PDA

View Full Version : Trouble before/after the game.

Thecat23
06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Just got a text saying someone was stabbed during trouble after the game. No idea if true or if it's a Hibs fan. Anyone else hear this?

magpie1892
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Saw a fair bit of trouble - Sunderland 'fans' w/o colours at Omni, Theatre Bar - loads of plod and four horses. Names taken, video cameras out and photos etc. This was about 1.30pm.

hibsbollah
06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I was driving up easter road at 2 and there was a definite post pagger aftermath. Big guy with a nasty head wound and plenty tension from groups of mackems outside middletons and utopia. Heavy police presence.

johnbc70
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
There was fighting opposite McDonald Road library around 1pm. They looked about 14 though and one of them was running around in yellow pants! My 3yr old daughter asked me what was going on and I told her they were just street dancing with each other!

Sean1875
06-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Heard there was going to be trouble at this a good few days ago, was always gonna happen. Just hope no-ones been seriousy hurt :agree:

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=614639&page=18

Reading this forum. Says Hibs fans wandering around with knives and baseball bats attacking anyone.

Says 2 Sunderland fans have been stabbed.

Thomson
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Well some dafty on facebook just called hibs ****.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SPL-Transfer-Rumours/239851379359905

hibsbollah
06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
They also have a thread called 'gob***** macca' about the great man.

At The Edge
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Message i got was 2 Mackems had been done in, Trouble after the game all the way up Easter Rd, Police had surrounded a 'Hibs' group of lads, probably about 15 strong, police told evertone to cross to the opposite side of the road near Middletons pub, looked like it had been sealed off? outbursts of handbags on London Rd as well, loads of older dudes involved from both sides.
fair few police at Waverley as well, along with their english counterparts,

Removed
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
They also have a thread called 'gob***** macca' about the great man.

:faf: harsh but factually correct

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Truly shameful if true.

sahib
06-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Message i got was 2 Mackems had been done in, Trouble after the game all the way up Easter Rd, Police had surrounded a 'Hibs' group of lads, probably about 15 strong, police told evertone to cross to the opposite side of the road near Middletons pub, looked like it had been sealed off? outbursts of handbags on London Rd as well, loads of older dudes involved from both sides.
fair few police at Waverley as well, along with their english counterparts,

******s.

hibee
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Pathetic that stuff like this is still going on at football matches.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 05:50 PM
From Sunderland forum.

http://yfrog.com/kj7zqqtj

MrSmith
06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Awful! Truly awful.

That is just not what we are about. English teams have come up here regularly without any bother, so what has went wrong today? Rangers, Celtic or Hearts fans masquerading as Hibees? Something doesn't add up unless I'm being naive and we have some real **** fans??

Sean1875
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Awful! Truly awful.

That is just not what we are about. English teams have come up here regularly without any bother, so what has went wrong today? Rangers, Celtic or Hearts fans masquerading as Hibees? Something doesn't add up unless I'm being naive and we have some real **** fans??
Theres a history with Sunderland fans im sure. Not believing this 2 stabbing news until theres actually proof of it, reading through that Sunderland forum and the club have heard nothing about any stabbings.

nonshinyfinish
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Awful! Truly awful.

:confused:

Almost every time an English team is up for a friendly there is fighting.

Cabbage East
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Awful! Truly awful.

Naive beyond belief.

MrSmith
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Naive beyond belief.

Thought that ***** had disappeared. Naive I am! :dummytit:

Broken Gnome
06-08-2011, 06:04 PM
From what I saw after the game it was Hibs fans, one @rse in particular, who were the instigators. Did nothing more than expose how pathetic 'the hard man' act really is, looked laughable.

.Sean.
06-08-2011, 06:09 PM
From what I saw after the game it was Hibs fans, one @rse in particular, who were the instigators. Did nothing more than expose how pathetic 'the hard man' act really is, looked laughable. And I take it you told this arse he was pathetic yeah?Nah, i thought not.

Ireallywasthere
06-08-2011, 06:09 PM
There was bother before and after the game but def no stabbing

matty_f
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
And I take it you told this arse he was pathetic yeah?Nah, i thought not. Because that would have helped the situation right enough.

nonshinyfinish
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
There was bother before and after the game but def no stabbing

How do you know that?

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img640/6435/1taaim.jpg

matty_f
06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
How do you know that? because he really was there. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
And I take it you told this arse he was pathetic yeah?Nah, i thought not.

Well, I was in my office looking out the window from about 40 yards away, so no Sean, I didn't. Didn't realise that casting doubt on the character of a man provoking every Sunderland fan walking past him for seemingly no reason was such a controversial statement, do apologise.

Elephant Stone
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM

What's your point? He's not pathetic unless someone tells him he is? Some dickhead who wants to fight at the football is quite fine unless told otherwise by a decent fan?

Sir David Gray
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
It's a shame that this has happened but it's entirely predictable, unfortunately, that whenever a Scottish team meets an English team, there's likely to be some sort of disturbance.

I just hope no innocent people have been hurt.

Removed
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
because he really was there. :greengrin

:tee hee:

leither17
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
silly wee boys the lot of them

nonshinyfinish
06-08-2011, 06:30 PM
silly wee boys the lot of them

:agree: Probably some silly big boys too.

The Harp
06-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Couldn't make it to the game today but when I passed the Theatre Royal around 6.35pm there were a few police officers outside + staff. Then, further down at Planet Out, there were 3 police vans, about 20 officers and a police dog in attendance and some folk being led out. I've no idea if it was football related, but if it was, I'm getting sick and tired of this nonsense being linked to the Hibs. If it was, then for me, it's time for the Club to take action, even if it means no more meaningless 'friendlies' against English opposition.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 06:48 PM
If these clowns get the very enjoyable pre-season trips down south banned/stopped, i'll no be happy! :grr:

MrSmith
06-08-2011, 06:51 PM
It seems the vast majority here are appalled by what occurred today. It may be worth one of the main admins signing up to a Sunderland forum, like ours, and on the behalf of the majority apologize and convey our disgust at this incident.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
It may be worth one of the main admins signing up to a Sunderland forum, like ours, and on the behalf of the majority apologize and convey our disgust at this incident.

Maybe they could let :slipper: back on to the board and invite him to act as intermediary?

Nuitdelune
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
It seems the vast majority here are appalled by what occurred today. It may be worth one of the main admins signing up to a Sunderland forum, like ours, and on the behalf of the majority apologize and convey our disgust at this incident.

Well yes, maybe, but let's not be hasty until something is confirmed as I can't see anything yet

Hibby70
06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Loads of the old casuals gathering at the Jinglin Geordie pre match. No about time they grew up? Wee shot in Afghanistan would do them good to see what real hard men are.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2011, 07:26 PM

I don't think that's necessary.

These people are individuals and, as such, are wholly responsible for their own behaviour and conduct. I don't know how many people were at today's match, probably around 7,000-8,000 and the people responsible for this disorder were probably about 60 or 70 in number. It's a large amount of people when you're talking about violent disorder but in the grand scheme of things, it's an extremely small percentage of the people who were at today's match, if they were even at today's match at all, that is.

We don't know the full details of what's occurred today. It may turn out that what happened was the full responsibility of Hibs fans but, on the other hand, who's to say that the Sunderland supporters weren't completely blameless?

Ernie Cobra
06-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Loads of the old casuals gathering at the Jinglin Geordie pre match. No about time they grew up? Wee shot in Afghanistan would do them good to see what real hard men are.

the taliban? the the equvelant of der hun, bunch of wife beaters :confused:

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM

:shhhsh!: you're coming across as an

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
It may be a small proportion of our support, but it gives us all a bad name.

Wembley67
06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Ach, its only a laugh...cannae beat it

Speedy
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
There been talk on the SMB for weeks that there will be lots of bother.

I have no doubt that we have some idiots in our support but from what I've heard on there prior to the game I would imagine both parties played their part.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Yam (i pressume) on SMB:

"Hibs suffer big club wanabae issues so much more than Hearts"

:faf:

hibsbollah
06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
As long as they keep it away from scarfers and young families they can do what they like. It didnt look like thats what happened today though, it was all over the main road.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Yam (i pressume) on SMB:"Hibs suffer big club wanabae issues so much more than Hearts":faf: He is a defo a yam, now talking about our "legobrick stadium."The tool keeps sucking upto them.

Removed
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
He is a defo a yam, now talking about our "legobrick stadium."The tool keeps sucking upto them. It's ok, we have our own members on there :wink: The yam fud will get told :agree:

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
As long as they keep it away from scarfers and young families they can do what they like. It didnt look like thats what happened today though, it was all over the main road.

But they don't so they can't and that's the point. These idiots have no place at football whatsoever, they blight our game, discourage people from attending and frighten youngsters who are the future support.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
It's ok, we have our own members on there :wink: The yam fud will get told :agree: Tried to register myself but somehow my e-mail address is banned.

ArabHibee
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
He is a defo a yam, now talking about our "legobrick stadium."The tool keeps sucking upto them. What username and what thread is he posting on?

Tricla
06-08-2011, 09:11 PM

I can't help feel that you are in some way glorifying this/these person/people who give the rest of us a bad name and turn what should be a great day out watching your team in to a mine field of violence.

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
What username and what thread is he posting on? Is there bother in Edinburgh?McMackem said about the "big club wanabae" but the main one is Edinburgh_AL. He is rattling on about how good they are and how poor our club is, and how we shame our country.Just post about how the sign paedo's. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
06-08-2011, 09:32 PM

....a mine field of violence.

Sorry, can't help thinking that conjures up images of a level of mayhem far in excess of the scuffles today!

Frazerbob
06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
But they don't so they can't and that's the point. These idiots have no place at football whatsoever, they blight our game, discourage people from attending and frighten youngsters who are the future support.

Come on, they made it safer for the rest of us to go to Ibrox back in the day don't you know.

ArabHibee
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Is there bother in Edinburgh?McMackem said about the "big club wanabae" but the main one is Edinburgh_AL. He is rattling on about how good they are and how poor our club is, and how we shame our country.Just post about how the sign paedo's. :greengrinCannae post as I appear to have been banned. Quelle surprise!:greengrin

Removed
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Cannae post as I appear to have been banned. Quelle surprise!:greengrin

Now that is one hell of an achievement given some of the posts on there :applause:

Nakedmanoncrack
06-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Now that is one hell of an achievement given some of the posts on there :applause:

:agree:
Never seen abuse like it!

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Its what happens with human rights allowing web access in the young offenders unit :rolleyes:

Removed
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Some of it really funny though. Definite lack of any swear filter and think you'd need a pretty thick skin to post on it.

Tricla
06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry, can't help thinking that conjures up images of a level of mayhem far in excess of the scuffles today!

Ach well it was only a few scuffles. That makes it alright then. :rolleyes: Why should there be any level of mayhem?

There seem to be quite a few people who have either seen or heard about what I would consider to be more than just a wee scuffle.

Nando™
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Bellends United.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Ach well it was only a few scuffles. That makes it alright then. :rolleyes: Why should there be any level of mayhem?

There seem to be quite a few people who have either seen or heard about what I would consider to be more than just a wee scuffle.

But a ''mine field of violence'' :faf:

hibs0666
06-08-2011, 10:19 PM
From this footage it looks like there was big numbers involved. Looks like blades involved too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJZgfgUyGwU&feature=related

Hank Schrader
06-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Sean, you need to learn to not act like such a t*t on here. Your attitude is honking.

leither17
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
From this footage it looks like there was big numbers involved. Looks like blades involved too...

:greengrin got me there i was expecting some proper danny dyer action

madabouthibs
06-08-2011, 10:59 PM

Its not proper, its pwopa. :greengrin

madabouthibs
06-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Can we presume that these stabbings are nothing but rumours, probably started by one of our deluded neighbours?

Sir David Gray
06-08-2011, 11:15 PM

What's Sheffield United's fans got to do with this? :dunno:

:greengrin

Hibby D
07-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Loads of the old casuals gathering at the Jinglin Geordie pre match.

That image just makes me cringe with embarrassment.

basehibby
07-08-2011, 02:43 AM
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=614639&page=18

Reading this forum. Says Hibs fans wandering around with knives and baseball bats attacking anyone.

Says 2 Sunderland fans have been stabbed.

If this is the case they don't deserve to call themselves football fans never mind Hibs fans - just plain ****!

basehibby
07-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Awful! Truly awful.

You are being naive - we are in no way imune to being followed by ****ing idiots :fuming:

basehibby
07-08-2011, 03:19 AM

:agree: - as well as whatever general public happen to be in their midst - twats the lot of em!

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Aye, they'll all be sat round today recollecting and enjoying the heroic deeds carried out in the name of our glorious club. Pathetic, the lot of them.

Tricla
07-08-2011, 07:22 AM
But a ''mine field of violence'' :faf:

Old casuals meeting up, teams of Hibs fans going about with blades, sporadic fighting all over Leith & the city centre, people stabbed, guys going about all bloodied etc, etc.

What's so funny about my metaphor?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Old casuals meeting up, teams of Hibs fans going about with blades, sporadic fighting all over Leith & the city centre, people stabbed, guys going about all bloodied etc, etc.

Absolute drivel, didn't happen.
Or if you know so much, provide some evidence.

Ernie Cobra
07-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Well thats the majority of people on here, and the majority of the Sunderland fans who say this never happened, nothing reported to say that anyone was stabbed. But hey lets glorify it for them and say that there was, the more attention this nonsense gets the better it is for the daft wee laddies that were involved. A few scuffles being overexagerated by all accounts.

Tricla
07-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Absolute drivel, didn't happen.
Or if you know so much, provide some evidence.

I haven't claimed to know anything I am only going by what people have reported on here and on other forums. No smoke without fire and all that.

You'd have to be pretty naive to suggest that this problem isn't on the increase of late. Especially against any English club, the OF, Hertz & Aberdeen. There seems to be a 'trouble after the match' thread most weeks.

What is apparent to me is that it seems to be producing 'scuffles' outside the casual element which IMO makes any area between Waverly & ER potentially dodgy on the day of a big match.

Therefore IMO it is becoming a 'minefield of violence' in that you never know where trouble may flare up.

I don't see why you have a problem with what I have said.

Tricla
07-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Well thats the majority of people on here, and the majority of the Sunderland fans who say this never happened, nothing reported to say that anyone was stabbed. But hey lets glorify it for them and say that there was, the more attention this nonsense gets the better it is for the daft wee laddies that were involved. A few scuffles being overexagerated by all accounts.

I'm not glorifying it. I was only saying that this problem is on the increase and it is not completely unacceptable for people to be concerned.

Especially if they want to take their kids or wives/girlfriends to ER.

Jack
07-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Look Mum I can fly :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Pathetic that stuff like this is still going on at football matches.

Pathetic that it goes on anywhere tbh. Was at a gig on Friday night and we all the musicians and friends were milling about at the end (we all live in the same part of town). Next thing a couple of young dudes are picking on individuals giving it all sorts of nonsense, just being complete obnoxious little toleys needing a slap.

The penny dropped with me, just the same tactics that casuals use in pubs and elsewhere. Get the babies to wind someone up they give them a slap and then big brothers wade in.

What's it all about? Maybe a psychologist can explain why people feel the need to pick fights when there is no genuine grievance.

J-C
07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I was taking some folk down to the shore via Easter Rd after the game, There was a huge police presence and they had coralled around 15 lads no older than about 19-20, couldn't tell who's fans as no colours being worn.
Then on the way back up there was massive amounts of police at the Omni centre with horses etc, can't believe we still have these numpties at football, specially a friendly against Sunderland, hope any cctv camers's can identify them and get them banned for life from ER.

J-C
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Look Mum I can fly :greengrin

Yep, that's what I saw going down ER.

wearethehibs
07-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I've never seen trouble like it at easter road. Riot vans completely stopped traffic all the way up ER, fights kept breaking out in front of me the whole way up. A big group of guys fighting in the middle of london road got charged by police horses. I think these guys like the attention of fighting in crowded areas.If they really wanted to fight without being stopped they would arrange to meet in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2011, 09:31 AM
From what i seen it was Sunderland fans that instigated it. Before the game at Middletons chanting Ingerland Ingerland at any Hibbys that walked past. Then after the game again outside Middletons i seen a Sunderland fan trying to take on one of L+B's finest he was getting his legs battered by that metal pole the police carry. He wouldn't learn and kept coming at the policeman. :rolleyes: Bet hes got a few nice bruises today.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2011, 09:32 AM
]I've never seen trouble like it at easter road.[/B] Riot vans completely stopped traffic all the way up ER, fights kept breaking out in front of me the whole way up. A big group of guys fighting in the middle of london road got charged by police horses. I think these guys like the attention of fighting in crowded areas.If they really wanted to fight without being stopped they would arrange to meet in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Nah i disagree i think it was worse when Leeds came up here.

essexhibee
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
These people are the most embarrassing and cringeworthy individuals in the city. Pavement dancers.

Tricla
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I've never seen trouble like it at easter road. Riot vans completely stopped traffic all the way up ER, fights kept breaking out in front of me the whole way up. A big group of guys fighting in the middle of london road got charged by police horses. I think these guys like the attention of fighting in crowded areas.If they really wanted to fight without being stopped they would arrange to meet in a field in the middle of nowhere.

From what i seen it was Sunderland fans that instigated it. Before the game at Middletons chanting Ingerland Ingerland at any Hibbys that walked past. Then after the game again outside Middletons i seen a Sunderland fan trying to take on one of L+B's finest he was getting his legs battered by that metal pole the police carry. He wouldn't learn and kept coming at the policeman. :rolleyes: Bet hes got a few nice bruises today.

Nah i disagree i think it was worse when Leeds came up here.

Watch out guys.

With accounts like these you run the risk of quashing the idealism that it is 'a few over exaggerated scuffles' that happen at a lot of home games these days.

TheBruce
07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
It must have been expected as there were loads of Northumbria police about !

frazeHFC
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
From this footage it looks like there was big numbers involved. Looks like blades involved too...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJZgfgUyGwU&feature=related At first i thought you meant Sheffield Utd fans, and you got me too. :greengrinSMB says it is retaliation for 2004 when they apparently caused trouble.

Jack
07-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I was in Tamson’s before the game.

It was a lot quieter than usual but they outnumbered the Hibbies by quite a few.

No trouble to speak of but it was an unnerving experience.

A crowd of about 8/10 of them outside having a chat decided it was time to go, smashed their glasses on the ground and walked off.

Very clever stuff, the sort of things heroes are made of.

Anyway, why are they called the black cats? With strips like that should they not be known as the signalmen???

Moulin Yarns
07-08-2011, 10:39 AM

What gets me is some eejit took the time to film it on his Iphone instead of getting stuck in.

NYHibby
07-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Are you the woman who kept sticking her head out of the window and had all kinds of people yelling at you?

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Are you the woman who kept sticking her head out of the window and had all kinds of people yelling at you?No I just found this on another forum. Also I'm not a woman :greengrin

marinello59
07-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Are you the woman who kept sticking her head out of the window and had all kinds of people yelling at you?

No I just found this on another forum. Also I'm not a woman :greengrin

:greengrin
hibs.net at it's best.

Jim44
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Like this one? (http://youtu.be/Zjz16xjeBAA):greengrin

Malthibby
07-08-2011, 11:21 AM
We don't know the detail yet but there was obviously a lot of aggro & I don't think it's unreasonable for to say that we have a minority of
complete morons who get off on it, or don't consider battling, or being tooled up in the name of footie a big deal. It is. It's pathetic,
it's juvenile & it puts innocent folk at risk. I hope Hibs permanently ban anyone identified as taking part in this p - - h.

matty_f
07-08-2011, 11:23 AM
We don't know the detail yet but there was obviously a lot of aggro & I don't think it's unreasonable for to say that we have a minority of
complete morons who get off on it, or don't consider battling, or being tooled up in the name of footie a big deal. It is. It's pathetic,
it's juvenile & it puts innocent folk at risk. I hope Hibs permanently ban anyone identified as taking part in this p - - h.

:top marks

Www1875hfc
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Spot on.

Any chance the admins can remove *stabbings* from the title thread ?
We have currently over 350 guests viewing this thread,possibly for the title alone?

Hibby D
07-08-2011, 11:49 AM

:top marks

Newhaven
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Don't think Hibs get involved in any incidents away from the stadium. Inside the ground yes but on Easter Road on Leith Walk it's kind of out in the open

wearethehibs
07-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Don't think Hibs get involved in any incidents away from the stadium. Inside the ground yes but on Easter Road on Leith Walk it's kind of out in the open I remember Hibs fans were giving a banning order for trouble in Maribor so surely incidents on ER would get the same treatment.

Newhaven
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I remember Hibs fans were giving a banning order for trouble in Maribor so surely incidents on ER would get the same treatment.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100902/hooligans-banned_2262950_2142851

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I wonder how many of these phannys who were involved in yesterdays trouble post on here? If any of you are reading this (if reading is not too difficult) I would welcome your feedback on what the **** you think you are trying to achieve! No facility on here for you to group together and feel hard in a crowd so I guess not!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2011, 12:48 PM
At first i thought you meant Sheffield Utd fans, and you got me too. :greengrinSMB says it is retaliation for 2004 when they apparently caused trouble. I heard a couple of weeks ago that some of "the old faces" were up for it today 'cos of that day.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
What actualy went on last time as I can't remember anything?

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Horrible horrible scenes. Get those responsible on CCTV and hand out severe punishments :agree:

Shower of inbreds who need to grow up and stop destroying our clubs reputation

silverhibee
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM

God post, but the bit in bold, its never going to happen, if Hibs were going to take any action against these people they could have done it a long time ago, year after year it is the same folk who turn up for these kind of games season after season, if you are a Hibs fan and go to the games then you know these face's, Hibs security must know who these people are, jee whizz they even write books about it and appear on Danny Dyer documentry bragging about what they done in there Hibs days, but they still get in to ER no problem when they want, it seems Hibs dont want to do anything about these face's that tarnish the good name of Hibernian FC.

Frazerbob
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
God post, but the bit in bold, its never going to happen, if Hibs were going to take any action against these people they could have done it a long time ago, year after year it is the same folk who turn up for these kind of games season after season, if you are a Hibs fan and go to the games then you know these face's, Hibs security must know who these people are, jee whizz they even write books about it and appear on Danny Dyer documentry bragging about what they done in there Hibs days, but they still get in to ER no problem when they want, it seems Hibs dont want to do anything about these face's that tarnish the good name of Hibernian FC.

Excellent post. I'd add that the club are happy to sell some of these idiots who have shamed our club for DECADES season tickets in some cases.

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
If these twits want to make a name for themselves then maybe we should help them. Let's start a sticky thread naming and shameing these prats!

Sir David Gray
07-08-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm sure Hibs will permanently ban anyone who is found to have been taking part in this violence, however it's not going to make much of a difference when the violence is going on in the streets before/after the game and not inside the stadium.

I'm sure the courts can impose curfews on these people and ban them from being within a certain distance of whichever stadium Hibs are playing at on a matchday but that's about it.

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
The only contribution these neds make to football is to stop folk taking their kids to the match or from letting their kids go on their own.

If they think their crap brings anything to Hibs they are totally wrong. They affected crowds in the 80s and if they are not stopped they will do the same again, in an economic situation where its already hard to get folk through the gates.

Any of these neds who can read and are looking at this forum, go away and organise fights with any like minded morons you can find ( kill each other, who cares! ) but dont attach yourselves to my football club ya stupid idiots.

CiscoKid
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM

Totally agree, these folk as well as being pretty sad and pathetic are a constant embarrassment to our club, a friendly with an English club these days should really be a happy occasion to have some friendly banter and enjoy the game, not an opportunity for a bunch of idiots to cause a bit of carnage and get away with it.

In some ways it's not that different from the Old Firm bigotry in the way it's brushed under the carpet and nothing is really done. It is only a small minority but it's about time that we had a zero tolerance attitude from the club and us the real fans to put an end to it.

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Totally agree, these folk as well as being pretty sad and pathetic are a constant embarrassment to our club, a friendly with an English club these days should really be a happy occasion to have some friendly banter and enjoy the game, not an opportunity for a bunch of idiots to cause a bit of carnage and get away with it.

In some ways it's not that different from the Old Firm bigotry in the way it's brushed under the carpet and nothing is really done. It is only a small minority but it's about time that we had a zero tolerance attitude from the club and us the real fans to put an end to it. That's the only way Cisco, if we the fans refuse to tolerate this behaviour. It's one thing saying the Police should do more but what they can achieve is limited if we let these vermin hide amongst us.

tamig
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM

I get the impression from this and some of your other posts that you have an admiration for this type of hooligan behaviour. A lot of us were caught up in it first time around and it's not clever.

tynesideirish
07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
In the clear light of day it appears that according to L&B Police and the Northumberland Police (attached for every Sunderland away game) and Sunderland AFC no one was stabbed. There where a few scuffles and a gobby element from both clubs. Nothing worth reporting. Certainly no worse than a usual Edinburgh Saturday night...

The Geordies didn't ambush the Mackems at Newcastle Central as expected / reported on various sites either.

So all in all a load of gob*****s on both sides have guaranteed that for whatever reason, when these 2 clubs meet each other again this tale will be blown out of all proportion and rehashed and then old scores will be settled by some loonies on innocent scared real club supporters on both sides...

Disgraceful.

Ernie Cobra
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I get the impression from this and some of your other posts that you have an admiration for this type of hooligan behaviour. A lot of us were caught up in it first time around and it's not clever.

Aye his post reeks of Danny Dyer idolism and Burberry caps, copies of the football factory and green street stashed under his bed, and a massive ambtion to have that ****in green and white union jack tattood on his forearm.

If you want a game of runny shouty pointy kicky, get a game for hertz.

Ernie Cobra
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
In the clear light of day it appears that according to L&B Police and the Northumberland Police (attached for every Sunderland away game) and Sunderland AFC no one was stabbed. There where a few scuffles and a gobby element from both clubs. Nothing worth reporting. Certainly no worse than a usual Edinburgh Saturday night...

The Geordies didn't ambush the Mackems at Newcastle Central as expected / reported on various sites either.

So all in all a load of gob*****s on both sides have guaranteed that for whatever reason, when these 2 clubs meet each other again this tale will be blown out of all proportion and rehashed and then old scores will be settled by some loonies on innocent scared real club supporters on both sides...

Disgraceful.

ABSO****INLUTELY.

Pitty a few bams spoiled it, hope they are not what ou think of when you see our score popping up on SKY SPORTS........Have a good season, hope you do well

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Disgraceful.

Thats the problem, messageboards like this allow the spread of ill informed, exaggerated nonsense, this thread has been full of it. There's much less violence at football now than what there was in the past, but a lot more ways to talk about it, creating a totally misleading impression. People spout crap about stabbings, mobs running around with knives and baseball bats etc and people believe it! Even though it didn't happen it becomes accepted as fact and will no doubt get brought up again next time we meet.

j'adore hibs
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
and all those books, dykes, blanche, absolute trash

why companies would publish these i dont know

who buys them?

nonshinyfinish
07-08-2011, 08:52 PM

who buys them?

Well, since you know that they're absolute trash, presumably you?

frazeHFC
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM

who buys them?

I have both, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

j'adore hibs
07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Well, since you know that they're absolute trash, presumably you?

no not me im educated :na na:

im guessing based on preludes, know what that is?

j'adore hibs
07-08-2011, 09:10 PM
I have both, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

back to the janet and john :devil:

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I have both, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Neither are very original, wouldn't be worth reading if they were about any other club. As a Hibs fan, going to the same games and recalling some of same incidents made for some interest.

hibsfootballer
08-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Does any1 have a link to news sites regarding this?

I seen something about this on a bill board going to work this monring for the daily mail..

greenlex
08-08-2011, 07:43 AM
no not me im educated :na na:im guessing based on preludes, know what that is? Me! Me! Me! I know. They are Hondas arent they.

nonshinyfinish
08-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Me! Me! Me! I know. They are Hondas arent they.

:hilarious

Ernie Cobra
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/9am-Briefing-Eight-arrested-after.6814873.jp

Quick call the united nations!

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Not a mine in sight.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I wonder how many of these phannys who were involved in yesterdays trouble post on here? If any of you are reading this (if reading is not too difficult) I would welcome your feedback on what the **** you think you are trying to achieve! No facility on here for you to group together and feel hard in a crowd so I guess not!

I confess that I was involved in the fatal stabbing of a slice or two of Stornoway black pudding in the Cafe Royal prior to the game. There were four of us, and we were trying to see if we could eat more oysters and quaff more champers than a suited group of Sunderland fans at the next table.

We beat them hands down. Opened them up like packets of crisps, then stitched them up like kippers, sending them home to their Durham slums with a little fishy on a dishy. When the cops came one of my so-called mates tried to foie gras the rest of us up.

Some us don't need to be in crowd to feel decadent.

CCS!

down-the-slope
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
. There's much less violence at football now than what there was in the past, but a lot more ways to talk about it, creating a totally misleading impression. .
:agree: Saturday would not even make the top 100 incidents, by seriousness, there have been since mid 80's

Got to wonder what it would have been like in late 80's if there has been smart phones (even mobile phones of any type:greengrin) and social networking / messageboards etc....people forget how recent all this technology is

mickki40
08-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Does anybody have a link to a thread about 2 people being stabbed? Will the same folks now condemn Governments around the world for Bombing Killing and maiming in our names etc. This is a bunch of laddies fighting in a street in Scotland. Happens every weekend all over Scotland. As soon as you put football into the equation it becomes doubly abhorrent to folks. It has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. Like the teddy boys in the 50s Mods n Rockers in the 60s skins/punks 70s Casuals 80s it will never go away. It's tribal.

sidjames
08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I confess that I was involved in the fatal stabbing of a slice or two of Stornoway black pudding in the Cafe Royal prior to the game. There were four of us, and we were trying to see if we could eat more oysters and quaff more champers than a suited group of Sunderland fans at the next table.

We beat them hands down. Opened them up like packets of crisps, then stitched them up like kippers, sending them home to their Durham slums with a little fishy on a dishy. When the cops came one of my so-called mates tried to foie gras the rest of us up.

Some us don't need to be in crowd to feel decadent.

CCS!

I like a " little fishy on a dishy" especially Boquerones, though I am also partial to "big fishy on a little dishy" perhaps Pez Espada washed down with a suitable seasonal beverage. Though on the basis you can take the boy out of Leith....... I can live with a simple vino or a cold local brew when the wind blows from the south. I had a wonderful Morcilla the other day only hours after the farmer had butchered the beast. Somehow as a committed lover of Iberican produce the taste was enhanced by freshness. The use of blade to stab and let blood was I am told an all too frequent occurrence to satisfy the needs of ageing carnivores like me. Pigs cheeks tonight wonderful with a chilled dry rose, do try.

JustSimplyHibs
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
To be perfectly honest i think the events was well and truly blown out of proportation by the Sunderland followers, with the stabbing situation brought up on their message boards and acts of WWIII was well and truly blown up by themselves....all you have to do is check their forums and you will know what a mean.

The casual's reputation has died big time since the early 90's and are not the same as they once were, c'mon lads when was the last time you seen 20 odd so called Hibs boys running from 10 Jambo's???? If any of the 20 are reading this the 6 Scarf wearers sorted it!!!!(Haymarket 2009)

Is banning these guys the answer? I hope not cause probably a large amount of them buy season tickets and banning them meansntaking money away from the transfer kitty, besides the trouble happens out the ground not in it so they would still do it regardless of banning orders. So what is the answer?????

It will never be stopped!!! but answer this question!!!!

Would you feel safer walking to Tincastle, Sheepland, Ipox and Darkheid if these guys weren't there? I wouldn't!!!!

A question to the casual, preferably an older one and not one of the wee runaways (2009) that go about today, If a scarf wearer was getting abuse from an oppossing team's followers, Would you guys Step In?????

Nando™
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
To be perfectly honest i think the events was well and truly blown out of proportation by the Sunderland followers, with the stabbing situation brought up on their message boards and acts of WWIII was well and truly blown up by themselves....all you have to do is check their forums and you will know what a mean.

The casual's reputation has died big time since the early 90's and are not the same as they once were, c'mon lads when was the last time you seen 20 odd so called Hibs boys running from 10 Jambo's???? If any of the 20 are reading this the 6 Scarf wearers sorted it!!!!(Haymarket 2009)

Is banning these guys the answer? I hope not cause probably a large amount of them buy season tickets and banning them meansntaking money away from the transfer kitty, besides the trouble happens out the ground not in it so they would still do it regardless of banning orders. So what is the answer?????

Would you feel safer walking to Tincastle, Sheepland, Ipox and Darkheid if these guys weren't there? I wouldn't!!!!

A question to the casual, preferably an older one and not one of the wee runaways (2009) that go about today, If a scarf wearer was getting abuse from an oppossing team's followers, Would you guys Step In?????
Yes, much, much safer.

Jack
08-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Does anybody have a link to a thread about 2 people being stabbed? Will the same folks now condemn Governments around the world for Bombing Killing and maiming in our names etc. This is a bunch of laddies fighting in a street in Scotland. Happens every weekend all over Scotland. As soon as you put football into the equation it becomes doubly abhorrent to folks. It has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. Like the teddy boys in the 50s Mods n Rockers in the 60s skins/punks 70s Casuals 80s it will never go away. It's tribal.

TBF Mick this is a football forum, at the moment discussing assholes besmirching the name of our club and quite frankly making Hibs games dangerous places to be, very much counter to what the Hibs 12th Man is trying to achieve. Not just for Hibs supporters but folk around ER going about their daily business. I’m sure while the folk on UN.net are pretty divided about wars and conflict around the globe we’re all pretty much agreed on Hibs.net that what happened on Saturday was a disgrace that in an ideal world wouldn’t in any way be associated with our club.

Yes banning them is the answer. I wouldn’t like to think of the number of folk and their families that have been put off over the years as a direct or indirect result of casual action. I’ll bet its many times more than the 20/30 casuals that have, maybe, bought tickets now and again over the years.

What most of them are just too ****ing stupid to see is that they attract trouble and if they had never been about, or took the hint and left us in peace the overwhelming majority of Hibs fans could go about the business of supporting the club without fear of being involved in the casuals crap.

The casuals are huckled by the police wherever they go. It wouldn’t take Einstein* to work out the police computers are full of intelligence that is likely to follow the casuals everywhere, even when they go to Spain on their holidays – they're marked men.

So yes we would feel safer; all over Scotland; all over England and was shown in Maribor, all over Europe.

* a very clever chap.

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Well thank god for the casuals, without them it wouldn't be safe for us to take our families to the fitbaw.

What utter utter pish.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I like a " little fishy on a dishy" especially Boquerones, though I am also partial to "big fishy on a little dishy" perhaps Pez Espada washed down with a suitable seasonal beverage. Though on the basis you can take the boy out of Leith....... I can live with a simple vino or a cold local brew when the wind blows from the south. I had a wonderful Morcilla the other day only hours after the farmer had butchered the beast. Somehow as a committed lover of Iberican produce the taste was enhanced by freshness. The use of blade to stab and let blood was I am told an all too frequent occurrence to satisfy the needs of ageing carnivores like me. Pigs cheeks tonight wonderful with a chilled dry rose, do try.

Count me in!

CCS!

(Capital Culinary Scranheids)

truehibernian
08-08-2011, 05:46 PM

I grew up with many of them, still know most of them, still talk to them if I see them in the street or at the game (most of the oldies sit in the West). They also know my thoughts on the childishness of it all and for me the futility of it.

Do I feel safer going to away grounds etc with them there.......no more safer than without I'm afraid my friend. It's quite easy to avoid bother, quite easy to spot bother, and quite easy to gauge whether there is bother in the air. Walk the other way is what I do. All these glorified tales of 'aye the casuals made us safer when we left Parkhead/Ibrox/Todders' is just betty swollocks for me. Luckily I could handle myself regardless, but never went looking for it, and saw them as I see them now.....daft wee laddies who use football hooliganism the same way some folk use bevvy or cocaine. It's their drug, their wee fix, it gets them off. Quite sad really. And the casuals died in the 90's due to the growth of clubs and club music, which in turn led to the indulgances of ecstacy and speed if truth be told. Hearts and Hibs casuals suddenly became friends via clubland and certain Hibs casuals 'true colours'. i.e they supported Hearts came out. It was an era of 'who cares let's get off our thruppenies and lose it to Voodoo Ray on the dance floor'. Certain Hibs lads also thought they were Don Corleone's and rather go to football, tried to cause bother at club's doors and venture into 'other affairs'. In the last 4 years I would say, there has been a return to the old days and Hibs certainly have now got an active firm, with many old faces more involved than ever. The huge downside for me is their chronic disregard for fashion these days, which in the 80's was what it was all about.......they now look like guests from a Jeremy Kyle show some of them :greengrin.

And anyway, it sometimes looks more like line dancing rather than fighting. They have been watching too much Danny Dyer and Green Street dvds. Or too much Strictly............who knows :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2011, 05:50 PM
TBF Mick this is a football forum, at the moment discussing assholes besmirching the name of our club and quite frankly making Hibs games dangerous places to be, very much counter to what the Hibs 12th Man is trying to achieve. Not just for Hibs supporters but folk around ER going about their daily business. I’m sure while the folk on UN.net are pretty divided about wars and conflict around the globe we’re all pretty much agreed on Hibs.net that what happened on Saturday was a disgrace that in an ideal world wouldn’t in any way be associated with our club.

Yes banning them is the answer. I wouldn’t like to think of the number of folk and their families that have been put off over the years as a direct or indirect result of casual action. I’ll bet its many times more than the 20/30 casuals that have, maybe, bought tickets now and again over the years.

What most of them are just too ****ing stupid to see is that they attract trouble and if they had never been about, or took the hint and left us in peace the overwhelming majority of Hibs fans could go about the business of supporting the club without fear of being involved in the casuals crap.

The casuals are huckled by the police wherever they go. It wouldn’t take Einstein* to work out the police computers are full of intelligence that is likely to follow the casuals everywhere, even when they go to Spain on their holidays – they're marked men.

So yes we would feel safer; all over Scotland; all over England and was shown in Maribor, all over Europe.

* a very clever chap.

As none of the aggro took place inside the stadium, and never does, it's difficult to see what banning anyone would achieve, other than lose the club further revenue. If people are determined to make violence and misbehaviour part of their Saturday, they will do just that, whether attendance at the game is part of that package or not.

It should be clear to anyone at this point in time that friendlies against English opposition have become occasions for CCS old boy's reunions and an opportunity for our younger, feistier citizens to 'enjoy' a retro taste of the eighties as well as one for English 'firms' to bait them with xenophobic, racist, supremacist guff. With that in mind, it's risky and stupid to take children, women and, evidently from some of the posts on this board, the more sensitive grown men amongst us, along to such events. I personally believe that these fixtures are now more bother than they are worth.

Most of the old lags who enjoy the nostalgia trip of those pre-season gigs, tend to be placid enough during the season, buying their tickets and sitting quietly in the stands. Maybe we should all be a little more public spirited and just let them revel in their once-a-year street romps against English opposition. It doesn't seem such a big ask for the former darlings of eighties thuggery.

Broken Gnome
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Only ever fight I've seen outside Tynecastle was beside Robertsons in the middle of the road. Not a colour in sight on either side, and I'd hazard a guess most people would've felt a fair bit safer had fights not broken out or things not been thrown...

But I'm damn glad they defended my honour from a safe walk home. Heroes.

joe breezy
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I heard nothing much happened from someone who was there. Sunderland exaggerating it seems. Nobody stabbed or even seriously injured, a few scuffles.

From what I heard they were singing they deserved a slap.

Far worse going on in London right now.