PDA

View Full Version : Yams Tottenham away

since90plustwo
10-08-2011, 11:14 PM
With all the rioting going on, not saying it will last until then, but with tottenham possibly having to call their game off this weekend, what would happen if white hart lane was still unavailable for use? i can remember liverpool having to play a game outside isreal against maccabi haifa due to riots.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 07:18 AM
With all the rioting going on, not saying it will last until then, but with tottenham possibly having to call their game off this weekend, what would happen if white hart lane was still unavailable for use? i can remember liverpool having to play a game outside isreal against maccabi haifa due to riots.

I don't think any British soccer fan should have to walk through a thoroughly depressing, unsafe district simply in order to watch their club play a game of football. So my heart goes out to Spurs fans heading to Gorgie next week.

Interesting to note that the riots in Tottenham only happened after the draw with Hearts was announced. It pushes the tie out of the public imagination and this can only result in lost revenue for Los Yambolinos. The conclusion we have to reach is that Mafia activity has somehow precipitated these riots, given Cosa Nostra's traditional hostility to the Tynecastle outfit.

Where was Cameron when the rioters and looters were kicking off in Broadwater Farm? Tuscany, not a million miles from Sicily.

The conspiracy against the Yams deepens.

The police ought to start by searching east of Scotland traveling people's sites for flat-screened telly's and Nikes. (I know what my lot are getting next Christmas!)

heretoday
11-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't think any British soccer fan should have to walk through a thoroughly depressing, unsafe district simply in order to watch their club play a game of football. So my heart goes out to Spurs fans heading to Gorgie next week.

Interesting to note that the riots in Tottenham only happened after the draw with Hearts was announced. It pushes the tie out of the public imagination and this can only result in lost revenue for Los Yambolinos. The conclusion we have to reach is that Mafia activity has somehow precipitated these riots, given Cosa Nostra's traditional hostility to the Tynecastle outfit.

Where was Cameron when the rioters and looters were kicking off in Broadwater Farm? Tuscany, not a million miles from Sicily.

The conspiracy against the Yams deepens.

The police ought to start by searching east of Scotland traveling people's sites for flat-screened telly's and Nikes. (I know what my lot are getting next Christmas!)

Funny. I'd never thought of it like that but now it all makes perfect sense!

Cameron should go back to Tuscany and stay there permanently.

Keith_M
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Interesting to note that the riots in Tottenham only happened after the draw with Hearts was announced.

That's some reaction by the Tottenham fans. I know it's a pretty crap draw for them but isn't that a bit over the top?

Sean1875
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
No doubt the Spurs fans will be walking through Gorgie wondering why none of the yams games have been called off because of the rioting.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2011, 05:44 PM
i believe hertz are doing tours for any spurs fans attending, let them see what a stinking rickety old asbestos-ridden stand dating back to the first world war looks like, lets hope they have at least a full compliment of light bulbs working.

lapsedhibee
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
i believe hertz are doing tours for any spurs fans attending, let them see what a stinking rickety old asbestos-ridden stand dating back to the first world war looks like, lets hope they have at least a full compliment of light bulbs working.

Spurs have roots in the Jewish community, and many Spurs fans would not be alive today if it weren't for the efforts of HOMFC in the early 1940s. I think most away fans will want at least to pay their respects in the War Museum section of Hearts' new stadium.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Most Spurs fans would be more greatfull for Dave MacKay.

Woody1985
11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Spurs have roots in the Jewish community, and many Spurs fans would not be alive today if it weren't for the efforts of HOMFC in the early 1940s. I think most away fans will want at least to pay their respects in the War Museum section of Hearts' new stadium. :faf:

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Spurs have roots in the Jewish community, and many Spurs fans would not be alive today if it weren't for the efforts of HOMFC in the early 1940s. I think most away fans will want at least to pay their respects in the War Museum section of Hearts' new stadium.

But another way of looking at it is if Hearts had have come into the war earlier, all those extra Jewish lives might have been saved.

But I supposed they probably timed it that way knowing if they didn't give the Nazi's some leeway, then clubs like Spurs and Ajax might now have a fanbase rivaling their own in size.