PDA

View Full Version : The Seagulls

Antifa Hibs
07-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Petrie, get it sorted big man.

That is all :scarf:

GloryGlory
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
What happened to the fake,model hawks that used to sit on top of the stands to scare other birds away? Not another cost-cutting measure, surely? :greengrin::wink:

fife hfc
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
effing annoying:grr: I thought I was going to be dive bombed through out the second half.

greenlex
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Are you talking about the Brighton fans being there and signing 3 HOURS before their home game in their new stadium? :agree:
12th man has a bit of catching up to do.

Removed
07-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Are you talking about the Brighton fans being there and signing 3 HOURS before their home game in their new stadium? :agree:12th man has a bit of catching up to do. And their flag display at Brighton was pretty impressive :agree:

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Are you talking about the Brighton fans being there and signing 3 HOURS before their home game in their new stadium? :agree:
12th man has a bit of catching up to do.

Ken but we require other stands to join in......more chance of me being inducted into the Hampden HOF :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
It was because some of the Sunderland fans decided to 'have a little fishy on a little dishy' that attracted them.

RMQ1967
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
It was because some of the Sunderland fans decided to 'have a little fishy on a little dishy' that attracted them.

:greengrin

lol

Brooster
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I got shat on -on my left shoulder half way through the second half. Ive seen the odd seagull at games before but that was something else yesterday, dozens of the pests swooping into the stands. What caused them to come out in large numbers yesterday?

greenlex
07-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I got shat on -on my left shoulder half way through the second half. Ive seen the odd seagull at games before but that was something else yesterday, dozens of the pests swooping into the stands. What caused them to come out in large numbers yesterday?
Premiership opposition. :agree: They could afford the £15 and were prepared to pay it. :greengrin

scuttle
07-08-2011, 01:19 PM
As Eric Cantona once said............ When the seagulls follow the trawler they think pie and bovril

justlikebrazil
07-08-2011, 01:21 PM
What happened to the fake,model hawks that used to sit on top of the stands to scare other birds away? Not another cost-cutting measure, surely? :greengrin::wink:
Yep Petrie said Aberdeens offer was too good to turn down as Harry the hawk could fly for nothing at the end of the season :greengrin GGTTH

silverhibee
07-08-2011, 02:24 PM

Heard it had something to do with a few seagull scarfers were attacked by a pie and pizza thrown by some Sunderland fans the last time they were up here, and they wanted pay back, a few of the old seagull face's were on show yesterday looking for trouble, a few had even travelled down from sheep land to give handers to the Leith Seagull Crew.
A few seagulls were detained and had there wings clipped. :aok:

Sir David Gray
07-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Perhaps it's just my memory playing tricks on me but the presence of seagulls at Easter Road really seems to have escalated in the past couple of years or so. Of course you're always going to see the odd seagull at Easter Road because, being in Leith, you're not too far from the coast. However in recent seasons, at times it's been a bit like an invasion.

Surely there must be something that can be done to deter them from coming in, in such large numbers.

nonshinyfinish
07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Perhaps it's just my memory playing tricks on me but the presence of seagulls at Easter Road really seems to have escalated in the past couple of years or so. Of course you're always going to see the odd seagull at Easter Road because, being in Leith, you're not too far from the coast. However in recent seasons, at times it's been a bit like an invasion.

Surely there must be something that can be done to deter them from coming in, in such large numbers.

Hang them! :grr:

Can you hang a seagull? How long can they keep flying for? :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Crowd noise?

fat freddy
07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
it was the same at the celtic match on the opening day of the season..i spent most of the second half watching them swooping across the stands..it was quite an elegant and mesmerizing display from the young flock of seagulls and while they may make the first team in the future i dont think they justify their place on the park this season...get the hawk back.

Hibercelona
07-08-2011, 03:28 PM
The numbers were ridiculous yesterday. :bitchy:

Have the catering company upgraded their pies or something? :dunno::greengrin

At The Edge
07-08-2011, 03:41 PM

unfortunatley gulls have very few natural predators, sharks will take them out in the sea, on land hawks, owls and eagles will do the job, again unfortunatley Edinburgh/Leith doesn't have a large population of Hawks, Owls and eagles to do this. :wink:
Gulls have just adapted to urban population, with the high source of food.
the gulls will ease off as the months progress as at the moment its nesting time with chicks needing fed and newly fledged chicks just joining in with the adults for a easy source of food at ER.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
unfortunatley gulls have very few natural predators, sharks will take them out in the sea, on land hawks, owls and eagles will do the job, again unfortunatley Edinburgh/Leith doesn't have a large population of Hawks, Owls and eagles to do this. :wink:
the gulls will ease off as the months progress as at the moment its nesting time with chicks needing fed and newly fledged chicks just joining in with the adults for a easy source of food at ER.

:agree:

All very true, and well done for being the first person to refer to them as gulls, no such thing as a seagull!

greenlex
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Wonder what they are like Curried?:hmmm:

At The Edge
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
:agree:

All very true, and well done for being the first person to refer to them as gulls, no such thing as a seagull!

damn my twitcher tendencies have been exposed :greengrin

MacBean
07-08-2011, 04:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14436784.stm

I (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14436784.stm)f you listen the Lennon interview the "legendary Harris Hawk" is swooping on them. It's used to scare the "gulls"

gringojoe
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Fish breathed wee ****s.

NOLA
07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
a sunderland mate text me yesterday saying " more seagulls than fans " i couldn't think of a witty response as i was watching the gulls :greengrin

Sunny1875
07-08-2011, 07:41 PM
a sunderland mate text me yesterday saying " more seagulls than fans " i couldn't think of a witty response as i was watching the gulls :greengrin

can we catch them and dye them in Hibs colours

snooky
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Hang them! :grr:

Can you hang a seagull? How long can they keep flying for? :dunno:
Haven't you hard of hang gliding?

BTW, have you noticed that they fly upsides down over Tynie?
Apparently there's nothing worth s******g on.

:wink:

heretoday
07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Remember Elfsborgs. Seagulls. :rolleyes:

jonty
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Where were the sardines, and the trawlers :dunno:

Aubenas
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Ok guys. 68 lights on top of East Stand. The record yesterday was 39 seagulls at once standing on them (including 2 on1). That's my additional entertainment sorted for the season Prediction league for the gull able......

snooky
07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Ok guys. 68 lights on top of East Stand. The record yesterday was 39 seagulls at once standing on them (including 2 on1). That's my additional entertainment sorted for the season Prediction league for the gull able......
There's a lot of puffin gaun on the park tae :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2011, 12:02 AM
The wee *******s sit on the roof of the main stand and keep me awake every bloody night!! :grr:

NOLA
08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
The wee *******s sit on the roof of the main stand and keep me awake every bloody night!!
:grr:

buy yourself an airgun or better still hire out Bang Bang, i heard he was handy with a gun:wink:

Septimus
08-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Some of the best moves of the game came from the gulls.

franck sauzee
08-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Ornithology folk ken whits goan on!

Phil D. Rolls
08-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Was walking along Kirkcaldy High Street when a seagull snatched my Greggs sausage roll out of my hand just as I was about to eat it. Luckily I had bought too as they don't do the jumbo ones anymore.

I can laugh now, but supposing that had been a small child? I shudder at the thought.

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 08:56 AM

No idea...but got to be an improvement on the current catering :agree:

PS...Whats the difference between a ST & a fly up price for a Gull?

SquashedFrogg
08-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Was walking along Kirkcaldy High Street when a seagull snatched my Greggs sausage roll out of my hand just as I was about to eat it. Luckily I had bought too as they don't do the jumbo ones anymore.

I can laugh now, but supposing that had been a small child? I shudder at the thought.

What? A child the size of a greggs sausage roll? :confused:

Or a small child snatching a sausage roll from your hand?

SquashedFrogg
08-08-2011, 09:00 AM

They're lovely mate but I'd suggest buying them outside the stadium as they're much cheaper :agree:

lapsedhibee
08-08-2011, 09:24 AM

Don't think you're allowed to eat small children, since we adopted that goddam European Human Rights Act.

we are hibs
08-08-2011, 09:26 AM
some guy next to me in the west stand got shat on and i never :tee hee:

spike220
08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I heard that the gulls are being specially trained to cr4p all over the jambos when they come to Easter road, apparently it has taken a lot of effort and expense to arrange this. The results of the survey indicated that season tickets would increase 500% if people could be assured the hearts fans would be cr4pped on every time they came to Easter road. Well done to the Tash for giving the fans what they want!

GGTTH

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-08-2011, 09:57 AM
All seagulls should be eradicated..period, THE most annoying bird I can think of and if there is any RSPB lovers reading this then.....:na na:

spike220
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
All seagulls should be eradicated..period, THE most annoying bird I can think of and if there is any RSPB lovers reading this then.....:na na:

Aye but if we try to move them on, the Tash will hold ot until he secures at least some small transfer fee for them (plus add ons).:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Aye but if we try to move them on, the Tash will hold ot until he secures at least some small transfer fee for them (plus add ons).:greengrin

:thumbsup:

Gettin' Auld
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
[/B]

Crowd noise?
:tee hee:

Brebners Bookie
08-08-2011, 05:18 PM
anyone else getting the advert for seagull spikes at the top of the page? they dont miss a trick

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
maybe a Gull recipe thread :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Why don't we let the seagulls actually taste the food that they are trying to nip scraps from? They won't hang about for long after that.

Gettin' Auld
08-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I have the solution, as it isn't being used anywhere else.............

Why don't we scare away the birds with our transfer "kitty"?

Aye OK - I'll get ma coat...........

snooky
08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Don't think you're allowed to eat small children, since we adopted that goddam European Human Rights Act.

Oops! :lips seal

Bayern Bru
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
The wee *******s sit on the roof of the main stand and keep me awake every bloody night!! :grr:

Then stop sleeping in it, ya hobo!

Kato
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
In the 70's Shades to take out the pigeons in the old cave with his shot-gun. FACT

That makes it Booth's job. Toughen the laddie up.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Then stop sleeping in it, ya hobo!

:wink: Feels like it some nights! Wonder if Lee Wallace still needs that gun? Possibly more now he's kicking about Glasgow

spike220
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I think we might be be able to sell the Gulls on to a championship team, I hear that they are very good in the air!

scuttle
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
And on the wing

heretoday
09-08-2011, 10:27 AM
The birds obviously enjoy coming to the games and they get in free so let's make them "sing for their supper" as it were.

Leave some rotting fish at the south end of the ground.

Those Jambos won't get a moment's peace!

WindyMiller
09-08-2011, 10:29 AM

We've always had a pigeon problem at my work.
Lately, when I cross the yard to get to my car, I've found lots of dead ones with their innards removed by the gulls.:jamboak:

Thomson
09-08-2011, 10:37 AM
These Seagulls are taking the piss. Annoying fans, number two'ing on people, now they are joining in on the london riots and looting.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/29301_442976909814_310716489814_5773694_3162803_n. jpg

--------
09-08-2011, 11:04 AM
We could put a big notice up saying that any gull entering Easter Road airspace will be summarily shot down by our newly-installed system of radar-guided, heat-seeking anti-bird missiles.

They'd believe every word and disappear like snow off a dyke, trust me.

You see, they're terribly GULLible birds.

... or alternatively we could make all the away fans dress up in sailor suits. Then the gulls would only dive-bomb THEM, and leave US alone.

Because as everyone knows, ALL THE NICE GULLS LOVE A SAILOR....

:devil:

Bayern Bru
09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
The birds obviously enjoy coming to the games and they get in free so let's make them "sing for their supper" as it were.

Leave some rotting fish at the south end of the ground.

Those Jambos won't get a moment's peace!

Adding to the stench?
NO THANK YOU.
:greengrin

--------
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
maybe a Gull recipe thread :greengrin

First catch your seagull.

Then take a big pot of water, and bring the water to the boil.

Pluck the feathers off the seagull, gut it, and put it in the water.

Put a big stone in the water with it.

Boil it until the stone is soft (al dente is the precise term).

Take the pot off the cooker, throw away the water and the seagull, and eat the stone.

(Old Ozzie recipe for cooking crows, equally good for seagulls.)

Septimus
10-08-2011, 05:49 AM
This may all be a plot by the moustachioed one to enter the guano trade.

Arch Stanton
10-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Actually the solution is, and you're not going to like this, more early kick-offs.

Thats because they usually appear just after half-time and the early kick-offs flummox them.

dangermouse
10-08-2011, 09:18 AM

I thought CC got rid of most of them already :wink:

--------
10-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought CC got rid of most of them already :wink:

Yup.

By the hour mark Nishy was always puffin. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM

I think you're talking crap.

HibsMax
10-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Just when we thought the infrastructure was complete, someone comes along suggesting we build a roof over the stand. :rolleyes:

ShanksSaidNo
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
3 pages worth of people attempting to make seagull based jokes.

Our team really must be p**h!

Sean1875
10-08-2011, 04:02 PM
These Seagulls are taking the piss. Annoying fans, number two'ing on people, now they are joining in on the london riots and looting.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/29301_442976909814_310716489814_5773694_3162803_n. jpg
that is brilliant :faf:

spike220
11-08-2011, 09:06 AM
3 pages worth of people attempting to make seagull based jokes.

Our team really must be p**h!

I will be disappointed if it stops at three pages.

You obviously have not the thread they are "gulls" not "seagulls".