?.

Season long loan deal..........

aberhibsfc
Have to admit this hasn't been too bad a window.

I think we have replaced players leaving with a decent calibre of player. I am not sure at the moment how attractive we would be or creative, but I do think there is a real back bone in place replacing light short players with taller more physical players who can pass a bit.

I wonder if that's CC done for the summer or if we might get one or two more surprises. It would be nice to get a creative midfielder and a RB. Can't really complain if he addresses those positions.

Lets hope that we can now at least punch our weight now this season.

frazeHFC
Season long loan deal.......... 6 months i thought?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Season long loan deal..........

:aok:

Gettin' Auld
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Aye they're free.

IWasThere2016
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
The evening news could send their messages by deid pigeon post and still be ahead of the official site. :greengrin

Sorted that for ye J :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
6 months i thought?

Read it on EN website.

frazeHFC
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Read it on EN website. Someone on here had false info last night. :greengrin

R'Albin
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Aye they're free.

How do you sign up?

Westie1875
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
EEN says a season long deal but Newcastle can call him back at any point, or we can send him back if we wish.

HibbyAndy
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
How do you sign up?

Text 'YES PLEASE' To 696969.

IWasThere2016
11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Have to admit this hasn't been too bad a window.

I think we have replaced players leaving with a decent calibre of player. I am not sure at the moment how attractive we would be or creative, but I do think there is a real back bone in place replacing light short players with taller more physical players who can pass a bit.

I wonder if that's CC done for the summer or if we might get one or two more surprises. It would be nice to get a creative midfielder and a RB. Can't really complain if he addresses those positions.

Lets hope that we can now at least punch our weight now this season.

:agree: The RB is ESSENTIAL imho.

R'Albin
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM

:greengrin

Cauld Bovril
11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
seems he can play at RB too

frazeHFC
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM

Done it but nothing has happened, do the EEN reply back?

Just joking :wink:

pogo
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Will that number work from abroad? I live in Ireland and would love to avail of this service.

Presume it will work if you're 'down under':greengrin

HibbyAndy
11-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Will that number work from abroad? I live in Ireland and would love to avail of this service.

Presume it will work if you're 'down under':greengrin

:hilarious

:applause::applause:

:greengrin

Geo_1875
11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
EEN website doesn't say he's signed yet. Just that he's up for a medical.

Hibee87
11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I would imagine that the EEN is ahead of the game to website as we neer just post on the website 'so and so has signed' there is alwasy a picture of player kited out etc so I would imagine that it is leaked and by the time hibs have taken photos etc and uploaded them weve all known for a good couple of hours its the only reason i can guess along with the fact is our website not run by a company that also does other teams websites? we prob send al lthe info to them and wait on them to get there finger oot??

any who seems a good signing and the fact its been stsated that its a season long long and not 6 month which i had orginally be told.

so wee need a RB which if reports are true could be maloney

ive also heard another rumour which again im not posting names incase its garbage (which i believe it will be as the player has been playing in the EPL for a while) but ive been told that an argentinean player who has been released by his club is in advanced talks. he has played in england for a long time as far as i know and is a left back, left wing and centre mid.

Hibs90
11-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I would imagine that the EEN is ahead of the game to website as we neer just post on the website 'so and so has signed' there is alwasy a picture of player kited out etc so I would imagine that it is leaked and by the time hibs have taken photos etc and uploaded them weve all known for a good couple of hours its the only reason i can guess along with the fact is our website not run by a company that also does other teams websites? we prob send al lthe info to them and wait on them to get there finger oot??

Don't think thats the case at all.

alexhibsfan
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Joey Barton back training he day Phil Airey Leaves:wink::wink:

Rivers Cuomo
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM

any who seems a good signing and the fact its been stsated that its a season long long and not 6 month which i had orginally be told.

so wee need a RB which if reports are true could be maloney

ive also heard another rumour which again im not posting names incase its garbage (which i believe it will be as the player has been playing in the EPL for a while) but ive been told that an argentinean player who has been released by his club is in advanced talks. he has played in england for a long time as far as i know and is a left back, left wing and centre mid.

Julio Arca? Id cream myself if we actually signed him!

RickyS
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Julio Arca? Id cream myself if we actually signed him!

did he not turn down the offer of a deal at Boro?

TRC
11-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Arca is a free agent if we did sign him it would be an amazing signing for us as people have been saying we need a left sided player for midfield, but i doubt it will happen as i could see him playing in the Championship.

Dinkydoo
11-08-2011, 11:59 AM
If the Airey deal is a loan then what was the Sheridan thing all about?

St Johnstone are obviously paying higher wages than us. :rolleyes:

:devil:

Bob Box Fish
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Is there any real benefit in bringing in players on loan? I can understand doing it in January if you have a mound of injuries and need cover.

If you are planning on re-building a team and hoping to improve on it each season I cant see how loan players will help you?

GloryGlory
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Is there any real benefit in bringing in players on loan? I can understand doing it in January if you have a mound of injuries and need cover.

If you are planning on re-building a team and hoping to improve on it each season I cant see how loan players will help you?

One reason could be because the younger players aren't ready yet, but could be by next season.. Also, it improves the quality in the squad, at a price we can afford.

SRHibs
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Arca rumour is lifted straight off of football rumours. No danger we're signing him.

matty_f
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Suppose it depends on how you see Hibs - if we can get a good quality player in for a season and he helps us bring success to the club, then it's worth it. We're unlikely to keep great players for too long anyway, that's not being pessimistic, it's just the reality.

If it's a cost effective way of putting an entertaining and successful team on the park then we need to be giving it careful consideration.

JimBHibees
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Benefits would include you can get in a better player than you could normally afford, strengthens the team in the short term and allows your own youngsters to go on loan and develop if they are not quite ready to play first team.

Hibs7
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Better finish to the season gives more money for the future and if we get into Europe. Then a carrot for bringing in better players. A season long loan deal IMHO is not a bad thing.

dangermouse
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM

mmmmmmmm

Ryan91
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
If we do well and at the end of the Season if Newcaste decide that they don't require his services anymore, given that he has played a year already he may decide to sign for us if we offer him a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
If we do well and at the end of the Season if Newcaste decide that they don't require his services anymore, given that he has played a year already he may decide to sign for us if we offer him a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSomehow I doubt that, if he does well here and they dinnae require his sevices there'll be other clubs with more money than us looking at him.

Ryan91
11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Somehow I doubt that, if he does well here and they dinnae require his sevices there'll be other clubs with more money than us looking at him.

True that does seem more likely, but you never know, it may happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountcastleHibs
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
On official site now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110811/airey-signs_2262950_2416981

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Season long loan deal..........says 6 months on the Hibs site so I guess the paper got that bit wrong. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I see he has a Hibs ear ring in too. :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
On official site now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110811/airey-signs_2262950_2416981

Only 6 months - not ideal but happy to have him.

Elephant Stone
Is it definitely just six months?

manx hibee
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
On official site now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110811/airey-signs_2262950_2416981looks an exciting prospect :cgwaGGTTH IN CC we trust :wink:

frazeHFC
11-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Someone on here had false info last night. :greengrin

Maybe not.....

JimBHibees
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe not.....

The player himself said it on his tweet yesterday though. Would have been better with a season loan however hopefully an arrangement in place it can be extended.

greenlex
11-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Welcolm aboard Phil. :flag::flag:

Gatecrasher
11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Good News, we now have a much better squad than we had at the start of January IMO :thumbsup:

AlbertK86
11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the famous edinburgh Hibees.

Looks like he knows where the goals are. Scored a few last season was the top goalscorer in the reserve league and has already knocked in 3 preseason already

just want an RB and a LM now

GGTTH

McKenzie
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe just cover til sodje and junior are fit enough

Beefster
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
A six month loan deal just confirms that some folk on here talk utter *****.

It was only a week or two ago that we were being told [as fact] that six month loans were part of the 'unworkable legacy' and/or that Hibs were 'building for the future' so loans were not an option any longer and/or that Sheridan wasn't signed because it would only have been a six month loan spell and Hibs positively definitely would only take season-long loans from now.

I've no idea what kind of player Airey is so I can't comment about him beyond welcoming him to the club.

Arch Stanton
11-08-2011, 04:08 PM

It was only a week or two ago that we were being told [as fact] that six month loans were part of the 'unworkable legacy' and/or that Hibs were 'building for the future' so loans were not an option any longer and/or that Sheridan wasn't signed because it would only have been a six month loan spell and Hibs positively definitely would only take season-long loans from now.

I've no idea what kind of player Airey is so I can't comment about him beyond welcoming him to the club.

That's hardly a great revelation, is it?

A few weeks ago, missing out on Sheridan was portrayed as absolute proof that Hibs were incapable of signing any decent players due to their penny pinching!

Cocaine&Caviar
11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Here we are then:

GK: Stack, Brown
RB: Palsson, Hart
CB: O'Hanlon, Stephens
CB: Hanlon, Murray
LB: Booth, Stevenson

RM: Sproule, Wotherspoon
CM: Osbourne, Scott
CM: Thornhill, De Graff
LM: Galbraith

ST: O'Connor, Sodje
ST: Agogo, Airey

Just a left midfielder required for me...

basehibby
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Good stuff - don't know much about him but he's been talked up on here a fair bit - hope he lives up to his billing = good luck Phil and welcome :thumbsup:

matty_f
11-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Hibs never once said that the loan deal didn't suit us, the idea was born on here and grew arms and legs and was then taken as FACT - something that happens all too often, IMHO.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Let's hope he get's off to a flying start.

hibsbollah
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I see hes from Amble, a delightful town and home of Charlie's chippy, Northumberland's best. It all looks very promising.

Captain Trips
12-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Good luck to him while here but IMO we should be thinking bigger and more long term than a player whom yes is at a big club but has played what once for them?

I think the odd loan is ok but for a club our size our loans should be in the Garry Oconnor mould of players whom have had a history and are looking to rekindle, just my thoughts on the deal.

Peevemor
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Good luck to him while here but IMO we should be thinking bigger and more long term than a player whom yes is at a big club but has played what once for them?

I think the odd loan is ok but for a club our size our loans should be in the Garry Oconnor mould of players whom have had a history and are looking to rekindle, just my thoughts on the deal.

You moan when we don't sign anyone.

You moan when we sign huddies.

You moan when we sign promising youngsters on short term/loan deals (as they would otherwise be out of our reach).

GO'C has a 1 year contract - not hugely different from a loan deal in practical terms.

Speedway
12-08-2011, 07:13 AM

You moan when we sign promising youngsters on short term/loan deals (as they would otherwise be out of our reach).

GO'C has a 1 year contract - not hugely different from a loan deal in practical terms.

Stop moaning about the moaners ya moaning so and so.

Captain Trips
12-08-2011, 07:31 AM

Would everyone not moan if we signed a huddie?

The Goc deal is a deal I think that was right in terms of length, I think we should be looking at longer options than letting Newcastle find out if Airey is up to the grade. I am not saying he is good or bad but totally unknown quantity at first team levels.

marinello59
12-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Would everyone not moan if we signed a huddie?

The Goc deal is a deal I think that was right in terms of length, I think we should be looking at longer options than letting Newcastle find out if Airey is up to the grade. I am not saying he is good or bad but totally unknown quantity at first team levels.
:confused:
Do you really not understand how the loan system benefits both clubs involved?

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Stop moaning about the moaners ya moaning so and so.

Stop moaning at people whom are moaning about those moaning for the sake of, moaning.

Speedway
12-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Stop moaning at people whom are moaning about those moaning for the sake of, moaning.

Awwww c'moan.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I wouldnt want the team filled with loan players, but 1 or 2 to suppliment the squad should be fine. Especially if it gives our kids the chance to go out on loan and get time on the park they wont get a Hibs. Hopefully they then come back stronger bigger and better, ready to replace those loans players when they return.

Phil MaGlass
12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
What a difference a few weeks make eh.. just when it was all doom and gloom for the season ahead, seems CC has signed a few quality players and everything is starting to look better, lets hope the lads gel quickly and we see some instant results, that would blow some of the last dark clouds away from ER. The squads starting to take shape nicely.
A result on saturday will set the ball rolling. 6 months for Airey isnt too bad, gies CC time to find another striker.

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO......

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
What a difference a few weeks make eh.. just when it was all doom and gloom for the season ahead, seems CC has signed a few quality players and everything is starting to look better, lets hope the lads gel quickly and we see some instant results, that would blow some of the last dark clouds away from ER. The squads starting to take shape nicely.
A result on saturday will set the ball rolling. 6 months for Airey isnt too bad, gies CC time to find another striker.

Please, don't ruin good posts with stating the wrong day of the game.........Happens so often !

greenlex
12-08-2011, 09:22 AM

The converse of that is a poor performance and a defeat and it will be meltdown again.:rolleyes: Its the bipolar Hibs.net way. We are only one bad day at the office away from a crisis.:greengrin Mon the Hibs.:flag:

Monkey Harris
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
If this laddie is the new Stokes a la Falkirk, then this could be a great deal. However I would rather give Crawford or Caldwell a chance to become the new O'Conner.

JimBHibees
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Quite an interesting review of our new striker.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/265946-just-who-is-phil-airey/