Westie1875
06-08-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110806/squad-injury-update_2262950_2412245

We must sign a right back.

CapitalHibs
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM

:agree:Was always going to be a priority, I hope.

See also that David Stephens has been called up for the Welsh U21 side. Have high hopes for this lad.

Also, Danny Handling to join Scotland U19 training camp:thumbsup:

Sean1875
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Atleast this makes the need for a RB alot more urgent. As much as i dont rate Hart its never nice to hear about players suffering long-term injuries, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Dirkster23
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Nae chance we'll move him on now:boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
He should never have started in the first place.

I saw him getting a thorough stretch and check up from the physio before the match and it was clear that there was some sort of problem with him. The fact he had to go off after 5 minutes proves that.

We needed a right back anyway, even before this news, but it's become even more urgent now.

matty_f
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Bad news for hart. Hope he has a quick recovery.

GreenPJ
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Very quick diagnosis

DC_Hibs
06-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Sodje said on HibsTV commentary that he'd had an achilles problem so might be unrelated to any pre match concerns.

I had high hopes for Hart but it hasn't worked out for him and I can't see that changing between now and when he is out of contract at the end of the season. A january pay off is the order of the day.

Him and De Graaf will be on decent wages which could be spent on a lot better.....albeit Edwin wasnt too bad today.

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I know this sounds harsh...but as already posted no chance of moving him on now :rolleyes: I wondered before the game if it was a genuine attempt to get him in the squad proper or a 'shop window' excercise...

Still its been pleaseing to se Palsson getting to grips with the position defensively...just needs to add a bit more going forward..

Wotherspiniesta
06-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Booooooo!!!

IWasThere2016
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Wish him well, but he's been a disasterous signing and if he was a horse the vet woulda been roond with the shotgun.

--------
06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Wish him well, but he's been a disasterous signing and if he was a horse the vet woulda been roond with the shotgun.

I don't want to be pedantic, TQM, but I believe if a vet's going to shoot a horse he uses a pistol with a captive bolt affair, failing that an ordinary pistol, fairly heavy calibre.

Shotgun pellets wouldn't penetrate the horse's skull and would simply cause appalling suffering.

That said, I don't know what guys like Tam McNiven used on footballers when case was beyond the magic sponge and smelling salts routine.... :devil:

It's hard luck on poor old Hart, though. NOT one of Mr Hughes' more inspired signings, alas.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
:agree:Was always going to be a priority, I hope.

See also that David Stephens has been called up for the Welsh U21 side. Have high hopes for this lad.

Also, Danny Handling to join Scotland U19 training camp:thumbsup:

Stephens was superb today, dont know why so many people dont like him, looks like he will be a really good CB if hes given a chance to develop. Deals with
balls over the top with ease and looked very composed today.

As for Hart, bit gutted for him, his time at Hibs hasnt been great, just cant seem to stay fit.

IWasThere2016
07-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't want to be pedantic, TQM, but I believe if a vet's going to shoot a horse he uses a pistol with a captive bolt affair, failing that an ordinary pistol, fairly heavy calibre.

Shotgun pellets wouldn't penetrate the horse's skull and would simply cause appalling suffering.

That said, I don't know what guys like Tam McNiven used on footballers when case was beyond the magic sponge and smelling salts routine.... :devil:

It's hard luck on poor old Hart, though. NOT one of Mr Hughes' more inspired signings, alas.

I wouldn't mind what the vet used tbh :wink:

basehibby
07-08-2011, 02:25 AM

That's a real shame for Hart as I hear he had a very good game in our last friendly v Blackpool.

We needed quality cover at right back anyway but now that position must be THE priority.

Hope Hart's injury doesn't turn out as serious as it might be otherwise it could be the end of the road for him at this level.

basehibby
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Stephens was superb today, dont know why so many people dont like him, looks like he will be a really good CB if hes given a chance to develop. Deals with
balls over the top with ease and looked very composed today.

As for Hart, bit gutted for him, his time at Hibs hasnt been great, just cant seem to stay fit.

Stephens had a real good game today and you could see his confidence growing as the game progressed and his contribution was acknowledged - says a lot for the importance of positive support IMO. Well done big feller - more of the same please :thumbsup: