PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Osbourne - 2 Year Deal Confirmed

Pages : [1] 2

Hexham Hibee
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Ewan Murray tweeted saying this guy was in Directors box today. Ex Forest midfielder.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Just been released by Aston Villa iirc.

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Ewan Murray tweeted saying this guy was in Directors box today. Ex Forest midfielder.

He would fit in with the player that CC said had been to "so called bigger sides" and never got a deal, as he had just been on trial with Leeds

Sir David Gray
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Just been released by Aston Villa iirc.

Yep. His brother, Isaac, has just signed for Aberdeen.

I would be quite impressed if we managed to sign him.

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/119/article.aspx

alexhibsfan
06-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Very interesting as the other player will likely to be a striker and he plays same role as palson so could palson be our rightback for rest of season? Wouldn't mind that and his would definately be a signing no loan so hopefully Phil Airey

Hibeescott
06-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Having been in the directors lounge today I think it was him. I mentioned in the other thread about Scott Lindsey looking after him and it looking like a done deal. Looked at pictures of him and pretty sure it is!

DC_Hibs
06-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Just seen Grant Stott coming out the Scorpio but he refused to reveal the players identity and hastily jumped into a waiting taxi.

We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Fergus52
06-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Very interesting as the other player will likely to be a striker and he plays same role as palson so could palson be our rightback for rest of season? Wouldn't mind that and his would definately be a signing no loan so hopefully Phil Airey

i thought the osbourne at aston villa was more of an attacking central midfielder than a defensive one?

might be wrong though

alexhibsfan
06-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Thought it said it on his wiki page can someone clarify

Thomson
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM

I was just talking to my cousin about palsson playing RB and he says that he was working out at the gym with him and apparently VP is not happy playing RB. I hope this is not the case as i think he has been quite productive there.

alexhibsfan
06-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I was just talking to my cousin about palsson playing RB and he says that he was working out at the gym with him and apparently VP is not happy playing RB. I hope this is not the case as i think he has been quite productive there.
interesting then unless 3 signings are made being a rb Isaiah and a new striker

Thomson
06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
interesting then unless 3 signings are made being a rb Isaiah and a new striker

Maybe he's not told calderwood that he's unhappy there and hoping that he will bring in a RB and get his position back.

Hibeescott
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
just throwing an idea out there, not saying I would do this or think we should.

But might CC have decided that we look more solid playing with a 5 man midfield? The other of the two players still being a RB.

so Palsson and Osbourne as sitting midfielders, and thornhill playing off one striker.

If this was the plan we wouldn't really need another striker. 3 plus youngsters would do for 1 position.

forthhibby
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
villa supporters view on Osborne ' The new Patrick Vieira 5 years ago. Came through as a raw talent and gone downhill ever since!' maybe not premiership material hopefully the drop down will do him good

leither17
06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Thought it said it on his wiki page can someone clarify

On 6 October 2009, it was reported that Osbourne had been arrested at Aston Villa's Bodymoor Heath Training Ground (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Bodymoor_Heath_Training_Ground) four days earlier on suspicion of conspiracy to rob, and questioned at Kings Heath (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Kings_Heath) police station before being released on bail pending further inquiries

noticed that on his wiki page

The_Horde
07-08-2011, 02:09 AM

:thumbsup:

Also on the same page, found this (http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/158/article.aspx) interview with Stevenson which i found pretty funny.

O'Rourke3
07-08-2011, 09:18 AM
;2880454']:thumbsup:

Also on the same page, found this (http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/158/article.aspx) interview with Stevenson which i found pretty funny.

Try not to :hijack: but Most embarrassing moment
I wasn’t picked for my school team whilst I was playing for St Johnstone. I reckon it was because I hadn’t done my homework or something!

greenlex
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
If thats his brother playing for the Dons then I hope he is the better one. The Dons one has fell over the ball more than passed it. :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
07-08-2011, 12:32 PM
If thats his brother playing for the Dons then I hope he is the better one. The Dons one has fell over the ball more than passed it. :rolleyes:

:agree: Utter shight

stokesmessiah
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Just been watching for last 10/15 mins and i think he has managed to complete 1 pass successfully !

R'Albin
07-08-2011, 12:41 PM

:agree: Haven't seen him today but had seen him a few pre season games and he was absolutely honking!

R'Albin
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Liked this:greengrin

Chicks
"Jessica Alba. Better mention my girlfriend too"

TonyMontana1875
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
i thought the osbourne at aston villa was more of an attacking central midfielder than a defensive one?

might be wrong though

After reading the interview he compares himself to Patrick Viera.

Tell ye what, if we manage to sign him and he does play like him, Im guessing we will all be happy bunnies!!:agree:

Speedway
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-chasing-exVilla-man-Osbourne.6814940.jp

Elephant Stone
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Another defensive midfielder? We need creativity.

Speedway
08-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Cynical old Speedway wonders if it is the case that EEN relies on good relations with Hibs to get it's columns filled, whether they've released this article with the club's knowledge and approval, ergo the deal is already done and we're waiting for the good old international rescue to come through before we announce it.

Grant Stott said read it in the papers next week....I suppose he could have been refering to speculation.

Hibeescott
08-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Cynical old Speedway wonders if it is the case that EEN relies on good relations with Hibs to get it's columns filled, whether they've released this article with the club's knowledge and approval, ergo the deal is already done and we're waiting for the good old international rescue to come through before we announce it.

Grant Stott said read it in the papers next week....I suppose he could have been refering to speculation.

Or......they have came on here over the weekend looking for their next story and copied what I said in that Osbourne was there and showed to his seat by Scott Lindsey. Its amazing how similar the story is to things I said!

Speedway
08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
If that were true, between them and the Sunday Post, we should form a consortium to receive royalty payments for writing their sports pages content for them.

Brummie_Hibs
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Just spoke to my Villa supporting workmate.

He said that he is a tall, gangly Patrick Viera type player. Never really had a chance at Villa and been on loan for the last few years - he says he was positively okay, without gushing all over him.

mentalhibee
08-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Finally someone to fill the Rocastle role! Hope we snap him up.

NOLA
08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Another defensive midfielder? We need creativity.
we do, but we also need to be hard to beat, something that hasn't been the case for a few years now,

CapitalHibs
08-08-2011, 02:54 PM
The guy compares himself to Patrick Viera. If he's in any way comparable, I would imagine he could be both a creative player going forward but at the same time, able to be a dominate defending player at the back.

Zazu62
08-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Get him signed up.

ancient hibee
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Finally someone to fill the Rocastle role! Hope we snap him up.

Matty Jack role surely.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-08-2011, 06:54 AM
.........................Stack.................... ......

Palsson.......o'Hanlon.....Hanlon......Booth

...............Osbourne......Murray..............

Sproule..................................Galbraith

......................thornhill................... ......

........................O'Connor.................. .....

Hard to beat but still capable of causing problems going forward. Plus can go 442 by bringing on striker for the attacking midfielder role.

Hibstrooper
09-08-2011, 07:53 AM

...............Osbourne......Murray..............

Sproule..................................Galbraith

......................thornhill................... ......

........................O'Connor.................. .....

Hard to beat but still capable of causing problems going forward. Plus can go 442 by bringing on striker for the attacking midfielder role.

That is essentially what we have been playing so far with Stevenson in where you have Osbourne.

Whilst Stevenson and Murray have both done pretty well CC must see these positions as somewhere he needs to strengthen. Ideally we'd have a new RB so his centre pairing would probably be Osbourne and Palsson. That'd be pretty solid.

Don't know how much us playing 4-5-1 is down to the fact we've only got 1 fit striker though. I'd like to see Agogo given a good run out and I like Sodje and given there is rumours of us wanting another striker you would be looking at leaving out 3 out of 4 each week.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-08-2011, 08:06 AM

Sproule........Osbourne......Thornhill...Galbraith

..........Sodje/Agogo.....O'Connor......

Would rather this for me, grit and strength in the middle, spraying the ball wide at every oppurunity getting balls into the box for the big boys up top.

hibs0666
09-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Sky reporting that the deal is almost done.

skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7089406,00.html

scuttle
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Hardly another signing to get me excited ,if he was any good Leeds or Sheff wed would have snapped him up.Hope im wrong though and if he does sign then good luck

scoopyboy
09-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Hardly another signing to get me excited ,if he was any good Leeds or Sheff wed would have snapped him up.Hope im wrong though and if he does sign then good luck

What type of signing gets you excited?

SouthMoroccoStu
09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Sky reporting that the deal is almost done.

skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7089406,00.html

Very happy with this.

Sounds like the type of player we've been missing but would be better for a 3 year deal.

Now for a RB and Striker (maybe another CB - Greedy I know) and we'll be sorted.

MrSmith
09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
I'll be pleased with this signing if it happens.

JimBHibees
09-08-2011, 09:26 AM

Sounds an ideal type of signing for Hibs someone on the periphery of an EPL side, who hasnt made the breakthrough. He will have something to prove and he will hopefully get a regular game for Hibs and show what he is capable of.

Elephant Stone
09-08-2011, 09:27 AM
we do, but we also need to be hard to beat, something that hasn't been the case for a few years now,

We'll be pretty easy to beat if we can't score goals. He looks like an exciting signing and I'd be all for it if we could get a more attacking/creative type aswell but we're obviously on a restricted budget and I'd rather someone more attacking at the moment. There's no point in having a top class striker in Garry O'Connor if he's going to be deprived of service. There's been no link between our midfield and strikers for bloody ages now and we're in dire need of someone who can carry the ball with pace from midfield to our attack. If this boy can do that then great but if not that's what we need to be looking for IMO.

Rivers Cuomo
09-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Id say for a club at our level this is a very exciting signing.

R'Albin
09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a good signing:agree:

SteveHFC
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I will be happy with signing.

SlickShoes
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Hope he signs on longer than a 1 year deal or we are going to be in the situation of having a massive rebuild again next summer with the contracts ending or current 1 year contracts.

JimBHibees
09-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Hope he signs on longer than a 1 year deal or we are going to be in the situation of having a massive rebuild again next summer with the contracts ending or current 1 year contracts.

It mentions in the Sky report it is likely to be a 2 year deal.

basehibby
09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
What type of signing gets you excited?

Presumably only the ones who get snapped up by some other team are worthy of getting excited about :rolleyes:

Cocaine&Caviar
09-08-2011, 09:49 AM
So:

GK: Stack, Brown

RB: Palsson, Hart
CB: O'Hanlon, Stephens
CB: Hanlon, Murray
LB: Booth, Stevenson

RM: Sproule, Wotherspoon
CM: Osbourne, Scott
CM: Thornhill, De Graff
LM: Galbraith,

ST: GOC, Sodje
ST: Agogo,

With Horner, Taggart, Welsh, Crawford & Handling playing some part...

Would still like another option on the left, and a striker with pace. Airey & AN Other?

scuttle
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
The way we are playing at the moment we are not creating many chances . IMO we need more attacking options from midfield ,Being hard to beat is hardly going to see the fans flocking back in numbers

Hibi
09-08-2011, 10:03 AM
The way we are playing at the moment we are not creating many chances . IMO we need more attacking options from midfield ,Being hard to beat is hardly going to see the fans flocking back in numbers

Your right, however being hard to beat IMO is the first stage of building a successful team. Last year we were neither hard to beat or a great attacking side going forward. I'll settle for being hard to beat at the minute and start getting some wins in, get the confidence up and make teams worry about playing us again.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Your right, however being hard to beat IMO is the first stage of building a successful team. Last year we were neither hard to beat or a great attacking side going forward. I'll settle for being hard to beat at the minute and start getting some wins in, get the confidence up and make teams worry about playing us again.

This.

We have been a team with a soft centre for God knows how long. Over the last 2 seasons we went from being soft to a total shambles. CC has identified this and has put the wheels in motion to toughen us up and ensure we are a hard side to beat.

People will moan about this but if it's part of a long term plan to get us winning again then i'll happily accept it. It's probably worth remembering as well that the managers hand has been forced somewhat in the first few games due to only having one fit striker. With Sodje and Agogo still to come bacck as well as the continued development of Crawford and possibly A N other arrivingwe could see us adopt a more attacking stance in future games. The fact is as well with guys like Sproule, Booth, an on form Wotherspoon and Galbraith we still have players capable of getting forward and providing service to the front line.

Cabbage East
09-08-2011, 10:18 AM
We are crying out for some creativity in midfield/out wide. This should be among Calderwood's priorities and i'd be surprised if it isn't.

roondheid
09-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Not sure if already posted

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7089406,00.html

--------
09-08-2011, 10:38 AM
So:

GK: Stack, Brown

RB: Palsson, Hart
CB: O'Hanlon, Stephens
CB: Hanlon, Murray
LB: Booth, Stevenson

RM: Sproule, Wotherspoon
CM: Osbourne, Scott
CM: Thornhill, De Graff
LM: Galbraith,

ST: GOC, Sodje
ST: Agogo,

With Horner, Taggart, Welsh, Crawford & Handling playing some part...

Would still like another option on the left, and a striker with pace. Airey & AN Other?

Could do with another centre-back, IMO. RB, CB and striker; the five youngsters you mention are all excellent prospects, and there are more in the pipeline.

Feeling a wee bit more cheerful now.... :greengrin

Stevie Reid
09-08-2011, 11:22 AM
This.

We have been a team with a soft centre for God knows how long. Over the last 2 seasons we went from being soft to a total shambles. CC has identified this and has put the wheels in motion to toughen us up and ensure we are a hard side to beat.

People will moan about this but if it's part of a long term plan to get us winning again then i'll happily accept it. It's probably worth remembering as well that the managers hand has been forced somewhat in the first few games due to only having one fit striker. With Sodje and Agogo still to come bacck as well as the continued development of Crawford and possibly A N other arrivingwe could see us adopt a more attacking stance in future games. The fact is as well with guys like Sproule, Booth, an on form Wotherspoon and Galbraith we still have players capable of getting forward and providing service to the front line.

Completely agree. We all know what the ideal that we are striving for is, but in the meantime, I'd much rather win ugly than lose ugly - which was the case on far too many occasions last season.

thebakerboy
09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
All the top managers 1st objective is to build a spine through the side i.e. solid keeper(Stack) commanding centre half(O'Hanlon) solid midfield (Thornhill and Osbourne) solid striker upfront (O'Connor/ Sodge) and then fit other players round them and IMHO this seems to be exactly what CC is trying to find. As someone said earlier make us difficult to beat , gain confidence and then move forward with a bit of flair with Sproule , Galbraith and a couple of youngsters. Sounds very positive to me and I really feel we might just be moving forward.:cgwa

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2011, 11:31 AM

I agree, if we can win games ugly or pretty i'm happy. I dont really care either way to be honest at the moment, obviously its better to win playing silky attractive football, but lets just win for the moment, and add the rest when we can.

HibbyAndy
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Be fairly happy if he signed, Would be even more happier if we could sign a striker in the Leigh Griffith mould who would be a great foil for either GOC or Sodje. Nimble quick wee player that would get goals, In saying all that im not quite sure what Agogo's best position is up top.Maybe he is a good foil.

Albion Hibs
09-08-2011, 11:47 AM
The guy compares himself to Patrick Viera. If he's in any way comparable, I would imagine he could be both a creative player going forward but at the same time, able to be a dominate defending player at the back.

Agreed. I thought is was more of an attacking / passing midfielder, the later of which Viera certainly was and to an extent the former, hence he used to bag a few goals for the arsenal.

Has it actually been said he is a defensive midfielder, or is this just off the back of an EEN article and the fact his brother played that role against Celtic?!

JimBHibees
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Be fairly happy if he signed, Would be even more happier if we could sign a striker in the Leigh Griffith mould who would be a great foil for either GOC or Sodje. Nimble quick wee player that would get goals, In saying all that im not quite sure what Agogo's best position is up top.Maybe he is a good foil.

I maybe wrong but think Agogo is that sort of player who can get on the end of things and has a bit of pace. Still think we need another forward Griffiths or Airey would be ideal.

JimBHibees
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Has it actually been said he is a defensive midfielder, or is this just off the back of an EEN article and the fact his brother played that role against Celtic?!

Strachan described him when he signed on loan for Boro as a 'guy with not a lot of flair but is a good continuity player (assuming reasonable passer) with good height and can get about the pitch'. Sounds promising from that description.

--------
09-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Agreed. I thought is was more of an attacking / passing midfielder, the later of which Viera certainly was and to an extent the former, hence he used to bag a few goals for the arsenal.

That interview was a wee while ago, IIRC, but it seems he sees himself as an attacking midfield player picking up the ball deep and making forward runs in support of the strikers, like Viera did.

(http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/119/article.aspx)The only place I've seen him described as a defensive midfielder is the Wikipedia site.

And we all know how accurate THAT can be.

Sammy7nil
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Calm Down Sonny his comparrison to Patrick Viera is :confused::confused::confused:

47 games (I know he is young) in FIVE years suggests he has some way to go.

A promising signing but not exactly what we need. One goal in 3 games suggest we need someone to create chances.

Good luck to the laddie lets hope he is Patrick Viera :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

one day maybe...
09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Have we actually signed the gadgie or is it still pure speculation as yet?

--------
09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Calm Down Sonny his comparrison to Patrick Viera is :confused::confused::confused:

A promising signing but not exactly what we need. One goal in 3 games suggest we need someone to create chances.

Good luck to the laddie lets hope he is Patrick Viera :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

OOOOOOH YES.

HE may see himself as the next Patrick Viera.

He could very easily turn out to be the next Patrick Moore....

Albion Hibs
09-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I dont think anyone on here is saying he is going to be a viera, or a boozy and I dont think he is either. But lets be honest there would be no point as him decribing himself as John Smith that plays for Wrexham type of player, as no one would know what that is.

In any event it would seem on the face of it to be a decent signing. You dont get offered a contract extension at a Premiership team at that age if they dont see something, so fingers crossed he just lost his way a little bit and CC can get the best out of him.

On another note just re-read the thread...perhaps Palsson should shut his trap and play were he is told rather than moaning about it to fans in the gym!!

Hibeescott
09-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Have we actually signed the gadgie or is it still pure speculation as yet?

Not been confirmed yet but its not merely speculation either. He was in the directors lounge at ER on Saturday.

poolman
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Rangers now in for Osbourne :boo hoo:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5927033,00.html

R'Albin
09-08-2011, 01:53 PM

You had me worrying for a second!:greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Dated Feb 2010 :wink:

dwlt
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Did you forget to read the article? :rolleyes: It's from Feb 8, 2010 and it's talking about QPR.

Thomson
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Check the date. That was a report from February 2010. Its all good. :wink:

PatHead
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Got me on both counts.

poolman
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
did you forget to read the article? :rolleyes: It's from feb 8, 2010 and it's talking about qpr.

whoosh

jbwhibs70
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
The optimist in me hopes Hibs are holding back the news till 6pm to make a double announcement of two new quality players.

stokesmessiah
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
The optimist in me hopes Hibs are holding back the news till 6pm to make a double announcement of two new quality players.

I am aware you said the optimist in you but there is no grounds whatsoever to think Hibs are about to announce 1 player today let alone 2, is there?

Hibiza
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Can he play at right back ?

bighairyfaeleith
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Why the **** has he no signed yet????

What the **** is going on at east mains??

Why the **** does petrie no spend any cash???

I'm never going back!!

Mibbes Aye
09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
OOOOOOH YES.HE may see himself as the next Patrick Viera.He could very easily turn out to be the next Patrick Moore.... Either way it's an opportunity to see stars at ER.Win win :agree:

jbwhibs70
09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I am aware you said the optimist in you but there is no grounds whatsoever to think Hibs are about to announce 1 player today let alone 2, is there? If the report on sky sports saying ossie will sign 2 year deal with Hibs is wrong and supporters at easter rd who saw him there myself included imagined it then there are no grounds so you are correct how could I be so foolish.

CapitalHibs
09-08-2011, 06:28 PM
If he makes the same impact as Rocastle did when he was here, I'll be a very, very happy man:thumbsup:

stokesmessiah
09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
If the report on sky sports saying ossie will sign 2 year deal with Hibs is wrong and supporters at easter rd who saw him there myself included imagined it then there are no grounds so you are correct how could I be so foolish.

I think you totally misunderstood that message.

Wow some people on here are touchy !

Nando™
09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I dont think anyone on here is saying he is going to be a viera, or a boozy and I dont think he is either. But lets be honest there would be no point as him decribing himself as John Smith that plays for Wrexham type of player, as no one would know what that is.

In any event it would seem on the face of it to be a decent signing. You dont get offered a contract extension at a Premiership team at that age if they dont see something, so fingers crossed he just lost his way a little bit and CC can get the best out of him.

On another note just re-read the thread...perhaps Palsson should shut his trap and play were he is told rather than moaning about it to fans in the gym!!
Did you perhaps think that he might have been asked what he thought about playing at RB?

If that's the case then what do you expect him to do, lie about it?

jbwhibs70
09-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I think you totally misunderstood that message.

Wow some people on here are touchy ! No problem .Now we will have to wait longer,Hibs never seem to rush things ,hope we dont lose him.

BEEJ
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
No problem .Now we will have to wait longer,Hibs never seem to rush things ,hope we dont lose him.
On 4 August CC was quoted as saying that two players would be arriving "certainly within the fortnight". That takes us to 18 August, or a week on Thursday.

They are clearly working on deals; but that quote suggests to me that any arrivals this week must be viewed as being a bonus.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2011, 07:50 PM

If he turns out to be a quarter of the player Viera is then were onto a good one :greengrin

FromTheCapital
09-08-2011, 10:16 PM
so?...

stack

palsson
hanlon
stephens (until o'hanlon is fit again)
booth

wotherspoon
osbourne
murray (c)
thornhill

sodje/agogo
o'connor

:hibees :cgwa :flag:

Hibeescott
09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
so?...

stack

palsson
hanlon
stephens (until o'hanlon is fit again)
booth

wotherspoon
osbourne
murray (c)
thornhill

sodje/agogo
o'connor

Who is left midfield?? Thornhill? :confused:

archiebald
09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Who is left midfield?? Thornhill? :confused:

Murray still in team - eh dont know about that (good sub )

Albion Hibs
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Did you perhaps think that he might have been asked what he thought about playing at RB?

If that's the case then what do you expect him to do, lie about it?

Simply put...YES.

There is such a thing as respecting the dressing room, not airing the dirty laundry in public.

He is 19, he should be happy he is getting a regular game.

Albion Hibs
09-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Watched any games this season?

hibsfan7
09-08-2011, 10:47 PM
team then

stack

palsson
stephens
hanlon
booth

sproule
osbourne
murray
thornhill

garry
agogo

CapitalHibs
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Palsson at right back? Naw... I think we might have a right back (Maloney?) very soon. Palsson and Osbourne midfield.. seem to be two different kind of players (imo)

Capt Mainwaring
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
team then

stack

palsson
stephens
hanlon
booth

sproule
osbourne
murray
thornhill

garry
agogo

Get a Right Back, swap Palsson for Murray in Midfield and Stephens for O'Hanlon at CB. Job done :wink:

CapitalHibs
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Get a Right Back, swap Palsson for Murray in Midfield and Stephens for O'Hanlon at CB. Job done :wink:

Great minds and all that, Captain:wink:

SteveHFC
09-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Stack

New RB
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Ivan
Thornhill
Osbourne
Palsson
Galbraith

O'Connor

archiebald
09-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Watched any games this season?

Yip plus a season ticket holder for 40 yrs Just need a rb and Murray is out, a good sub as I said he starts every season the same-but now getting slower and slower :wink: And not a Calderwood signing-and mangers usually play own players first.

zemmamarama
10-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Why the **** has he no signed yet???? What the **** is going on at east mains?? Why the **** does petrie no spend any cash??? I'm never going back!! Brilliant! :aok:

Jack
10-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Yip plus a season ticket holder for 40 yrs Just need a rb and Murray is out, a good sub as I said he starts every season the same-but now getting slower and slower :wink: And not a Calderwood signing-and mangers usually play own players first.

Ha ha! Got ya!! He didn’t start last season at all because he was suspended :na na: :devil:

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
10-08-2011, 08:13 AM

If I was Palsson I would take my games at right back, he showed little to nothing in the midfield last season. You will have had the benefit of the Celtic game on TV but perhaps missed Inverness where he was our best player by a distance and also one of the best against Sunderland.

I would not be advocating dropping a player that has been so influential on our season so far....just because, and of course slotting in a RB in front of Palsson, who in fairness to him has been a far more important / useful player there than anywhere else on the pitch. But I appreciate in the usual .net fashion there is always a mindset to go for something different just because it is different.

I dont think there are many managers out there that would be in the habit of changing a winning team. Do you?

flash
10-08-2011, 08:17 AM
There is little chance that the team that won at inverness would get away with it again.

Hibeescott
10-08-2011, 08:22 AM

I agree with you, IMO Murray will be a good squad player but not comfortable enough on the ball to hold a regular slot in CM. But folk will have different opinions on that.

What baffles me is how anyone who has watched thornhill play can suggest our best team is with him at LM. Very bizarre.

Albion Hibs
10-08-2011, 08:23 AM
There is little chance that the team that won at inverness would get away with it again.

Good skills mate, nice and positive, wondered when the doom and gloom would come back. Our first ever win up there, yet amazing how some of our supporters still manage to find fault.

For what it is worth, having been at the game, I would disagree.

smurf
10-08-2011, 08:25 AM
If I was Palsson I would take my games at right back, he showed little to nothing in the midfield last season. You will have had the benefit of the Celtic game on TV but perhaps missed Inverness where he was our best player by a distance and also one of the best against Sunderland.

I would not be advocating dropping a player that has been so influential on our season so far....just because, and of course slotting in a RB in front of Palsson, who in fairness to him has been a far more important / useful player there than anywhere else on the pitch. But I appreciate in the usual .net fashion there is always a mindset to go for something different just because it is different.

I dont think there are many managers out there that would be in the habit of changing a winning team. Do you?

You honestly think Palsson showed "...little to nothing in midfield..." last season?

He was key to the five game run that saved our season from humiliation...

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
.................................................. .................Stack............................ .................................................

New RB(Maloney).......................Hanlon.......... .....................O'Hanlon..................... ......................Booth

.................................................. ................Palsson........................... ................................................

Sproule........................................... .............Thornhill............................ .............................Galbraith/New LM

..............................................O'Co nnor.............................Agogo/Sodje

IMO

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 08:30 AM
You honestly think Palsson showed "...little to nothing in midfield..." last season?

Along with Stack..

Albion Hibs
10-08-2011, 08:38 AM

You are having one. Far too early in the morning for whatever you are drinking.

Anyway this is a thread for a player we are trying to sign, not having a go at our current ones.

Zazu62
10-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Has osbourne signed??

Hibeescott
10-08-2011, 08:54 AM
COLIN CALDERWOOD has expressed his delight at finally landing Isaiah Osbourne - three years after failing to sign him for Nottingham Forest.
The 6ft2 attacking midfielder has agreed terms on a two year deal following his release from Aston Villa and travelled up for a medical in the Capital last night.
Now the Osbourne family will be ringing Sunday September 11 on their calendars when Hibs host Aberdeen - and Isaiah gets the chance to face brother Isaac who has just signed for the Dons.
He will today become Hibs' fifth summer capture, joining Garry O'Connor, Ivan Sproule, Sean O'Hanlon and Junior Agogo.
Calderwood admits he is amazed Hibs have managed to snatch the 23-year-old from under the noses of a number of Championship clubs.
He said: "Isaiah is a player I have admired for some time and someone who was very much in my thoughts when I was at Forest.
"He actually went there on loan after I left the club.
"But I never expected he would become available in the manner he has now and that just shows the calibre of players who have become available this summer.
"He's a big, athletic type whose biggest strength is his physical ability and I see him as someone who will get forward for us and make things happen.
"He was given a great football education at Aston Villa and he could easily play for any club in the Championship.
"The problem is a lot of sides there have loaded their bases there early this summer and don't have any more space. So I have my fingers crossed we can get everything signed and sealed."
Osbourne made his Premier League debut under Martin O'Neill in 2006, doing enough to win a three-and-a-half-year deal but struggling to hold down a first-team place.
Calderwood added: "I know he and his family went up to watch Sunday's game with Celtic at Pittodrie, so it will have increased their awareness of the game up here.
"And I am confident this will turn out to be a really good deal for the club."

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2011, 09:03 AM
More beef and height and a decent engine. Not the worse thing we can do.

Hibtastic
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
COLIN CALDERWOOD has expressed his delight at finally landing Isaiah Osbourne - three years after failing to sign him for Nottingham Forest.
The 6ft2 attacking midfielder has agreed terms on a two year deal following his release from Aston Villa and travelled up for a medical in the Capital last night.
Now the Osbourne family will be ringing Sunday September 11 on their calendars when Hibs host Aberdeen - and Isaiah gets the chance to face brother Isaac who has just signed for the Dons.
He will today become Hibs' fifth summer capture, joining Garry O'Connor, Ivan Sproule, Sean O'Hanlon and Junior Agogo.
Calderwood admits he is amazed Hibs have managed to snatch the 23-year-old from under the noses of a number of Championship clubs.
He said: "Isaiah is a player I have admired for some time and someone who was very much in my thoughts when I was at Forest.
"But I never expected he would become available in the manner he has now and that just shows the calibre of players who have become available this summer.
"He's a big, athletic type whose biggest strength is his physical ability and I see him as someone who will get forward for us and make things happen.
"He was given a great football education at Aston Villa and he could easily play for any club in the Championship.
"The problem is a lot of sides there have loaded their bases there early this summer and don't have any more space. So I have my fingers crossed we can get everything signed and sealed."
Osbourne made his Premier League debut under Martin O'Neill in 2006, doing enough to win a three-and-a-half-year deal but struggling to hold down a first-team place.
Calderwood added: "I know he and his family went up to watch Sunday's game with Celtic at Pittodrie, so it will have increased their awareness of the game up here.

Where is this article from? Delighted if true.

EskbankHibby
10-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Sorry if i missed it earlier in thread but where did you get this article from mate?

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Where is this taken from?

smurf
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Along with Stack..

Yip. And CC...

Anyway, has Osbourne signed or are we waiting to announce another?

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Yip. And CC...

Anyway, has Osbourne signed or are we waiting to announce another?

:pray:

flash
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Good skills mate, nice and positive, wondered when the doom and gloom would come back. Our first ever win up there, yet amazing how some of our supporters still manage to find fault.

For what it is worth, having been at the game, I would disagree.

Doom and gloom yer erse. Just simply stating that we rode our luck at ICT and would probably not get away with it again.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-08-2011, 09:09 AM

Where is this from?

NiallGR
10-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Where is this taken from?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3742863/Hibee-Isaiah-to-face-his-brother-Issac.html

Hibeescott
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
It's on the Sun website today folks.

Speedway
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
"The problem is a lot of sides there have loaded their bases there early this summer and don't have any more space. So I have my fingers crossed we can get everything signed and sealed."Osbourne made his Premier League debut under Martin O'Neill in 2006, doing enough to win a three-and-a-half-year deal but struggling to hold down a first-team place.

And there's why it ain't on the fishy.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Even though it is not official yet, i reckon it will be soon, and i am excited for when it is.

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3742863/Hibee-Isaiah-to-face-his-brother-Issac.html

Ta:aok:

aberhibsfc
10-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Ta:aok:

Bubba Gump?

Well, if he can play anywhere near a Patrick Viera, then sign me up. I hope he's more Veira than Noubiussi was.

Certainly looks as though CC has put some real height and strength into the team. It's what were lead to expect given his philosophy of the the game. Sproule's been the only lightish weight to come in, but no-one can doubt his input for the team. Pace and trickery.

Call me greedy, but I would like to get at least one more creative type in the team. I think Palsson and Thornhill will create passes. Sproule will obviously look to capitalise on these channeled passes. Hopefully Agogo, Sodje and O'Connor will be able to thrive on them too. Just feel we need some one like a Latapy, Crunchie, Weir, someone of that ilk to be in amongst things and try to beat players. We can pass around but it would be beneficial to be able to mix it up and not be too predictable. I am not complaining, much, just a viewpoint.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM
GK: Stack, Brown No more needed

RB: Hart, Taggart Need a right back
CB: Hanlon, O'Hanlon, Stephens No more needed, Murray can play there
LB: Booth, Smith No more needed

RM: Wotherspoon, Sproule No more needed
CM: Murray, Palsson, Thornhill, Scott, Welsh, Osbourne, De Graaf, Horner No more needed
LM: Galbraith, Stevenson Could do with a left mid

CF: O'Connor, Sodje, Agogo, Crawford Maybe another needed

Overall i am much more pleased and optimistic about this squad than i was a month ago, and in fact more than i have the last couple of seasons. Another couple of signings would be great, and i am looking forward to the season.

:flag:

greenlex
10-08-2011, 11:06 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Ozzy-set-to-sign-twoyear.6816135.jp

GloryGlory
10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Ozzy-set-to-sign-twoyear.6816135.jp

Only just repeating the earlier press story. Lazy journos! :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Bubba Gump?

Well, if he can play anywhere near a Patrick Viera, then sign me up. I hope he's more Veira than Noubiussi was.

Certainly looks as though CC has put some real height and strength into the team. It's what were lead to expect given his philosophy of the the game. Sproule's been the only lightish weight to come in, but no-one can doubt his input for the team. Pace and trickery.

Call me greedy, but I would like to get at least one more creative type in the team. I think Palsson and Thornhill will create passes. Sproule will obviously look to capitalise on these channeled passes. Hopefully Agogo, Sodje and O'Connor will be able to thrive on them too. Just feel we need some one like a Latapy, Crunchie, Weir, someone of that ilk to be in amongst things and try to beat players. We can pass around but it would be beneficial to be able to mix it up and not be too predictable. I am not complaining, much, just a viewpoint.

:agree: And about time too. For far too long Hibs have been a soft touch particularly in m/f with one of the shortest, lightweight mids in pro football. Its been obvious to most Hibbies that we've been bullied out of games in the SPL by lesser but more physical sides, esp in winter when the pitches get churned up.

Looks like CC has seen this as a problem and targeted some bigger physical guys to beef the team up :thumbsup: Hopefully one or two decent last minute buys will complete the squad and give us something (anything) to look forward to.

TRIALIST
10-08-2011, 12:10 PM

CM: Murray, Palsson, Thornhill, Scott, Welsh, Osbourne, De Graaf, Horner No more needed

Overall i am much more pleased and optimistic about this squad than i was a month ago, and in fact more than i have the last couple of seasons. Another couple of signings would be great, and i am looking forward to the season.

I'm sure we will be looking out for a goalie to back up our two senior injury prone goalies, Callum Antell is too young and I expect he will have an extended loan period after his current short term loan at East Stirlingshire.
We have had speculation about interest in young goalies from Argentina and Finland both these guys have the L plates up and are in their early twenties....similar to our trialist goalie at the end of last season.

Sean1875
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Delighted with this news, genuinely believe if we can manage to get a left mid in and a right back we could realistically be making a big push for Europe :agree:

archiebald
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I agree with you, IMO Murray will be a good squad player but not comfortable enough on the ball to hold a regular slot in CM. But folk will have different opinions on that.

What baffles me is how anyone who has watched thornhill play can suggest our best team is with him at LM. Very bizarre.

Correct

archiebald
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Ha ha! Got ya!! He didn’t start last season at all because he was suspended :na na: :devil:

Well it must have started at some time - or did it
:aok:

JimBHibees
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Sounds like this is the sort of signing that justifies CC's more patient approach as he appears to be a higher quality that might have been expected hopefully that is the case.

--------
10-08-2011, 12:43 PM

I would be concerned if the only back-up we had to O'Hanlon (injured already!) were Stephens and Murray. The first is inexperienced and not yet anything like ready for extended first-team selection; the second looks to me to be slowing up and not as flexible as he used to be. Squad player, but not one I would like to depend on over an extended run, either.

A younger keeper to back-up Stack and Brown is needed. I agree about left-mid and a striker. Not sure Taggart and Smith are quite ready either - maybe CC needs to look at that too. (I'm sure he already has!)

IMO we're still 3-4 players short of what we need.

BTW - do you know how to tell the Osbourne brothers apart?

If you look at Isaac full-face, his eyes are level.

If you do the same with Isaiah, you'll see that his right eye's 'igher that this left.

BYEEEEE!

Speedway
10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I expect that Ozzy is the 'quality signing' that we had funds ringpieced for. A Joe Keenan style signing he is certainly not.

That said, I do wonder whether we can now add anyone of a similar quality on a permanent deal without getting bodies out of the door first.

We have one out on loan and another three looking to be punted out on loan but I would now be interested to see what the future has in store for EDG, Hart and Jimmy.

I expect loan deals from here on in or a cheap deal if it's a permanent.

JimBHibees
10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I would be concerned if the only back-up we had to O'Hanlon (injured already!) were Stephens and Murray. The first is inexperienced and not yet anything like ready for extended first-team selection; the second looks to me to be slowing up and not as flexible as he used to be. Squad player, but not one I would like to depend on over an extended run, either.

A younger keeper to back-up Stack and Brown is needed. I agree about left-mid and a striker. Not sure Taggart and Smith are quite ready either - maybe CC needs to look at that too. (I'm sure he already has!)

IMO we're still 3-4 players short of what we need.

Couldnt agree more hopefully there is some mileage in the Mark Reynolds rumour. Another striker is needed also IMO.

GloryGlory
10-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I expect that Ozzy is the 'quality signing' that we had funds ringpieced for. A Joe Keenan style signing he is certainly not.

That said, I do wonder whether we can now add anyone of a similar quality on a permanent deal without getting bodies out of the door first.

We have one out on loan and another three looking to be punted out on loan but I would now be interested to see what the future has in store for EDG, Hart and Jimmy.

I would expect that Hart will be here until the end of his contract, if his injury is as serious as first thought. Maybe he could recover in time for the January window, but I doubt anyone would have him if he is not match fit.

Speedway
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I would expect that Hart will be here until the end of his contract, if his injury is as serious as first thought. Maybe he could recover in time for the January window, but I doubt anyone would have him if he is not match fit.

Or we could give him £50,000 to pay him off.

SlickShoes
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM

hahahahah:aok:

Speedway
10-08-2011, 01:03 PM
With Ozzy on board, we have have a first team squad of 26 without counting the likes of Handling, Caldwell etc.

Welsh, Taggart, Smith and Horner can be expected to go on loan but we're seriously top heavy with midfielders, even operating a 4-5-1 most weeks.

I wonder of Ozzy can play left mid since CC says that he likes to get forward and make things happen.

A loanee defender and striker now and I think that's us.

Leithenhibby
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
He still hasn't signed yet, this is not the Hibernian way :wink:

I'm hoping that this doesn't go belly-up as I'm looking forward to watching this guy in a Hibernian shirt.. :agree:

smurf
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Or we could give him £50,000 to pay him off.

Does insurance cover wages when a player is out long term injured?

btw was Scott injured on sat? Or is it looking likely he's out of the picture?

Speedway
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Does insurance cover wages when a player is out long term injured?

btw was Scott injured on sat? Or is it looking likely he's out of the picture?

I think like most insurance it will cover a percentage.

Scott was only back in training on Monday last along with SO'H so I think they were being protected.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I do not think we need a goalkeeper. Stack as first choice and Brown as back-up is good enough for me. Then we have Antell for a young keeper so if one of them gets injured he can be recalled as back-up. A back-up centre back would be beneficial but i do not think it is necessary, however we need a right back and need a left mid, aswell as another striker.

That was what i was meaning, the positions i mentioned are ones we are desperate for, goalie and centre back would be good as cover, but are not as urgent as the other 3 i said.

smurf
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Scott was only back in training on Monday last along with SO'H so I think they were being protected.

Anyone impressed with Scott?

jdships
10-08-2011, 01:11 PM

From my own experience , be it a "few" years ago :greengrin , there are varying degrees of insurance re payment of wages while injured .
In my time most of us were covered for half wages while unfit .

Speedway
10-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I do not think we need a goalkeeper. Stack as first choice and Brown as back-up is good enough for me. Then we have Antell for a young keeper so if one of them gets injured he can be recalled as back-up. A back-up centre back would be beneficial but i do not think it is necessary, however we need a right back and need a left mid, aswell as another striker.

That was what i was meaning, the positions i mentioned are ones we are desperate for, goalie and centre back would be good as cover, but are not as urgent as the other 3 i said.

I'm not sure about the left mid Fraze. We're playing a 4-5-1 generally and even if thast goes to 4-4-2 when we get Agogo and Sodje back, then you'd think that Sproule, Thornhill, Palsson and Ozzy are all first picks.

I would assume that we've got a 5 man mid which means that it's for Lewis, Danny and Spoon to fight it out for that final spot in the team.

We also haven't even been linked or rumoured to be in for a left mid properly this summer.

matty_f
10-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Anyone impressed with Scott?

I think he's good for a specific role for a certain type of game. I don't think his all round game is that great but would definitely have him in the squad when fit, IMHO.

dangermouse
10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Sounds like this is the sort of signing that justifies CC's more patient approach as he appears to be a higher quality that might have been expected hopefully that is the case.

Exactly. Would we rather have O'Connor, O'Hanlon, Osbourne and Agogo or Sutton, Grainger, Taoul and the other bloke they signed. Ivan doesn't count as he was already in situ.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Exactly. Would we rather have O'Connor, O'Hanlon, Osbourne and Agogo or Sutton, Grainger, Taoul and the other bloke they signed. Ivan doesn't count as he was already in situ.

Definately. A yam mate of mine said yesteday that Sutton is as bad as Nade! :greengrin So much for their massive signing. :not worth

Pretty Boy
10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Very good signing when it's finalised.

If we get in another decent striker in the Airey or Griffiths mould i'll be pretty happy with the transfer window and would even say, for all the noise they made, we have had a better window than the yams.

O'Connor- Proven SPL goalscorer, experience of playing in Russia as well as EPL and Championship experience.

Sproule- Done it for us before, good few years experience in the Championship, still far from a technically perfect footballer but wears his heart on his sleeve and is always a danger.

O'Hanlon- Solid, well rated by fans of his previous clubs. Exactly what we needed.

Agogo- Years of experience in a very decent interntional team, scored goals wherever he has been.

Osbourne- Maybe lost his way a bit in recent years but well rated at Villa, few spells on loan in the Championship. We're never going to sign the finished arcticle from an EPL team but a well rated player whos lost his way a bit is a good bit of business if we can get the best out of him.

Whilst another couple would have been nice we now have enough to avoid being in any relegation bother (touch wood smilie), most if not all are an improvement on last year and there should be room and funds for further strenghtening in January. I was never in the total doom and gloom brigade but i'm feeling a lot more confident now than i was a few weeks ago, the top 6 is the target but Europe isn't impossible.

Speedway
10-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Still one more to come before the Killie game.

Barney McGrew
10-08-2011, 01:50 PM

And it looks like that will be tomorrow :agree:

Thecat23
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Very good signing when it's finalised.

If we get in another decent striker in the Airey or Griffiths mould i'll be pretty happy with the transfer window and would even say, for all the noise they made, we have had a better window than the yams.

O'Connor- Proven SPL goalscorer, experience of playing in Russia as well as EPL and Championship experience.

Sproule- Done it for us before, good few years experience in the Championship, still far from a technically perfect footballer but wears his heart on his sleeve and is always a danger.

O'Hanlon- Solid, well rated by fans of his previous clubs. Exactly what we needed.

Agogo- Years of experience in a very decent interntional team, scored goals wherever he has been.

Osbourne- Maybe lost his way a bit in recent years but well rated at Villa, few spells on loan in the Championship. We're never going to sign the finished arcticle from an EPL team but a well rated player whos lost his way a bit is a good bit of business if we can get the best out of him.

Whilst another couple would have been nice we now have enough to avoid being in any relegation bother (touch wood smilie), most if not all are an improvement on last year and there should be room and funds for further strenghtening in January. I was never in the total doom and gloom brigade but i'm feeling a lot more confident now than i was a few weeks ago, the top 6 is the target but Europe isn't impossible.

Spot on mate, I agree with the lot to be fair. Top 6 should be our target now and just push on from there.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM

I hate how you know these things. :agree: Or is it on the PM board? Off to have a look.

EDIT: Oh i see now, good to see that Joey Barton has finally made the right decision then. :thumbsup:

Speedway
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
And it looks like that will be tomorrow :agree:

PM board folk ken whit's goin' oan. :agree:

Barney McGrew
10-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Roll up, roll up - only ten quid for the exclusives :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM

I hope its a right back, then we can get Palsson back into midfield. A decent right back is imperative imo, yes Palsson and Wotherspoon can play there, but i'd rather we had a proper full back, not a converted one. That and a left sided midfielder and although i have never seen Osbourne, if he's anything about him a team of

Stack
new right back
Stevens
O'hanlon
Booth
Sproule
Thornhill
Osbourne
Palsson
O'Conner
Sodje/Agogo

Would be pretty decent imo.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Damn them all!

No clues for us mere mortals?

Ryan91
10-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn them all!

We'll know soon enough; patience is a virtue.

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn them all!

Read my last post, i accidently let slip. :greengrin

Speedway
10-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Damn them all!

Let's say that twits have revealed all and it's light and breezy in there.

half.time.draw.
10-08-2011, 02:17 PM

We sure do, well worth the cash the old PM board:agree::agree:

Speedway
10-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I hope its a right back, then we can get Palsson back into midfield. A decent right back is imperative imo, yes Palsson and Wotherspoon can play there, but i'd rather we had a proper full back, not a converted one. That and a left sided midfielder and although i have never seen Osbourne, if he's anything about him a team of

Stack
new right back
Stevens
O'hanlon
Booth
Sproule
Thornhill
Osbourne
Palsson
O'Conner
Sodje/Agogo

According to a conversation I had with a Notts Forest shareholder the other week, we've been in for Maloney all summer as we were last January. Lindsay said on HTV that CC is prepared to wait for who he wants so maybe that's the crack concerning the right back.

PeterboroHibee
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Damn them all!

Phil Aireys put on his twitter page (and its been announced on others) that hes coming up tomorrow for a medical so assuming its that.

CapitalHibs
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Let's say that twits have revealed all and it's light and breezy in there.

:hmmm:Hmmmm... let's see ... something to do with air, eh?

SouthMoroccoStu
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Will no one tell me who's coming!?!?! :wink:

micksoo
10-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Phil Aireys put on his twitter page (and its been announced on others) that hes coming up tomorrow for a medical so assuming its that.

what is his twitter name?

CapitalHibs
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::partyhibb Feel the feel-good factor returning:wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
According to a conversation I had with a Notts Forest shareholder the other week, we've been in for Maloney all summer as we were last January. Lindsay said on HTV that CC is prepared to wait for who he wants so maybe that's the crack concerning the right back.

Hopefully he's the man then to fill that problematic right back spot? The midfield is slightly unbalanced imo, with no real left sided midfielder other than Galbraith, who imo needs to make that his position soon if he's to get a regular place.

Personally i doubt it, i dont think he at this moment is good enough, and would prefer a better more rounded player, rather than one who does not offer much more than the odd cross now and then.

A right back and a left sided midfielder, obviously better than we currently have, and we are looking at a decent side.

Cropley10
10-08-2011, 02:47 PM
How come it's in the Sun and yet, still no news?

Not the way we usually do business.

JimBHibees
10-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Airey9 i think. Says on here.

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=40142.0

Speedway
10-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Now you're philling in the blanks.

Aireyfairy69

Hopefully he's the man then to fill that problematic right back spot? The midfield is slightly unbalanced imo, with no real left sided midfielder other than Galbraith, who imo needs to make that his position soon if he's to get a regular place.

Personally i doubt it, i dont think he at this moment is good enough, and would prefer a better more rounded player, rather than one who does not offer much more than the odd cross now and then.

A right back and a left sided midfielder, obviously better than we currently have, and we are looking at a decent side.

Obviously Calderwood has got to use whatever is at his disposal to fill in the hole. Depending where Ozzy plays, I don't see us going for a left mid as I said earlier because Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Lewis and Booth can all play there.

CC must think that we need Ozzy as someone who can create in midfield which suggests that he's ruled out EDG being able to do that and knows that Thornhill has been injury prone in his career to date.

down-the-slope
10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
:yawn:......sorry starting reading this thread 4 pages back.....more speculation than the LSE...

More importantly....how many have rushed to buy season tickets now that things look somewhat different than the pessimists were proclaiming a very short time back :wink:

one swallow does not a summer make...i am also well aware of

R'Albin
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110810/osbourne-joins-hibernian_2262950_2416146 Osbourne official:cgwa:flag:

Speedway
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110810/osbourne-joins-hibernian_2262950_2416146 Osbourne official:cgwa:flag:

International rescue to be received. Double bubble with Airey tomorrow, it is.

le bill
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110810/osbourne-joins-hibernian_2262950_2416146

JimBHibees
10-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Great news, why does it say pending international clearance.

HibbyAndy

:aok:

Liking the write up the boy has been giving, Sounds a player that we could sure do with, Big physical player that kens how to mix it.

Sean1875
Brilliant news, welcome to the Hibees Ozzy :cgwa

Gordon Quinn
10-08-2011, 03:15 PM
He's signed. Check official site:flag:

greenlex
10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
good stuff. Good pedigree and he is saying all the right things. Lets hope it works out to benefit both parties. :thumbsup:
Welcome aboard Ozzy:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speedway
10-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Another Calderwood coup.

Congrats to the board and the manager for getting the deal done.

The board said they'd back the manager and that's what they are doing.

The manager has brought in one quality player after another since January and there's more to come.

We wanted a manager with contacts, who players respected, who'd seen bigger things and won things and who was rated in the game.

We've got one.

Ryan91
10-08-2011, 03:19 PM
get in!

:flag::flag:

Keith_M
10-08-2011, 03:20 PM
"They're a big, physical side"

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Another Calderwood coup.

The manager has brought in one quality player after another since January and there's more to come.

We wanted a manager with contacts, who players respected, who'd seen bigger things and won things and who was rated in the game.

We've got one.

As someone who has criticised his commitment to the club, there's no denying he certainly seems to have signed what looks like good players. Hopefully he can mould them into a team and we are as successful as we all want us to be.

lucky
10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Seems to have a decent pedigree but has anyone seen him play? clearly CC is going for big strong players hopefully we will be able to compete with the more physical teams in the SPL. wonder who is next? also does this confirm CC commitment to ER

Barney McGrew
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Yet another signing that neglects to mention East Mains and the East Stand.

Standards are slipping :greengrin

greenlex
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I really cannae wait for the Derby at Tynie. WE will be able to cope physically all over the park for the first time in years. Bring it ****ing on. I am so excited. Front row seats too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::fla g:

frazeHFC
Fantastic! :cgwa

'Mon the Hibs

Ryan91
Another Calderwood coup.

We've got one.

:agree:

Could not agree more, I was speaking with a fellow hibby after the friendly defeat to Livingston, he was calling for Caldo's head (rather irrationally), I told him "give him more time, he'll produce the goods soon enough" and lo and behold he has and if what I'm hearing is true, we could have another signing tomorrow as well.

greenlex
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Standards are slipping :greengrin Not directly Barney but he did say everything was in place. :greengrin

frazeHFC
10-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I really cannae wait for the Derby at Tynie. WE will be able to cope physically all over the park for the first time in years. Bring it ****ing on. I am so excited. Front row seats too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::fla g:

Getting mine very soon, probably tomorrow. :flag:

IWasThere2016
10-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Doom and gloom yer erse. Just simply stating that we rode our luck at ICT and would probably not get away with it again.

Did you read the match stats (facts)?

col02
10-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Isaiah! I am sure that you will go on to follow the rest of Calderwood's signings so far by bringing a decent amount of ability to the team!

IWasThere2016
10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the lad!

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Speedway
As someone who has criticised his commitment to the club, there's no denying he certainly seems to have signed what looks like good players. Hopefully he can mould them into a team and we are as successful as we all want us to be.

Fair play to you G, I think we all share that wish apart from those perpetual whingers who are very quiet just now. I'm sure they'll be along soon to point out that it's been 20 minutes since the announcement and the team page on the official site has yet to be updated.

Part/Time Supporter
Great news, why does it say pending international clearance.

Because he last played for a team in England.

Stevie Reid
10-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Very, very happy :aok:

Bob Box Fish
10-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Good news! Looks a prospect on paper

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
The GOC and Sproule returns got me a bit interested in the hibees again, but many weeks on, looking at things now - I would say I have that nice fuzzy feeling about the cabbage again

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Fair play to you G, I think we all share that wish apart from those perpetual whingers who are very quiet just now. I'm sure they'll be along soon to point out that it's been 20 minutes since the announcement and the team page on the official site has yet to be updated.

As i said all summer, the way he went about the will he wont he bollox with Forrest and Birmingham was wrong imo. He could have stopped the speculation with one interview.

As it is, if we start winning and put a team out that competes at the right end of the table, and competes better in the cup competitions we will all be happy, well i certainly will.

Europe or a cup, and nobody will even mention this summer certainly not me. :greengrin

Stevie Reid
10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
The GOC and Sproule returns got me a bit interested in the hibees again, but many weeks on, looking at things now - I would say I have that nice fuzzy feeling about the cabbage again

The atmosphere on here compared to the mass panic after Sheridan went to St. Johnstone is hugely refreshing. Here's hoping that things don't get all D&G again if we lose on Sunday.

BroxburnHibee
10-08-2011, 04:01 PM
The atmosphere on here compared to the mass panic after Sheridan went to St. Johnstone is hugely refreshing. Here's hoping that things don't get all D&G again if we lose on Saturday.

That will be a new one - usually they wait till after the game to moan :wink: :greengrin

Stevie Reid
10-08-2011, 04:01 PM
That will be a new one - usually they wait till after the game to moan :wink: :greengrin

Fixed it a minute ago :wink:

Dinkydoo
10-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Very pleased with this signing. Things really are starting to look up.

GGTTH

Higgy115
10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Is that the number 10 shirt snapped up then?

EasterRoad4Ever
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like yet another signing which is not only an improvement on those that have left, but add a bit of physicality to the team. Maybe the days of Hibs being a team of weak-minded, uncommitted laddies is over.

CC has a lot to prove in terms of managing Hibs but he seems to be bringing in the right type of players.

Speedway
10-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Standards are slipping :greengrin

It's worse that that Barney. Most signings are 'delighted' to join Hibs, Ozzy is merely 'very pleased'.

CC's coat's on a shoogly peg.

SteveHFC
Welcome :aok:

Franck Stanton
Would seem to be a good signing, he must be keen to come to us as even CC thought it wouldn't happen until next week.

Speedway
10-08-2011, 04:15 PM
In last week's exclusive interview, CC said that Hibs had approached two players that week and that CC was looking to conclude deals quickly.

Since we know another player is having his medical tomorrow morning, I wonder if CC is 2/2 in getting his targets.

A Hibs manager signing the players he's actually targeted. Imagine that!

Gatecrasher
10-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Good news, it seems cc is building a decent squad

Barney McGrew
10-08-2011, 04:18 PM

That's impossible, everyone knows that it's Petrie that decides on who's signing. It must be true, because I read it on here :agree:

Billy Whizz
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
It will be interesting to see if he comes straight into the team or not. I'm presuming he hasn't played many games this season. Where is he going to play and instead of who, to give us our shape?

Speedway
10-08-2011, 04:26 PM
It will be interesting to see if he comes straight into the team or not. I'm presuming he hasn't played many games this season. Where is he going to play and instead of who, to give us our shape?

Who has played many games this season?

Franck Stanton
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Stack
new right back
Stevens
O'hanlon
Booth
Sproule
Thornhill
Osbourne
Palsson
O'Conner
Sodje/Agogo

BH I see you haven't selected Hanlon in your back 4. I totally agree as I can't for the life of me see what a lot of supporters that post claim to. Not saying he wont develope into a good player, but, at the moment he just doesn't float my boat. Glad there are a few other supporters with the same opinion.

HH81
10-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Almost as funny as your text :greengrin

Billy Whizz
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Who has played many games this season?

Has he played any football? Most of our squad will have played 4/5 games inc friendlies

LeithBoozy
10-08-2011, 04:37 PM
A Hibby has posted on the EEN site, that his cousin who stays down Birmingham way. Reckons Osbourne is a very similar player to Rocastle. I would love that to be the case, Rocastle had a great engine on him, it does say that Osbourne is very strong and athletic right enough. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
BH I see you haven't selected Hanlon in your back 4. I totally agree as I can't for the life of me see what a lot of supporters that post claim to. Not saying he wont develope into a good player, but, at the moment he just doesn't float my boat. Glad there are a few other supporters with the same opinion.

Its a difficult one eric, personally i'm still to be convinced with him. Yes he's young, as is Stephens who i put in my team before Hanlon.

My reason is simple, O'hanlon will be a first choice i'd imagine when fit. He is left footed and will obviously be more suited to the left. Stephens has come on leaps and bounds, is right footed and would give us more balance. Personally imo there's not much to choose between them, but imo Stephens just edges it at the moment.

lyonhibs
10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
This signing absolutely vindicates Calderwood's patient signing strategy.

That is all :greengrin

BEEJ
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110810/osbourne-joins-hibernian_2262950_2416146
Briiliant news! Looks a great signing. Welcome, Ozzy!

In last week's exclusive interview, CC said that Hibs had approached two players that week and that CC was looking to conclude deals quickly.

And ahead of a previously advised schedule - exceeding expectations on signing timescales! Is this the new regime at work? :wink:

Do you think / have you heard that Jimmy's days at ER are numbered? Would that be due to the punch-up or to performances?

Hibbyradge
10-08-2011, 05:17 PM
It's amazing the players who are happy to sign for Petire's £1400 per week, max.

At The Edge
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
welcome Ozzy, our very own 'Iron Man'
may your time here, a place between 'Heaven and Hell' the Leith San Siro be a joyous one

i'll get my coat........

:taxi

smurf
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Another Calderwood coup.

We've got one.

I am delighted and excited with this and I agree with every single word you say.

However, what we really want and have to see is positive results on the park. There can be no excuses. This season we must see marked improvement on last.

Likewise though those that can must come out in numbers and support the team and club.

jbwhibs70
10-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Nice one Colin, nice one son ,nice one Colin lets have another one.

lyonhibs
10-08-2011, 05:42 PM
It's amazing the players who are happy to sign for Petire's £1400 per week, max. especially when faced with other, most probably more lucrative offers from Down south.Either The Tache has some dirt on these players or, y'know, Hibs actually pay decent wages....

CmoantheHibs
10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome Ozzie, I hope your time here is as successfull and fullfilling as I expect it to be.If it is then I hope all the muppets that have slated CC/the board for their inactivity in the transfer market will shut their gobs next January/July when it appears as if CC/the board are doing nothing again.Still time for another couple of enhancements to the team.Keep up the good work Hibs.:cgwa

J-C
10-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Welcome Isaiah, nice big lad in the heart of the midfield is something we've been dreaming about at ER for years now, Cc also thinks he'll get forward regularly and good for set pieces, really like the looks of the players Cc is bringing in :greengrin

SMAXXA
10-08-2011, 06:13 PM
welcome isaiah, nice big lad in the heart of the midfield is something we've been dreaming about at er for years now, cc also thinks he'll get forward regularly and good for set pieces, really like the looks of the players cc is bringing in :greengrin

that's a good point, got me thinking this must be the most dangerous we will look at set pieces for a long time. We have some decent hight in the team now.

Oops caps lock sorry

WindyMiller
10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_6jagv_D4

SanFranHibs
10-08-2011, 06:32 PM
It's worse that that Barney. Most signings are 'delighted' to join Hibs, Ozzy is merely 'very pleased'.

CC's coat's on a shoogly peg.

If that's what he said and is unwiling to commit himself completely, unwilling to get down on two knees, unwilling to beg to be stay here, unwilling to put his family up as hostages then he should just get the h*ll out of here !!

Have to say this seems a positive signing. Someone who Martin O'Neill thought good enough to give a chance to at Villa and a player who CC has wanted to sign in the past for Forest.

Could be a decetn one for us tis season.

ancient hibee
10-08-2011, 07:03 PM
If that's what he said and is unwiling to commit himself completely, unwilling to get down on two knees, unwilling to beg to be stay here, unwilling to put his family up as hostages then he should just get the h*ll out of here !!

Have to say this seems a positive signing. Someone who Martin O'Neill thought good enough to give a chance to at Villa and a player who CC has wanted to sign in the past for Forest.

Could be a decetn one for us tis season.

From what I've heard(can't remember if it was a mate,somebody inside ER or a player's dad's next door neighbour)CC is just signing these players to gather them together to take with him when he goes.

the_ginger_hibee
10-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Welcome 'Ozzy' and good luck! :agree:

3pm
10-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Its a difficult one eric, personally i'm still to be convinced with him. Yes he's young, as is Stephens who i put in my team before Hanlon.

My reason is simple, O'hanlon will be a first choice i'd imagine when fit. He is left footed and will obviously be more suited to the left. Stephens has come on leaps and bounds, is right footed and would give us more balance. Personally imo there's not much to choose between them, but imo Stephens just edges it at the moment.

Hanlon would get the nod for me every time! Opinions!

PH is not without fault (he has a tendency to get caught too square at times) but in my view he was the only one in the back 4 who remotely looked like he knew what he was doing last year (edit : and latterly Booth). Having the luxury of a half decent CH by him and a reasonable midfield might help him to improve.

Said this before, I look at Berra and he had the luxury of playing by Pressley or Webster to talk him through games and give him guidance. Not Chris Hogg, not Dickoh.

As I say, opinions.

davidw
10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't want to strike an overly-negative tone, but these Aston Villa fans seem to think Osborne is - I quote - "absolute garbage...":

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=31&fid=37&act=1&mid=2116702929

Hope sincerely they are wrong...

Mikey
10-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Likewise though those that can must come out in numbers and support the team and club.

You needn't bother thinking you're going to get a loan of my tin hat :tsk tsk:

I still need it :everythin

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't want to strike an overly-negative tone, but these Aston Villa fans seem to think Osborne is - I quote - "absolute garbage...":

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=31&fid=37&act=1&mid=2116702929

Hope sincerely they are wrong...

All the best "Ozzy"....

He might not have been what Villa fans liked, but heres hoping he can bring something to our party....

down-the-slope
10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Welcome Isaiah, nice big lad in the heart of the midfield is something we've been dreaming about at ER for years now, Cc also thinks he'll get forward regularly and good for set pieces, really like the looks of the players Cc is bringing in :greengrin

:shocked: keep your personal fantasies to yourself......:wink:

LeithBoozy
10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
It is all about opinions, I remember an ICT fan telling us he was sick to lose Rankin. He was a great attacking player, with a ferocious shot. Well we all know now that was well off the mark, lets give the guy a chance, CC has worked with him and rates him, lets wait and let us be the judges.

mentalhibee
10-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Same negative stuff was said about Stokes by the Sunderland fans when we signed him. He proved the doubters wrong, hope big Ozzy does the same.:cgwa

hibs0666
10-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Same negative stuff was said about Stokes by the Sunderland fans when we signed him. He proved the doubters wrong, hope big Ozzy does the same.:cgwa

Bamba too, just to keep it topical.

tamig
10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
It is all about opinions, I remember an ICT fan telling us he was sick to lose Rankin. He was a great attacking player, with a ferocious shot. Well we all know now that was well off the mark, lets give the guy a chance, CC has worked with him and rates him, lets wait and let us be the judges.

Sometimes I think a player needs to have the right players round about him. Rankin has made an excellent start at United by all accounts.

CmoantheHibs
11-08-2011, 02:34 AM
that's a good point, got me thinking this must be the most dangerous we will look at set pieces for a long time. We have some decent hight in the team now.

Oops caps lock sorry

Lets hope it all the additional height helps us defend set pieces better also.

Barney McGrew
11-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Lets hope it all the additional height helps us defend set pieces better also.

And get more attacking options from the ones that we have :wink:

Golden Bear
11-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Sometimes I think a player needs to have the right players round about him. Rankin has made an excellent start at United by all accounts.

:agree:

He's not nearly as bad a player as many on here thought he was.