PDA

View Full Version : Manager's Transfer Update

Billy
10-08-2011, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1qswypjHc8

BroxburnHibee
10-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Tell you what Billy, these youtube updates are an excellent form of communication from the club.

Long may they continue. :thumbsup:

jacomo
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM

I like the sound of that. CC is looking more and more like a man with a plan.

scuttle
10-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Osbourne has not done any pre season training so it might be a while before we see him starting for us . CC says more transfers to come YE HA

BSEJVT
10-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Tell you what Billy, these youtube updates are an excellent form of communication from the club.

Long may they continue. :thumbsup:

Agree 100%

Anything that keeps the supporters "involved" with the club has got to be a good thing.

Your love for Hibs can never die, like any love affair it comes and goes.

Having watched a few of these things now I am beginning to get a hankering to go back.

If you had asked me at the end of last season I would have put the chances of that at less than 1/100.

Jonnyboy
10-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm given to understand that the decision to upload these YouTube snippets was made by the Media Manager Andrew Sleight (described by some as the guy with the annoying English accent) and I reckon he deserves :top marks for a great initiative :agree:

Pretty Boy
10-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Its a great idea from the club and shows that contrary to what some would have us believe they do listen.

Good communication skills are vital and the more involved the support feel the more likely they are to part with their hard earned. The board deserve credit for a decent, forward thinking move.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm given to understand that the decision to upload these YouTube snippets was made by the Media Manager Andrew Sleight (described by some as the guy with the annoying English accent) and I reckon he deserves :top marks for a great initiative :agree:

Yip a great idea by Andrew. :top marks He does have an annoying English accent though. :wink:

Jonnyboy
10-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Yip a great idea by Andrew. :top marks He does have an annoying English accent though. :wink:

Almost as annoying as yours :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 08:27 PM

:greengrin

Tricla
10-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Some people will look for a negative even when there isn't one to be found.

Well done Hibs and well done Andrew. I couldn't care if you spoke with a German accent with a hint of native American.

All good stuff from the club.

Jonnyboy
10-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Some people will look for a negative even when there isn't one to be found.

Well done Hibs and well done Andrew. I couldn't care if you spoke with a German accent with a hint of native American.

All good stuff from the club.

You're confusing him with Big Chief Dirk Lehmann :greengrin

BoozyLynne
10-08-2011, 08:55 PM

:hahaha:

Zing!!!!

down-the-slope
10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
manager seems more relaxed when he is doing these inhouse interviews...graet way on communicating...while maintaining control over the message......

Another deal sealed by the old EM tour .....waste of money blah blah :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
manager seems more relaxed when he is doing these inhouse interviews...graet way on communicating...while maintaining control over the message......

Another deal sealed by the old EM tour .....waste of money blah blah :greengrin

It's a serious point though.

I really wonder if guys like Osbourne, Agogo, Pallson and even the likes of O'Hanlon who have played at a higher level or been at 'bigger' clubs would have considered Hibs if they were going to have to train on public parks.

down-the-slope
11-08-2011, 07:49 AM
It's a serious point though.

I really wonder if guys like Osbourne, Agogo, Pallson and even the likes of O'Hanlon who have played at a higher level or been at 'bigger' clubs would have considered Hibs if they were going to have to train on public parks.

easy answer ... NO they wouldn't

do we really think that where the players spend 3 hours a fortnight (stadium) is reall more important than their real place of work (EM) where they spend 4/5 days a week...

I spent 3/4 years in an office that was internal in an industrial unit...no windows...left and took a job with ist floor 8ft desk height window and views 15 miles over roof to countryside...spent ages just staring at view / light to begin with...would never return to previous kind of conditions even for more money...

lucky
11-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I actually like the snippets we get from Hibs TV. But Hibs have to continue to communicate with supporters. I don't have Hibs TV never really seen the need but if Hibs are only going to release info to subscribers then might have to reconsider but is it really worth it?

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Slowly starting to warm to this chap. But I must take exception to a Hibernian manager addressing in the cameras in a tracksuit. Sartorial elegance was one area which I held high hopes for Mr Calderwood, indeed, I hoped that we might be in for a return to the JC days (that is how a Hibernian manager should look and dress) but his standards have been slipshod of late. Arrest the decline now, Colin, once the blight of apparel sloppiness gains a foothold, it becomes difficult to reverse.

Tricla
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Slowly starting to warm to this chap. But I must take exception to a Hibernian manager addressing in the cameras in a tracksuit. Sartorial elegance was one area which I held high hopes for Mr Calderwood, indeed, I hoped that we might be in for a return to the JC days (that is how a Hibernian manager should look and dress) but his standards have been slipshod of late. Arrest the decline now, Colin, once the blight of apparel sloppiness gains a foothold, it becomes difficult to reverse.

:greengrin Are you suggesting that he has a fine quality Italian pinstripe hanging in wait in the boot room that he can slip in to for his post training interview?

malcky
11-08-2011, 08:45 AM
easy answer ... NO they wouldn't

I spent 3/4 years in an office that was internal in an industrial unit...no windows...left and took a job with ist floor 8ft desk height window and views 15 miles over roof to countryside...spent ages just staring at view / light to begin with...would never return to previous kind of conditions even for more money...

Did you get much work done :wink:

bob12345
11-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Were these kind of updates available for Hibs TV subscribers beforehand? Seems harsh on them that half of the content they pay for would be released for free on Youtube, unless it's to try and give them a taste + get them on board.

sidjames
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM

How true indeed. It started with me not wearing a tie. Then out went the Oxfords to be replaced by loafers albeit Timberland's. Then came the short sleeved shirts suddenly Ben Shermans, seemed perfectly cut. One day I was sitting in a cafe and caught a reflection of a chap in a chain store T shirt, cut off jeans and a pair of what can only be described as flip flops (leather mind, purchased from El Corte Ingles in Barcelona). It was me of course no longer perfectly attired at great expense once the standards slip it is only a step away from frayed cuffs and unpolished shoes. Mind you not many people wear a midnight blue Armani 3 piece on the beach- if you do see one coming your way he won't be paying a social call!.

greenlex
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Were these kind of updates available for Hibs TV subscribers beforehand? Seems harsh on them that half of the content they pay for would be released for free on Youtube, unless it's to try and give them a taste + get them on board.
You are only getting a tease on You tube. You get the important message but the meat on the bones are still to be paid for.

Eaststand
11-08-2011, 10:06 AM

These Youtube clips are great as they let us hear the latest news about our club straight from the horses mouth, (without any journo's putting a spin on the topic to make a headline)

Well done to Andrew Sleight and everyone else behind the scenes at ER who seem to have really listened to the fans and hopefully they will continue to do so

GGTTH

ulises_trotter
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Basically just a tool being used by the club to avoid that the manager being asked about his future, and such negating his ratty and flustered appearance at every interview!
If he's not being asked about it, then its not being talked about, therefore negativity and uncertainty that goes with every media storm(made worse by the instant media world we live in and everyone voicing there opinion) soon dissipates

Saorsa
11-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Long may they continue. :thumbsup::agree: I agree. The trick now is for them tae keep it up instead of letting it fizzle out as usual and then starting it up again next time discontent arises. Pro-active instead of reactive is the way forward.

Billy
11-08-2011, 12:45 PM

The snippets that you get on you tube have always been available to watch via the freeview screen on the official site. Initially the clips on there were for a minute but we can now put 3 mins on there, so what you see on you tube, you can watch via the official site home page.

Subscribers get more of the interviews, highlights packages that can be up to 20 - 30 minutes at times, radio commentary etc...

JimBHibees
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Osbourne has not done any pre season training so it might be a while before we see him starting for us . CC says more transfers to come YE HA

Bit disappointing that to be honest hoped he would have been straight in the team.

BEEJ
11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
How true indeed. It started with me not wearing a tie. Then out went the Oxfords to be replaced by loafers albeit Timberland's. Then came the short sleeved shirts suddenly Ben Shermans, seemed perfectly cut. One day I was sitting in a cafe and caught a reflection of a chap in a chain store T shirt, cut off jeans and a pair of what can only be described as flip flops (leather mind, purchased from El Corte Ingles in Barcelona). It was me of course no longer perfectly attired at great expense once the standards slip it is only a step away from frayed cuffs and unpolished shoes. Mind you not many people wear a midnight blue Armani 3 piece on the beach- if you do see one coming your way he won't be paying a social call!.
:greengrin

Very good!