PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider a season ticket now?

matty_f
10-08-2011, 10:15 PM
The manager is committed to staying. The board have backed him with 5 signings in the summer window, with the promise of more to come, as well as bringing in 6 new players in January.

We've promising young players breaking through and we've seen the return of players who have the club close to their heart.

We are literally a different side from the one that was so poor last season.

The opening game of the season showed how disaffected the Hibs support has become, huge gaps in the stands showed the apathy towards the club and reflected on what have been rumoured low season ticket sales. This reflected a perceived lack of transfer activity and a disillusionment with the manager and the poor season last year.

Since then, the board have communicated well with fans, the club have reached out to supporters, listened to feedback, made calls and sent emails to supporters contacting them with concerns and complaints. The board have delivered pretty much all we have asked them to when citing reasons why season tickets haven't been renewed.

Would anyone now reconsider their decision not to renew?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Did the Aberdeen Celtic game not draw less than our corresponding match?
I think we may find it's not just about the football at the moment it's about the financial reality folks face
I'm not an ST so didn't renew as i unfortunately have other financial commitments that constrain me we've effectively been tightening the belt for the last 3 years
I imagine I'm not the Only one esp folks with families so it's tough and probably will get worse before better. I'll try to get along as often as I can but will most likely be a special occasion rather than a habit forming series regrettably.

Hibs90
10-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Are you paying for it likes? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately work commitments mean a season tiket for me this year is just out of the question.

What i would say is this time 2 weeks ago i didnt really care about not getting to ER very often, now i'm quite gutted i'll be missing out on what could be a pretty decent season.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I got a season ticket so it doesn't really apply to me but I'm guessing that, for most people, it'll take a prolonged period of good results over a couple of months or so before many people will begin to feel better about the club again and forget about the disaster that was the past 18 months.

We've made a few decent signings that should see us improve on last season's showing but it's results and performances that will be the real test.

matty_f
10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Did the Aberdeen Celtic game not draw less than our corresponding match?
I think we may find it's not just about the football at the moment it's about the financial reality folks face
I'm not an ST so didn't renew as i unfortunately have other financial commitments that constrain me we've effectively been tightening the belt for the last 3 years
I imagine I'm not the Only one esp folks with families so it's tough and probably will get worse before better. I'll try to get along as often as I can but will most likely be a special occasion rather than a habit forming series regrettably.

I don't think it's worth comparing how the Aberdeen Celtc crowd was against ours, IIRC we usually have a higher home gate than the sheep anyway.

I agree about the financial side of things - it's hitting everyone and there's likely worse to come, the thread was more aimed towards those that were making a point about staying away, be it because of a 'threat' of a ten team league, or lack of ambition/investment from the board, or because of an 'uncommitted' manager etc.

Are you paying for it likes? :greengrin

Bolt!:greengrin

Unfortunately work commitments mean a season tiket for me this year is just out of the question.

What i would say is this time 2 weeks ago i didnt really care about not getting to ER very often, now i'm quite gutted i'll be missing out on what could be a pretty decent season.

As above, the thread was more for people who could get a season ticket but never because of some of the reasons listed above. There will always be folk like yourself who can't make matches and so it's not appropriate to get a season ticket, and there are others that can't afford the outlay - I've been there myself over the years, so I understand.

But there were many others who were effectively telling the club to ram it because of what they perceived the club were or weren't doing to improve things on the pitch or to engage with the support.

jst1875
11-08-2011, 05:59 AM

exactly what he says

Moulin Yarns
11-08-2011, 06:09 AM
For me, it is less about the signings and quality on the park but a combination of costs and time involved. It is something like an 8 hour day to go to a game at Easter Road, plus the cost of fuel for the 150 mile round trip. and the fact mentioned above that around 25% of our games are moved to fit in with television schedules which I could watch at home or in the pub.

If i was closer to Edinburgh I would be more inclined to get a season ticket, but as it stands it is not worth it on a number of levels.

Ray_
11-08-2011, 07:02 AM
The manager is committed to staying. The board have backed him with 5 signings in the summer window, with the promise of more to come, as well as bringing in 6 new players in January.

We've promising young players breaking through and we've seen the return of players who have the club close to their heart.

The opening game of the season showed how disaffected the Hibs support has become, huge gaps in the stands showed the apathy towards the club and reflected on what have been rumoured low season ticket sales. This reflected a perceived lack of transfer activity and a disillusionment with the manager and the poor season last year.

Since then, the board have communicated well with fans, the club have reached out to supporters, listened to feedback, made calls and sent emails to supporters contacting them with concerns and complaints. The board have delivered pretty much all we have asked them to when citing reasons why season tickets haven't been renewed.

Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed.

We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules.

Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 07:05 AM
exactly what he says

And me. You're saving me a lot of typing today, PB.

bingo70
11-08-2011, 07:11 AM

The fact we actually won a game has improved the atmosphere no end as well.

The club can send all the letters and emails they want and they could sign a hundred players but until we start winning and playing well regularly people won't go back, we've started the ball rolling now and i think if we can pick up a few good results in the coming weeks then some sort of order will be restored in terms of crowd numbers.

Thats not trying to detract from the efforts the club have made to communicate with us because i do appreciate they're trying, i just think all this extra off field stuff is pretty irrelevant if the team is doing well.

Gingertosser
11-08-2011, 08:09 AM
When did the manager commit to staying :confused:

KeithTheHibby
11-08-2011, 08:13 AM

People may reconsider but my question would be do they have the cash now for a season ticket?

I applaud the board for backing CC in the transfer market however I am not convinced that we are likely to see an immediate increase in fans coming through the gates.

green&left
11-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I'd consider buying one if Hibs re-introduced the payment plan. I noticed in yesterdays Sun that Rangers were still advertising season tickets that you could pay up on a monthly basis with a little interest on top.

I can't afford £415 in one lump sum.

Judas Iscariot
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd consider buying one if Hibs re-introduced the payment plan. I noticed in yesterdays Sun that Rangers were still advertising season tickets that you could pay up on a monthly basis with a little interest on top.

This

mim
11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I can't see many people buying a season ticket now that the Celtic game has already passed.

What may well happen is a big upsurge in half season ticket sales, if the team peforms well between now and Christmas.

DaveF
11-08-2011, 08:52 AM

Great point.

If the club contnue to offer the payment plan to fans, it may just help drag back a few in the current 'feel good' moment.

bingo70
11-08-2011, 08:58 AM

stick it on a credit card then :greengrin

i think there's only so much the club can do just now and they offered a good deal with the interest free plan over 11 months, what they could do i suppose is sell games in group packages, you maybe can't afford £415 but could maybe buy batches of tickets for say 4 games at a time with a small discount for doing so, you could do that until half season tickets go on sale then i'd expect us to sell quite a few of them if we have a good start to the season.

Keith_M
11-08-2011, 10:25 AM
No,

I've decided to be miserable out of principle and just refuse to buy one.

No amount of feelgood factor is going to persuade me to fly from Munich and back and book a B&B for every home game. Who do you think I am, Samuel Etoooo?

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
PTS asked a very good question on another thread, would i buy a season ticket for Saturday 3pm games? Yip i'm not getting one next season, but if the club did this next season i'd have one of these.

smurf
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM

A little interest? The APR is horrendous at the Huns. Unlike us!

Golden Bear
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
The picture is improving by the minute.

Now then, ------- IF the team performances were it pick up in the next couple of months then I might consider a half season ticket.

Golden Bear
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
PTS asked a very good question on another thread, would i buy a season ticket for Saturday 3pm games? Yip i'm not getting one next season, but if the club did this next season i'd have one of these.

:agree:

Only trouble is that the Clubs' are unaware of the number of 3pm games there could be as they themselves are at the mercy of the TV scheduling folk.

green&left
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
A little interest? The APR is horrendous at the Huns. Unlike us!

What was it?

I know a Celtic fan who pays £20 extra for paying up his £550 season ticket monthly...

Hibeesb0unc3
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
:agree:

Only trouble is that the Clubs' are unaware of the number of 3pm games there could be as they themselves are at the mercy of the TV scheduling folk.

Although i suppose they could have an idea as home games against the bottom six of last year will very rarely be televised as there isn't much interest in a game between Hibs v St mirren to show it on t.v

ArabHibee
11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed. We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules. Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.:agree:Good post.

flash
11-08-2011, 12:05 PM
How about a season ticket just for the games we play well in?

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Or win?

matty_f
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed.

We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules.

Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we failed to cash in on McLeish's team - what happened there was the backside fell out of Scottish football because there was no TV money, so we had to strip an expensive side down and rely on kids.

What happened last season wasn't the same at all, mistakes were made but they were different mistakes and actually the board (on paper) put reasonable measures in place in order to have had a much more successful season than we actually ended up having.

I agree about the board engaging with the fans, though and this is a point I've made before as well.

Albion Hibs
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we failed to cash in on McLeish's team - what happened there was the backside fell out of Scottish football because there was no TV money, so we had to strip an expensive side down and rely on kids.

What happened last season wasn't the same at all, mistakes were made but they were different mistakes and actually the board (on paper) put reasonable measures in place in order to have had a much more successful season than we actually ended up having.

I agree about the board engaging with the fans, though and this is a point I've made before as well.

I think you will find that is maybe the new bog standard excuse for not having a season ticket / going to games. They worked off, the manager is not committed, the team is not good enough, I dont like watching football on a sunday...what was the other one....oh yeah I want all of that for a cheaper price! Now at least 2 of the 4 main ones are away.

I think you will find some will always have an excuse for not going. To go back to the early 2000's and blame the lack of articles in the Evening News from our board and McLeishs team being cashed in on is possibly up there with some of the worst. If some are not over the issue they have created for not going a decade later, then they have their own issues.

Hibee87
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
im the same as everyone else, just baught a house so couldnt afford one then was on holiday when the payment plan was announced and due to some personal reasons hibs were put to the back of my min for a while. Now that im looking to go back i would consider getting a season ticket if a payment plan was re intraduced, if not ill be paying at gate to as many games as i can and get a half season ticket

JustSimplyHibs
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
The club should look into two types of season tickets

a full season ticket entitles you to all league games Cat A and Bat B and cup games say cost £450

Cat B season tickets with no cup games costing £300

a question worth being added to one of the club's questionaire's

Lofarl
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I think I will end up getting a half season ticket for me and my nephew, it makes for a good xmas present. Hibs can learn a fair bit about season ticket structure and pricing from other spl clubs. That manky mob across the road do have cheap ST tickets, as do a lot of other clubs.

The problem we have regarding season tickets is options, or rather the lack of them. If you want to buy a ST you have the choice of a family, single or concession. Ok fair enough. But what if like me you dont want to take young kids to games v the OF, for obvious reasons. Hibs used to have Cat-B season tickets, why not bring these back? I know of plenty people who have little interest in going to OF or even Hearts games. Cat-B tickets would be far cheaper and probably easier to buy on impulse. Now Hibs have to be commended for the installment plan, I know a lot of people use this and long may it continue. But even with this in place the lack of ST options is stifiling. Lots of other clubs up and down the UK have a multitude of options when it comes to picking your ST. Why not introduce seperate prices for upper & lower tier or if you sit/stand in the edge section of the stand or the middle? If you give fans a wealth of options and benefits to buy or renew surely ST sales would grow.

The board need to reward supporter loyalty too. Freezing or even slightly lowering the price for people who continue to renew ST's. I'm not talking about do it before June 24th etc. Rather if they renew before the first home game of the season, also why not give ST holders free entry to preseason friendlys or even one free cup match. What about loyalty points. I know the yams have a laughable version, Im not talking about anything like they have but, I will post it to give a rough example:

Hearts operates a successful Hearts Loyalty Points scheme.
Supporters receive Hearts Loyalty Points for:

Buying a Season Ticket - 20 points

Booking a ticket for home matches - 1 point per match

Being a shareholder (+200 shares) - 10 points

Being former shareholder who sold their shares to UBIG - 10 points :lolyam:

Booking tickets for away matches (where advanced sales apply) - varies

Unsuccesful away match application - 1 point per person

Booking Hearts Travel to away games - 1 point per match

Ok now that's out of the way, what about for every away Cat-A game you buy a ticket for you get points. The same with buying Cup game tickets, or even buying tickets for lapsed Hibbys for mucho points. These points could be redemeed as discount in the Club store or Hibs-TV subs, or even for renewing ST's What seems clear to me is while we have made some great progress regarding clubs communication and ST instalment plans. We are far far behind other clubs when it comes to ST options.

JustSimplyHibs
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I think I will end up getting a half season ticket for me and my nephew, it makes for a good xmas present. Hibs can learn a fair bit about season ticket structure and pricing from other spl clubs. That manky mob across the road do have cheap ST tickets, as do a lot of other clubs.

The problem we have regarding season tickets is options, or rather the lack of them. If you want to buy a ST you have the choice of a family, single or concession. Ok fair enough. But what if like me you dont want to take young kids to games v the OF, for obvious reasons. Hibs used to have Cat-B season tickets, why not bring these back? I know of plenty people who have little interest in going to OF or even Hearts games. Cat-B tickets would be far cheaper and probably easier to buy on impulse. Now Hibs have to be commended for the installment plan, I know a lot of people use this and long may it continue. But even with this in place the lack of ST options is stifiling. Lots of other clubs up and down the UK have a multitude of options when it comes to picking your ST. Why not introduce seperate prices for upper & lower tier or if you sit/stand in the edge section of the stand or the middle? If you give fans a wealth of options and benefits to buy or renew surely ST sales would grow.

The board need to reward supporter loyalty too. Freezing or even slightly lowering the price for people who continue to renew ST's. I'm not talking about do it before June 24th etc. Rather if they renew before the first home game of the season, also why not give ST holders free entry to preseason friendlys or even one free cup match. What about loyalty points. I know the yams have a laughable version, Im not talking about anything like they have but, I will post it to give a rough example:

Hearts operates a successful Hearts Loyalty Points scheme.
Supporters receive Hearts Loyalty Points for:

Buying a Season Ticket - 20 points

Booking a ticket for home matches - 1 point per match

Being a shareholder (+200 shares) - 10 points

Being former shareholder who sold their shares to UBIG - 10 points :lolyam:

Booking tickets for away matches (where advanced sales apply) - varies

Unsuccesful away match application - 1 point per person

Booking Hearts Travel to away games - 1 point per match

Ok now that's out of the way, what about for every away Cat-A game you buy a ticket for you get points. The same with buying Cup game tickets, or even buying tickets for lapsed Hibbys for mucho points. These points could be redemeed as discount in the Club store or Hibs-TV subs, or even for renewing ST's What seems clear to me is while we have made some great progress regarding clubs communication and ST instalment plans. We are far far behind other clubs when it comes to ST options.

Exactly! These type's of ideas should be passed onto the board for these guys to review and comment on

smurf
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
What was it?

I know a Celtic fan who pays £20 extra for paying up his £550 season ticket monthly...

Around 20% IIRC.

HibsMax
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM

a full season ticket entitles you to all league games Cat A and Bat B and cup games say cost £450

I said something similar to this years ago - the Red Sox have different packages available. There are other options that could be investigated. If I understand things correctly then the season tickets are not books of tickets but they are a card - is it a card with a magnetic strip that you swipe when you go to the ground? If so that means they store data on that card and that opens up more possibilities. For example, say you look at the season (pre-split) and out of the 33 games you identify 21 that you can go to. Rather than buying a season ticket for 33 pre-split games (including 12 that you cannot attend), how about you buy a "season ticket" just for those games? If you decide to attend one of the 12 games that you originally didn't plan to you can either pay at the gate (like usual) or you can add that game to your card online - although your seat might not be available. Or maybe there's an option to swipe your card and be automatically billed for the game later (this would mean your season ticket card would have to be attached to a credit card otherwise Hibs could be faced with the difficult task of collection). There are many options once you start thinking about it, especially if the card can store data. This would allow people to pledge money to the club ahead of the season without committing to games that are not options. It also prevents people from having to spend more money than necessary. If Hibs are already using the season ticket cards for this sort of thing then I don't think it would take a huge investment to add features.

Keith_M
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
... If I understand things correctly then the season tickets are not books of tickets but they are a card - is it a card with a magnetic strip that you swipe when you go to the ground? If so that means they store data on that card and that opens up more possibilities. For example, say you look at the season (pre-split) and out of the 33 games you identify 21 that you can go to. Rather than buying a season ticket for 33 pre-split games (including 12 that you cannot attend), how about you buy a "season ticket" just for those games? If you decide to attend one of the 12 games that you originally didn't plan to you can either pay at the gate (like usual) or you can add that game to your card online - although your seat might not be available. Or maybe there's an option to swipe your card and be automatically billed for the game later (this would mean your season ticket card would have to be attached to a credit card otherwise Hibs could be faced with the difficult task of collection). ...

Yes, it is.

I like your idea. I'm sure that would appeal to a lot of others as well.

It would be good if it was flexible as to which games you could go to; for instance a game being switched to a day you can't make, just to suit TV, gives you an automatic credit for another game.

Bob Box Fish
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Winning team will bring the fans back and nothing else.

In the Mowbray era inc half season tickets there was approx 12k at one point.

happiehibbie
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I think a buy one get half price would be an idea or buy two get one free you get my drift

Largshibby
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Agree with pitlochryhibby. Its not just about the signings or quality of football on offer. We travel 160 mile round trip to games and by the time you factor in that cost it makes an already expensive day really expensive so a season ticket is not an option for us at the moment. The only solution I can think of is a reduced price season ticket for distance supporters to defray the costs of travel. I don't know where you would set the distance limit (79 miles would be good for us) and maybe it would be open to abuse if lots of local supporters used the address of a friend miles away to get a cheaper season ticket. I know of other organisations that use this to entice people from further afield andI believe its quite common in other countries. I did write to the club about this a while back but didn't get a reply so I guess its not something they would consider.

HibsMax
11-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes, it is.

I like your idea. I'm sure that would appeal to a lot of others as well.

It would be good if it was flexible as to which games you could go to; for instance a game being switched to a day you can't make, just to suit TV, gives you an automatic credit for another game.

Good idea. It's such a pain when games are moved to Sundays or midweek. It's a little unfair to change the dates of something that a person has already paid for. If that happens then, as you say, you could get a credit for another game. Or the club shop. I'm not keen in the idea of giving refunds though because the money may have already been used for transfers.

Anyone know who at Hibs looks at these sorts of things?

lucky
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Agree with pitlochryhibby. Its not just about the signings or quality of football on offer. We travel 160 mile round trip to games and by the time you factor in that cost it makes an already expensive day really expensive so a season ticket is not an option for us at the moment. The only solution I can think of is a reduced price season ticket for distance supporters to defray the costs of travel. I don't know where you would set the distance limit (79 miles would be good for us) and maybe it would be open to abuse if lots of local supporters used the address of a friend miles away to get a cheaper season ticket. I know of other organisations that use this to entice people from further afield andI believe its quite common in other countries. I did write to the club about this a while back but didn't get a reply so I guess its not something they would consider.

i understand the cost of travel is high but surely you don't expect discount cos you don't support your local team? or at least Hibs to subsides your travel. To follow your logic then all overseas fans would get into games for nothing. Unworkable and does not help the majority of fans. I am ST holder have to travel around trip of 34 miles to home games but my local team team is a 10 minute walk. I choose to follow Hibs , have done for 30 odd years but dont expect subsidised travel. But all the SPL need to look at pricing should be no more than £20 for Cat A and £15 for Cat B. Hibs have done the right thing for the Berwick game £10/£5

Largshibby
11-08-2011, 03:05 PM
i understand the cost of travel is high but surely you don't expect discount cos you don't support your local team? or at least Hibs to subsides your travel. To follow your logic then all overseas fans would get into games for nothing. Unworkable and does not help the majority of fans. I am ST holder have to travel around trip of 34 miles to home games but my local team team is a 10 minute walk. I choose to follow Hibs , have done for 30 odd years but dont expect subsidised travel. But all the SPL need to look at pricing should be no more than £20 for Cat A and £15 for Cat B. Hibs have done the right thing for the Berwick game £10/£5

Ok, it wasn't a very good choice of words and I certainly don't expect Hibs to subsidise my travel because I choose to support a team 80 miles away. But, I would like to think that the size and stature of Hibs is such that they have supporters of varying numbers all over scotland and beyond and that it would be possible to do something that helps make it more affordable to come to more games. If I told you Morton is my "local" club you would understand why I don't bother going there. I agree with what you say about prices for Cat A and B games and for what its worth, if I lived as close to ER as you I would also have a ST.

matty_f
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, the question was mainly aimed at those that were making the decision not to renew based on the reasons that I listed.

The argument was that the board couldn't spend money without getting in season ticket money, and the counter was that fans wouldn't get season tickets until the board showed some ambition - the consensus was generally that the board had to blink first. It was the chicken and egg situation.

Well the board have blinked, they showed ambition in keeping the manager, they've backed him with signings that we've all been happy about (give or take!).

So if you weren't buying a season ticket because of the above, would you now consider it, or have the board wasted their time?

basehibby
11-08-2011, 04:44 PM

I haven't had a ST for a couple of seasons due to funding/work issues but have been taking a disabled guy along to games lately. If I had been an ongoing ST holder and was wavering then I would definately be encouraged by the recent aquisitions.

matty_f
11-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I haven't had a ST for a couple of seasons due to funding/work issues but have been taking a disabled guy along to games lately. If I had been an ongoing ST holder and was wavering then I would definately be encouraged by the recent aquisitions.

:aok: The reason I asked was a few folk had said similar things, and I wondered if it was reflective of a wider opinion.

3pm
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Exactly! These type's of ideas should be passed onto the board for these guys to review and comment on

Ho Ho Ho! The Jambo's loyalty points! Boy at work phoned and got told he had 122, went into the ticket office and got told he had 115 and got told he had 108 when he logged in online.

That's how the big teams do it. Ticket office folk ken whit's goan oan. My arse.

Ray_
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I think you will find that is maybe the new bog standard excuse for not having a season ticket / going to games. They worked off, the manager is not committed, the team is not good enough, I dont like watching football on a sunday...what was the other one....oh yeah I want all of that for a cheaper price! Now at least 2 of the 4 main ones are away.

I think you will find some will always have an excuse for not going. To go back to the early 2000's and blame the lack of articles in the Evening News from our board and McLeishs team being cashed in on is possibly up there with some of the worst. If some are not over the issue they have created for not going a decade later, then they have their own issues.

You are more than a little premature with one & two are you not!

CraigHibee
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
if i had the coin to buy a season ticket i would buy one, i will get to as many home games as i can, my financial situation dictates that i cant buy a ticket this season :(

EasterRoad4Ever
11-08-2011, 05:43 PM

How about a season ticket, with a cooling-off period up to start of the new season ? Every year I (and many others) buy into the promise/idea that the team will be strengthened over the closed season and we'll be in good shape to compete for 3rd place and cups.

Sadly, Hibs and Petrie could not afford a cooling-off period - too many would have asked for their money back after the utter shambles of the summer. So, like many others, I'll hold onto the hope that our manager grows a pair, is not as bad as he appears, and that the few new players we've signed stay injury/suspension free.

Ray_
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM

I came to the conclusion because that although we had, at the time, the best team since the TT's, the crowds and income created was not befitting the team we had. There was a lot of disenchantment with the board back then & this was well before the T.V. deal going pear shaped.

As a club, we made a far better job of it, with fans onside, during TM's reign, with the club reaping in records amount of tangible income, from all sources of its business. Obviously things got worse when we were down sizing, which came well before SKY pulled out in 2002.

It was the summer of 2000, when Miller was sold, it became clear that things weren't as rosy as being made out, even then, the board were still sending out the wrong signals to the fans, stating Miller didn't have to be sold. Soon after that a derisory contract offer to Sauzee brought more unrest & then we had the Latapy was he wasn't he saga.

The thing was, it wasn't Latapy, Sauzee etc that were the problem, it was the other forty odd huddies that we had bought/signed, that was costing the club a fortune & not contributing on the park, that was the real issue & the fans distrust of the board brought low attendances, despite the team we had.

The problem we had back then was the amount of dead wood the club were paying for was even [far] worse than recent years and the communication from club to the fans was absolutely dreadful, does it sound familiar?

IFONLY
11-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Yer surely having a laugh £450 for a full season ticket and £300 for one without cup games a difference of £150, how many cup games do you think Hibs platy at E.R. in any one season. The prices for the Berwick cup tie have already been cut and I believe that this would happen again if we where drawn against lower oppositio, prices would probably go down to £10/£15 £15/£10, so there wouldnt be much uptake in the £450 season ticket IMO.

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the replies, the question was mainly aimed at those that were making the decision not to renew based on the reasons that I listed.

The argument was that the board couldn't spend money without getting in season ticket money, and the counter was that fans wouldn't get season tickets until the board showed some ambition - the consensus was generally that the board had to blink first. It was the chicken and egg situation.

Well the board have blinked, they showed ambition in keeping the manager, they've backed him with signings that we've all been happy about (give or take!).

So if you weren't buying a season ticket because of the above, would you now consider it, or have the board wasted their time?

I was in a bit of a 'huff' with Hibs during the whole CC going/staying saga and that, on top of the poor results over the last 18 months meant there was no way I would renew this season.

Got the letter from the club last week, watched the vids from FH & SL and I now feel suitably guilty enough to figure that seeing as how the board have done their bit, I should do mine. I'll renew in a fortnight when I get paid.

Albion Hibs
11-08-2011, 07:54 PM
You are more than a little premature with one & two are you not!

Another shot at the club, I do get the feeling you cant help it as you probably dont know you are doing it!

Fact of the matter is if you are raking back to the noughties with a gripe then you will have one issue to replace another is my feeling. Your opinion your view you are more than entitled to it.

Sad thing is too many fans have too many excuses and want too much handed to them on a plate - we have signed 11 players or so in 8 months and still we get "now all we need is a right back..." get real, those that are in the financial position to do so and were on the fence should now get off it.

The OP raised a very good point, as there was many on here who blamed the CC situation and lack of investment for not going to games now that has changed / resolved itself are they looking to invest in a ST, or simply sit back on here and moan away waiting for our next defeat?

HibsMax
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Yer surely having a laugh £450 for a full season ticket and £300 for one without cup games a difference of £150, how many cup games do you think Hibs platy at E.R. in any one season. The prices for the Berwick cup tie have already been cut and I believe that this would happen again if we where drawn against lower oppositio, prices would probably go down to £10/£15 £15/£10, so there wouldnt be much uptake in the £450 season ticket IMO.

the suggestion also excluded Cat A games.

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
the suggestion also excluded Cat A games.Did it? Thats' no what it looks like tae me, it just said excluding cup games. He called it a Cat B ticket as opposed tae a full season ticket and that's maybe the confusion. It reads tae me that he meant for the Cat B ticket tae include all league games and exclude the cup only. It's a nonsense idea anyway, why would anybody pay that much more on the off chance of getting a game, there might not be any home cup games.

Ray_
11-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Another shot at the club, I do get the feeling you cant help it as you probably dont know you are doing it!

Fact of the matter is if you are raking back to the noughties with a gripe then you will have one issue to replace another is my feeling. Your opinion your view you are more than entitled to it.

Sad thing is too many fans have too many excuses and want too much handed to them on a plate - we have signed 11 players or so in 8 months and still we get "now all we need is a right back..." get real, those that are in the financial position to do so and were on the fence should now get off it.

The OP raised a very good point, as there was many on here who blamed the CC situation and lack of investment for not going to games now that has changed / resolved itself are they looking to invest in a ST, or simply sit back on here and moan away waiting for our next defeat?

Where did I have a gripe? I mentioned what was going on then & why the crowds weren't what they should have been, its called a discussion, that's where people share views/opinions/facts, you should try it sometime, rather than tell people what they should be thinking & doing.

In my time I have spent tens of thousands on Hibs & to go to home matches, it involves a 900 mile drive or a train to London & then to Edinburgh, or a flight from Stansted, including the four hours spent waiting in the airport, on a return flight. all options require an overnight stay.

All I got for that effort & cash, was dire football from dire players & I eventually came to the conclusion that there was far better things to do with my time & money that waste it on a team that appeared they couldn't care less.

It'll take a lot more than a totally inept display against Celtic & a narrow win at Inverness to convince me that the corner has been turned.

If your age is correct on your profile, long before you were born, I was bemoaning the fact people weren't going to ER, that's when Hibs had a superb team [TT's] & for a spell during that time, after I had been transferred to a different department, I used to have a late lunch, spend 40 minutes travelling to & fro ER, pay for admission, all for 20 minutes of the game.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Ho Ho Ho! The Jambo's loyalty points! Boy at work phoned and got told he had 122, went into the ticket office and got told he had 115 and got told he had 108 when he logged in online.

That's how the big teams do it. Ticket office folk ken whit's goan oan. My arse.

You can cash in war bonds and get extra ones.

Albion Hibs
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Where did I have a gripe? I mentioned what was going on then & why the crowds weren't what they should have been, its called a discussion, that's where people share views/opinions/facts, you should try it sometime, rather than tell people what they should be thinking & doing.

In my time I have spent tens of thousands on Hibs & to go to home matches, it involves a 900 mile drive or a train to London & then to Edinburgh, or a flight from Stansted, including the four hours spent waiting in the airport, on a return flight. all options require an overnight stay.

All I got for that effort & cash, was dire football from dire players & I eventually came to the conclusion that there was far better things to do with my time & money that waste it on a team that appeared they couldn't care less.

It'll take a lot more than a totally inept display against Celtic & a narrow win at Inverness to convince me that the corner has been turned.

If your age is correct on your profile, long before you were born, I was bemoaning the fact people weren't going to ER, that's when Hibs had a superb team [TT's] & for a spell during that time, after I had been transferred to a different department, I used to have a late lunch, spend 40 minutes travelling to & fro ER, pay for admission, all for 20 minutes of the game.

Well done for you supposed dedication many years ago and of course your age, both a wonderful achievement.

If you have far better things to do with your time and money why do you spend so much time on here having a go at the current state of affairs?

IWasThere2016
11-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as Pitlochry - the time is the key constraint for me.

The fact we actually won a game has improved the atmosphere no end as well.

The club can send all the letters and emails they want and they could sign a hundred players but until we start winning and playing well regularly people won't go back, we've started the ball rolling now and i think if we can pick up a few good results in the coming weeks then some sort of order will be restored in terms of crowd numbers.

Thats not trying to detract from the efforts the club have made to communicate with us because i do appreciate they're trying, i just think all this extra off field stuff is pretty irrelevant if the team is doing well.

Yup - the only lasting USP is the team/football

Good point by scott_b also re the PP :agree:

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 09:04 PM

Are you for real? Hibs should give you cheaper tickets because you live further from ER? I live in Cambridge, should they be paying me to go?

I think this succinctly demonstrates the fact that the club can never please everyone...there will always be someone else popping up with a ridiculous new demand.

marinello59
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Looks like the whole point of the thread has been missed. There were plenty willing to posture and say they would not renew because the club weren't doing x,y and z. Now the club has done what they demanded other barriers appear.
May I be the first to say unless the club offers free pies as part of next years early bird deal I won't be renewing. And if they do make that offer I won't renew because they would only be doing it to keep me sweet.

Ray_
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Well done for you supposed dedication many years ago and of course your age, both a wonderful achievement.

If you have far better things to do with your time and money why do you spend so much time on here having a go at the current state of affairs?

I think you are taking yourself too seriously, I don't have to answer to you when & where I spend my time?

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Looks like the whole point of the thread has been missed. There were plenty willing to posture and say they would not renew because the club weren't doing x,y and z. Now the club has done what they demanded other barriers appear.
May I be the first to say unless the club offers free pies as part of next years early bird deal I won't be renewing. And if they do make that offer I won't renew because they would only be doing it to keep me sweet.I won't be renewing unless we can have a somebody going round the stand selling Macaroon Bars and Spearmint Chewing Gum. :agree:

marinello59
11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I won't be renewing unless we can have a somebody going round the stand selling Macaroon Bars and Spearmint Chewing Gum. :agree:

Those were the days. :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I won't be renewing unless we can have a somebody going round the stand selling Macaroon Bars and Spearmint Chewing Gum. :agree:

Am I right in thinking that the jumpers have been replaced with goalposts this year?

PETRIE you fiend! :grr::grr:

Removed
11-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Those were the days. :thumbsup: :agree: was it the fences that stopped that, I can't remember? Would be good to see them back again and the police dogs at half time :greengrin

KB1
11-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I have always thought that hibs should do deals with other businesses/shops so that season ticket holders upon production of their ticket can get discounts, say 10% at Tyres by Farmer, or 10% off at Sports Direct etc..., local businesses should embrace the idea because they would potentially get advertising via a booklet given with the season ticket to approx 10,000 potential customers!!!

Albion Hibs
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I think you are taking yourself too seriously, I don't have to answer to you when & where I spend my time?

You made a comment about having better things to do with your time and money, things that dont involve Hibs, I simply asked why you then spend time on here?

Ray_
11-08-2011, 10:00 PM
You made a comment about having better things to do with your time and money, things that dont involve Hibs, I simply asked why you then spend time on here?

You are a peach, the time & money I mentioned was watching Hibs, I'm not aware that's done on a forum such as this :rolleyes:

Largshibby
11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Are you for real? Hibs should give you cheaper tickets because you live further from ER? I live in Cambridge, should they be paying me to go?

I think this succinctly demonstrates the fact that the club can never please everyone...there will always be someone else popping up with a ridiculous new demand.

Can you read? I said supporters who live a long way away could be enticed into buying a season ticket if there was some sort of discount to reflect the cost of getting to games. Its an opinion, not a demand, something even you might benefit from. In answer to your question - yes I am real and I was paying money into Hibs 6 years before you were even born.

matty_f
11-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Looks like the whole point of the thread has been missed. There were plenty willing to posture and say they would not renew because the club weren't doing x,y and z. Now the club has done what they demanded other barriers appear.May I be the first to say unless the club offers free pies as part of next years early bird deal I won't be renewing. And if they do make that offer I won't renew because they would only be doing it to keep me sweet.:agree:

jbwhibs70
11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
All a bit sad really after 24 hours asking posters if they will renew we have one possible new season ticket holder,what happened to the moaning minnies who asked for better signings before they renewed.Hibs balance the books two ways,season tickets and selling players,seems like we will lose Booth and his like quicker than we want to

matty_f
11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
All a bit sad really after 24 hours asking posters if they will renew we have one possible new season ticket holder,what happened to the moaning minnies who asked for better signings before they renewed.Hibs balance the books two ways,season tickets and selling players,seems like we will lose Booth and his like quicker than we want toThere were lots of posts iirc saying that the club had to blink first, that if the club showed ambition then people would buy season tickets. I wonder if that was just bollocks then.

Removed
11-08-2011, 11:43 PM
There were lots of posts iirc saying that the club had to blink first, that if the club showed ambition then people would buy season tickets. I wonder if that was just bollocks then. I've got a pretty pish memory and it's not easy searching threads on the phone - can you remember who posted the lots of posts?

HibsMax
12-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Did it? Thats' no what it looks like tae me, it just said excluding cup games. He called it a Cat B ticket as opposed tae a full season ticket and that's maybe the confusion. It reads tae me that he meant for the Cat B ticket tae include all league games and exclude the cup only. It's a nonsense idea anyway, why would anybody pay that much more on the off chance of getting a game, there might not be any home cup games.

Yes. I think?

I like the idea of people being given the option to choose which games they want to attend each season and paying for them upfront. Of course I can see problems with that e.g, Drunk Bobby trying to get into a game that he hasn't paid for but which he thinks he has.

matty_f
12-08-2011, 07:01 AM
I've got a pretty pish memory and it's not easy searching threads on the phone - can you remember who posted the lots of posts? Billy, I can't remember who spoke to me yesterday never mind who is making what posts!

nonshinyfinish
12-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Can you read? I said supporters who live a long way away could be enticed into buying a season ticket if there was some sort of discount to reflect the cost of getting to games. Its an opinion, not a demand, something even you might benefit from. In answer to your question - yes I am real and I was paying money into Hibs 6 years before you were even born.

Yes, I'm quite a capable reader, congratulations on being older than me though.

With the exception of changing the the word 'demand' to 'opinion', I stand by what I said. The idea that Hibs (or any club, or any business) would reduce their prices because you have chosen to live further away from them is ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, I'm quite a capable reader, congratulations on being older than me though.

With the exception of changing the the word 'demand' to 'opinion', I stand by what I said. The idea that Hibs (or any club, or any business) would reduce their prices because you have chosen to live further away from them is ridiculous.

I live over 200 miles away, and all i ask is they play as many games as possible at 3pm on a saturday. The idea that someone gets a discount because you live further than someone else is just ludicrous, and open to so much fiddling it could never work.

Plus its not fair on those who pay the fuller price, those who might have 4 kids one wage coming in and struggling but live in albion road, should they get it cheaper too?

Phil MaGlass
12-08-2011, 08:30 AM
If I still lived in Edinburgh I wouldnt consider a ST, stadiums half empty most weeks, save a bit of money by not going to overpriced, live, sunday 12.00hr k.o. I would like to go to ER for more games but the way the games are changed to suit TV doesnt help me or many others.
We have a stadium that gets roughly on average 12-13thou. Fill the stadium with kids from underprivelaged areas of Edinburgh, hand tickets out to the large Polish community in Leith, invite kids football clubs along, just do anything to fill the stadium and give it some kind of an atmosphere. Get some rousing music on before the game and pom pom girls.
Have (in the summer,so the grass can grow again) a reserve game on before the main game.Ah dunno, just get the fans back through the gates. A full stadium will generate an atmosphere, what kid doesnae want to come back to another game after experiencing a noisy game?

down-the-slope
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I live over 200 miles away, and all i ask is they play as many games as possible at 3pm on a saturday. The idea that someone gets a discount because you live further than someone else is just ludicrous, and open to so much fiddling it could never work.

Plus its not fair on those who pay the fuller price, those who might have 4 kids one wage coming in and struggling but live in albion road, should they get it cheaper too?

:agree: I think this is the most often complained of issue of past few years (even more than signings / managers / standard of play ?) and we need to campaign to get a voice on this.

Maybe all it needs is the Exec's to explain the importance financially of the status quo / reduction in player budget if not possible to alter - but the perception is that the fans are not considered in this.

However back to OP main point - its dissapointing that the club having made great strides on a number of fronts / responding to complaints, its not being matched by increased resolve by fans to attend matches / buy ST's after all the 'I won't till they.....' type posts that filled the board during most of July.....

So did these posters mean that they wanted a better team to listen to on the radio / watch on TV but due to a whole range of reasons would still not go to matches even if this did happen ?

bpw
12-08-2011, 09:03 AM
:agree: I think this is the most often complained of issue of past few years (even more than signings / managers / standard of play ?) and we need to campaign to get a voice on this.

Maybe all it needs is the Exec's to explain the importance financially of the status quo / reduction in player budget if not possible to alter - but the perception is that the fans are not considered in this.

However back to OP main point - its dissapointing that the club having made great strides on a number of fronts / responding to complaints, its not being matched by increased resolve by fans to attend matches / buy ST's after all the 'I won't till they.....' type posts that filled the board during most of July.....

So did these posters mean that they wanted a better team to listen to on the radio / watch on TV but due to a whole range of reasons would still not go to matches even if this did happen ?

As posted on over threads not getting a season ticket for me was unrelated to quality of football and signings, main issue is the kick off times and resultant prospect of half empty stadiums when we play the Old Firm - and not liking the new East Stand much is another (less critical) factor.

ahibby
12-08-2011, 09:09 AM
I was a dissenter mainly because of my opinion of the board of management, I didn't think they were up to the footballing side of things. However, that was before we knew that CC was staying and the recent batch of players came in. Now that we seem to be sure the manager is staying and we have some good signings in to compliment some young talent we already have, I can't use that as a reason for not buying a ST.n Atleast now we have a chance of challenging for the top four or five positions in the league.

weecounty hibby
12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
If I still lived in Edinburgh I wouldnt consider a ST, stadiums half empty most weeks, save a bit of money by not going to overpriced, live, sunday 12.00hr k.o. I would like to go to ER for more games but the way the games are changed to suit TV doesnt help me or many others.
We have a stadium that gets roughly on average 12-13thou. Fill the stadium with kids from underprivelaged areas of Edinburgh, hand tickets out to the large Polish community in Leith, invite kids football clubs along, just do anything to fill the stadium and give it some kind of an atmosphere. Get some rousing music on before the game and pom pom girls.
Have (in the summer,so the grass can grow again) a reserve game on before the main game.Ah dunno, just get the fans back through the gates. A full stadium will generate an atmosphere, what kid doesnae want to come back to another game after experiencing a noisy game?

Totally agree with all of this. With a 20,000 capacity stadium there is no need for anyone to have an ST. It is not value for money when games are moved to suit TV and you then can't make them. I would bet that over the course of a season most STs miss at least one game and probably more. I know of three who missed the Celtic game as they were away on holiday.

marinello59
12-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Totally agree with all of this. With a 20,000 capacity stadium there is no need for anyone to have an ST. It is not value for money when games are moved to suit TV and you then can't make them. I would bet that over the course of a season most STs miss at least one game and probably more. I know of three who missed the Celtic game as they were away on holiday.

There are plenty of good reasons to get a season ticket. Priority purchase for away games and cup games. Entry to Behind the Goals pre-match. Having the same seat every week near family / friends. Not having to pay transaction charges if buying in advance. Not having to stand in queues on match day to buy a ticket. Ten pound off the cost of a top this season. Free cup up top up if you bought early. And that intangible benefit, feeling like you are a part of the club.

Removed
12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Totally agree with all of this. With a 20,000 capacity stadium there is no need for anyone to have an ST. It is not value for money when games are moved to suit TV and you then can't make them. I would bet that over the course of a season most STs miss at least one game and probably more. I know of three who missed the Celtic game as they were away on holiday. I buy a ST for lots of other reasons but mainly convenience and so I can sit in the same seat every week beside family members.

Largshibby
12-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Supporters with children already get reduced admissions as do OAPs etc. A "Concession" is a discount by another name so in that respect I don't really see the difference between them and my suggestion for distance supporters. Maybe it wouldn't work but we won't know that its ludicrous until we try. The club really needs to put more bums on seats and any initiative is worth a try. The cost of admission is only part of the deal. Once you get to the ground and the emotional element kicks in it is very hard not to spend more money on merchandise, food, programmes etc especially with a 14 year old alongside so any discount is recouped to some extent anyway. Cost to Hibs overall probably negligible. Every respect for someone travelling all the way from Blackpool to ER by the way.

bpw
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
There are plenty of good reasons to get a season ticket. Priority purchase for away games and cup games. Entry to Behind the Goals pre-match. Having the same seat every week near family / friends. Not having to pay transaction charges if buying in advance. Not having to stand in queues on match day to buy a ticket. Ten pound off the cost of a top this season. Free cup up top up if you bought early. And that intangible benefit, feeling like you are a part of the club.

Not sure this stands up, as follows:

1 As above increased number of early kick-offs for big games make priority tickets non-issue.

2 Never go to Behind the Goals - better ambience in nearby pubs and social club

3 Prefer freedom to move about than have specified area of ground

4 Transaction charges are a scam but many usually buy tickets at ground anyway if locally-based

5 Agree here about top but not an incentive in itself

6 Cup top up an attraction but I prefer cup games to SPL anyway and happy paying full whack for these while I would hesitate for many SPL games

7 Agree here but feel Hibs have assumed many fans will buy regardless because of this - one reason why I stoped last season

marinello59
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM

1 As above increased number of early kick-offs for big games make priority tickets non-issue.

4 Transaction charges are a scam but many usually buy tickets at ground anyway if locally-based

6 Cup top up an attraction but I prefer cup games to SPL anyway and happy paying full whack for these while I would hesitate for many SPL games

7 Agree here but feel Hibs have assumed many fans will buy regardless because of this - one reason why I stoped last season

Damn, you are right. All the reasons that make me happy with my season ticket purchases are wrong. I am gonna phone up and ask for a refund. :greengrin

marinello59
12-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Supporters with children already get reduced admissions as do OAPs etc. A "Concession" is a discount by another name so in that respect I don't really see the difference between them and my suggestion for distance supporters. Maybe it wouldn't work but we won't know that its ludicrous until we try. The club really needs to put more bums on seats and any initiative is worth a try. The cost of admission is only part of the deal. Once you get to the ground and the emotional element kicks in it is very hard not to spend more money on merchandise, food, programmes etc especially with a 14 year old alongside so any discount is recouped to some extent anyway. Cost to Hibs overall probably negligible. Every respect for someone travelling all the way from Blackpool to ER by the way.

Basing season ticket prices on the purchasers declared place of residence would be ludicrous and open to abuse. Support your local team if that is an issue.

Chuck Rhoades
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
First time I haven't renewed as a ST holder for 8 years. I will 100% be buying a half ST over Christmas. This is because of recent signings, the board backing the gaffer and the 'open and honest' approach/communications coming from the board. On top of the more positive atmosphere amoungst supporters and the excitement of the 12th man's progress with further Green Days/better match day atmosphere.

I have already missed the Celtic match and cannot make 3/4 other home games in the run to December, so half ST suits me best. Will pick and choose the home games I attend until I get the half ST.

The Club have changed my mind about me renewing, as three months ago I had no intention of doing so.

Largshibby
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Basing season ticket prices on the purchasers declared place of residence would be ludicrous and open to abuse. Support your local team if that is an issue.

The club has been building up a database of supporters details for years now so it would be easy to establish if any number of supporters were suddenly registering a different address. You can use very simple data matching techniques. If the club aren't going to use the information they hold about us then there's not much point in having it. When I started supporting Hibs they were my local club but work commitments etc mean I no longer live nearby. How many supporters do you know that have changed their allegiance because they move to another area. There's only one club I want to benefit from my money and thats Hibs.

marinello59
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
The club has been building up a database of supporters details for years now so it would be easy to establish if any number of supporters were suddenly registering a different address. You can use very simple data matching techniques. If the club aren't going to use the information they hold about us then there's not much point in having it. When I started supporting Hibs they were my local club but work commitments etc mean I no longer live nearby. How many supporters do you know that have changed their allegiance because they move to another area. There's only one club I want to benefit from my money and thats Hibs.

Why should anybody get a cheaper ticket just because they don't live close to the ground? Seriously, should I get a discount for attending Touring car meetings down South? Or a gig in Glasgow? How would the shortfall in income be made up to pay for this? By increasing the costs for others who live nearby? Sorry, the idea has no merit whatsoever.

joebakerforever
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
It might be that some are waiting to see if the new signings actually do transform Hibs into potential top six candidates before they consider buying a half season ticket for the second half of the campaign.

It is those people who are not 100% committed who are the target for the club to aim at, and a successful run up to Christmas might convince them to return.

Gatecrasher
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
May I be the first to say unless the club offers free pies as part of next years early bird deal I won't be renewing. And if they do make that offer I won't renew because they would only be doing it to keep me sweet.

its definately a fair point he's making, there has been a lot of moaning this summer, some justified some not. hibs have addressed a lot of the issues posted on here and it will be interesting to see the attendance at the St Mirren game :agree:

Largshibby
12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Why should anybody get a cheaper ticket just because they don't live close to the ground? Seriously, should I get a discount for attending Touring car meetings down South? Or a gig in Glasgow? How would the shortfall in income be made up to pay for this? By increasing the costs for others who live nearby? Sorry, the idea has no merit whatsoever.

No need to be sorry, opinions are what the Forum is all about. We don't have season tickets. We go to matches as and when we can afford to but if there was a season ticket that suited us then we would go for that. Along with the various additional expenses associated with attending a game I believe this would result in more money to the club so there is no shortfall to be made up by others. Regarding your comment about touring cars and Glasgow gigs the answer is yes.

silverhibee
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM

How have the board blinked first Matty, maybe i am reading your post wrong but you are making out that the board have maybe increased CC budget and gave him extra funds to bring in players, as far as i remember the manager and board said that they had kept some funds back so that they could bring in a couple of players from down South but wee would have to be patient and wait for English teams to start pre-season and find out what players were available, and that has happened and happy with the players brought in, but the funds were already there from season tickets sold for this season and we got rid of a few players from last season who were high earners, CC told us all the money brought in from ST sales would go on bringing new players to the club, and i am sure that is what has happened, but to say the board have blinked first is wrong when the funds were already there to bring these players to the club, its not as if the the board has said to CC, since you have decided to stay here at Hibs wee will up the budget for you Colin, thats not happened, all thats happened is the manager has spent most if not it all the budget from ST sales on strengthing the team.

Its the boards job to to get funds for the manager to bring in players each season, they get paid very well for that job, to say that second bit in bold Matty is wrong, no they have not wasted there time, they have gave the manager a budget to work with and thats what CC will do with it, as i have said the board imo have not increased CC budget, but only gave him what they have from ST sales and other revenues that are brought in to the club, or were the board keeping money back just in case they had lost CC to BCFC, to make sure there was some funds for a new manager to spend, yes the board have stepped up in the last few weeks and there is not many who can complain about what they are saying, but dont try and pull the wool over our eyes by syaing the board have blinked first with money that is already there to spend on players, if they had incresaed the budget then they would have blinked first but that hasn't happened here.

Anyway our squad is starting to look very good for the season ahead and with a few more good results on the pitch then the fans who are staying away may just start to come back if the product on the park is doing well on it again, wee were put through 18 months of torture Matty watching Hibs and i can understand why people have decided not to renew there ST this time round, it is now up to the manager and players to make these fans change there minds and hopefully convince these fans to come back and watch Hibs again. :aok: Winning games will do that.

PatHead
12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Not planning to get a season just now but every chance I might at Christmas time. Until then I will pay at the gate if I can make it.

Agree there should be an improvement on last season but it is not a benchmark we should be setting the team. Based on the size of the club and facilities Hibs should be challenging ever season for 3rd and nothing less is acceptable. Lets face it most of Scottish football is utter pi## and if we can't finish above most of these clubs things are bad. I can't accept we should expect to finish behind Motherwell or Kilmarnock or St Mirren

If we do get to that position season tickets will see a massive boost at Christmas as we all hurry to ensure our priority Scottish Cup Final as the jinx is finally smashed.

marinello59
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
No need to be sorry, opinions are what the Forum is all about. We don't have season tickets. We go to matches as and when we can afford to but if there was a season ticket that suited us then we would go for that. Along with the various additional expenses associated with attending a game I believe this would result in more money to the club so there is no shortfall to be made up by others. Regarding your comment about touring cars and Glasgow gigs the answer is yes.

The relationship between what we pay in Scotland and the quality on show broke down years ago. I am not so sure Hibs can act unilaterally in offering signficant price reductions to make it a more affordble day out for all and in particular families in your situation. The SPL as a whole needs to work together on this. Which we all know will never happen.

down-the-slope
12-08-2011, 01:57 PM
How have the board blinked first Matty, maybe i am reading your post wrong but you are making out that the board have maybe increased CC budget and gave him extra funds to bring in players, as far as i remember the manager and board said that they had kept some funds back so that they could bring in a couple of players from down South but wee would have to be patient and wait for English teams to start pre-season and find out what players were available, and that has happened and happy with the players brought in, but the funds were already there from season tickets sold for this season and we got rid of a few players from last season who were high earners, CC told us all the money brought in from ST sales would go on bringing new players to the club, and i am sure that is what has happened, but to say the board have blinked first is wrong when the funds were already there to bring these players to the club, its not as if the the board has said to CC, since you have decided to stay here at Hibs wee will up the budget for you Colin, thats not happened, all thats happened is the manager has spent most if not it all the budget from ST sales on strengthing the team.

Its the boards job to to get funds for the manager to bring in players each season, they get paid very well for that job, to say that second bit in bold Matty is wrong, no they have not wasted there time, they have gave the manager a budget to work with and thats what CC will do with it, as i have said the board imo have not increased CC budget, but only gave him what they have from ST sales and other revenues that are brought in to the club, or were the board keeping money back just in case they had lost CC to BCFC, to make sure there was some funds for a new manager to spend, yes the board have stepped up in the last few weeks and there is not many who can complain about what they are saying, but dont try and pull the wool over our eyes by syaing the board have blinked first with money that is already there to spend on players, if they had incresaed the budget then they would have blinked first but that hasn't happened here.

Anyway our squad is starting to look very good for the season ahead and with a few more good results on the pitch then the fans who are staying away may just start to come back if the product on the park is doing well on it again, wee were put through 18 months of torture Matty watching Hibs and i can understand why people have decided not to renew there ST this time round, it is now up to the manager and players to make these fans change there minds and hopefully convince these fans to come back and watch Hibs again. :aok: Winning games will do that.

Silver..but that was only said a couple of weeks ago in response to some of the negative stuff being treated as FACT (apparently this has to be in capitals to be...well fact :wink:)

I agree with your point about budget / ST sales etc...but the issue was that many many on here were doubting that money was ever going to go to strengthen squad, and refusing to accept the limitations of the way the transfer window works for a club like ours, meaning that deals were always more likely the further time went on....in other words an issue of trust.

jbwhibs70
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
There are plenty of good reasons to get a season ticket. Priority purchase for away games and cup games. Entry to Behind the Goals pre-match. Having the same seat every week near family / friends. Not having to pay transaction charges if buying in advance. Not having to stand in queues on match day to buy a ticket. Ten pound off the cost of a top this season. Free cup up top up if you bought early. And that intangible benefit, feeling like you are a part of the club. Well said that man:flag:

sKipper
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
In all honesty I can't say I've been excited with our signings.

Time may prove me wrong but I am currently not motivated to renew again.

hibs0666
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
It would appear from this thread that very few if any have been motivated to spend their time, and hard-earned, by the turnaround in the squad despite comments to the contrary a few weeks back.

I think we're back to the hard core diehards to be honest, and crowds might grow as and when we start winning regularly and/or the economy starts growing again.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
It would appear from this thread that very few if any have been motivated to spend their time, and hard-earned, by the turnaround in the squad despite comments to the contrary a few weeks back.

I think we're back to the hard core diehards to be honest, and crowds might grow as and when we start winning regularly and/or the economy starts growing again.

To be fair, the new signings may all be fantastic players who take us to where i believe we should be. Yet if we are honest, none of us have really seen any of them, none of us really know if they are any good? So until such times as they are playing and results improve, i don't expect to see any rise in attendances.

Removed
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
To be fair, the new signings may all be fantastic players who take us to where i believe we should be. Yet if we are honest, none of us have really seen any of them, none of us really know if they are any good? So until such times as they are playing and results improve, i don't expect to see any rise in attendances. :agree: which I why I still can't get excited wheras others are and think we can now push on and challenge in the top half of the league. Feels like wishful thinking on their part (and I really hope it happens) but I have absolutely no evidence on which to base that feeling other than wishful thinking.

weecounty hibby
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Agree with 1,2,4,5. The only thing that would make me buy an ST again is to get seats beside my mates. On point 7, I have felt part of the club since I first attended ER back in the early seventies. I still spend a fair amount of money at the club, just not on an ST anymore

hibs0666
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
:agree: which I why I still can't get excited wheras others are and think we can now push on and challenge in the top half of the league. Feels like wishful thinking on their part (and I really hope it happens) but I have absolutely no evidence on which to base that feeling other than wishful thinking.

That's the same situation facing anyone buying a season ticket.

IMHO there's absolutely no problem whatsoever in people wanting to watch a winning team. IMHO it would be good if people were up-front about that rather than having a pop at the club for their decision not to purchase a season ticket.

Removed
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
That's the same situation facing anyone buying a season ticket.IMHO there's absolutely no problem whatsoever in people wanting to watch a winning team. IMHO it would be good if people were up-front about that rather than having a pop at the club for their decision not to purchase a season ticket. I want to watch a winning team too, who in their right mind wouldn't. Every season I have bought my ST in hope that we will win more than we lose, skelp the yams at ER and mibbe win a trophy. More often than not I am disappointed but I still do it. Next season economics might dictate that I can't.......unless I get the west lothian discount :greengrin

hibs0666
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM

I take your points. For me a season ticket is a purchase made based on emotion. There might be certain marginal benefits but, fundamentally, the purchase is being made to benefit the club, not benefit the individual making the purchase.

As soon as people start thinking seriously what is in it for them then the probability that an individual will not renew starts to skyrocket. The big challenge facing Hibs then is to re-new that emotional bond with as many people as possible.

hibs0666
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I want to watch a winning team too, who in their right mind wouldn't. Every season I have bought my ST in hope that we will win more than we lose, skelp the yams at ER and mibbe win a trophy. More often than not I am disappointed but I still do it. Next season economics might dictate that I can't.

Fair do's. I think season ticket re-newers also have that hope, but their support for the club is not conditional on a winning team.

Removed
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Fair do's. I think season ticket re-newers also have that hope, but their support for the club is not conditional on a winning team. I know, I am one. I know the script :agree:

The_Sauz
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
and a carton of Orange juice :wink:

down the slope
14-08-2011, 02:23 PM

"Changed resolved itself" !.

joe breezy
14-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I'll buy a season ticket when we play in a British or European league, until then never

MSK
14-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I'll buy a season ticket when we play in a British or European league, until then neverWould that make us a better team ..?

marinello59
14-08-2011, 03:08 PM
"Changed resolved itself" !.

You must be pretty chuffed then.

Hibs7
14-08-2011, 03:23 PM
After todays display I think that would be a resounding NO to a season ticket.

sKipper
14-08-2011, 03:29 PM
There were lots of posts iirc saying that the club had to blink first, that if the club showed ambition then people would buy season tickets. I wonder if that was just bollocks then.

When the club does show ambition ( if ever ) I will be back like a shot.:agree:

Not under the current dross out - dross in strategy though.

joe breezy
14-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Would that make us a better team ..?

Yes as it would result in better media money so more cash to invest in players.
It would also mean playing at a better standard.

I made the comment in the context of someone who lives in London though. If I lived in Edinburgh I'd be much more likely to but a season ticket for a Scottish League.

MSK
14-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes as it would result in better media money so more cash to invest in players.
It would also mean playing at a better standard.

I made the comment in the context of someone who lives in London though. If I lived in Edinburgh I'd be much more likely to but a season ticket for a Scottish League.Ah ..more media money ..you mean more tv money so more of us will plank our erses in front of the telly every weekend ..?

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2011, 04:31 PM
That today would clearly not help sales, in fact it willmake it harder.

joe breezy
14-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Ah ..more media money ..you mean more tv money so more of us will plank our erses in front of the telly every weekend ..?

I'm not sure - I'm watching an absolutely packed Hawthorns ground at the moment, which is definitely live on TV.
If the football is better more people will go, it's better being there. Hibs v AEK Athens was on the telly as is Hearts v Spurs which sold out as fast as they could sell the tickets.

The focus for Hibs should be playing the best football possible at the highest level possible. I'm not sure that can be achieved in the SPL.

HibbyDave
14-08-2011, 05:37 PM
NO.

I recently wrote to Fife Hyland to tell him why......Ten Team League, manager who would not commit, match pricing, etc etc.

The reply he gave me was polite but failed to comment on my reasoning (except the part about Ten team league being "best for hibernian"). He simply ignored my comments regarding a manager who could have killed ALL the speculation pre-season by making a statement but preferring to "look into sweetie bags".
I also said in my letter that if the manager really has family closness concerns then the board have failed in their due diligence when recruiting him ...also ignored in the reply from Hibs.

For these reasons...I'm out as a season ticket holder.

Alfred E Newman
14-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure - I'm watching an absolutely packed Hawthorns ground at the moment, which is definitely live on TV.
If the football is better more people will go, it's better being there. Hibs v AEK Athens was on the telly as is Hearts v Spurs which sold out as fast as they could sell the tickets.

The focus for Hibs should be playing the best football possible at the highest level possible. I'm not sure that can be achieved in the SPL.

Don`t think so.

MSK
14-08-2011, 05:59 PM
NO.

I recently wrote to Fife Hyland to tell him why......Ten Team League, manager who would not commit, match pricing, etc etc.

The reply he gave me was polite but failed to comment on my reasoning (except the part about Ten team league being "best for hibernian"). He simply ignored my comments regarding a manager who could have killed ALL the speculation pre-season by making a statement but preferring to "look into sweetie bags".
I also said in my letter that if the manager really has family closness concerns then the board have failed in their due diligence when recruiting him ...also ignored in the reply from Hibs.

For these reasons...I'm out as a season ticket holder.Calderwood is still here ..isnt that commitment ..or do you want him tae chap on your door & tell you so..!!!

Jeezo ..he is manager of hibs & building the team but folk still want something tae mump their gum's aboot !!

HibbyDave
14-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Calderwood is still here ..isnt that commitment ..or do you want him tae chap on your door & tell you so..!!!

Jeezo ..he is manager of hibs & building the team but folk still want something tae mump their gum's aboot !!

I think the point may have been lost on you. I was stating to Fife that the reasons for not renewing were a combination of things, including the boards different stance to mine regarding whether or not a ten team league is better for hibs and the fact that despite stll being here, CC could have and should have made a statement AT THAT TIME about being commited to the job. Instead, HE CHOSE to make a statement about "Bags of sweeties to look into" if you believe that he is commited to the job great....me I think the only reason he is here is that nobody rated him highly enough to come up with cash Hibs board were demanding as compensation. He would be of like a shot given the chance (Just my opinion likes!).
For these reasons I have not and will not renew after 40 years blindly following Hibs.

Never felt so disaffected about Hibs as I do now.

MSK
14-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I think the point may have been lost on you. I was stating to Fife that the reasons for not renewing were a combination of things, including the boards different stance to mine regarding whether or not a ten team league is better for hibs and the fact that despite stll being here, CC could have and should have made a statement AT THAT TIME about being commited to the job. Instead, HE CHOSE to make a statement about "Bags of sweeties to look into" if you believe that he is commited to the job great....me I think the only reason he is here is that nobody rated him highly enough to come up with cash Hibs board were demanding as compensation. He would be of like a shot given the chance (Just my opinion likes!).
For these reasons I have not and will not renew after 40 years blindly following Hibs.

Never felt so disaffected about Hibs as I do now.Calderwood can leave at any time he wants ..whether he commited himself or not ..all he has to do is resign ..what's the fuss about ..?..loyalty means nowt nowaday's ..you should know that ..

We could get another manager in the morn & his words may mean zilch ..words are only that ..just words ..

Look no further than Mcleish & Mowbray

HibbyDave
14-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Calderwood can leave at any time he wants ..whether he commited himself or not ..all he has to do is resign[B] ..what's the fuss about ..?..loyalty means nowt nowaday's ..you should know that ..

We could get another manager in the morn & his words may mean zilch ..words are only that ..just words ..

Look no further than Mcleish & Mowbray

Why do you think he didn't go when alledgedly there were clubs after his services?
Corporate responsability means he had to say something at that time but HE CHOSE to say something about ****in sweeties when he had the chance to clear the air. Apart from that, I did say there were many other reasons for not renewing such as ten team league etc. My loyalty is not the issue. I can CHOOSE when to attend matches instead of feeling obliged to attend just because I bought a season ticket again.

Opinions though eh?

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh Gawd...we still have 'fans' not going back until / because....and citing Mangers loyalty...:faf:

obviously irony of this is missed by such :rolleyes:

down the slope
14-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh Gawd...we still have 'fans' not going back until / because....and citing Mangers loyalty...:faf:

The managers loyalty never lasted nine months , mines been for fifty years !.

The Falcon
14-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Are you guys related?? :greengrin

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 07:50 PM

:clapper:

down-the-slope
14-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Are you guys related?? :greengrin

Both Abrahams sons :agree:

HibbyDave
15-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Oh Gawd...............Never said Not Going back until/because so less of the "Fans" please.

The discussion is about whether or not a season ticket was to be renewed. The points made/laboured previously are simply that as the manager has chosen to "Look into sweetie bags" and the board don't share my view of the best interests of the club/supporters regarding the league set-up then I have chosen to withold my cash and attend only when it suits me. Thankfully, I saved the gate money demanded for the Celtc match (£28?), I will also not attend the match this weekend (saving a further £25?) as I have chosen to go to the rugby and enjoy a healthy atmosphere and a few pints!!
GGTTH

down-the-slope
15-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh Gawd...............Never said Not Going back until/because so less of the "Fans" please.

The discussion is about whether or not a season ticket was to be renewed. The points made/laboured previously are simply that as the manager has chosen to "Look into sweetie bags" and the board don't share my view of the best interests of the club/supporters regarding the league set-up then I have chosen to withold my cash and attend only when it suits me. Thankfully, I saved the gate money demanded for the Celtc match (£28?), I will also not attend the match this weekend (saving a further £25?) as I have chosen to go to the rugby and enjoy a healthy atmosphere and a few pints!!
GGTTH

Was not aimed at any specific poster...but seems you have chosen to wear the cap

HibbyDave
15-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Was not aimed at any specific poster...but seems you have chosen to wear the cap

Ach well it fitted AT THE TIME:greengrin Just wondered why you joined the conversation when you did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I spent £27 on a ticket for The Hammers game on Saturday. Whilst the game wasn't up to much the away fans were outstanding, not enjoyed an atmosphere at a game so much since Scotland v Spain. Atmosphere makes such a difference especially when the on field fare is so poor. Apart from OF games, the atmosphere at SPL games is pretty much non existent.

CabbageBoy
16-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I spent £27 on a ticket for The Hammers game on Saturday. Whilst the game wasn't up to much the away fans were outstanding, not enjoyed an atmosphere at a game so much since Scotland v Spain. Atmosphere makes such a difference especially when the on field fare is so poor. Apart from OF games, the atmosphere at SPL games is pretty much non existent.

Really? The atmosphere at Tynie always sounds quite good.

I've given up a ST after 23 years because the entertainment on offer for the best part of £35 is just not worth it; overpriced seats watching a brand of football that makes watching paint dry attractive, in a dour and depressing echoingly empty stand. That's what needs to change before I go back. Suggested to Fife that perhaps unreserved seating in the East would be a way to get groups going again (if they could sit together) but apparently the mythical chance that the ground will ever be full means that they wont risk the 15% capacity cut that would cost. No commitment to entertainment or atmosphere, and frankly I'm off to do something better. A freak result in Inverness is all that is so far stopping this season following the end of the last one. Maybe it will be better in the First again; I'm not sure I see an obviously weaker side than ours.

marinello59
16-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Really? The atmosphere at Tynie always sounds quite good.

I've given up a ST after 23 years because the entertainment on offer for the best part of £35 is just not worth it; overpriced seats watching a brand of football that makes watching paint dry attractive, in a dour and depressing echoingly empty stand. That's what needs to change before I go back. Suggested to Fife that perhaps unreserved seating in the East would be a way to get groups going again (if they could sit together) but apparently the mythical chance that the ground will ever be full means that they wont risk the 15% capacity cut that would cost. No commitment to entertainment or atmosphere, and frankly I'm off to do something better. A freak result in Inverness is all that is so far stopping this season following the end of the last one. Maybe it will be better in the First again; I'm not sure I see an obviously weaker side than ours.

I think it works out a lot cheaper then £35 a match with a season ticket.

PeeJay
16-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I have had a season ticket for the past few years - a Hibs TV season ticket - it's nowhere near as expensive as a "proper" season ticket of course (only 140 pounds or so) and I don't have any extra costs involved obviously, as I just sit myself down in front of a PC, but to be honest I can't see me renewing my season ticket this season. I have put up with the miserable picture resolution for a few years: that's not the problem, I was just pleased to see my team (sort of). The season is off and running, but Hibs as a club has not yet managed to put up a package for this season - maybe one is coming, maybe not. I'm sure I received a communication saying something about end of September/start of October and improved service, but until then I'm locked out of the Hibs TV site - so no live games, highlights or interviews or classic games are currently available to me. Poor service IMO.

You'd think they'd be able to get a season ticket up in time for the start of the season. Last season I sent off several emails inquiring when the season ticket would be available: this year I simply can't be bothered TBH. Pretty much sums up the way I feel about the club at the moment...

... maybe I'll come back when CC finally finds that winning formula...

Joe Baker II
17-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Suggested to Fife that perhaps unreserved seating in the East would be a way to get groups going again (if they could sit together) but apparently the mythical chance that the ground will ever be full means that they wont risk the 15% capacity cut that would cost. No commitment to entertainment or atmosphere, and frankly I'm off to do something better.

Is Hyland insane - he cannot seriously be suggesting that unreserved seating means almost 1,000 cut in capacity in the East Stand is needed?

And even if he is right for some obscure reason, given that even with the ridiculous hype about new stand last season it was never close to capacity (even for the 2 Hearts games and Rangers game that kicked off at decent time to open stand there were at least 2,000+ empty seats), the figures show it would certainly be worth experimenting with this.

I am not a big fan of Calderwood but he is not the reason I do not go much to ER at the moment. I think this response shows that the real problem people at Hibs are officials such as Hyland - with O'Hagan just as bad - and cannot help thinking I would be more likely to be back regularly if these two idiots were shown the door by Petrie.