View Full Version : Edwin de graff.

jdships
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Thought he had a decent game yesterday.
Anybody else care to comment ?

:flag:

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Kept the ball well and didn't look out of place against 2/3 good prem players.

stewthehibee
07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes agree thought he played well lets hope he can do it in the SPL.
GGTTH

Capt Mainwaring
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Thought he worked hard yesterday covering a lot of ground closing down players in midfield. Most of his passes here back to defenders or to the goalie however.

I think he is still handy to have as midfield back up but we need creative players in there that can move the ball forward and influence our play.

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Thought he had a decent game yesterday.
Anybody else care to comment ?

:flag:

Also thought he had a decent game.

Made some important tackles and never tried anything too risky. An accomplished game :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like to see him start next week.

woodythehibee
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
hope he gets the full support from the Hibs fans when wearing the green & white.

Played well yesterday and hopefully can continue it into the league matches.

weecounty hibby
07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Didn't see the game yesterday but I am convinced there is a good player in there somewhere, lets hope he comes out this season.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Had a decent game, maybe just maybe he can have a few more, I certainly hope so.

greenlex
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Got time on the ball in a friendly. He wont get so much time against SPL opposition who will be snapping at his heels.
He played well yesterday lets hope he can carry that on. I dont think he will but I wish him well and hope he proves me wrong.:agree:

jdships
07-08-2011, 05:59 PM
hope he gets the full support from the Hibs fans when wearing the green & white.

Played well yesterday and hopefully can continue it into the league matches.

:top marks

Franck is God
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I thought he was excellent yesterday, worked hard, kept the ball well, tracked their players throughout and looked good against a Sunderland side full of quality players.

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I thought he was average at best in the first half but slightly better in the second. He hasn't got the pace to be a first team player. He was better than Galbraith though who was really disappointing.

The positives were the defense and the young lads who did well as Sunderland tired in the last 20 minutes. We desperately need a fit forward to play alongside O'Connor.

down-the-slope
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I thought he was excellent yesterday, worked hard, kept the ball well, tracked their players throughout and looked good against a Sunderland side full of quality players.

:agree: I think he is benefitting from a manager who has instilled a system of play that is looking at controling the ball more.

Yesterday the fact that SA looked to play football, he was on from the start and not a sub in an unfamiliar position being expected to change things, and the absence of Boo boys all helped.......

He looked like he could make a good contribution to our season......

BigBamba
07-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I was happy with his performance yesterday, I must admit I have always felt he was too slow but as someone's already said he never seemed to be left for dead by anyone. Hope its onwards and upwards with him, cause i've seen a few bits and bobs that make him look like he could be a very good player for us! :agree:

GGTTH

Hibs Class
07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Didn't see the game yesterday but I am convinced there is a good player in there somewhere, lets hope he comes out this season. My thoughts too.

sahib
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I thought he looked fitter and had a good game.

Hank Schrader
07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Got time on the ball in a friendly. He wont get so much time against SPL opposition who will be snapping at his heels.
He played well yesterday lets hope he can carry that on. I dont think he will but I wish him well and hope he proves me wrong.:agree:

Exactly my thoughts.

crash
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Tracked a few runs yesterday but hasn't got a lot to offer. If we dont get 2 or 3 midfield players who can contribute something in an attacking sense in then we will struggle because at the moment we've got nowt.

Jonnyboy
07-08-2011, 08:14 PM

I thought he was average at best in the first half but slightly better in the second. He hasn't got the pace to be a first team player. He was better than Galbraith though who was really disappointing.

The positives were the defense and the young lads who did well as Sunderland tired in the last 20 minutes. We desperately need a fit forward to play alongside O'Connor.

Interesting comparison :greengrin

I thought he'd a good game and he was involved in the thing that raised the biggest smile for me. Hibs had won a corner but the ball was lying against the hoardings about half way between the corner flag and the goal. Callum was waiting to take the corner and so Ed suddenly sprinted towards the ball from around twelve yards out and Gyan spotted this and chased after him thinking Ed was his man to mark :greengrin

Speedway
08-08-2011, 09:19 AM

This.

When the game is played at any pace, EDG is always second, sometimes third to the ball. It often bounces off him in the style of Davie Beaumont and indeed if he's got half an hour, he can certainly keep a move going, pick a pass and offer himself as an option for a return ball but under pressure, he's no use to us I'm afraid.

CC refered to 'a busy period' in terms of transfer activity before the window slams shut forever until January and I can't help thinking that whilst it hasn't been said, two or three signings in 3-4 weeks isn't really what I'd call that busy a period and so I wonder whether we'll see players departing as well?

whiskyhibby
08-08-2011, 09:46 AM

I have to agree, he looked very comfortable, nothing fancy just the safe pass, didnt look fazed by the opposition, definately needs more game time but perhaps now with the weight of expectation off his shoulders he can relax and start playing a bit.....

basehibby
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I have to agree, he looked very comfortable, nothing fancy just the safe pass, didnt look fazed by the opposition, definately needs more game time but perhaps now with the weight of expectation off his shoulders he can relax and start playing a bit.....

:agree: This is my hope too - with the considerable weight of Hibee expectation lifted from his shoulders and the benefit of a full pre-season with the team behind him, I'm hoping to see a different Ed De Graaf this season more akin to the Eiridivision captain and European top goalscorer who left Holland last summer!

Franck is God
08-08-2011, 11:26 AM

The thing I was most pleased about was the discipline he showed throughout the game and given that he was probably our most experienced midfielder on the pitch yesterday he led by example from the middle and defensively him and Murray broke up Sunderlands play very well.

Sammy7nil
08-08-2011, 12:02 PM
He did well but we have to put it in prespective. He played every ball back or side ways Hibs as a team again created very very little.

It was a friendly there was maybe one tackle in the whole game, neither side gave a monkeys and neither side tried a leg other than in the odd flash early on.

If he could not play in a game of that pace and with the lack of tackles he really should give up.

As I said he did fine lets not say we have a player lets give him support and wait and see I hope he shows has something in a real game.

IWasThere2016
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
If we add another midfielder, I think EDG will be loaned out, and will be no loss IMHO.

Arch Stanton
08-08-2011, 04:07 PM
He did well but we have to put it in prespective. He played every ball back or side ways Hibs as a team again created very very little.

It was a friendly there was maybe one tackle in the whole game, neither side gave a monkeys and neither side tried a leg other than in the odd flash early on.

If he could not play in a game of that pace and with the lack of tackles he really should give up.

As I said he did fine lets not say we have a player lets give him support and wait and see I hope he shows has something in a real game.

I would have said he did better than fine myself. :agree:

It's true that they weren't flying in with tackles but they most certainly weren't treating it as an unimportant bounce game. And why would they, their season starts next week. A bit disappointing for a Premiership side but a Premiership side none the less.

They were quick to close down ball carriers and close down space and if it weren't for sterling work by Murray and De Graff we would have had precious little possession at all and even less in the way of attacking forays (especially since anything aimed at O'Connor usually came straight back at us with interest).

Andy74
09-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Good to see him getting a bit of a chance. Good player and a wee goal would make a big difference.

3pm
09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Good to see him getting a bit of a chance. Good player and a wee goal would make a big difference.

Andy, I take your point about a goal but he did score twice in his first game at ER and he never really kicked on. Not sure if a goal woulf make that much difference?

Andy74
09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Andy, I take your point about a goal but he did score twice in his first game at ER and he never really kicked on. Not sure if a goal woulf make that much difference?

In between times the wee misses he had dine for his confidence though. He gets in those positions though and I think a goal would take the pressure off a bit again.

JimBHibees
09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
In between times the wee misses he had dine for his confidence though. He gets in those positions though and I think a goal would take the pressure off a bit again.

Wouldnt disagree however I get the impression he is being lined up for the exit door with giving him a few runouts to interest probably a couple of Dutch clubs that may be interested in him. Maybe his game is much more suited to the Dutch leagues.