PDA

View Full Version : Would You Take This Side On September 1st?

Speedway
07-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Plenty of conjecture here, but if we lined up like this after deadline day, how would you feel?

Stack
Maloney
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Osbourne

O'Connor
Griffiths

With:

Brown, Stephens, Hart, De Graaf, Agogo, Airey, Sodje, Towell, Murray, Davidson, Scott also available for selection?

hibsfan7
07-08-2011, 05:54 PM
yes yes yes

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

lyonhibs
07-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Plenty of conjecture here, but if we lined up like this after deadline day, how would you feel?

Stack
Maloney
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Osbourne

O'Connor
Griffiths

With:

Brown, Stephens, Hart, De Graaf, Agogo, Airey, Sodje, Towell, Murray, Davidson (Murray presumably??), Scott also available for selection?

Ecstatic, but I can't see all the players highlighted coming in.

Osborne, Airey and Maloney would make me happy enough though :agree:

Removed
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
And wee Lewis :wink:

R'Albin
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Stack
Maloney
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Osbourne

O'Connor
Griffiths

With:

Brown, Stephens, Hart, De Graaf, Agogo, Airey, Sodje, Towell, Murray, Davidson, Scott also available for selection?

I would be delighted:agree:

ancient hibee
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Not sure I'd play O'Connor ahead of Sodje.

hibsbollah
07-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Not sure I'd play O'Connor ahead of Sodje. Just as well you're not the manager then.

ancient hibee
07-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Just as well you're not the manager then.

Do you think O'Connor will get a goal every couple of games?

frazeHFC
07-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Not sure I'd play O'Connor ahead of Sodje. Same with me.And Osbourne is a holding midfielder so i would not have him at LM. But that squad would be immense.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Stack
Maloney
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Osbourne

O'Connor
Griffiths

With:

Would like to see additions to the squad, but certainly would not be dropping them in ahead of the current starting 11 / changing positions around. So as a squad, but not as a starting 11 from that date onwards at this moment in time.

Tricla
07-08-2011, 07:31 PM

Yes.

Source - he has done already.

alexhibsfan
07-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think we will sign 2 rb's tbh. Can't see us getting Griffiths if we were getting Airey. But a squad like that why couldn't we get 3rd place

since90plustwo
07-08-2011, 08:38 PM
whos maloney?

alexhibsfan
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
whos maloney?
Forest rb saying in Scottish mail him and Airey are coming

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd take that squad, but we ain't going to have that squad so it's pointless debating it.

A RB, a CM and a striker and I'd be ecstatic.

Shrekko
07-08-2011, 08:57 PM

Do YOU honestly think Sodje will score a goal every 2 games over a full season?

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Do YOU honestly think Sodje will score a goal every 2 games over a full season?

I wouldn't put it past him. I think he and GOC will get a lot more service this year.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I like big Sodje a lot and he went on a great run towards the end of the season. Glad we kept him on. However, apart from Tam Mcmanus' ridiculous effort against the yams at ER a while back, Sodje was responsible for literally the 3 crappest finishes ive ever seen from a Hibs player last season. I remember two going out for throws and one ending up in the top tier of the SS. He is by no means a 'natural finisher' imo. Does a gd job but wouldnt have him in infront of GOC.

GreenCastle
08-08-2011, 03:17 AM
I like big Sodje a lot and he went on a great run towards the end of the season. Glad we kept him on. However, apart from Tam Mcmanus' ridiculous effort against the yams at ER a while back, Sodje was responsible for literally the 3 crappest finishes ive ever seen from a Hibs player last season. I remember two going out for throws and one ending up in the top tier of the SS. He is by no means a 'natural finisher' imo. Does a gd job but wouldnt have him in infront of GOC.

:faf:

I saw him make a few wild attempts at volleys and shots but his record does show he can score goals - goals many didn't expect him to score when he signed.

It's a good problem to have and I can even see us going route 1 when they are both fit and launching the ball for either to deal with.

As for the rest of the players - would be interesting to see how many of them actually sign - but players are still needed in several positions such as right back :agree:

cocopops1875
08-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Also forgetting the wild ones, how many of the shots that ended in goals did he actually hit right :-) mis-hits most of them but as long as they go in who cares

hibsbollah
08-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I like Sodje too (on the transfer window deadline day thread, when his signing was announced I was the only poster who was pleased he was coming!). But he doesnt have O'Connors pedigree and Garry should be first choice.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I like Sodje too (on the transfer window deadline day thread, when his signing was announced I was the only poster who was pleased he was coming!). But he doesnt have O'Connors pedigree and Garry should be first choice.

I'd like to see both of them given a chance together at some stage. O'Conner runs the channels well
and Sodje through the middle

Speedway
08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Well if we see Osbourne plus one this week, that squad would not be a million miles away from being completed.

Griffiths, Airey, Towell and Maloney would be the ones left and if you get 2 out of those 4, do you need the other two?

we are hibs
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
how are we going to pick if it happens out of sodje , agogo , airey and O'Connor

H18sry
08-08-2011, 11:34 AM

Stack
Maloney
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Thornhill
Osbourne

O'Connor
Griffiths

With:

Can you see Ritchie coming to us to sit on the bench,when he can do that at darkheed with the chance of picking up Euro experience ?

Speedway
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Can you see Ritchie coming to us to sit on the bench,when he can do that at darkheed with the chance of picking up Euro experience ?

Need more than one RB though and Maloney would only be on loan.