PDA

View Full Version : crowd today

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
More Sunderland fans in and around ER at 1.45pm than there would be OF fans at similar time for a match with them. Don't know if that means they arer here early / are bevvy merchants / there will be hoards of them....

Ritchie
06-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Theres been trouble already I've heard

Hibee87
06-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Was up town earlier, up south bridge /royal mile seen a fair few tops about 3 or 4 coach loads and lods o tops walking through waverly station around half 12 1ish i would say there might be around 2 2.5k black cats about. bear in mind this is there last pre season game before the prem kicks off bound to be there strongest 11 starting at least.

gong for a 3-1 defeat today thornhill with a scremaer :flag:

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
In ground - away end has both levels open and fans coming in

Bob Box Fish
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Last time we played them they had 2200 up.

Hibee87
06-08-2011, 01:27 PM

quite possible, i seen a few folk jumping the wall at the grave yard at st clair street about 15 min ago and bolt in opposite direction to the stadium. always expected but the majority of away fans will no doubt be mingling wiht hibs and having banter in and around pubs down leith/ e.r

Betty Boop
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I wonder which end Macar will be in ? :greengrin

Newhaven
06-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Minor skirmishes outside vittorias on leith walk at 12.45. Source? Me.

Leithenhibby
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Last time we played them they had 2200 up.

My son works in the Cardrona Hotel, Sunderlands base. Expecting around 4k :confused:

whiskyhibby
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
4000 looks about right from where I'm sitting in the West

CapitalHibs
06-08-2011, 02:22 PM

A special mention to one supporter, who will be at today's game - visually impaired fan Carl 'Macar' McGee.

Well-known to listeners of radio phone-in shows, Durham-based Carl supports both Sunderland and Hibernian and says he hopes the friendly fixture ends in a draw.

Carl said: "I love both clubs; they are great with fantastic supporters and going to the games is so addictive.

"Once I go to one match, I have to go to them all. Over the Christmas period last year, I went to four games in four days.

"Just last week, I was at Celtic at home, Blackpool, Kilmarnock, Inverness, Hartlepool, and then Darlington.

"Tomorrow it is Hibs-Sunderland then Liverpool the following Saturday then Killie on the Sunday.

"It will be so hard come Saturday; I won't know who to support. I will be in section 43 the singing section of the Hibs support, but at Sunderland games I sit in the southwest corner which is the most vocal section."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110805/hibernian-0-sunderland-0_2262950_2411267

Betty Boop
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
A special mention to one supporter, who will be at today's game - visually impaired fan Carl 'Macar' McGee.

Well-known to listeners of radio phone-in shows, Durham-based Carl supports both Sunderland and Hibernian and says he hopes the friendly fixture ends in a draw.

Carl said: "I love both clubs; they are great with fantastic supporters and going to the games is so addictive.

"Once I go to one match, I have to go to them all. Over the Christmas period last year, I went to four games in four days.

"Just last week, I was at Celtic at home, Blackpool, Kilmarnock, Inverness, Hartlepool, and then Darlington.

"Tomorrow it is Hibs-Sunderland then Liverpool the following Saturday then Killie on the Sunday.

"It will be so hard come Saturday; I won't know who to support. I will be in section 43 the singing section of the Hibs support, but at Sunderland games I sit in the southwest corner which is the most vocal section."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110805/hibernian-0-sunderland-0_2262950_2411267

Thanks for that CH. Hats off to Macar, his commitment to both clubs is fantastic. :agree:

paxtonhibby
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for that CH. Hats off to Macar, his commitment to both clubs is fantastic. :agree:

Must be great to be able to afford to be so commited to both clubs.

IWasThere2016
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Aye fair play to him.

Betty Boop
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM

Ah ken, I'm jealous ! :greengrin

ArabHibee
06-08-2011, 05:42 PM

:agree: It's a full time job for the lad. Pity he didn't actually go and get a proper job and stop scrounging off the state. :slipper:

seanraff07
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM

He was sat beside me at the back of the singing section the day, he was definitely edging towards the Mackems IMO joining in with their songs :wink:

SkintHibby
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
:agree: It's a full time job for the lad. Pity he didn't actually go and get a proper job and stop scrounging off the state. :slipper:

Ouch!:chop:

HH81
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM

See the sunderland fans are harsh. http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=614715

Removed
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Ouch!:chop:

True though. He could work but he doesn't want to. Why should we subsidise him so he can spend his life travelling to football matches, spraffing ***** on the radio and stuffing his face with chips?

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
True though. He could work but he doesn't want to. Why should we subsidise him so he can spend his life travelling to football matches, spraffing ***** on the radio and stuffing his face with chips?

Are you telling me that my PAYE contributions are indirectly keeping him in supply of slippers?

Removed
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Are you telling me that my PAYE contributions are indirectly keeping him in supply of slippers? :agree: and burger suppers

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Read in the Sunday Post today that the crowd was so poor today it was worth a mention in the opening paragraph of the report of the game. Kinda odd then, that as no more than a 90 minute workout, it attacted the second highest crowd yesterday. No mention of turnouts at the other games, even though there were pitiful showings at Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Read in the Sunday Post today that the crowd was so poor today it was worth a mention in the opening paragraph of the report of the game. Kinda odd then, that as no more than a 90 minute workout, it attacted the second highest crowd yesterday. No mention of turnouts at the other games, even though there were pitiful showings at Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy.

Problem is if you took the away support out of yesterday the crowd would have halfed and therefore been in line with Dunfermline. The home crowd yesteday was bad.

Yesterday did show how much more committed english fans are to there clubs, for them to turn up in such numbers for an away friendly is pretty impresive.

Saorsa
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Problem is if you took the away support out of yesterday the crowd would have halfed and therefore been in line with Dunfermline. The home crowd yesteday was bad.

Yesterday did show how much more committed english fans are to there clubs, for them to turn up in such numbers for an away friendly is pretty impresive.Their season hasnae started yet. There would have been more Hibs fans at Easter Road yesterday if we'd been playing the game we should have been playing (instead of that pointless friendly), you know, the one against St. Johnstone that lot of folk had already paid for, the one a good few of those folk probably winnae now be able tae make because it's been rearranged tae midweek. It's bad enough we lose 3pm Saturday games tae TV without pish like that adding tae it.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Their season hasnae started yet. There would have been more Hibs fans at Easter Road yesterday if we'd been playing the game we should have been playing instead of that pointless friendly, you know, the one against St. Johnstone that lot of folk had already paid for, the one a good few folk probably winnae now be able tae make because it's been rearranged tae midweek. It's bad enough we lose 3pm Saturday games tae TV without pish like that adding tae it.

Right......so folk did not turn up in protest to the St Johnstone game not being played!!!

Fact of the matter is this game was scheduled prior to the fixtures being announced, we had to schedule games as we needed practice before the start of the season, if we did not schedule them you would be disaspointed with the club for not having enough of a pre-season? Equally what should we do once we have found out, cancel, I am sure if that happened the other way round you would be annoyed with loosing our last preseason match.

Crowd yesterday was crap was my point.

Saorsa
07-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Right......so folk did not turn up in protest to the St Johnstone game not being played!!!

Fact of the matter is this game was scheduled prior to the fixtures being announced, we had to schedule games as we needed practice before the start of the season, if we did not schedule them you would be disaspointed with the club for not having enough of a pre-season? Equally what should we do once we have found out, cancel, I am sure if that happened the other way round you would be annoyed with loosing our last preseason match.

Crowd yesterday was crap was my point.Nah they didnae turn up because it was a pointless game that would have cost them another 15 quid or more a lot of people cannae afford right now. If they were desperate for another friendly they could have played that midweek and let those that wanted tae go do so. Instead they've taken away one more Saturday 3pm KO from those who have paid up front. A good number of those folk may not be able tae make the rearranged fixture so that's another game they've lost. Is it any wonder less folk are buying season tickets when games keep getting moved from times they can actually go. A season ticket only saves on the cost of about one game, miss more that that and you'll be paying more than somebody who pays at the gate. There's little need for folk tae buy season tickets now with the increased capacity, things like this will just give them less reason.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Nah they didnae turn up because it was a pointless game that would have cost them another 15 quid or more a lot of people cannae afford right now. If they were desperate for another friendly they could have played that midweek and let those that wanted tae go do so. Instead they've taken away one more Saturday 3pm KO from those who have paid up front. A good number of those folk may not be able tae make the rearranged fixture so that's another game they've lost. Is it any wonder less folk are buying season tickets when games keep getting moved from times they can actually go. A season ticket only saves on the cost of about one game, miss more that that and you'll be paying more than somebody who pays at the gate. There's little need for folk tae buy season tickets now with the increased capacity, things like this will just give them less reason.

No, but it does provide a section of our support with another excuse for not going.

I actually agree with your point on missing a game makes the season ticket unviable. I think that given the club are signing a few more players some fans may do as they said and come back when money was put into the team. On the basis we have had one game I think the club need to be looking at something to sell from say the next home game for the balance of the season, rather than just full or half season tickets.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Nah they didnae turn up because it was a pointless game that would have cost them another 15 quid or more a lot of people cannae afford right now. If they were desperate for another friendly they could have played that midweek and let those that wanted tae go do so. Instead they taken away one more Saturday 3pm KO from those who have paid up front. A good number of those folk may not be able tae make the rearranged fixture so that's another game they've lost. Is it any wonder less folk are buying season tickets when games keep getting moved from times they can actually go. A season ticket only saves on the cost of about one game, miss more that that and you'll be paying more than somebody who pays at the gate. There's little need for folk tae buy season tickets now with the increased capacity, things like this will just give them less reason.

:agree: Totally agree with your point in bold. I went yesterday because I could afford to and I wanted to see some EPL opposition, however it certainly seemed a pretty daft decision by Hibs to arrange a friendly on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm once the season has already started. I know a lot of people are not too unhappy at Hart now being sidelined because of injury but imagine if it was Ivan, or Garry etc that had suffered the same serious injury in a meaningless friendly!

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2011, 10:42 AM
No, but it does provide a section of our support with another excuse for not going.

I actually agree with your point on missing a game makes the season ticket unviable. I think that given the club are signing a few more players some fans may do as they said and come back when money was put into the team. On the basis we have had one game I think the club need to be looking at something to sell from say the next home game for the balance of the season, rather than just full or half season tickets.

Why do people need an excuse not to go to the game?

greenlex
07-08-2011, 10:46 AM
:agree: Totally agree with your point in bold. I went yesterday because I could afford to and I wanted to see some EPL opposition, however it certainly seemed a pretty daft decision by Hibs to arrange a friendly on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm once the season has already started. I know a lot of people are not too unhappy at Hart now being sidelined because of injury but imagine if it was Ivan, or Garry etc that had suffered the same serious injury in a meaningless friendly!

Are all friendlies not meaningless then?
3pm Sat, 7.45pm Wed pre season or during the season. They all have the risk of injuries.
As long as we learn something from them collectively as a team and individually as players then they are welcome in my book. The only difference between this and a closed doors game is we get the chance to see the team and the club get some cash. Good workout yesterday and the team and especially the kids will have taken a lot from it.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Are all friendlies not meaningless then?
3pm Sat, 7.45pm Wed pre season or during the season. They all have the risk of injuries.
As long as we learn something from them collectively as a team and individually as players then they are welcome in my book. The only difference between this and a closed doors game is we get the chance to see the team and the club get some cash. Good workout yesterday and the team and especially the kids will have taken a lot from it.

No they're not, I enjoyed the game yesterday and should imagine that a lot of confidence will be born from the performances against superior opposition. My point was the timing of playing a friendly once the season has started was extremely questionable in relation to moving a game that people who committed to ST's may now miss. Of course there will be many arguments for and against, pre season is the time for friendlies in my opinion not once it has started. That said I will always go whenever we play an EPL team as it brings back the memories :greengrin

greenlex
07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
No they're not, I enjoyed the game yesterday and should imagine that a lot of confidence will be born from the performances against superior opposition. My point was the timing of playing a friendly once the season has started was extremely questionable in relation to moving a game that people who committed to ST's may now miss. Of course there will be many arguments for and against, pre season is the time for friendlies in my opinion not once it has started. That said I will always go whenever we play an EPL team as it brings back the memories :greengrin
:agree: Me too. The problem is they need to get the fitba season back where it belongs and kicking of next week.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I buy my season ticket to see as many league games on a saturday as possible. I know a few get moved because of tv, but moving a game because of a friendly is crap, moving the dons game to a sunday for no apparent reason is crap too.

Next season will see me not renew as i feel i am being ripped off now, i always bought my season ticket knowing i'd miss a fewgames, but it was helping the club.

Now they are taking the piss, so i'm taking control of what i spend and when i spend it. And i dont need an excuse not to go to easter road either.

FromTheCapital
07-08-2011, 06:50 PM
The guy in the Newcastle shirt in the East Stand was quality. :greengrin

Removed
07-08-2011, 06:54 PM
The guy in the Newcastle shirt in the East Stand was quality. :greengrin Standing right next to :slipper: I believe :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I buy my season ticket to see as many league games on a saturday as possible. I know a few get moved because of tv, but moving a game because of a friendly is crap, moving the dons game to a sunday for no apparent reason is crap too.

Next season will see me not renew as i feel i am being ripped off now, i always bought my season ticket knowing i'd miss a fewgames, but it was helping the club.

Now they are taking the piss, so i'm taking control of what i spend and when i spend it. And i dont need an excuse not to go to easter road either.

I agree with you 100%. I also travel to games from out of town and also tend to work on a Saturday morning. I don`t travel as far as you of course but it still means leaving home at 10am on a Saturday or Sunday for some of these daft lunchtime kick offs. Saturday 3pm kick offs are fast becoming a rarity.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-08-2011, 07:08 PM
When you buy a season ticket, in good faith, and then the club change games away from a Saturday, the good faith should work both ways, and if you can't attend the momey for that game should be redeemed.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I can understand the issue with people having to travel V's value for money from a season ticket. Sky is ripping the whole out of the game in this country, between using us as a build up to any EPL game meaning moving kick offs to suit.

How much do we actually get from Sky anyway. There has to be a balance between the revenue from TV and how many tickets would we sell as a result if saturday games at 3pm (dare i say it the odd derby)?

Clubs with bigger supports are not as affected i.e. EPL teams and the old firm, they will generally always sell and allocation home or away but when the game has lost its appeal it is affect us more than ever.

I have decided that I wont be renewing my Sky Sports package next season, I would rather take from their pockets and watch hibs than sit in an empty stadium and watch Wigan V West Brom.

On another note heard the yams sold all of there home tickets for the spurs game in 2hours, there is no way we could do that.

Newhaven
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I can understand the issue with people having to travel V's value for money from a season ticket. Sky is ripping the whole out of the game in this country, between using us as a build up to any EPL game meaning moving kick offs to suit.

How much do we actually get from Sky anyway. There has to be a balance between the revenue from TV and how many tickets would we sell as a result if saturday games at 3pm (dare i say it the odd derby)?

Clubs with bigger supports are not as affected i.e. EPL teams and the old firm, they will generally always sell and allocation home or away but when the game has lost its appeal it is affect us more than ever.

I have decided that I wont be renewing my Sky Sports package next season, I would rather take from their pockets and watch hibs than sit in an empty stadium and watch Wigan V West Brom.

On another note heard the yams sold all of there home tickets for the spurs game in 2hours, there is no way we could do that.

Disagree. Priced correctly and with a solid team in place to get us there in the first place we could easily sell out the holy ground in that time.

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Disagree. Priced correctly and with a solid team in place to get us there in the first place we could easily sell out the holy ground in that time.

I think you are kidding yourself. Not only that but you have already added two conditions to buying a ticket 1) that it is priced correctly, whatever that means and 2) that they have the team of the fans choice in place. Regardless they have sold there tickets a few days after emptying there gaffer and getting beat off Utd.

I can remember there being plenty of CIS final tickets available on the run up to the game so to think we would sell out Easter Road in two hours is miles off the truth IMO.

Newhaven
07-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I think you are kidding yourself. Not only that but you have already added two conditions to buying a ticket 1) that it is priced correctly, whatever that means and 2) that they have the team of the fans choice in place. Regardless they have sold there tickets a few days after emptying there gaffer and getting beat off Utd.

I can remember there being plenty of CIS final tickets available on the run up to the game so to think we would sell out Easter Road in two hours is miles off the truth IMO.

Don't think Im kidding myself at all. Re: the 2 conditions - there's only really one and thats the price.

Given that were now paying £28 for the old firm and hearts to come to Easter Road (PATG prices) I dont think many would hesitate in paying at least that for a top Premiership or European club coming to ER for a European tie rather than a mid table team like Sunderland or Bolton.

The one regarding the team was that we had some of the team at the start of the season that got us into Europe in the first place.

It would be nice to get to this position in the future so we could see if I was right :greengrin

Albion Hibs
07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Don't think Im kidding myself at all. Re: the 2 conditions - there's only really one and thats the price.

Given that were now paying £28 for the old firm and hearts to come to Easter Road (PATG prices) I dont think many would hesitate in paying at least that for a top Premiership or European club coming to ER for a European tie rather than a mid table team like Sunderland or Bolton.

The one regarding the team was that we had some of the team at the start of the season that got us into Europe in the first place.

It would be nice to get to this position in the future so we could see if I was right :greengrin

That is the only bit we will agree on in part....I hope next season to be proving you wrong, ideally only by a few hours though!!

Newhaven
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
That is the only bit we will agree on in part....I hope next season to be proving you wrong, ideally only by a few hours though!!

:aok: