PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Game?

vuefrom1875
07-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Can anyone tell me why our home game against the sheep has been scheduled for Sun 11th sept with a 3 o'clock k.o.As far as i can see it's not being televised?:confused:

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Heard it was moved at request of police, I know the SDL are planning something for Sat 10th, will undoubtedly need a massive police operation for that, could be a reason?

down-the-slope
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
thats another game I can't goto then....i'm sure Dons fans will not come in such numbers on a Sunday either....which is less cash for club....

I think I'm going to fire an email of to the club so that these views are represented....

Kind of defeats the point of a ST if you are unable to use it 25% of matches........

scuttle
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
How many seagulls do you think they will bring down with them

woodythehibee
07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
How many seagulls do you think they will bring down with them

not too many i hope, we've got our own to look after nowadays judging by yesterdays game :wink:

Zondervan
07-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Heard it was moved at request of police, I know the SDL are planning something for Sat 10th, will undoubtedly need a massive police operation for that, could be a reason?

Emailed Fife Hyland about this. The Police had asked the SPL to avoid any games in Edinburgh on the Saturday due to "security concerns that were not football related".

Couldn't find any major events on in Edinburgh, but if the SDL plan a march then this is obviously the reason.

Don't think there is much the club can do about this.

NaeTechnoHibby
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Dnipro Kids will do a collection that day

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/04/scottish-defence-league-march-edinburgh

down-the-slope
07-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Emailed Fife Hyland about this. The Police had asked the SPL to avoid any games in Edinburgh on the Saturday due to "security concerns that were not football related".

Couldn't find any major events on in Edinburgh, but if the SDL plan a march then this is obviously the reason.

Don't think there is much the club can do about this.

Anyone got email address? are they all firstname.secondname@hibernianfc.co.uk ?

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Rank, it sounds like a game is being moved to accommodate 50 morons that may be allowed to stand outside a pub on the royal mile, albeit at this stage it does not sound like CEC has approved its application.

Get the application refused and the game returned to Saturday otherwise thousands of fans are being restricted from supporting there team i.e. community spirit for a small bunch of nuggets. Think the politicians amongst our fan base should be sorting this.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Rank, it sounds like a game is being moved to accommodate 50 morons that may be allowed to stand outside a pub on the royal mile, albeit at this stage it does not sound like CEC has approved its application.

Get the application refused and the game returned to Saturday otherwise thousands of fans are being restricted from supporting there team i.e. community spirit for a small bunch of nuggets. Think the politicians amongst our fan base should be sorting this.

Even if they don't get permission to march that wont stop the handful of morons deciding to get together in the city as happened the last time, so with or without permission there will be problems.

That said, I think its ridiculous that an SPL fixture should be moved to accomodate these clowns.

Saorsa
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Even if they don't get permission to march that wont stop the handful of morons deciding to get together in the city as happened the last time, so with or without permission there will be problems.

That said, I think its ridiculous that an SPL fixture should be moved to accomodate these clowns.Disnae say much for L&B if things have tae be disrupted like this so they can control a small group of morons

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM

That said, I think its ridiculous that an SPL fixture should be moved to accomodate these clowns.

Whilst are crowds are likely to be pish this season I would put it as simple as this to Mr Salmond circa 10,000 people are being put out for 50 that represent next to no part of scotland or the UK. This is a joke.

Wonder is Salmond would let a hearts fixture be moved for this?

As you say they could still march without permission, however, if they did do this the feds would surely be more than entitled to be heavier handed, which I welcome!

offshorehibby
07-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Whilst are crowds are likely to be pish this season I would put it as simple as this to Mr Salmond circa 10,000 people are being put out for 50 that represent next to no part of scotland or the UK. This is a joke.

Wonder is Salmond would let a hearts fixture be moved for this?

As you say they could still march without permission, however, if they did do this the feds would surely be more than entitled to be heavier handed, which I welcome!

Firstly i'm not sure what the heck Alex Salmond has to do with this and secondly the 50 or so Fascists will then in turn attract very large number of counter demonstrators and potential trouble. If the last time they turned up is anything to go by there will be a very large number of anti Fascists turning up.

greenlex
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
The club pay a **** load of money to have our games policed. They should be policed when we want them policed not when they can be ersed doing it. Get them telt.

weedgiehibbie
07-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Dnipro Kids will do a collection that day

That'll be one pint less for me before the game and a couple of quid in the collection can then :wink:

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Firstly i'm not sure what the heck Alex Salmond has to do with this and secondly the 50 or so Fascists will then in turn attract very large number of counter demonstrators and potential trouble. If the last time they turned up is anything to go by there will be a very large number of anti Fascists turning up.

Alex Salmond is the First Minister, you know the guy in charge or running this democratic country that we live in. My point is one that a minorty are dictating what a majority are doing - not exactly democratic wouldnt you agree?

If Licences require to be granted then they should be done so taking account of the above, ignoring the majority is a mini victorry / platform for this rancid demonstration. The Licence if it needs to be granted should be done so on the Sunday taking account of events for the majority in Edinburgh/Scotland, either that or made earlier in the day to have allowed it to disperce / them to crawl back under their rocks.

Keith_M
09-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Maybe the 10,000 or so Hibbys that would have gone on the Saturday should have a counter-demonstration. We could all march up the Royal Mile, or something. Then stand outside a pub getting p*ssed for a couple of hours and go home, rejoicing in our victory :wink:

We could call ourselves the Scottish Premier League Defense League