PDA

View Full Version : Club v Country

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Our young defence have been roundly praised (rightly so) for Saturdays performance against million pound players...the work the manager and coaching staff has done is reall showing....

I feel its a shame that this week we would have wanted the group together and continuing the work...instead most are away on international duty....

While its great that they are good enough to get this regognition....not helping us get settled working team....I also hope none get injured in in them...

Bristolhibby
08-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Our young defence have been roundly praised (rightly so) for Saturdays performance against million pound players...the work the manager and coaching staff has done is reall showing....

I feel its a shame that this week we would have wanted the group together and continuing the work...instead most are away on international duty....

While its great that they are good enough to get this regognition....not helping us get settled working team....I also hope none get injured in in them...

That's just the nature of the beast. I would rather have a team of talented players representing their countries, over a team of huddies that have an extra weeks training.

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
That's just the nature of the beast. I would rather have a team of talented players representing their countries, over a team of huddies that have an extra weeks training.

I agree with that as I said...but a pain this week when we really need momentum into the season

Billy Whizz
08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Probably helps that we have a Sunday game this week

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Probably helps that we have a Sunday game this week

:agree: that is true I had forgotten that ...it will give more prep time

Exiled Hibby
09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
why is our game on Sunday? is it on the telly-visual box?

Gettin' Auld
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
why is our game on Sunday? is it on the telly-visual box?
Aye it's live on ESPN.

Exiled Hibby
09-08-2011, 01:53 PM
ta. hadnt realised that.

Jack
09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Just as playing against multi-million pound players on Saturday would have done them a power of good so will playing on the international stage. Every cloud and all that.

sahib
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Aye it's live on ESPN.

Live on TV 12:15 pm kickoff, or there abouts. Given the crowds I have seen recently, I predict this one will not break 3000. I know they need the tv money but it is killing the game.

Titch
09-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Live on TV 12:15 pm kickoff, or there abouts. Given the crowds I have seen recently, I predict this one will not break 3000. I know they need the tv money but it is killing the game.

100% certain would have been at this game with my wife and kids if it was not on tv not going just gonnae watch it on telly

Holmesdale Hibs
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
I see your point but I always think it's a good sign when our players are away in international duty. Will help develop their game and benefit Hibs. Have we ever had a serious injury while a player is on international duty?

I enjoy watching Scotland (less so under potter) and if there is a hibs player in the team it makes it more interesting. It's club and country for me but if I had to pick one it would be Hibs.