PDA

View Full Version : David Crawford

Wotherspiniesta
09-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Having not seen much of this lad (barring winning the ball back for the goal V Caley and setting up a goal for Sodje V Berwick), I was wondering what everyone thought about him. Next big thing?

Calderwood seems to think he can play a bit.

(http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Boss-predicts-bright-future-for.6815496.jp)

Albion Hibs
09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I think he may have a chance, he is still very nieve in footballing terms i.e. he just about cost us the game in Inverness about 5 mins before we scored....Dont think I have ever seen Ivan run as fast to catch him and give him an absolute roasting!!

From what I hear Caldwell is the best out of the current young prospects looking to make a mark.

Fingers crossed for the lot of them though, if nothing else Saturday was hopefully a decent / confiedence building experience for them.

scuttle
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Only saw him at the Falkirk game ,was fairly quiet first half but came on to a game in the second and was probably man of the match IMO

Sean1875
09-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Im only going by what my friends that have played against/seen play (including someone currently in the Hibs 19's) have said but seemingly he is extremely overrated, is a complete bullet but technically wise pretty poor.

--------
09-08-2011, 01:21 PM
He's a very good prospect indeed. Still raw and with a lot to learn, but he has the right stuff to be a cracking player.

And there are a few more very good youngsters beginning to show, IMO.

offshorehibby
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I think the best chance most of the youngsters have are going out on loan until at least Christmas providing they get regular first team football.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I think the best chance most of the youngsters have are going out on loan until at least Christmas providing they get regular first team football.

:agree:

Worked for Booth last year.

R'Albin
09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
We need to get him signed on a longer deal though, his contract is up at the end of the season and I would hate to see him leave for free.

offshorehibby
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
:agree:

Worked for Booth last year.

It's worked with most off our good youngsters over the years